Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? (1099 Views)

In A Relationship,who Should Love More-guys Or Girls? / Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by brytandre(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
I'm an Urhobo guy and in as much as I'd love to marry from any tribe, Men from my tribe are faced with stiff opposition when it comes to marrying from outside. Parents, uncles, Aunties and extended family at large make a meal out of it, but they let the ladies go without much resistance

Please share your experience/ friend's experience............thanks
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by 48noble(m): 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
It's both ways.
With reasonable reasons...some tribes like marrying more than one wife as a tradition others detest it.
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Oshare Mavo?

I think it's the women that will feel the heat more because most ladies like being around someone from their family and when the man takes her far away it becomes uncomfortable. The man can easily adapt to any adjustment...

1 Like

Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by eph12(m): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Depends on the family
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by brytandre(m): 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:
Girls

Girls?.... My two elder sisters are married to Yoruba and Isoko......my elder brother brought a yoruba girl, and he had to call off the engagement 'cos of family wahala

Unless u av an experience to share?

1 Like

Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
They both feel the heat cuz oppositions might arise buh when they are both strong, the families will accept them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by brytandre(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:
Oshare Mavo?

I think it's the women that will feel the heat more because most ladies like being around someone from their family and when the man takes her far away it becomes uncomfortable. The man can easily adapt to any adjustment...

o yoma.. Ma ga re? Lol
I'm talking in terms of family pressure......asin when u bring ur boyfriend/girlfriend home for approval
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by sinaj(f): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
hmm thread mt for me lipsrsealed
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Bishop4bella(m): 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
The guy will feel the heat only if he's a type that is not accommodating.
Ladies tend to welcome their relation in their home any time any day but once the guy is friendly, he will enjoy it.
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by CHM11: 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
I wouldn't want to marry my tribe though... It will be boring to me (I love it when kids say things like 'dad is from Delta but mom is akwaibom'

1 Like

Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
brytandre:

o yoma.. Ma ga re? Lol
I'm talking in terms of family pressure......asin when u bring ur boyfriend/girlfriend home for approval

Na the man o... Chai

1 Like

Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Toktee(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
cheekilicious:
They both feel the heat cuz oppositions might arise buh when they are both strong, the families will accept them...
what opposition,any guy that give you that superstory of "my mother or father"is against our marriage plans cos of tribal differences is a liar and only want to used and dump you.
are they the one getting married or me;is my wife going to live with me or them(parents)?
we are in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by kelechi50: 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
I'm not a party to marrying outside one's bribe my younger one is into it which I personal told him to count me out of it.

1 Like

Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
brytandre:

Girls?.... My two elder sisters are married to Yoruba and Isoko......my elder brother brought a yoruba girl, and he had to call off the engagement 'cos of family wahala

Unless u av an experience to share?
I don't... I guess yours will supercede then..
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Toktee:
what opposition,any guy that give you that superstory of "my mother or father"is against our marriage plans cos of tribal differences is a liar and only want to used and dump you.
are they the one getting married or me;is my wife going to live with me or them(parents)?
we are in the 21st century.
we may be in the 21st century buh some family values don't change.
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Mostwanted7: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
Iono
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
There is nothing better than to marry from your tribe.

1 Like

Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by brytandre(m): 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
kelechi50:
I'm not a party to marrying outside one's bribe my younger one is into it which I personal told him to count me out of it.

U must ur reasons. Merit/demerits....can u share a few?
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by brytandre(m): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
cheekilicious:
we may be in the 21st century buh some family values don't change.

On point there. Cos my elder brother and myself have been seriously briefed!
Re: Marrying From Outside Your Tribe: Who Feels The Heat More? Guys Or Girls? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
fecking hell! We are in the 21st century. Things like this is why there's so much trouble in this country and no development.

(1) (Reply)

A Romantic Encounter: Advice Needed!!! / One Of The Exciting Moment Of Our Childhood..(pix) / Can You Say Amen To This Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.