Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,913 members, 7,838,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (43307 Views)

FG Builds Borehole For Abia State After 25 Years / The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by tonididdy(m): 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hmmm...this govt when will it start affecting the masses with its change.

We tot gej was a slowpoke but this one na totoise

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Blackfire(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
ojinuocheibi:
a helipad is a cemented floor with a capital H written on it. I know it won't cost more than 100000 naira. So save you strength for a better criticism.

calculate 100 bags of cement x #1,900 naira. 1,953 blocks x #150, 15 trip of sands x #10,000. Iron rod 87 pieces x #2,050. Ply Woods 253pieces x #600. Workmanship 300k to 400k..
I didnt put Some items like nails,water,beautification of the steps and so on. Notice this lay man calculations ,not contract amount gotten from govt.
So next time u mention me with an insult , am a locate u, try and insult me again, please
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by AndreMarley: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
Slynonny:

Tell the Dogo Yaro to sell off those Jets if he is truly there to fight Corruption.
Use ur brain Na, can't u read?? Why wud Buhari sell those jets kwanu? Didn't the Article say, both the Vice president & the Senate president uses some of them? Na wa o, dnt allow ur Hate for buhari also blind ur way of reading/thinking!
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by LeStylo: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy so a helipad is not necessary for safe landing, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could dangerously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.

Finally, someone to school these "collective children of anger"! grin
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by pedro4hope(m): 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
Does this man think that he will rule nigeria forever?
Building an HELIPAD in his home town, hmm I smell one Chance happening to Nigerians.
Maybe next thing will be to move Nigeria capital to duara, convert aso rock or eagles square to cattle ranch all in the name of Change.

2 Likes

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by aresa: 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2015

Do these unexposed villagers even know what HELIPAD is?

It's a freeking concrete patch on the ground.

These villagers are worse than cavemen I swear...

1 Like

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Teel012(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
An helipad is not expensive, my fear is, why u'll need to build one, if u dnt plan on buying a personal helicopter, there's enough space to land d government helicopter on his farm. Or is he goin to dismantle d helipad after he leaves office?
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by bjdon: 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
I am a strong critic of Buhari and this APC jokers, but I'll refrain from attacking him on this one. He is the president and should be afforded some level of comfort.

However a piece of advice for Mr President. As Dele Momodu pointed out in his article, the goodwill Nigerians have for you is fast eroding, you really need to start taking concrete actions that will impact the life of the man on the street.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by citizenisb: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
A lot of times we try to project the image of the benign, peace loving drunk from Otueke to cover up the complete rot his administration represented. It is just a repeat of history as most of us know that Shagari is a good man but his administration was very corrupt.

I stay in Abuja and I know that the corruption under the GEJ administration was monumental and the enormous revenue accrued to the government was wasted even much more than Abacha, Babangida and Obasanjo combined. Why are we so wicked to keep on defending his administration.

Buhari has a lot of personal flaws but if we can remember this election was a referendum on GEJ not necessarily about Buhari in the swing states of the South West and North Central.

Whether he appoints Ministers this night or next year it is a huge relief from the madness we just went through for six years.

It will take a lot for us to recover with the depleted external reserves, crash of crude prices, a possible Greek default, reduction in summer travel and GDP/ Oil use due to terrorism fears, a huge slowdown in China, 30 million barrels of stored Iranian crude about to hit the market with the removal of sanctions and two possible interest rate hikes by the US Federal Reserve.

We are in interesting times no matter who is at the helm and the earlier we all hunker down and pray to weather the storm without terrible social unrest that will come with job losses, subsidy removal, Naira devaluation and corresponding hyperinflation adding to the Boko Haram insurgency decimating the North East and the bankruptcy of the states.

Let me give you a brief example; Buhari told the governors to negotiate longer loan tenors with the banks up to 20 years to reduce the strain and inability to pay salaries, do you know how that will affect bank profits and systemic liquidity. What will happen to their Oil and Gas loans if oil prices dip further.

May God help this country but please it is sheer wickedness to bring up the previous administrations records. In other climes they would have been shot by now.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by bashydemy(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
Some people are here shouting and ranting about this Helipad of a thing like it cost billions, to my best of knowledge not sure it will cost up to 10m naira to build an Helipad not even sure if it will cost up to 5m... Some people just come here commenting and condemning PMB like what he did is wrong, That will even safe more money rather than the President traveling with convoy from Aso rock to Abuja airport and later flying Presidential jet from Abuja to Kastina airport and later convoy from Kastina Airport to Daura that will cost more but instead the President will be flying chopper from Aso Rock directly to Daura with less entourage and less fuel consumption.. This is the kind of President Nigerians have been clamouring for...

God Bless PMB
God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians
God Bless me and my family.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by lexy2014: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
lordTK:
I'm not taken aback. Buhari has Nothing to offer... My pain is on d media 4 calling GEJ a bad name just to hang him.
I don't think d media gave GEJ a bad name. Truth is that he didn't do his job properly. If buhari doesn't do his job, d same fate awaits him. Its that simple
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by ManTiger(m): 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
Slynonny:
I thought the Daura President came to fight corruption.
What is he still doing with 9 Jets?
Why not sell off 6 and retain 3.
1 for you.
1 for your commissioner sorry Vice.
1 for the Senate President and other official tour.
There has to be a clear definition of your CHANGE from Jonathan's TRANSFORMATION.
By keeping those Jets then i won't be wrong to admit that CHANGE and TRANSFORMATION are the same.
Learn how to respect elders and argue constructively.
The Daura President has seen, been to, spoken with and will be your president till 2023 if Jesus tarries. Now tell me who be your fada in this country and what recognition does he has? If I see u typing anything that portray the People's President in a bad light, I will send you to the Otuoke Gallow just like we sent your mumu paymaster. Omo alaileko.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by ajepako(f): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
Seriously, this is the President Buhari's way of alienating himself from his Daura cows

Instead of repairing the roads leading to his village thuss becoming closer to his constituency and improving the infrastructure in Katsina, he prefers a Helipad

Honestly, it is dumb, but his Daura goats will not know since they dont know their a-s-s from their nose..

Babaonechance!
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by wealth123: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
How many months has Buhari been in power? Why can't you find something constructive to say instead of just spewing trash. In just one month he should have sold all the aircraft.

Slynonny:
I thought the Daura President came to fight corruption.
What is he still doing with 9 Jets?
Why not sell off 6 and retain 3.
1 for you.
1 for your commissioner sorry Vice.
1 for the Senate President and other official tour.
There has to be a clear definition of your CHANGE from Jonathan's TRANSFORMATION.
By keeping those Jets then i won't be wrong to admit that CHANGE and TRANSFORMATION are the same.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Slynonny(m): 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
ManTiger:

Learn how to respect elders and argue constructively.
The Daura President has seen, been to, spoken with and will be your president till 2023 if Jesus tarries. Now tell me who be your fada in this country and what recognition does he has? If I see u typing anything that portray the People's President in a bad light, I will send you to the Otuoke Gallow just like we sent your mumu paymaster. Omo alaileko.
Am glad you just confirmed that he is the Daura President.
For that am feeling good like never BEFORE.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Slynonny(m): 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
wealth123:
How many months has Buhari been in power? Why can't you find something constructive to say instead of just spewing trash. In just one month he should have sold all the aircraft.

Does he have to stay there for 4 years before turning water into wine like he promised you his fellow cows??
#Dogo_Yaro_Dullard...
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Slynonny(m): 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
AndreMarley:

Use ur brain Na, can't u read?? Why wud Buhari sell those jets kwanu? Didn't the Article say, both the Vice president & the Senate president uses some of them? Na wa o, dnt allow ur Hate for buhari also blind ur way of reading/thinking!
Nwokem afum na isi adirogi mma abi!
9 Presidential Jets but only six is available for use now.
1. For Daura President.
1. For his Comissioner.
1. For Senate President.
What then happens to the remaining 3?
Your the one that need to use his brain that is if is not dead like the Daura President's own.
Adim afudigi self.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by appini: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
ayoolanr:
I have a feeling Nigerians have been scammed again! I was a firm supporter of this Man, but i am not sure about that anymore!

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Mgbadike80: 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
idros4real:

I don't know if you are a QS, but i will like you to help to estimate the cost of this helipad below.
dude I'm a builder and i can boldly tell u that helipad u pictured is for an unknown farmer somewhere in the western hemisphere. buhari won't use anything like that. you can argue all you want but you know within yourself that I'm saying the truth.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Slynonny(m): 9:47am On Jun 29, 2015
wealth123:

So he should spend eternity before bringing his negative CHANGE.
Am not surprised though cos at 72 there's a limit to what he can do.
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by uchwar1: 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
The Daura kunu drinker would soon 4get he is the president. He 4gets everything since he clocked 70. My problem is that his so called commisioner cannot control the country if baba breaks down. We are still waiting for him to lead NA to sambisa as he promised. #Bring back our girls!
Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by double0seven(m): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
I swear, the level of intelligence on Nairaland is so abysmally low, it's shameful.

An helipad is just a patch of concrete on the ground for an helicopter to land. A basketball or lawn tennis court can convenient be used as helipad. Does a lawn tennis court cause ten of millions?

So many ignoramus on this forum that it's alarming!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets With Kim Young-chea Of Republic Of Korea - Photos / Peter Obi Celebrates His 62nd Birthday In IDP Camps In Mangu, Plateau State / Soldier Narrates How He Survived Boko Haram Attack On Christmas Eve(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.