Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (43305 Views)

FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years / The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by olalat(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2015
Have visited dt countryside b4? No grass sir. Iv bn there. Infact i cnt spend complete 1 mnth b4 i ran bk to my base. If d pilot tries it, he will crash land. D dust is too much, for katsina i visited o o. Even u as individual can build dat tin for him.
UnknownT:
Helicopters are not that heavy to require a soil analysis before landing. Don't mistake a Helicopter with an Airplane. An open field without any obstruction is enough. What becomes of the helipad after his tenure? This is a misplaced priority even if its been constructed with #1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Hallenjay: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2015
Thisday is full of propaganda this days dats how dey spread unconfirmed news about d selling of 9 of d presidential fleet now De come with building helipad, I won't be shock by the time Adesina confirm its mere lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Mike008(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2015
Slynonny:
I thought the Daura President came to fight corruption.
What is he still doing with 9 Jets?
Why not sale off 6 and retain 3.
1 for you.
1 for your commissioner sorry Vice.
1 for the Senate President and other official tour.
There has to be a clear definition of your CHANGE from Jonathan's TRANSFORMATION.
By keeping those Jets then i won't be wrong to admit that CHANGE and TRANSFORMATION are the same.
"Nice" idea of change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 11:00am On Jun 28, 2015
obayaya:

Really?

GEJ landed on tarred road many times..

Stop trying to defend this rubbish..

He doesn't need a Helipad... Period.

Thats not true, I challenge you to provide proof if you know what you're saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by mtimisola(m): 11:04am On Jun 28, 2015
Presidential Helipad cost nothing less than 100 Million Naira, I mean a HUNDRED MILLION NAIRA.

Don't let anyone fool you, don't you have Google?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by obayaya(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:

Thats not true, I challenge you to provide proof if you know what you're saying.

2010.. GEJ landed on a tarred road inside the University of Port Harcourt.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 28, 2015
sai buhari!!!

ever wonder how you can convert your unyielding internet surfing hours into COOL $CASH? check this out!!!! www.infobiznaija.com/tolexandre nd kiss being broke goodbye. It's been tested and it's NOT A SCAM! THANK ME LATER cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by slimfit1(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2015
googlepikin:
said by a monkey like you that haven't seen an airport before.

If you say so my brother
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Besto(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2015
olalat:
There was no nid 4 it b4 now. Criticism is nt a job bro.

so as supporting a lame idea aint no occupation bro..

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Great009: 11:29am On Jun 28, 2015
Tomorrow we go hear say e dn build hell fire for him useless daura. MTSCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by HzRF(m): 11:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy so a helipad is not necessary for safe landing, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could dangerously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.
So after pmb tenure what becomes the helipad built with tax payers money?
Another ota farm thingy?

2 Likes

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by AMI3(m): 11:39am On Jun 28, 2015
bigerboy200:

Let us stop putting comments out of ignorance... building an helipad in daura is a way to cut down cost. It's much more expensive to keep flying the Presidential jet to the Katsina airport,then moving in a convoy down to daura(katsina to daura is about 1hr 30 mins) when compared to flying an helicopter from Abuja to daura directly.. secondly.. GEJ could afford to land an helicopter anywhere in bayelsa, cos the soil is always wet thus making it loamy(Bayelsa and some regions in d ss have almost 10 months of rain in a year) unlike what is obtainable in d north( almost 10 months of dryness) landing an helicopter on d dry soil is not only dangerous but suicidal considering the fact that it can impede the pilot's visibility and also affect d health of people around due to the massive dust it would raise.. so in terms of TIME and COST, building d helipad is economical. Besides helipad is just a small enclosure made of concrete..that won't cost much..
please tell me was late Yara'Adua not from the North y didn't he build it?

BTW whose money is he using to do that? After his tenure who owns it? what u are insinuating is that any administration that comes should b using money that belong to the masses to fond personal project. May OBJ, Yara'adua and GEJ where all foolish ppl they didn't know the value of money.
change my foot.
he b like the man has brain problem.
Personal Mumu Brain (PMB)aka Brainless

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by bigerboy200: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2015
AMI3:
please tell me was late Yara'Adua not from the North y didn't he build it?

BTW whose money is he using to do that? After his tenure who owns it? what u are insinuating is that any administration that comes should b using money that belong to the masses to fond personal project. May OBJ, Yara'adua and GEJ where all foolish ppl they don't the value of money.
change my foot.
he b like the man has brain problem.
Personal Mumu Brain (PMB)aka Brainless
U are obviously ignorant...with all manner of conviction i can tell u that GEJ even has an helipad in Otuoke..Yaradua is from Katsina,where d airport itself is situated.,so where is d sense in him having an helipad, OBJ has an air strip within his farm(where small private jets can land)...the question is ''is this neccesary??'' the answer is yes...looking at the reasons stated..it would save cost and time..besides an helipad could be created with less than half plot of land..it's just a concrete surface for landing helicopters for goodness sake...stop all dis hate and pray for our president..tho i know u are so so bitter..get used to d fact that PMB is our president..

2 Likes

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by 989900: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2015
The Helipad thing is a 'non-issue'; the number of aircrafts in the PAF is.

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 28, 2015
Obama did not build a halipad in chiscago
Kwame Nkrumad didnot bulid a halipad in tarkoradi his village
Kufor did not build a halipad in his village
Mandela never built one inhis village
Lee Kwan Yu could never think of having one in his village
David cameron has not built a hailpad

But these great world leaders built and are left legacy of development in their nations.

In these times of economic meltdown if an airport in my village would help me be a better president then so be it

On day with the example our Leader
May be when I become President the first thing I construct is an International Airport in village square would be the first thing I do, even before naming Ministers

This is not the Change I Voted for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Neplusultra(f): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2015
Build anything u want o and don't forget to build a maximum prison for Boko haram there too!

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by skykenny: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2015
jejemanito:
Thing is if PMB has not been stretching the patience of nigerians with his gross inaction, this wouldn't have been an issue. For Christ's sake it's a HELIPAD
Helipad not Airport
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by skykenny: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Noneroone:
If you still have faith in this Govt, then your faith can make the earth flat.
It's too early to lose hope bro. It's just a helipad not an airport.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by godwin120alex: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Pardon him cos he is old. It will be difficult to for him to go by road no matter d distance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy so a helipad is not necessary for safe landing, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could dangerously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.
How does the Presidential Jet lands in a helipad? Is helipad not meant for helicopters without tyres?
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

How does the Presidential Jet lands in a helipad? Is helipad not meant for helicopters without tyres?

Helicopters with tyres also land on helipads, or you assumed they taxi to take off and land? The tyres are usually for taxying from the helipad to the hangar where it is kept.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Mgbadike80: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
only a fool would believe a helipad would cost 2million, the fencing alone would gulp multiples of that.the APC propaganda room is always at work on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by taharqa: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:

The unsafe nature of a tarred road due to the risk of flying debris, the lack of a windsock which tells the pilot the direction of the wind, and lack of security for the personality of a President makes that option untenable.

You know dat you are making a FOOOOL of yaself on this thread right?? Am sure deep down you know you are not making ANY sense whatsoever, but just trying to cliq unto a belief that is unraveling fast b4 ya very eyes.

By d way, which soil did Yar'adua helicopter land on in dat same Katsina?? Clayey soil?? Lolz grin
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Drabrah(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=14pt]ENJOY YOUR LIFE AS I DE ENJOY MY OWN SINCE I KNOW SAY BIBLE NA LIE AND HELLFIRE NO DE EXIST.
THIS LIFE TOO SHORT TO PERMIT GIVING ANY OF MY TIME TO IMAGINARY BEINGS.
ABEG MAKE I GO FIND REVEREND SISTER TO KNACK BEFORE CHURCH CLOSE.[/size]
I sorry 4 ur life
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Mgbadike80: 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
olalat:
Have visited dt countryside b4? No grass sir. Iv bn there. Infact i cnt spend complete 1 mnth b4 i ran bk to my base. If d pilot tries it, he will crash land. D dust is too much, for katsina i visited o o. Even u as individual can build dat tin for him.
I'm in the north and i can boldly tell u that politicians land in open school fields here all the time with their helicopters without crash landing. a presidential helipad would cost millions and it's a sign of irresponsibility at this time of national economic crunsh to build a presidential helipad in his village before building anything for the citizens

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
taharqa:

You know dat you are making a FOOOOL of yaself on this thread right?? Am sure deep down you know you are not making ANY sense whatsoever, but just trying to cliq unto a belief that is unraveling fast b4 ya very eyes.

By d way, which soil did Yar'adua helicopter land on in dat same Katsina?? Clayey soil?? Lolz grin

You are a bigger fool for for not coming up with a point before spamming my mentions.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by idros4real: 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
Like Hon Patrick Obahiagbon said and I quote This pervading "I cannot wait for him to fail" mentality some of us have adopted is rather sorry and self defeating... All I can see here is that there are some people that want to see PMB fail by all means but this is not how it should be. I did not vote PMB during the last election but if he fail is another 4 years setback for our great country Nigeria. Let us give him sometime before we start criticizing his government. God bless us all and God Bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by idros4real: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
Mgbadike80:
I'm in the north and i can boldly tell u that politicians land in open school fields here all the time with their helicopters without crash landing. a presidential helipad would cost millions and it's a sign of irresponsibility at this time of national economic crunsh to build a presidential helipad in his village before building anything for the citizens

I don't know if you are a QS, but i will like you to help to estimate the cost of this helipad below.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by QOBB: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=18pt]I think this is a waste of resourced...wh6 dnt he build a full sized private airport on his backyard of better still parachute into his house from the predidential jet since he is a trained military man[/size]
U should run a comedy house. This is so funny!
Iranu!!!
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
I’ll kill corruption in Nigeria – Buhari

MARCH 12, 2015 : CHUKWUDI AKASIKE, PORT HARCOURT
THE presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Mohammadu Buhari (retd.) declared on Thursday that he would kill corruption if he is elected the President of the country.

Buhari stated that he was taking the fight against corrupt as a priority in order to prevent corruption from killing Nigerians, insisting that Nigerians must free their country from the grip of the corrupt men and women.

The APC presidential candidate, who spoke during a South-South presidential rally at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt, observed that monumental corruption had adversely affected the economic development of the country within the past 16 years the Peoples Democratic Party had been at the helm of affairs.

Explaining that corruption had permeated all spheres of the country, Buhari pointed out that the fight against corruption was not about him, but Nigerians, adding that the issue of graft should not be personalized.

“The issue before us is very clear indeed. Please sit in your home, or in small groups, and ask yourselves these questions: How much has accrued to Nigeria in the past 16 years that the PDP has controlled the federal government? How much of these funds have trickled down to you as a Nigerian? Whatever answers you arrive at should determine what party and candidate that you will vote for on April 11.

“We should not personalize this issue. It is not about Buhari; it is about us; it is about you and me; it is about our children and the future of our children. My fear is that if we don’t kill corruption in Nigeria, corruption will kill us. So, the choice before us is to resolve to kill corruption and free our country from the firm grip of corrupt men and women.

“If those in the PDP, who have been in control of our resources at the centre and in most states of the country have been responsive and responsible, there would not be so much insecurity and poverty in the country today.

“If whatever reason, you make a mistake and vote for the PDP at the centre or even in any state, I assure you, you are going to regret it,” the APC presidential candidate added.

Buhari, however, explained that Nigerians would only be doing themselves a favour if they chose to vote for the APC, adding that the naira had gone down in value with manufacturers having challenges to get raw materials and machines.

He maintained that the return of the PDP would only sustain unemployment, poverty and insecurity in the country, saying corruption has taken Nigeria backward.

According to him, “We will use the monies realized by preventing corruption to encourage the industrialization of the country, thereby, creating jobs and wealth. Corruption that has severely affected the oil industry; it has also crept into the energy sector.

“In 16 years, the PDP-controlled federal government has spent over $60 billion on the energy sector, yet we still can’t generate up to 4,000 megawatts of electricity in the country. If you reflect pensively, you will agree that corruption has taken Nigeria backward.

“Make sure you vote and that your votes are counted. If you make the mistake of voting for the PDP, Nigeria will be physically, materially and morally worst for it. God forbid! Let us join hands to kill corruption in Nigeria before corruption kills us. It is a duty that we owe ourselves and our country.”

Also, the Director General of Buhari Campaign Organisation and Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, expressed surprise that the PDP was against the use of card readers aimed at minimizing incidents of rigging in the forthcoming elections.

Amaechi likened the card reader to a purge to the PDP, adding that votes don’t count in the South South and South East because election results were always written.

“The card reader is like purge to the PDP. Even PDP leaders, including their governors don’t want INEC to use the card readers on the day of election. Money was budgeted for the card readers and now that Nigeria has paid for them, then it is only appropriate that INEC use the card readers to conduct the March 28 and April 11 elections.

“In the South South and the South East, we don’t vote during elections, we write election results. But this time, we must vote. In 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan got 1.8 million votes from Rivers State. Let him come and take it in 2015. You know I was formally in the PDP, but this is the first time I have seen fear in the eyes of PDP leaders,” Amaechi said.

The state governor dismissed claims by the PDP that the card readers would disenfranchise eligible voters, arguing that there has never been any election where all eligible voters voted.

He said, “There was no time that all eligible Nigerians have voted in any election. So, if INEC says that it has distributed about 75 per cent of the PVCs, then that is fair enough for us to go into the general election.

Amaechi promised that Buhari would continue with the amnesty programme for former militants in the Niger Delta, but noted that there would be some modification.

“We will add what is not there for now. We will take away the arms with which some prominent politicians have rearmed some of the militants and give them something to do. We will create jobs for them. The amnesty programme will be transformed into a welfare programme,” Amaechi added.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by ERODEDEAST(f): 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
@olalat, You should just hide your face in shame, You have never been to the north so don't defend what you know nothing about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

China Scam:five Proofs That Fayose Never Address Anyone Or Sign Anything (pics) / Peter Obi Meets With Kim Young-chea Of Republic Of Korea - Photos / Peter Obi Celebrates His 62nd Birthday In IDP Camps In Mangu, Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.