Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” (20537 Views)

Adedotun Niyi Adebayo And Morenikeji's Wedding Photos / Richard Niyi Adebayo And Reni Young Traditional Wedding Photos / Buhari Calls Niyi Adebayo On Phone From London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by chinchum(m): 6:42am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
Lol ..... you just chicken out. Never allow Tinubu exaggeration to blind your Political Intelligence next time ..... Endeavour to think outside the box on your own.
"A ki wo inu omi Ka tun ma pariwo otutu" loro Tinubu-Saraki ........
It is not fair because some folks has supremacy over the Media to tarnish Saraki image .... It is not as if I have painted Bukola as good or bad ..... I only said , HE HAS DONE NOTHING UNCONSTITUTIONAL and Unethical.

simply because Saraki didn't allow Tinubu to win him doesn't make Saraki a bad man.

I am only here to voice my opinion but whenever you are airing your Opinion regarding someone on Nairaland you are believed to have been paid to do so.

Yes. anything anti Saraki against Tinubu on Nairaland irked me.

yeye ni e jor.
He did something unethical. Common !

You dont anchor your base as SP with Bloc PDP votes and units of some renegades APC senators . SO SO Unethical.

Are you aware, even in tambuwals case, he was still PDP house of reps member MAJORITY preferred candidate ?. It ended 254 -90(mulikat).

Are you aware , even if ACN had supported mulikat in 2011, she would still have loss ?

Saraki used PDP members against his own party on the floor of the senate with a few APC senators less than 8, and you say his action is unethical? He has even appointed a PDP senator from Kebbi as his chief of staff ?

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
Yes, we do understand what you are saying . infact, we call him Governor-General and Fatai Deputy Governor.

Tinubu also decide who get what in Lagos ..... no Politician is a saint ....

But in the drama playing out in Federal Government, Saraki has done nothing wrong.

Am not blaming him for becoming Senate president but He should have made lawal Senate leader, at least respect d party wish for once
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2015
yemaldo:

Am not blaming him for becoming Senate president but He should have made lawal Senate leader, at least respect d party wish for once
^And who are you to tell Saraki what to do?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 30, 2015
yemaldo:

^And who are you to tell Saraki what to do?

Did you have a prior agreement with him?
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by MalcoImX: 7:54am On Jun 30, 2015
Businessideas:
Broken (Societe Generale?)banks, broken dreams, and broken lives, he’s a fitting heir to a dubious pedigree.”

That 'banks' should be in singular if it's only one bank except there are other Saraki-owned bank(s) that 'kaput' apart from Societe Generale undecided
I may be wrong though
That line is poetic. It is figurative. Take the "s" out of the "banks" and you'll be left with restricted images.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by tonychristopher: 7:54am On Jun 30, 2015
people rant and whine but they forget one thing...destiny

Yoruba are good in playing opposition politics and I think they should concentrate there

leave saraki the Fulani man alone
leave ekweremadu the igbo smart Alec alone
leave osibanjo the commissioner alone
leave dogara the Hausa rep head alone
leave the niger Delta anticipated sec to fed alone

be content with opposition.... you dude lost and lost well

7 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

Yoruba are good in playing opposition politics and I think they should concentrate there

The things that APC changed have remained the same.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by tonychristopher: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2015
IlekeHD:
I have yo agree. It was pitiful.

Just because APC didn't get what it wanted. I'm disappointed because I thought things would change, but the defamation of Saraki is enough to make me decamp to KOWA

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by tonychristopher: 7:57am On Jun 30, 2015
imhotep:
The things that APC changed have remained the same.
how ...
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

how ...
I mean the so-called 'change' campaign never departed from the old issues of tribalism, corruption, terrorism, betrayal, small-mindedness, . .

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by tonychristopher: 8:09am On Jun 30, 2015
imhotep:

I mean the so-called 'change' campaign never departed from the old issues of tribalism, corruption, terrorism, betrayal, small-mindedness, . .

I wasn't deceived by their change mantra to be honest

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 8:34am On Jun 30, 2015
yemaldo:

The tradition in the NASS when selecting Majority leader is to allow the caucus that such office has been zoned to produce their consensus candidate .. The best thing the party would have done is to zone such position to a region and not to I undertake to impose a particular person on the house.

The NASS doesn't want imposition .... these distinguished and honourable members of the National Assembly doesn't want Imposition of candidate and ACN/APC set the precedence in 2011 why they are doing the same thing in 2015 is what is questionable

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by MalcoImX: 8:49am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
It wasn't the party that called the meeting kindly get your fact right sir, it was Mr President that called the meeting not the Party unfortunately the President himself is not there in the meeting

What we should ask ourself is what role does the Constitution place on the party on the election of NASS principal officers

If ACN could fought PDP in 2011 because of imposition of Mulikat Adeola's Akande (a Yoruba woman) to support the choice of the Opposition in the name of Tambuwal (who later emerged) . Why is the same ACN faction in APC imposing candidate on the NASS Why is APC doing the same thing they fought PDP against in 2011

Saraki is not over ambitious to me but when Tinubu started calling all shot in the choice of strategic positions in APC and Governance ..... I don't think other APC leaders would be comfortable.

We should phase out GODFATHERISM in our Politics and yes including Saraki as a Godfather in Kwara state.
The situations are different, Sir. What irks everybody now is that Saraki is not seen to be cooperating with those we thought could better our country. It was so painful that he's willing to give part of his inheritance to anybody in order just to achieve his aim. Dogara did exactly what Sataki did, but his is not so painful and can be easily forgiven since the affair stayed within the party.
As for Tinubu, nobody can deny that without him the needed ouster of the worst set of crooks would happen. I am a 100% supporter of Buhari but you'll have to give it to Tinubu; without him Buhari will never be president, as Buhari himself said - that it is to God and Tinubu that he owe his success. So, it will be foolhardy to say that such people should not have a say in what goes in the governance of this administration.
Everybody sacrificed to get to this point. Is Saraki better than Tinubu, in terms of what is given to the APC and the change. Tinubu too wants positions of influence and mobility like Saraki. But sometimes you have to deny yourself for the good of all. Did Tinubu not sacrificed his VP ambition when he saw it would rock the boat? Should he insist, as Saraki did, just because it is his right?
My friend Saraki is in for it, and he'll never know peace as long as Tinubu, Buhari, APC and their followers are dissatisfied with what he did; he'll never be forgiven as long as this group has loyal supporters. Saraki is plain overambitious, and we'll see how he'll control that house with nearly half the legislators believing in the course of Buhari, Tinubu and APC.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by pat077: 8:56am On Jun 30, 2015
Apc shld stop Reading the book of lamentation. When they were wellcoming pdp decampee wit open arms there were smiling but now that they have been outsmart they shld accept thier fate and stop all these lamentation.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by eagleeye2: 9:07am On Jun 30, 2015
South West Yorubas vs North Central Yoruba . Kontinu
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 10:40am On Jun 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
The situations are different, Sir. What irks everybody now is that Saraki is not seen to be cooperating with those we thought could better our country. It was so painful that he's willing to give part of his inheritance to anybody in order just to achieve his aim. Dogara did exactly what Sataki did, but his is not so painful and can be easily forgiven since the affair stayed within the party.
As for Tinubu, nobody can deny that without him the needed ouster of the worst set of crooks would not happen. I am a 100% supporter of Buhari but you'll have to give it to Tinubu; without him Buhari will never be president, as Buhari himself said - that it is to God and Tinubu that he owe his success. So, it will be foolhardy to say that such people should not have a say in what goes in the governance of this administration.
Everybody sacrificed to get to this point. Is Saraki better than Tinubu, in terms of what is given to the APC and the change. Tinubu too wants positions of influence and mobility like Saraki. But sometimes you have to deny yourself for the good of all. Did Tinubu not sacrificed his VP ambition when he saw it would rock the boat? Should he insist, as Saraki did, just because it is his right?
My friend Saraki is in for it, and he'll never know peace as long as Tinubu, Buhari, APC and their followers are dissatisfied with what he did; he'll never be forgiven as long as this group has loyal supporters. Saraki is plain overambitious, and we'll see how he'll control that house with nearly half the legislators believing in the course of Buhari, Tinubu and APC.
Who told you Tinubu and Buhari share the same course ?

If Tinubu share the course as Buhari , he would have played neutral and never interfere in the election of Independent Institution NASS the same way Buhari did.

Tinubu is the over ambitious man here :

Tinubu singlehandedly brought Ayegun , the National Chairman of APC
Tinubu singlehandedly brought Osinbajo, the vice President elect
Tinubu singlehandedly backed Gbajabiamala
Tinubu in Lawan/Akume

Haba , in a party of many leaders where Opposition parties merged.

Tinubu over ambitious is the cause of APC problem ...... He planted Oyegun as Chairman so nobody does anything in the party without Tinubu ... with Osinbajo Tinubu know what is happening in Presidency ..... With Akume/Gbajabiamala Tinubu knows the nitty gritty of NASS ......

Is that not over ambitious

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by MalcoImX: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
Who told you Tinubu and Buhari share the same course ?

If Tinubu share the course as Buhari , he would have played neutral and never interfere in the election of Independent Institution NASS the same way Buhari did.

Tinubu is the over ambitious man here :

Tinubu singlehandedly brought Ayegun , the National Chairman of APC
Tinubu singlehandedly brought Osinbajo, the vice President elect
Tinubu singlehandedly backed Gbajabiamala
Tinubu in Lawan/Akume

Haba , in a party of many leaders where Opposition parties merged.

Tinubu over ambitious is the cause of APC problem ...... He planted Oyegun as Chairman so nobody does anything in the party without Tinubu ... with Osinbajo Tinubu know what is happening in Presidency ..... With Akume/Gbajabiamala Tinubu knows the nitty gritty of NASS ......

Is that not over ambitious
And Saraki's whole ambition to be is to whittle down Tinubu 'over-ambition', in a party Tinubu has contributed more than him? Is that good enough? What you failed to understand is, a lot of us like Saraki but we're not in support of the way he schemed to become SP.
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by kulikuli26: 11:02am On Jun 30, 2015
HungerBAD:
Just hit LIKE if you are tired of Saraki's story everyday.

it's annoying that these people won't just let the president focus on what he has to do. We need to move on from this crap abeg.
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Bollove: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2015
MalcoImX:
And Saraki's whole ambition to be is to whittle down Tinubu 'over-ambition', in a party Tinubu has contributed more than him? Is that good enough? What you failed to understand is, a lot of us like Saraki but we're not in support of the way he schemed to become SP.
No , Tinubu started this madness because Tinubu doesn't want the nPDP to clinch any relevant position in Buhari's Administration ..... He wanted to corner them all but as God would have it :

The hunter get hunted and may continue to get hunted

They all fought on the field for the victory of APC and fortunately APC was victorious but for Tinubu to desire to cart all relevant positions was jus unacceptable to these folks.

We Yorubas both in SW and NC has never played this kinda National Politics before until Tinubu ......

Tinubu caused Yoruba the number 3 position in GEJ's administration and Tinubu factor made Gbajabiamala to lose out because if not for Tinubu factor , Dogara would never have defeated Gbajabiamala.

Gbajabiamila is more popular than Dogara but the house think of imposition and voted him out by mere 8votes.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Firefire(m): 11:10am On Jun 30, 2015
Life na turn by turn... grin

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by LILYUCHMAN: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2015
this Saraki issue should just be allolowed to rest.... My humble opinion

1 Like

Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by arsenalqueen(f): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2015
Y are u people crying over Sarakis emergence as the senate president? Is he no more a member 4 ur party? U shudnt av allowed him into ur party in d 1st place if u knw he is corrupt, so shut up shocked
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by emerged01(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2015
Businessideas:
Broken (Societe Generale?)banks, broken dreams, and broken lives, he’s a fitting heir to a dubious pedigree.”

That 'banks' should be in singular if it's only one bank except there are other Saraki-owned bank(s) that 'kaput' apart from Societe Generale undecided
I may be wrong though

Intercontinental nko? him dey part of the people wey make the bank liquidate.
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Ceeflo(m): 11:16am On Jun 30, 2015
Baba should face his poetry. He should take a cue from the Late Chinua Achebe who never got involved in politics.
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 30, 2015
Saraki has done nothing wrong
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by writetopoker: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2015
foolish and poor Prof. writing rubbish
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by nerodenero: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2015
Osundare described Nigerian politicians as unscrupulous individuals who smell like corpses. He said it would be difficult to expect loyalty from such people when they were always defecting
This does it for me.
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by 9jatatafo(m): 11:25am On Jun 30, 2015
Is there any politician in Nigeria that is not selfish?
Re: Prof. Niyi Osundare: “Blues For The New Senate King” by bettermike: 11:27am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
Unfortunately, you can't decide whether am a Yoruba or not ....If sounding daft is your definition of sounding Yoruba then am not a daft Yooba.

Yoruba are known for wisdom since time and we have never played daft Politics since Awolowo nor Akintola even during MKO and when Obasanjo was resuscitated from Prison by Northern Oligarch .....

Why would Buhari called for a meeting when he already sent official letter to Clerk of NASS to inaugurate NASS by 10am ..... was Buhari himself in that meeting where we have more than 51 APC members and National leaders of APC

If you are truly an Ibadan born ( ibi ole to n jare olohun) , you would know there is no reason for Saraki and Buhari to court . The reason for lack of accountability and transparency in Nigeria is because of cordial relationship between the SP and the President. So, why should SP who lead the house that check President expected to court the same President he is expected to conduct vigilante upon

Tinubu through his boys denied SW the position of Speaker to support Tambuwal now the same Tinubu denied SW number 3 position by imposing Gbajabiamala which the same Tinubu fought against in 2011.

Omo Offa lemi , omo olalomi abisu joko Ijakadi loro toffa, emi lomo laare bure ikan ooogbodo jokan .

I am a Yoruba that found myself in North Central state of Kwara.

This one Na omo Ina o. No Yoruba man will ever spit this poo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed / Troops Kill Boko Haram Terrorists In Kangarwa,Borno State(Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Meets With PDP Governors Over PDP Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.