Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! (91767 Views)

Nigerian Lady, Opeyemi, Bags First Class Degree In Law From UK University / Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by corisande: 10:31am On Jun 27, 2015
prettyjo:
.....I heard 3.0 is now the standard cut off for those that want to do their masters.how true is this?

very true
Anything below that na pgd first.
Many second class lower holders have to do a pgd first if your gpa is below 3.0
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by opedaydydx9(m): 10:33am On Jun 27, 2015
AdorableJosh:

wow lautech? I'm from Ogbomosho.
am serving, in ogbomoso, orire lga to be precise
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 27, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
I understand dear, it is well, God wld grant ur heart's desires

THANK GOD, HE HAS ALREADY GRANTED IT SINCE,
AND I PRAY HE SEE OTHERS PEOPLE NEED.

1 Like

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by lastpage: 10:39am On Jun 27, 2015
corisande:

very true

If you want to do a Masters degree inn another discipline (from when you had your first degree, even if u had 1st class there),
you will still have to do a PGD in the new field

Lastpage!
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by opedaydydx9(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2015
prettyjo:
.....I heard 3.0 is now the standard cut off for those that want to do their masters.how true is this?
Its a standard in most schools............ If u have a lower cgpa then pdg is recommended..... Chao
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by corisande: 10:40am On Jun 27, 2015
lastpage:

If you want to do a Masters degree inn another discipline (from when you had your first degree, even if u had 1st class there),
you will still have to do a PGD in the new field

Lastpage!

Yea I know
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by obinoral1179(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2015
Johncuppa:

I finished from Lautech. It is one of d best state universities, competing wt Federal skus. The lecturers are quality, the certificate is highly recognise. You can google the name to read more abt d SKU n ow their graduates are doing.
Wish u d best!
smiles, my little bro finished from there but am wary of state school certificate after finishing from a state school... Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by opedaydydx9(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2015
AbuMikey:

Masters Program proper, maybe.
pdg without masters is useless na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:47am On Jun 27, 2015
Olamitisoji:
also third class degree holders that want to step up their degree to first class or 2:1. I know of kwasu they take 150000 for tuition and 15000 for form. I have someone who currently doing this programme.

Please Elaborate Sir
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by bigerboy200: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2015
vroom:

Thanks for the info,i tot of doing mine in NOU,pls how good and how recognised is their cert?
if u have d option of doing it in a state or fed Nuc accredited university,it's better u choose d option..There r so many controversies with regards to NOUN..i don't think u will want to put urself into such controversies considering d complicated situation u are in..May God grant u wisdom in making a good decision.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by princenation(m): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2015
ALL THESE TO GET A JOB THAT PAYS PEANUT OF A SALARY √ OKAY
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by olaarie(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2015
personally, I think what people lack is information. I have seen young people that knows not what is next. kindly note that 3rd class can improve and be better for job placements, I have many as friends and family all we keep doing is to look for alternative degree to back up the 3rd class grade. some had to do PGD and some professional certificate. I think its depend on the field of study, for example I dont see how someone with 3rd class in geophysics can improve his certification with a PGD rather a specific geophysical certificate programme can open doors for him or her. pls I will advice all young people with such degree cadre to seek information before wasting cash and time on any programme. The next bailout is what you should seek. The job employment field is too competitive. be wise.

Ola-Abiola.

2 Likes

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 27, 2015
Nobody is talking about funding. Many folks got their first degree by the grace of God and mostly going to cheap federal institutions, so for many the idea of going further after first degree is not a priority, priority is to get a job and start earning money, I suppose many respondents here don't fall in that category but that's the predicament of many

like some noted, people should try and avoid third class by all means I.e study hard but since its not possible for all of us to have first and second class, some will still have third class, also depending on the course eg. If you have third class in a course like business administration actually means you were either unserious or schooling isn't meant for you in which case I advice you go learn a vocational instead of following the ops advice of PGD and subsequently masters.

lastly, in Nigeria if you have the right connection you can get a government job with even a pass.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by omaji53jeremiah: 11:49am On Jun 27, 2015
good encouragement .
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Curiouscat: 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nice
Olamitisoji:
Those with a third class degree can also find out universities that does degree or HND top programmes, this programme is designed for HND holders who want to stop the dichotomy of their certificates and bag a degree in less than two yrs and also third class degree holders that want to step up their degree to first class or 2:1. I know of kwasu they take 150000 for tuition and 15000 for form. I have someone who currently doing this programme.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by ayooyee: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
AdorableJosh:

wow lautech? I'm from Ogbomosho.
I'm from Ogbomoso too let talk ayooyee@yahoo.com
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by ugoezeik(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
all dis ur story na for those wey wan go school abi. tanx gods say e no concern me
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by michaelou(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
you have hope, that what matters because it gives you the drive.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Mbediogu(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
Fertilenigeria:
Finishing school with first class, second class, third class or pass has nothing to do with life's success after school.

Have you heard that Timaya had 16 over 400 in jamb? But where is he now compared to some professor?

Life in the community is entirely a different ball game. Its now up to you to discover what you can do best while you are young.

this will be your tool for success. So, its not by third class. Do more for yourself

Education spices up your endeavor. Though Timaya succeeded without education, he would have been better off doing what he does now with education. Moreover how many uneducated successful Timayas can you find? He is an excerption that is why you easily named him. Say no to illetracy.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Statesman2k(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
That's true
Fertilenigeria:
Finishing school with first class, second class, third class or pass has nothing to do with life's success after school.

Have you heard that Timaya had 16 over 400 in jamb? But where is he now compared to some professor?

Life in the community is entirely a different ball game. Its now up to you to discover what you can do best while you are young.

this will be your tool for success. So, its not by third class. Do more for yourself
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Tex42(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
Olamitisoji:
Those with a third class degree can also find out universities that does degree or HND top programmes, this programme is designed for HND holders who want to stop the dichotomy of their certificates and bag a degree in less than two yrs and also third class degree holders that want to step up their degree to first class or 2:1. I know of kwasu they take 150000 for tuition and 15000 for form. I have someone who currently doing this programme.
That's interesting. Info is really power.

Pls can you help with more info on how to enroll for this program?. Have a cousin sis the graduated with 3rd class, studied public admin. I think she might be interested in this. Thank you!
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by Popoolaoladayo(m): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
peeta89:
it's good. Buh dey don't have some science courses dia. Dia certificate is highly recognised. It's owned by Federal govt.
. LAUTECH IS RECOGNIZED AND ACCREDITTED. I DID MY MSC IN LAUTECH AND CURRENTLY AM S PHD CANDIDATE IN ANOTHER UNIVERSITY IN GHANA.
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by simieoni: 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
In life u need to define wot u realli want first... Then analyse the tools you need... Nt evrybody needs a good grade to succeed in life... But some surely nid it... But above all don't let d grades u get define your life... Put in ur best in school and put God first... Its well

1 Like

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by dhorlipizzu(m): 1:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Fertilenigeria:

Have you heard that Timaya had 16 over 400 in jamb?
But where is he now compared to some professor?

grin naija musicians sha... I no say na olod dem be.. na why them no dey impact meaningfully for the lives of their fellow country person... they sing sh*t... timaya songs na song?
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by diamondvil(f): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] i graduated wit a 3rd class and felt so bad.but nt up to 2months i came back frm service,i got a job.Working for a telecom firm wit piple under me am paying salary...Ur rsult will neva dtermine ur destiny/success.Jst put God first..I know of piple wit gud grades who ar still jobless.Funny enof,those who do xploits,most times ar nt d ones wit gud grades.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by enet1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
corisande:

very true
Pls does this apply to all schools esp UI?
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by donhils: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
Fertilenigeria:

In as much as a lot of those that didn't make it to higher education will like your post, let's not also forget that there are people that have made it to high points with their education. So don't try to tilt this issue only to a point where those that didn't score above 16 in jamb have reached. There are still people that won't make it in life without Education. Are we now encouraging our teenagers and youths to boycott school or what?
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by ZeezaRapture(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
Wow cool
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by bigtt76(f): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
So third class plenty for Naija undecided
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by alfaododo: 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
DrSage:
Nigerians & rumours shocked

Its not a rumour I watched it too. He made that statement in an interview on HiPTv. That's where. He also said he's first album was priced N450k
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by corisande: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
enet1:
Pls does this apply to all schools esp UI?

I don't know ,You'll have to find out from the school
But its the standard in most schools now, if not all
Re: For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! by ikanason(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happie Boys 'Clubbing And Drinking' In Cyprus / 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.