Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63358 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by frankgreat(m): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2015
These is the reason Christians cant be together, we have different belief and doctrines...I see no reason why these is an argument...its a simple logic, the mother of our saviour should be honoured because if not for her humble self dere won't be any saviour to redeem us..so its simple knowledge.. if you don't believe the mother of your saviour should be honoured then don't insult those that believe cos most of you almost worship your pastors....

5 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2015
Acekidc4:

See the Fooolish Question you are Asking Me!!

Did Mary Die a VirginAnswer Me Fast fast!!

Bros, the reason why the word "virgin" is used with mary is that he carried baby jesus without prior canal knowledge of a man. She had other children after Jesus but what set her apart is the fact that she was found a virgin and submitted to the will of God to carry the pregnancy of baby Jesus even with all the shame/contempt the people would show her back then for being "pregnant" out of wedlock.
Also, if u read the scriptures well u'd know that Mary has Jesus' number. That is, if he asked jesus for somtin, he does it. That's why catholics pray to her to 'intercede' for them to her son Jesus Christ. They (We) dont worship her. #AsIwasTaughtInCatechism

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by ucde(m): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2015
please dont say what u knew nothing about.. if u didnt recognise her as the mother of jesus am so sorry for u
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Maser: 9:15am On Jul 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

"Honour"

1. respect that is given to someone who is admired

2. good reputation : good quality or character as judged by other people

3. high moral standards of behaviour

Etc.

<Webster Merriam dictionary>

Which of the definition above cant I use to describe Mary, mother of Jesus who is God?

Do you honour your father and Mother by the way?

The Catholics' is an honour carried to a worshipful degree or simply put, Worship disguised as honour!

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 05, 2015
ok... another bashingat catholics? why are you so concerned about that... stick to your mode of worship and let others be.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by joseph1832(m): 9:16am On Jul 05, 2015
khachee:

There is a difference between reading and studying, go back and study that passage. Jesus didnt rebuke the woman.

And by the way honour is different from worship, catholics honour her

#my 2 cent
And how do Catholics honor Mary? By making statures of her kneeling down there and praying?.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by MKO4ever(m): 9:16am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:
Catholics worship a certain Mary not the Mary of the bible of course because if she were here she will rebuke them totally.

When i was a catholic, a priest tried explaining that passage to mean some kind of special blessing accrued to Mary. And He said something like "blessed are those who hear the word and keep it LIKE MARY"
I almost believed Him but i knew something was wrong with his interpretation. Jesus didn't say LIKE MARY. Where did he get that from? i thought! And how Jesus swiftly responded to the woman's words, bothered me,but all these things did not deter me from continuing with catholicism until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.
I pray God will soon open your eyes completely. Islam is the only true religion.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:16am On Jul 05, 2015
Guy na you dull pass for quoting me
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jamp: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2015
[Quote]......[/quote]
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2015
Jonathan:

The most stupíd question ever
Was it only Jesus Mary gave birth to

I see catholicism as a religion form by one obsessed and posseed retąrded virgin lover.
That you refer to it as a stupid question doesn't automatically make it so.

Can you show us any other child of Mary?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Pavore9: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2015
jamp:

Oga u hit the nail gbam.

My brother, people will always be disturbing themselves with what is not disturbing them, My own be say even if it is a Buddhist that will help me with sustainable innovations that would improve the quality of life of my community what concerns me with his religious belief?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jonadaft: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2015
SalC:
That you refer to it as a stupid question doesn't automatically make it so.

Can you show us any other child of Mary?
And you call yourself a Christian
Hypocrite !

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by MKO4ever(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
Stop wondering you heretic dullard, Mary is the MOTHER OF Jesuse Daughter of God the Father and Spoues of Holy spirit so she divinely connected and all grace we receive from God pass through her hand that is why she is full of Grace.
Mary is the mother of God shocked shocked Allahu Akbar
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by guyX(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
This short prayer says otherwise.

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions in our necessities,
but deliver us always from all dangers,
O glorious and blessed Virgin.
Amen.

I wonder who gave her such power.
How spiritual is your spiritual life?

The answer to that question is the answer to your "I wonder who gave her such power".
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Pchinak: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2015
Syncan:

You should really laugh out loud I tell you.

An angel coming from God said to Mary "blessed art thou among women." Lk 1:28

Elizabeth Filled with the Holy Ghost said to Mary "Blessed art thou among women" Lk1:42

A woman inspired by Jesus teachings said of Mary "Blessed is the womb that bare thee" Lk 11:27

...Yet the OP says the woman worshiped Mary and Jesus rebuked her.

Bro Vest, you really need to laugh out loud.

1000Likes

5 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by stag: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2015
nyabinghi:
so they killed God on the cross, jesus is a god but there is only one God Allah(SWT) tekbir

mohammed is liar as the One True God never sent him. His vengeful guts went spilling innocent blood and inciting others to violence with promises of virgins in heaven and under-aged children as wife on earth.

This here is one of the failures of Nairaland and its chief decision maker, Seun. With due respect to him, so a muslim freely comments and insults Jesus and I cannot even view threads in Islam section let alone comment?

There should be a corresponding gesture. Whoever wants to comment on christian threads should be made to accept Christ as his Lord and personal saviour.

I know this comment will be hidden. But my response is only fair.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by DIOSHEYI(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2015
khachee:

There is a difference between reading and studying, go back and study that passage. Jesus didnt rebuke the woman.

And by the way honour is different from worship, catholics honour her

#my 2 cent
Is you that needs to study the bible very well and allow holy spirit to interprete it for u, the point there is not about comdemnation jesus is not condeming any1 is jst trying to let the woman nd the people realised that blessed are for only does who hear the word of his father(God ) nd keep the word by heart what doest it sounds to u ? is an indirect way of saying the honour doesn't belong to my mother rather to God, U honour her and what did u now do to God(Jesus christ)? u respect or dishonour him................Fundamentalist is not evil even jesus christ was a fundamentalist what is evil is been a fundamentalist in a wrong ideology and remember there is noting dangerious in this world than sincere ignorance and conscientious Stupidity.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2015
What is grace, and what grace is bigger than giving birth to God?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Justiyke4u: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2015
Ichiato:

Any biblical proof mary is dead?
the only two people I know that went to heaven alive was Enoch and Elijah please correct me if am wrong

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by cjfavour(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2015
DIOSHEYI:
Please can u point where it is in the bible................?

Is Mary not dead? y d question?

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2015
Dumb black people arguing over white man's religion. Blacks are indeed stupid.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jamp: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2015
Pavore9:

My brother, people will always be disturbing themselves with what is not disturbing them, My own be say even if it is a Buddhist that will help me with sustainable innovations that would improve the quality of life of my community what concerns me with his religious belief?

You are right brother. All these arguments will not make a catholic to leave catholic or a protestant to become a catholic. Bros how far with my biogas. I need that stuff.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by MKO4ever(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
One thing i love about my parish priest is that he takes his to explain some certain passage in bible. Jesus spoke Aramic during his days on earth which makes it hard to transilate in English Language, you should have ask your priest then what was the original text of this particular passage
Therefore the English version of the bible is just a scam
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
Stop wondering you heretic dullard, Mary is the MOTHER OF Jesuse Daughter of God the Father and Spoues of Holy spirit so she divinely connected and all grace we receive from God pass through her hand that is why she is full of Grace.

with what you just said now, it can cause a sane man to go mad. I nearly go crazy after reading your comment.
Mary daughter of God
Mary mother of Jesus
Mary spouse of the Holy Spirit, on this I give up.
And you didn't even mind if we are still alive after reading this and you went ahead to say she is full of grace and all grace we receive pass through her. What?
Please what bible translation do you use. We must correct this. Please wait after church service.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Greatfes17: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2015
You cry to pastors to pray for you. Because you think he has better relationship with God.
How much more crying to the Mother of Christ.
Even christ said that through himself you get to the father, why not just directly to the father.

Christ's first miracle at cana was requested for by the mother and Christ stated that his time hasnt come yet. But because of the mother he did it. Why?

In luke gospel account, the holy spirit speaking through the mother of John The Baptist said thus "blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb JESUS." he further said that from this day all people shall call you(Mary) "BLESSED"

4 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Justiyke4u: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
bible quotation please
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by onwoke2(m): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:
Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 [b][/b]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We can see in the scripture above that Christ didnt give support to the slightest worship of his mother yet people wont hear.
you Love the son of God,Jesus,u seem to hate to mother who give birth to Him by the power of the Holy Spirit.think of something else,dnt ask God question,on Y He choose mary,God nos evrythg.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by redsun(m): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2015
"Jesus" or tather tge early chrisyians set out to depict himself as a God and laying emphasis on the fact that he was born of a woman wouldn't add credence to his claim of divinity.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 9:24am On Jul 05, 2015
Jonathan:

And you call yourself a Christian
Hypocrite !
Sorry if you know me too well, you will realise name calling don't move me one bit.

Am still waiting for answer to my question or perhaps you can't find any? smiley
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by uzzyphilip(m): 9:24am On Jul 05, 2015
mr man we dont worship rather we honor her, she is most gifted woman on earth, for bearing the son of God through the power of the holy spirit, we Catholics ask Mary for her devine intercession to her son Jesus through our prayers, Did u remember the first miracle of christ Jesus when mother Mary interceded for just wedded couple by which Jesus turns water into wine? remember in the scripture when Angel Gabriel visits mother Mary by saying"Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee, blessed are you among women and blessed the fruit of your womb Jesus" Mother Mary was filled with Joy as she says whom am i to be favoured by God from henceforth the world shall call me blessed because my soul magnify the lord thats what we call the Magnificant of Mother Mary, so brother the word of God is much bigger and wider than your small brain understanding, before reading a passage of bible ask for guidance of the holy spirit don't read with sentiments. Be blessed.

4 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by cjfavour(m): 9:24am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
What is grace, and what grace is bigger than giving birth to God?

Giving birth to God? Pls stop. My God is uncreated creator. No woman gave birth to him. He is almighty. His name is Jehovah. That's his name not Jesus.art gave birth to Jesus not Jehovah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman's 38 Prophecies For 2021 / Man Caught Drinking Holy Communion Wine After Stealing It From Church In Lagos / Christians Sold American Church To Muslims, Rejected Club Owners' Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.