Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,201 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

My Trip To Aba - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Aba (29605 Views)

My Trip To Owu Waterfall, Kwara State (photos) / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Aba by slap1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
youmour:
I dont get how people wont clean their OWN surroundings but instead be waiting for govt to help them,thats the height of laziness

Clean it by eating the gabarge, right? There is no refuse disposal method. What is your suggestion?
Re: My Trip To Aba by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
Have said it before, Abia and Ebonyi are the two south east state disgracing the region since 1996...what a shame.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Heriadeoluwa: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
Macmilla:
If you have not heard of the city of Aba in Abia state, then you probably a Nigerian by proxy. I was in Aba over the weekend to see my folks and I was filled with awe. The pictures below best describes my surprise.
now dem go dey do shakara say na der city better pass...say lagos na sh***t! Na to dey drink fr beer parlour dem no...

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Aba by nextstep(m): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
OP, it would have been more balanced if you showed various representative parts of Aba. If it was all bad, then I'd agree. As it is, we've seen only one part.

There are parts of New York, London, Berlin, Shanghai, Lagos that are as horrid and blighted as this, but the conclusion that these cities were dirty all over would not be accurate.

Just food for thought

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Aba by Neduzze5(m): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
lative:
pls tell me this pics aint real

Sorry to bust your bubble but it is very real.

Ikpeazu has a lot of work to do in Abia state. Or he can sit and lazy around just like his predecessor did.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
slap1:

Clean it by eating the gabarge, right? There is no refuse disposal method. What is your suggestion?

Well i just gave you a free tip to start up a business.remember me when you hammer cool
Re: My Trip To Aba by Josephamstrong1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Before you enter Aba, there is this big sign post. It says " THIS IS ABA" unlike other States or city that tells u "welcome to Lagos, Asaba etc.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Aba by blackjack21(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
this can be compared with Boko haram infested states. I won't own a car her. In fact, I can't live here.

16:11:13
Sat, Jun 27, 2015
Re: My Trip To Aba by drfk001(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
taadaa:
This is what you get in a nation of no accountability called. Ndigbo will demand utmost performance from their leaders in an Igbo nation. There will be no sacred cows cause we are republican
what is this one saying....Aba is dirty and you're making excuses...a very foolish one
Re: My Trip To Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Its no secret that the former governor of Abia state left the. The city (Aba) in a mess.......it is also not a secret that most residents of Aba have. A bad attitude towards waste disposal......the new governor already hit the ground running.....give the place sometime

But op na only that stretch of road you see for the whole Aba? That's the only place you saw fit for your phone? constructive criticism should be our watchword in this country

And to some people saying AbIa is the dirtiest place in Nigeria.....I take it that you have either not been to Abia or you are plain dumb
Re: My Trip To Aba by eaglechild: 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
If Abia people do not hold their new governor down to focus on Aba then, they have themselves to blame.

That city needs a total overhaul.

However the OP is obviously biased.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Aba by Abba999(f): 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ceeflo:
This place will be better suited for canoes. See that dumpsite with its ancestral stench. You wonder why the former governor wasn't Lynched.

And they yet allowed him to upgrade into Legislooting their state treasury further more. undecided
Re: My Trip To Aba by Blackfire(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
The thunder that will fire T. A orji is in russia buying pump action

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Aba by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
exactly like Lagos.
Re: My Trip To Aba by eraly(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
Neduzze5:

Lolz... But the truth is that Aba/Abia might be the worst state in Nigeria at the moment.

Despite it's huge industrial strides, the former governor decided to leave Abia a mess while perambulating within Umuahia building offices and structures.

I'm a witness.

He shuld av snapped lovely places too, post both good n bad n let we readers judge tru our discretion. He was not being objective about it n dats bad
Re: My Trip To Aba by stanchibyke(m): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
I can't believe that Aba is still like this up till today. They mostly focus on the capital of the state and their home town leaving other cities astray. Leaders please lead us well!
Re: My Trip To Aba by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
These shocking photos show the condition of a Lagos street named Kojo in Ajegunle after heavy rainfall this week. Where did all the dirt come from, my goodness?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Aba by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
chuna1985:
exactly like Lagos.

You wish. Except ajegunle . Aba is a city
Re: My Trip To Aba by Neduzze5(m): 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
eraly:

He shuld av snapped lovely places too, post both good n bad n let we readers judge tru our discretion

I think one major reason to do this is to inform the government about the state of their respective states since we all know that most of the governor fly private jets and may not tend to see that and even where they do, they may overlook it

But when it is brought to the social media and shared from Nairaland to FB to Instagram to Whatsapp to Telegram to BBM and the rest of them, it gets to the ears of the powers that be.

That is what the social media is meant for. That is the power of the social media!

The problem is us and not the pictures. We are tribalistic in nature. We have tribes!!
Re: My Trip To Aba by eraly(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
Neduzze5:

I think one major reason to do this is to inform the government about the state of their respective states since we all know that most of the governor fly private jets and may not tend to see that and even where they do, they may overlook it

But when it is brought to the social media and shared from Nairaland to FB to Instagram to Whatsapp to Telegram to BBM and the rest of them, it gets to the ears of the powers that be.

That is what the social media is meant for. That is the power of the social media!

The problem is us and not the pictures. We are tribalistic in nature. We have tribes!!

if dats d motive behind dis pix, then I support it
Re: My Trip To Aba by itspearl(f): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
IlekeHD:
They're spending their time hating Yorubas instead of fixing their region.
You the man cheesy
Re: My Trip To Aba by Abba999(f): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
edwife:

Is this not Lagos? undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2506267_choj1udwmaa1trx_jpeg5e449a15cb6615219fb2a78fe924005b

So someone will use these pictures to judge the whole of Lagos state? undecided You guys need to change your mindset,bigotry won't lead you nowhere.

But they are using the op post to judge the entire south east biafra.
Re: My Trip To Aba by persius555(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
abia's waste for energy, abeg make una come see money. Chai...
Re: My Trip To Aba by Nicepoker(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
Op. Are u working for waste management agency? U travelled to ABA all could snap was refuse dump. Am not supporting the act either. But tell us where u are from first. Then some one will go over and repeat same childish act of urs. Mind u am not from ABA. Am a calabar guy.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Aba by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Macmilla:
If you have not heard of the city of Aba in Abia state, then you probably a Nigerian by proxy. I was in Aba over the weekend to see my folks and I was filled with awe. The pictures below best describes my surprise.

hmmm i think Aba has improved a lot. Good job mr. Governor and former governors. The people of Aba loves u all
Re: My Trip To Aba by Neduzze5(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
eraly:

if dats d motive behind dis pix, then I support it

I sincerely hope that is the motive... But you know nairalanders....
Re: My Trip To Aba by 76Naira(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
During my NYSC days in 2002, I visited Aba for the first time as a grown up and told my fiancee that there are places in Aba where it would be tough to pick up a 100 dollar bill from the ground. She laughed it off. When she visited Aba in 2006 during her NYSC days in Port-Harcourt, she corrected my statement by replacing the dollar bill with a bundle.
If you are easily irritated, do not visit that town in the rainy season.
It's an irony how people who live there allow their leaders live.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Aba by Bollinger(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nice. Very developed city. But I can't live there though. It's too modern for my liking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic / See The United Arab Emirates Through The Lens Of A Nigerian / Car Burning On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.