Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63333 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Pavore9: 9:27am On Jul 05, 2015
jamp:

You are right brother. All these arguments will not make a catholic to leave catholic or a protestant to become a catholic. Bros how far with my biogas. I need that stuff.

ln order not to derail the thread, PM me for the biogas issue.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2015
Heretic are doom
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 05, 2015
SirBlack999:
Yea,and some tribes lie flat as a RESPECT to the elder(s)

Yh i know that a big issue be ause it a sin to bow to any man
But tradition tells use to greet elders that way .. But God didnt undecided
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Pchinak: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2015
Syncan:

Oh really?

If Abraham can hear us, (see the rich man and Lazarus) Lk 16:19-31....So Mary can hear.

Prayer. The communication with God is more a spiritual than physical thing, for God is a spirit. If you don't need her help,I have no problem with that, but don't condemn me for asking a righteous person to pray for me because "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective". James 5:16

Jesus is the mediator, I agree, Yet it does not nullify (1Tim 2:1) "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men". St. Paul calls us to intercession, yet we know that Christ continues to intercede, since (Heb 7:24-25) says: "But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them". St Paul knows this eternal Intercessory role of Christ, yet he exhorts the faithful to "Intercessions for all men" without fear of contradiction, it therefore means that we can participate in these aspect of Christ's ministry according to the level of "bonding" between us and Jesus without anyone feeling that recognition is taking away from Christ.

The early church knew this and practiced it, As a matter of fact, the earliest manuscript containing that prayer you quoted is P470 (Pappyrus leaf number 470) dating as far back as 250AD.

On point.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2015
[quote author=orlard3 post=35501071][/quote]

I dont kneel to greet
They know u dont have to do that to show respect n beside my parents are educated its ignorance that makes ppl do it
Who do u fear God or ur parents
We are meant to respect n honour parents not fear them ...
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2015
Get lost since you are not a Christain
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Mekzmoney(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2015
Dis is blasphemy.. All of u are in trouble... Baba God must hear dis. grin
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2015
Common sense pls
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by sexyaliyah: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2015
H

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2015
khachee:

There is a difference between reading and studying, go back and study that passage. Jesus didnt rebuke the woman.

And by the way honour is different from worship, catholics honour her

#my 2 cent

Catholics bow down to moulded images of Mary...

Wetin else u wan hear
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by cjfavour(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
What is grace, and what grace is bigger than giving birth to God?

stop dt.who gave birth to God? Mary gave birth to Jesus not God whose name is Jehovah. Jehovah God is an uncreated creator so no one gave birth to him. No what you're saying pls. look at how Moslems are laughing at u. haba!!!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexander001(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
The reason I used that bible quote was to bring to your attention, the fact that my comment was talking physical death.

Mary being alive in the spirit is no guarantee that he can hear us or help us.

And I personally don't need her help if at all he she hears.

Do you know why?

It is because Hebrews 4:16 encourages me to approach the throne of grace confidently. "Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need".

There is also no scriptural evidence that Mary intercedes for mankind.

1 Timothy 2:5 says For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

And The Man Jesus Christ said "You can ask for any thing in my name, and I will do it

So we really don't need Mary's services, ie if at all she has any to offer.
why are you this bitter about Catholic? with your knowledge of the bible which I commend and admire you bt don't use it for the wrong reason( just for argument). you have a lot problem to fix in your church. and what do you intend to achieve? remember you will surely take responsibility for any word against God here.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Seamareggae(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2015
God bless you syncan for your beautiful analysis...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Tallesty1(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Alexander001:
why are you this bitter about Catholic? with your knowledge of the bible which I commend and admire you bt don't use it for the wrong reason( just for argument). you have a lot problem to fix in your church. and what do you intend to achieve? remember you will surely take responsibility for any word against God here.
Bitter?

Well, truth has always been bitter and 4 ur info, I just came back from 6am mass.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Seamareggae:
God bless you syncan for your beautiful analysis...

Thanks bro, God bless you too. My faith is my pride.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by seanx4realak4(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Luke 1:47-50.Mary responded,
“Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. 47     How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! 48 For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,     and from now on all generations will call me blessed. 49 For the Mighty One is holy,     and he has done great things for me. 50 He shows mercy from generation to generation     to all who fear him.

6 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Seamareggae(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2015
Alexander001:
I love this comment... People criticising unnecessary... Instead of focusing on the positive side...
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2015
Kalatium:
This has always been the case.This was one of the reason Protestant broke out from Catholics. Mary should not even be honoured because Jesus never gave that authority.
But God himself made her the queen of the apostles
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by guyX(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2015
Ask the devil. Our Mother Mary crushed his head.
In Genesis 3: 15 " I will make you and the woman hate each other; her offspring and yours will always be enemies. Her offspring will crush your head, and you will bite her offspring's heel. "

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by seanx4realak4(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2015
41 At the sound of Mary’s greeting, Elizabeth’s child leaped within her, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

42 Elizabeth gave a glad cry and exclaimed to Mary, “God has blessed you above all women, and your child is blessed. 43 Why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should visit me?

7 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Justiyke4u: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2015
SalC:
That you refer to it as a stupid question doesn't automatically make it so.

Can you show us any other child of Mary?
I don't argue religion but do you read your bible?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2015
I have writen the truth
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by chineloSA(f): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:
Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 [b][/b]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We can see in the scripture above that Christ didnt give support to the slightest worship of his mother yet people wont hear.

If we worship her, what's your business.

Are you the Chief editor/ interpreter of the bible?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nweike1: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2015
A question I have for catholics is this: If you don't honour Mary, does that mean you won't make heaven or Jesus Christ will not answer your prayers?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by eyenibibio(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2015
Mariojane:
is it not the same bible that tells us a story about wedding in Cana when the wine was finishing and Mary came to beg Jesus and he said 'mother you know my time has not come but because you are my mother I will do it. What will you say about that? Cos the only thing you people do these days is to condemn churches and abandon your faith. Why don't you let all of us meet on the judgement day and leave judgment for God
Had to check my bible for the place Jesus told his mother he was doing it for her according to what you said, and behold av not found it. Which bible are you using? John 2:1-11 narrates the story.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Empredboy(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:
Catholics worship a certain Mary not the Mary of the bible of course because if she were here she will rebuke them totally.

When i was a catholic, a priest tried explaining that passage to mean some kind of special blessing accrued to Mary. And He said something like "blessed are those who hear the word and keep it LIKE MARY"
I almost believed Him but i knew something was wrong with his interpretation. Jesus didn't say LIKE MARY. Where did he get that from? i thought! And how Jesus swiftly responded to the woman's words, bothered me,but all these things did not deter me from continuing with catholicism until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.
my frend, by leaving d catholic church to another has it changed anything frm u? I mean fortune, joy,happiness,peace of mind? What i want u to know is that u should respect the opinion of people. There are tradition in every aspect of life be it ur vocation, family, communities and religion. So if catholic state her tradition dont u think the church has nothing to hide has jesus said 'he did not come to change d law(tradition) but to fufil if righteousness' same with moses telling d isearlite to follow the tradition. So if catholic has tradition what is ur new church tradition? Since bible said only the miracle of christ if written down, d world wont be able to carry it. How much more some important event which would have been useful for how salvation. Thats why the bible said ask ur elders to tell things of the past bcoe the bible itself new this type of argument will happen in future.

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
Is not a is just that their some words even in your language that you can't get the transilation all that right
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2015
Is Jesus no Longer God?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by seanx4realak4(m): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2015
if d bone of dead Elisha can heal d dead, I do not no y d mother of all mothers can't b honour. d woman dat is favored among all women, d mother of our Lord Jesus Christ. y do people say, d God of Elijah send down fire? bro, der is nothing wrong to honour Mary.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by guyX(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2015
Syncan:

So you doubt Jesus?

Jesus said: "Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die" Jn 11:26. He even used Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as examples thus: "I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living" Matt. 22:32. Please try to believe Jesus, Mary is living just as these Patriarchs.

Here is a catholic who quotes the bible. In case they say we don't quote the bible.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2015
guyX:

Here is a catholic who quotes the bible. In case they say we don't quote the bible.

It is our property bro, we decided what to put and what not to put. And for those we didn't put, we decide what to take and what not to take. No one can tell the Catholic Church what the bible says, we spread Christianity for years without a collective book, for the "Pillar and ground of truth" is the Church 1Tim.3:15.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by leofab(f): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
Stop wondering you heretic dullard, Mary is the MOTHER OF Jesuse Daughter of God the Father and Spoues of Holy spirit so she divinely connected and all grace we receive from God pass through her hand that is why she is full of Grace.
You Mean Mary is the wife of God? Because she conceived for HIM? What are you saying? Are you saying God commited Adultery by sleeping with Joseph's wife? ( Rememeber the era of the giants; when angels come from heaven to sleep with women and conceive tall giants)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) / Imam Suleiman Njoku & His Reverend Sister, Celebrate Christmas Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.