Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63342 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by manchester1: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2015
Ichiato:
Any biblical proof mary is dead?
if she not dead. then where is she??

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2015
Your bizness and theirs, Jesus is God
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Aizenosa(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2015
Of all things seen here I can't stop but keep laughing and I can't stop, u all praise Luther, Knox and all other revolution church leaders for leaving the church but as for this point dey all support it, so I wonder why u dere followers are confused maybe u people need to do more substantial research on the topic cuz ur knowledge has no foundation at all, read ur Matthew gospel well with understanding hopefully u will get why the Catholic views are different

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Empredboy(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
I personally don't say that prayer, though I am catholic.
i am sorry to tell u dat u are nt a catholic cos u have to believe in full the teachings of the church

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by eyenibibio(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
Which part of the bible were asked to go to church on sunday?
Heb 10:24-25. Verse 25 shows that pple have the custom of staying back from church as you are doing while 24 encourages you to change your custom.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexander001(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
Bitter?

Well, truth has always been bitter and 4 ur info, I just came back from 6am mass.
hmmm
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexander001(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
Bitter?

Well, truth has always been bitter and 4 ur info, I just came back from 6am mass.
you're no Catholic. if truly you are, you did not well in catechism...because it has all your questions and answer about almost everything about Catholic and mary plus bible verses to support you.

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by An2elect2(f): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2015
Empredboy:
my frend, by leaving d catholic church to another has it changed anything frm u? I mean fortune, joy,happiness,peace of mind? What i want u to know is that u should respect the opinion of people. There are tradition in every aspect of life be it ur vocation, family, communities and religion. So if catholic state her tradition dont u think the church has nothing to hide has jesus said 'he did not come to change d law(tradition) but to fufil if righteousness' same with moses telling d isearlite to follow the tradition. So if catholic has tradition what is ur new church tradition? Since bible said only the miracle of christ if written down, d world wont be able to carry it. How much more some important event which would have been useful for how salvation. Thats why the bible said ask ur elders to tell things of the past bcoe the bible itself new this type of argument will happen in future.

Were you able to understand your post? please help me out (no offence)

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Tallesty1(m): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2015
Empredboy:
i am sorry to tell u dat u are nt a catholic cos u have to believe in full the teachings of the church
Interesting.

Even when the church is running fast on a wrong lane?

I can't be brainwashed bro........

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by An2elect2(f): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2015
MKO4ever:

I pray God will soon open your eyes completely. Islam is the only true religion.

Islam is of the devil. The Lord that i serve is God.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by An2elect2(f): 10:07am On Jul 05, 2015
Alexander001:
opened your eyes and directed you to which church? did he tell you that the church you worship with is the one true church? I would love to attend the church that God himself directed you.

I don't go to "church" anymore. And i cant remember saying God directed me to another in my post. undecided
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by An2elect2(f): 10:08am On Jul 05, 2015
PreacherxSon:

...very funny, ur still going to leave that your present church to a new one soon...''MARK MY WORDS''

#BuhThatsNonOfMyBusiness !!!
K
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2015
You are saying rubbish
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by An2elect2(f): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2015
Hizzy:
. Which church did God opened your eyes to see and start attending their services
That is not the point.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2015
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2015
Stop church prostitution
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2015
Justiyke4u:
I don't argue religion but do you read your bible?
No dear I don't "read" my bible, it is not sun newspaper rather I "study" and my study led me to ask that question.

Let me make it clear that am a Catholic who don't believe sola scriptura that was why I didn't narrow my question down to bible to him but I see you choose to refer specifically to the bible, so I will be glad if you will enlighten me with the bible because am yet to find my answer to this in it.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Jomazy: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2015
Jesus BELONGS TO EVERYBODY & BELONGS TO NOBODY.
So y pray to Jesus through Mary?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by An2elect2(f): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2015
neocortex:

Be wary of using "logic" it has turned many christian into atheist grin

Sorry friend, Christianity can supersede logic but it does not contradict it.

Those who say they came out from nowhere have a lot of illogicalities and inconsistencies to deal with. No, not the christian.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by guyX(m): 10:15am On Jul 05, 2015
Some of you here that are saying nonsense about Our Mother Mary, think that they are doing the right thing.
Well, Saul, who later became St. Paul thought he was doing the right thing before he got arrested by Jesus Christ in the "acts of the apostles".
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by eyenibibio(m): 10:15am On Jul 05, 2015
SalC:
That you refer to it as a stupid question doesn't automatically make it so.

Can you show us any other child of Mary?
Mark 3:31-35 says Jesus mother and brothers wer standing outside with a message for him.
Also, matt 13:53-56 mentioned James, Joseph, Simon, Jude & 'his sisters' as other Siblings Jesus had. Yes, Mary evidently had other Children.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Brown47: 10:15am On Jul 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

Who disvirgined her.
You?
The holy spirit
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexander001(m): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2015
misreal:
catholics claim not to worship Mary,but honour her.the problem is,they don't know that extreme honour to a man steers up jealousy in the heart of God.they simply give Mary too much honour, which makes them worship her indirectly.you don't need to call a thing your God before you can be worshiping it,you worship it when you value it more than God...simply put,catholics honour Mary more than they honour Jesus...
you need to be a Catholic to understand a thing about Catholic...you cannot a deeper member and start saying that you know everything about christ embassy.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by teasel: 10:18am On Jul 05, 2015
"Protestants were cursed to protest forever" grin

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by syndrum(m): 10:18am On Jul 05, 2015
are u NUT!!!.?.. who says mary is been worshipped!!!.... Ask any good catholic... he or she wud tell ya...no one is worshipping mary...
Can't u seek for the intersession of Pastor Adeboye, Kumuyii,Mose Orimolade, And so on...in ur prayer... so, why do u sing d song "Abraham blessings are mine"...its d same logic with d way u think ur dad or u mum or ur pastor can pray for u, so also mary can pray for cos of her grace from God especially to begot Christ...Even the angel hailed her by saying "hail mary, full of grace... " read ur bible well..
I hate it when other churches castigate catholics, Forgetting dt catholic would never do that..and by d way all of ya guys desend from catholic when prides got into ur head wf d thought of creating another xhurch...They no longer talk about holy sacrament again, baptism,penance and so on... what they do is preaching sucxess and not salvation of the soul...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by pasol4real(m): 10:18am On Jul 05, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Yes cause its a sin to worship anyone or thing except God

Think catholic are guilty of this... Even in the one i attend they kneel down n do the sign of the cross in front of mary n joeseph
But u will kneel in front of ur fake pastor ,bow n ask him to lay his hands on u n pray for u

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 05, 2015
pasol4real:

But u will kneel in front of ur fake pastor ,bow n ask him to lay his hands on u n pray for u
Lie lie
My pastor is white
He will think im crazy we dont behave like that here ..
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by tk2(m): 10:22am On Jul 05, 2015
Well its quite unfurtunate even bobo church goers are here ranting rubish about catholics worshiping Mary. Wen some of you do not even knw where u r headed to. What Christ simply meant and said to the woman was "yeah rather, blessed are the people that hear the word of God and keep it" which means yes but what the woman should do is concentrate on the word of God maybe that is what Christ felt she lacked at the moment. If u say we catholics worship Marry how does if affect you? Or is preventing you from making heaven? Let the catholic faith be pls. Some of you speak like beer palour banters emiting rubbish where as you attend churches whose names you can not even find in the Bible. The Bible once said some thing like honour ur father and mother so that ur days will be long. Can you nw say that weda catholic or not it means you should worship your father or mother? I dont blame you sha. Catholic or not keep to ur faith let we Catholics keep to urs the end will justify the means. If you dont av anytin meaningfull read ur books pls, remember what happens if you sin against the Holy spirit?. Some of us fear and let me use this word worship our men of God, you fear then more than God yet no one comes here to make a big deal out of it. Look at the case of Pastor king. You r nt Catholic so wetin corncern una with wetin we dey do? How wetin we dey do they affect una? My advice is we should stop posting issues like dis about peoples faith everyone has freedom of worship even if na fish person wan worship make una allow am. Abi una go answer for am on judgement day? So pls we r one in as much as we have different beliefs and faith at the end will realize that we r all headed in one direction.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]Y do sum ppl lyk killing dia sewf by dia sewf? undecidedY do sum ppl lyk killing dia sewf by dia sewf? Siipin ma liquor anyway.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2015
Catholics honour mary, they don't worship her.

I'm having this feeling that the op know this still he's trying hard to twist the truth.

I honour mary. something i will do for the rest of my life.

Please try and live with that. Don't commit suicide, i don't want to lose a Nigerian over this.

6 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Dauchman(m): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:
Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 [b][/b]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We can see in the scripture above that Christ didnt give support to the slightest worship of his mother yet people wont hear.

Lol!!!...U read but do not understand.

Christ says blessed are those who hear the word and keep it for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

From Genesis to Revelation...who heard the word and kept it.....once you can answer this question, you would have the answer to your own question.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 10:24am On Jul 05, 2015
eyenibibio:

Mark 3:31-35 says Jesus mother and brothers wer standing outside with a message for him.
Also, matt 13:53-56 mentioned James, Joseph, Simon, Jude & 'his sisters' as other Siblings Jesus had. Yes, Mary evidently had other Children.
Thanks my dear, at least you gave me good pointers.

Well I was asking for the children of Mary not the brothers of Jesus, if you care I can still give you verses to prove that though these people are called Jesus' brothers they are not the children of Mary and I hope you know the word used there doesn't necessarily mean biological brothers.

It might be a long walk but am ready to go all the way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) / Imam Suleiman Njoku & His Reverend Sister, Celebrate Christmas Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.