Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? (5847 Views)

Calabar Gay Rights Activist Says He Will Feel Fulfilled If He Sucks God’s Dick / Which Do You Support? Visiting A Brothel Or Using Hands At Home / Girls do you support This (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Onyi42(m): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2015
Now that the US has demonstrated its commitment
to equality before the law, by ensuring same-sex
couples can now marry in all 50 states of the
confederate following its historic Supreme
Court’s ruling which gave marriage equality as a
constitutional right throughout the country one
will wonder if this trend will find its way to
Nigeria.

In Nigeria, Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and
transgender (LGBT) persons are still facing legal
and social challenges only peculiar to their
community. Here, same-sex sexual activity is not
only illegal, it is a punishable offence.

According to the stipulations of Same-Sex
Marriage Prohibition Act in Nigeria, offenders
are to face 14 years’ imprisonment , and the
punishment isdeath by stoning in the twelve
northern states that have adopted Sharia law
, which applies to all Muslims and to those who
have voluntarily consented to application of the
Sharia courts in the region.

Nigeria has been criticized severely by civil rights
organizations, as well as the United Nations, for
failing to uphold, and violating, the rights of LGBT
people but this has not changed the cultural
disposition of its people to the topic.

However, the golden question is, can you ever
imagine same-sex becoming a way of life that
Nigerians will one day come to terms with?

Some Nigerians view on the topic..

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 29, 2015
I will support human right.
Gay rights fall under that category.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by 48noble(m): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2015
Never
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by rawpadgin(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2015
are u serious
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by jrerico1(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2015
How can I walk at night safe?? Please I don't want it I can't wear Pampers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Onyi42(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2015
me supporting a fellow man banging a fellow man?...let me die

2 Likes

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by publicenemy(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2015
Yes o grin grin grin
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by donholy28(m): 8:25am On Jun 29, 2015
imaging d scene is disgusting enough...never..Nigeria can never be Sodom
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 29, 2015
the world is definitely coming to an end...
signs of endtimes
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Mhizizzy(f): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2015
Never

A lot of homes wud break

Guys wud just wake up one day and be
like ''Maybe m meant to be gay'
And leave deir marriage and make d wives and children suffer for it

Never
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by realtestament(m): 8:27am On Jun 29, 2015
Me gay?? God4bid...I rather cut ma d*ck and chew it..

#tufiakwa
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by IamLEGEND1: 8:28am On Jun 29, 2015
Faggõts
FAGGÖTS EVERYWHERE!!!!
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Captainswag225(m): 8:34am On Jun 29, 2015
why arent the west forcing the middle eastern countries like saudi arabia, iran, qatar to accept gay rights? It wont happen in nigeria, not today not ever.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by temitemi1(m): 8:36am On Jun 29, 2015
To HELL with gays n their 'right'
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by rawtouch: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2015
No
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2015
YESSSSS!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 8:50am On Jun 29, 2015
If u belive in freedom to do whatever pleases you. You will let people make their own decisions as long as it does not affect u. Let people live thier lives. I can't and will never be gay. But if being gay makes another man or woman happy then I support their happiness on that level

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by missKiffy(f): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2015
I won't
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by myboy2010(m): 8:57am On Jun 29, 2015
he no go beta for anybody wey sign gay rights 4 Nigeria....nd lest I forgot those wet dey sleep with dog and elephant go soon dey claim right 4 america
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Joromi1: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2015
Gay people are cursed. To hell with human right
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by naijaboiy: 9:22am On Jun 29, 2015
NO!
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by MicroBox: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2015
The sex scene will always be smelly.....Ass drilling
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Gurgle(f): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2015
People should be free to live however they want.

Gay people are being scapegoated a lot, especially when the government wants to distract you from what is really holding the country back, like corruption, education standards and so on

why don't people take the same harsh view on these things as homosexuality?

in fact everybody has sinned sexually, whether in mind or body. so they have no right to dictate what somebody does with their own

if its to do with gay marriage then there is actually a debate because that concerns scriptural teachings and law. what the religion actually says about how to consider gay relationships

but for gay people to have the right to live and exist freely in their own country? Absolutely.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by itsMrIke(m): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2015
jrerico1:
How can I walk at night safe?? Please I don't want it I can't wear Pampers.

So now that you are straight, do girls not walk around at night?? Moronic people everywia!!

4 Likes

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by itsMrIke(m): 11:46am On Jun 29, 2015
Mhizizzy:
Never
A lot of homes wud break
Guys wud just wake up one day and be like ''Maybe m meant to be gay' And leave deir marriage and make d wives and children suffer for it
Never
Hahahahahahahahahahaha...are you really this ill-informed? Okay, move along

4 Likes

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
Buhari support it, SO ME TOO
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
I will support same sex marriage whole heartedly as long as its between two consenting adults. The fact that you're straight doesn't make you more human than them.

7 Likes

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
itsMrIke:

So now that you are straight, do girls not walk around at night?? Moronic people everywia!!

I wonder o.
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by sweetgala(m): 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yes for freedom of association and self determination but an absolute no to LGBT marriage or a right to adoption.

The 14 year prison sentence has not detered underground homosexual behaviour.
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
WTF am i doing here? undecided
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
Never!
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by oginga: 1:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
NO NO AND NO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WOW: What Do You Think About Girls With Huge Black Ni’ppies? (see Photos) / If You Can Interprete This Very Interesting Photo Story Then You Are A Genius / Is This Not Aifrforce1 In This Viral Photo? This Guy Don Popular Last Last.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.