Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63354 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Vodkka(m): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2015
Acekidc4:

Why will they still be Using the Word Virgin to Describe Her??

She is No Virgin!! Catholics should get that into their Skulls!!

she is still a virgin till death ,,,,,

Give me your own proof and I will give you genuine one that she is,,,,,
waiting for your reply::
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by formerlyMbulela: 10:25am On Jul 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

Take for instance,

If I have the fore-knowledge of a plot to assassinate someone on Monday en route to work (I eavesdropped on the plotters) and advised that target should either stay put at home or take another route, if he heed and thus remain alive:

I delivered him from that danger. No?
Mary has no foreknowledge of anything.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by eyenibibio(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2015
1bunne4lif:
But God himself made her the queen of the apostles
Where can I find what you just said in the bible, Sire? I need the chapter & verse just exactly as you said 'that God made Mary the Queen of the Apostles'

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Aizenosa(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2015
Another thing I want to talk about is death, 4/5 of Christians don't understand what death is and what sleep is
SLEEP: a state where u have no control whatsoever of ur physical body but ur soul still functions on the spiritual realm and can fellowship with God, everyone sleeps this I call temporary sleep, permanent sleep is one in which u don't wake up everyone must partake in this sleep.

DEATH: a state where u are cut off from fellowship with God in the spiritual realm, this occurs when u have been condemned by God. My prayers is dat none of u partake in this.

REFERENCE
Genesis 2:16-17
Psalms 30:2,4,5,6,11,12,13
Mark 5:21-43
WISDOM 1:13-15, 2:23-24

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexander001(m): 10:28am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:

They are worshipping idol not Mary the mother of Jesus pls.
don't change ur mouth. your aim of opening this argument is to condemn mary and Catholic church. so don't change from your stance.call a spade a spade nt shovel
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by honourhim: 10:28am On Jul 05, 2015
Mariojane:
is it not the same bible that tells us a story about wedding in Cana when the wine was finishing and Mary came to beg Jesus and he said 'mother you know my time has not come but because you are my mother I will do it. What will you say about that? Cos the only thing you people do these days is to condemn churches and abandon your faith. Why don't you let all of us meetf on the judgement day and leave judgment for God

Liar.

1. Jesus never said he ll do the miracle because of his mother. Read again in John 2: 4. Even if it was the people that wedded that came and made that request, Jesus would ve still done it. There is nothing in that passage that suggests that Jesus did that miracle because of his mother.

2. Mary made that request just like every other person that requested for miracle from Jesus in the bible. Jesus did much difficult miracle for other people than he did for Mary so nothing special about Mary's request.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by formerlyMbulela: 10:29am On Jul 05, 2015
Syncan:

Oh really?

If Abraham can hear us, (see the rich man and Lazarus) Lk 16:19-31....So Mary can hear.

Prayer. The communication with God is more a spiritual than physical thing, for God is a spirit. If you don't need her help,I have no problem with that, but don't condemn me for asking a righteous person to pray for me because "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective". James 5:16

If Abraham can hear us like Mary does, why don't you ask Abraham to intercede for you too? Why only Mary?

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by formerlyMbulela: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2015
1bunne4lif:
But God himself made her the queen of the apostles
Who is the king of the apostles?

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by neocortex: 10:32am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:

Sorry friend, Christianity can supersede logic but it does not contradict it.

Those who say they came out from nowhere have a lot of illogicalities and inconsistencies to deal with. No, not the christian.

I think everyone agrees that everyone agree that we all came out of "nowhere" ,
it is from the definition of nowhere that various disagreements emanate from.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by eyenibibio(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2015
SalC:
Thanks my dear, at least you gave me good pointers.

Well I was asking for the children of Mary not the brothers of Jesus, if you care I can still give you verses to prove that though these people are called Jesus' they are not the children and I hope you know the word used there doesn't necessarily mean biological brothers.

It might be a long walk but am ready to go all the way.
Verse 35 of mark chap 3 shows the clear distinction btw Jesus natural(biological) & spiritual brothers.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by honourhim: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2015
Alexander001:
don't change ur mouth. your aim of opening this argument is to condemn mary and Catholic church. so don't change from your stance.call a spade a spade nt shovel

U still dont get it. The silly Mary that u people are worshipping is an idol, a mermaid. Jesus did not support the worship of his mother so whoever thinks it is the mother of Jesus that he or she is praying to is fooling himself or herself.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2015
formerlyMbulela:

If Abraham can hear us like Mary does, why don't you ask Abraham to intercede for you too? Why only Mary?

That's where you lie. We ask all the saints (including angels) to intercede for us, It is you that I will ask "Why pick on Mary"?

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by neocortex: 10:34am On Jul 05, 2015
Vodkka:

she is still a virgin till death ,,,,,

Give me your own proof and I will give you genuine one that she is,,,,,
waiting for your reply::

I am sure you know that Mary had other children apart from Jesus.
But again virgin may mean different thing to you.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by formerlyMbulela: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2015
neocortex:

I am sure you know that Mary had other children apart from Jesus.
But again virgin may mean different thing to you.
He is unaware.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by monex(m): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
We won't achieve anything from this discussion if answer questions with questions.
because catholics dont take the Bible as the only source of doctrine. however, whatever they say/do cannot contradict the bible.

nonetheless, the scriptures can be subject to several interpretations that is why the most important entity on the life of a christian (catholic or protestant) is the Holy Spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by An2elect2(f): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2015
neocortex:

I think everyone agrees that everyone agree that we all came out of "nowhere" ,
it is from the definition of nowhere that various disagreements emanate from.

Nope, most people believe we were created by God, the onus lies on atheists to prove otherwise...or hold their guts.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 10:38am On Jul 05, 2015
formerlyMbulela:

He is unaware.

Again you lie. She has no other Children.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 05, 2015
Nweike1:
A question I have for catholics is this: If you don't honour Mary, does that mean you won't make heaven or Jesus Christ will not answer your prayers?

How will you feel if your wife claims to love you but hates/detests your mother?

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexander001(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:

I don't go to "church" anymore. And i cant remember saying God directed me to another in my post. undecided
really? it's your choice. bt since you despise Catholic, their most be one church you have soft spot for that made you realize that attending Catholic won't help you. ohh if you can't find another church since you left Catholic that means that Catholic is the best grin
An2elect2:

I don't go to "church" anymore. And i cant remember saying God directed me to another in my post. undecided
really? it's your choice. bt since you despise Catholic, their most be one church you have soft spot for that made you realize that attending Catholic won't help you. ohh if you can't find another church since you left Catholic that means that Catholic is the best
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by MrDoGood(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2015
Guy do what you believe will put you in the right place on the last day.
Pray to marry or not, all I can say is
Try and live a holy life. We might not be %100 perfect but live above average.
Thank you and happy Sunday to everyone
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by U2ice(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2015
D way Adeboye undastnds his bible no b so Okotie or any oda pastor/priest undastnd dias....

No two persons undastnds all d verses alike...

So to av d same undastnd as God, person go die 1st

My 2cents
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Empredboy(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:

Were you able to understand your post? please help me out (no offence)
my frend, by leaving d catholic church to
another has it changed anything frm u?
I mean fortune, joy,happiness,peace of
mind, wealth? What i want u to know is that u
should respect the opinion of people.
There are traditions in every aspect of life
be it vocation, family, communities
and religion. Example of family tradition is ways of greeting elders, vocational tradition also is doctors n lawyers puting on their uniforms.
So if catholic state her
tradition( by honouring mary) dont u think the church is also following her tradition just as Jesus said 'he did
not come to change d law(tradition) but
to fufil its righteousness' same with
moses telling d isearlites to follow the
tradition.
So if catholic has tradition
what is ur new church tradition? Since
bible said only the miracle of christ if
written down, d world alone wont be able to
carry it. How much more some
important events which would have been
useful for our salvation. Thats why the
bible said ask ur elders to tell u things of
the past because the bible itself knew that this
type of argument will happen in future. My point is if honouring mary by catholics does not make catholic to stop loving (which is the greatest commandment) her fellow human begin then why the hate? Thats why i asked u if leaving catholic u have gotten all the wealth,joy,happiness if this world?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by neocortex: 10:42am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:

Nope, most people believe we were created by God, the onus lies on atheists to prove otherwise...or hold their guts.

Came out and created are synonymous.
While the "nowhere" could be spontaneous or intelligently directed.
Whichever one we believe , we all indirectly accept that something did start out from nothing.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by chinae(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
This short prayer says otherwise.

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

I wonder who gave her such power.
But your pastor have power to cast demons and rebuke devil. Who gave him?

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 10:44am On Jul 05, 2015
eyenibibio:

Verse 35 of mark chap 3 shows the clear distinction btw Jesus natural(biological) & spiritual brothers.
Another good pointer but no I wasn't even referring to his spiritual brother here.

Let's not miss the point here, we are talking about Mary having other children you implied she had and I said she does not
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2015
swtgrl4eva:

How will you feel if your wife claims to love you but hates/detests your mother?

You didn't have to respond to that post. With regards to our faith we don't go for weak pass, we go for excellence. Let him continue to ask for weak pass cut off.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by UnclePati: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2015
I am catholic.

We do not worship Mother Mary.
We only Honour
We Ador her.

All this we do for her contributions to the birth and death of christ.

Mother Mary was choosen by God himself.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by eyenibibio(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2015
Syncan:

It is our property bro, we decided what to put and what not to put. And for those we didn't put, we decide what to take and what not to take. No one can tell the Catholic Church what the bible says, we spread Christianity for years without a collective book, for the "Pillar and ground of truth" is the Church 1tim.3:15.
The Bible is inspired of God. It is not the property of any man nonetheless the Catholic church (2nd Tim 3:16-17). That is why earlier attempts to destroy it by man has failed, even those made by the Catholic church.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Justiyke4u: 10:46am On Jul 05, 2015
SalC:
No dear I don't "read" my bible, it is not sun newspaper rather I "study" and my study led me to ask that question.

Let me make it clear that am a Catholic who don't believe sola scriptura that was why I didn't narrow my question down to bible to him but I see you choose to refer specifically to the bible, so I will be glad if you will enlighten me with the bible because am yet to find my answer to this in it.

Shalom
sir, please don't be confused with semantics and am sure that your study has not also led you to this passage below Matt 13:55
Is this not the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? [56] And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" [57] So they were offended at Him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house...

Then speaking about not referring specifically to the bible is there any other book that has the account of Jesus that Christians believe in other than the bible? If there is please am willing to learn
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2015
formerlyMbulela:

Who is the king of the apostles?
peter
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Tallesty1(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2015
chinae:

But your pastor have power to cast demons and rebuke devil.
Who gave him?
John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greaterworksthan these shall he do; because I go unto my Father

There is no scriptural evidence that the power will follow them to the grave.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by dajoaneke(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2015
Honoring Mary is not a bad idea... The way Catholic church honours Mary can be deemed worship tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman's 38 Prophecies For 2021 / Man Caught Drinking Holy Communion Wine After Stealing It From Church In Lagos / Christians Sold American Church To Muslims, Rejected Club Owners' Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.