Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238985 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Femiadeuyi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
@emmy4gold.. I’ll advice that you send at email to the school directly. People on here have a way posting misleading informations. I received an email directly from KU Leuven some days ago saying I don’t have to legalise my documents. I only need to upload a pdf-scan my original diplomas. And they went ahead sharing a link with more detailed information of admission requirements.

I don’t know how it works at Ghent tho, just saying the school is the best guide.
konja44:

No.... No legalisation no admission.. So it must be the original

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 1:44am On Oct 28, 2019
KU Leuven is different from Ugent. Take note..

Femiadeuyi:
@emmy4gold.. I’ll advice that you send at email to the school directly. People on here have a way posting misleading informations. I received an email directly from KU Leuven some days ago saying I don’t have to legalise my documents. I only need to upload a pdf-scan my original diplomas. And they went ahead sharing a link with more detailed information of admission requirements.

I don’t know how it works at Ghent tho, just saying the school is the best guide.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 1:50am On Oct 28, 2019

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Freshprince777: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2019
Goodday all, pls after getting admission what are the things you need to apply for visa? Like how much do I need to have in my account if I am sponsoring myself? But if its a sponsor how much will he have? Do I have to just provide the statement of accounts? Do I have to pay part of the tuition before applying for visa ?

Please do help me with answers to this questions.

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Femiadeuyi(m): 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2019
Okay, well, I guess everyone School has its own specific process and requirements. I was only speaking in reference to KU Leuven application.

konja44:
@femi..look here

https://www.ugent.be/prospect/en/administration/application/application-degree/legalisation.htm
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Pweedydaughter(f): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ku leuven admission is now open officially, and for international student the admission will be close by march. So hurry up with your preparation...

But i want to ask a question o, i want to collect my transcript in school, but my question can i collect the transcript through an office in Lagos or i should allow the school to send my hard copy transcript to belgium, please help me o......
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Gavrelino123: 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
Pweedydaughter:
Ku leuven admission is now open officially, and for international student the admission will be close by march. So hurry up with your preparation...

But i want to ask a question o, i want to collect my transcript in school, but my question can i collect the transcript through an office in Lagos or i should allow the school to send my hard copy transcript to belgium, please help me o......
yes..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Pweedydaughter(f): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2019
Gavrelino123:

yes..

Which of the yes o?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
There are only 2 ways to proof that you have enough money for daily up keep in Belgium.
1. You can make use of the block account offer by your university. Here u are required to transfer 12month X €666 (AY2019-2020) to the university account in your name. The university will issue a block account attestation which u can use for ur visa application.
2. U can make use of Annex 32 or what is called prise en charge. You will néed someone in good financial capacity earning about €2000 monthly to sign this for you

Note no bank account statement is needed or use as proof of finance for Belgian student visa.

I hope this helps. Also try to read from page one of this thread as there are a lot of useful information there.

Have a nice day

Freshprince777:
Goodday all, pls after getting admission what are the things you need to apply for visa? Like how much do I need to have in my account if I am sponsoring myself? But if its a sponsor how much will he have? Do I have to just provide the statement of accounts? Do I have to pay part of the tuition before applying for visa ?

Please do help me with answers to this questions.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by emmy4Gold: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2019
@ pweedydaughter it depends on what the school you are applying to request for. If they need official transcript directly from the school then you have to do as requested. Mind you, for visa process you will need to have your transcript so that you can legalize it at MOE, MOFA & @ Belgium Embassy. So my take is that if your intended school did not make it compulsory to send directly from your previous school then it is better to send it to an office/organization in Lagos, so you can get it from them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2019
Legalized Transcripts are not needed for visa application

emmy4Gold:
@ pweedydaughter it depends on what the school you are applying to request for. If they need official transcript directly from the school then you have to do as requested. Mind you, for visa process you will need to have your transcript so that you can legalize it at MOE, MOFA & @ Belgium Embassy. So my take is that if your intended school did not make it compulsory to send directly from your previous school then it is better to send it to an office/organization in Lagos, so you can get it from them.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Pweedydaughter(f): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
emmy4Gold:

Thanks so much .... This will really help
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Pweedydaughter(f): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
konja44:

Huh? Confuse o
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
Only legalized copy of you certificate is required

Pweedydaughter:

Huh? Confuse o
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by emmy4Gold: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
konja44:

please guru's in the house, is the above statement true that " transcript are not needed for visa application"
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by emmy4Gold: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
I would also like to know if the original legalized degree certificate is what we are to submit for visa application. Are they going to return it to us at the end of the application.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Freshprince777: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
konja44:
There are only 2 ways to proof that you have enough money for daily up keep in Belgium.
1. You can make use of the block account offer by your university. Here u are required to transfer 12month X €666 (AY2019-2020) to the university account in your name. The university will issue a block account attestation which u can use for ur visa application.
2. U can make use of Annex 32 or what is called prise en charge. You will néed someone in good financial capacity earning about €2000 monthly to sign this for you

Note no bank account statement is needed or use as proof of finance for Belgian student visa.

I hope this helps. Also try to read from page one of this thread as there are a lot of useful information there.

Have a nice day

Thanks a lot. Do I have to pay just the living expenses and does it cover for the tuition too? Pls what about having a sponsor in Nigeria that has up to 25m.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Femiadeuyi(m): 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
Freshprince777:

Thanks a lot. Do I have to pay just the living expenses and does it cover for the tuition too? Pls what about having a sponsor in Nigeria that has up to 25m.

It’s not about your sponsor having 25m or 100m in his account but rather the consistent/stable/regular inflow of money into the account.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:15am On Nov 04, 2019
konja44:

No it won't be accepted. Only the original legalized documents will be accepted.

If you are applying to Gent University.. have in mind that you will legalise your document twice...

You legalise your original for Visa application and
You legalise the photocopy of your original certificates, these photocopies are the one you will send to the school.

N:B you wil be requested to send hard copies of your credentials... that’s when they need your legalised document.. more so, legalise only official document and the document you intend they( UGENT) use to judge your admission application..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:21am On Nov 04, 2019
emmy4Gold:
please guru's in the house, is the above statement true that " transcript are not needed for visa application"

All official documents are to be legalised...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:25am On Nov 04, 2019
emmy4Gold:
I would also like to know if the original legalized degree certificate is what we are to submit for visa application. Are they going to return it to us at the end of the application.

All your original documents will be returned, that’s the essence of the photocopy and legalisation... your photocopied legalised document stands as original.. you just have to present both the original and the photocopy..

Then the original will be returned to you..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:50am On Nov 04, 2019
Dear All,

For those who have gotten admission Congratulations and those who hasn’t, don’t feel bad it’s a process it will come in time.. but always try to contact the school, call them or mail them. But they prefer call, because they will give answers to your questions immediately. Mails take time.

For those applying for visa...
Visa application isn’t so hard.. the right document Certainly results in visa... just be consistent in your response... if you have given A answers before maintain that A as answers all through the processing because two different answers shows inconsistencies and gives doubt on your purpose of travel...

For sponsorship...
Always check the latest requirements before you submission for Visa.. Sometimes they change the requirements during current academic year and it affects students because they only considered requirements for previous year.. I was in that shoe n I was refused.. when you want to submit for visa check again the requirements for sponsorship (latest) (2020/2021). If it’s not there... Please wait for it.

For those who will go for interview...
Give same answers to questions...they have almost same questions but different ways of asking them, so understand the question n give same answer just as the one you gave to previously.

N:B
Don’t promise heaven before coming to Belgium.. things might go differently ... if you have loaned money for all processing, give a year or two pay back plan. Don’t expect immediate earnings.. no be beans...

When you are certain of your arrival.. please start contacting your friends or family in the city where you will school n ask help for accommodation... it is very important... without accommodation you virtually cannot do anything... I MEAN NOTHING.. to get your resident permit... bank....insurance.. YOU NEED ACCOMMODATION.. n no be beans... don’t bother contacting the school for that(NOT IN ALL CASES THOUGH, YOU CAN TRY) but priority is given to scholarship students and Erasmus students first... before consideration to others and it is rare.

Kind regards,

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by emmy4Gold: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2019
fikki1:

All your original documents will be returned, that’s the essence of the photocopy and legalisation... your photocopied legalised document stands as original.. you just have to present both the original and the photocopy..

Then the original will be returned to you..
Thank you so much @ fikki1 & femiadeuyi for your immense contribution to us. May God Almighty grant all that your desires
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Femiadeuyi(m): 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
Good day,

Pls I still need clarification as touching the visa legalisation of document for visa application. I’m not sure yet, are we really going to submit original certificates for legalisation at the Belgium Embassy? I don’t just feel comfortable with the idea of having 3 different stamps(MOE, MOFA) or whatever it’s on my original certificate. Can you pls explain how you did yours?

Tnx

fikki1:
Dear All,

For those who have gotten admission Congratulations and those who hasn’t, don’t feel bad it’s a process it will come in time.. but always try to contact the school, call them or mail them. But they prefer call, because they will give answers to your questions immediately. Mails take time.

For those applying for visa...
Visa application isn’t so hard.. the right document Certainly results in visa... just be consistent in your response... if you have given A answers before maintain that A as answers all through the processing because two different answers shows inconsistencies and gives doubt on your purpose of travel...

For sponsorship...
Always check the latest requirements before you submission for Visa.. Sometimes they change the requirements during current academic year and it affects students because they only considered requirements for previous year.. I was in that shoe n I was refused.. when you want to submit for visa check again the requirements for sponsorship (latest) (2020/2021). If it’s not there... Please wait for it.

For those who will go for interview...
Give same answers to questions...they have almost same questions but different ways of asking them, so understand the question n give same answer just as the one you gave to previously.

N:B
Don’t promise heaven before coming to Belgium.. things might go differently ... if you have loaned money for all processing, give a year or two pay back plan. Don’t expect immediate earnings.. no be beans...

When you are certain of your arrival.. please start contacting your friends or family in the city where you will school n ask help for accommodation... it is very important... without accommodation you virtually cannot do anything... I MEAN NOTHING.. to get your resident permit... bank....insurance.. YOU NEED ACCOMMODATION.. n no be beans... don’t bother contacting the school for that(NOT IN ALL CASES THOUGH, YOU CAN TRY) but priority is given to scholarship students and Erasmus students first... before consideration to others and it is rare.

Kind regards,
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
emmy4Gold:
Thank you so much @ fikki1 & femiadeuyi for your immense contribution to us. May God Almighty grant all that your desires

Amen and you too..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Femiadeuyi:
Good day,

Pls I still need clarification as touching the visa legalisation of document for visa application. I’m not sure yet, are we really going to submit original certificates for legalisation at the Belgium Embassy? I don’t just feel comfortable with the idea of having 3 different stamps(MOE, MOFA) or whatever it’s on my original certificate. Can you pls explain how you did yours?

Tnx

for the Embassy to recognise your doc, it must be legalised.. but if you have enough to legalise the photocopies of your documents, you can do that too, it will be accepted, the embassy request for two copies each of all your document.

to cut cost, we legalised the original and make photocopies of both sides to show legalisation.

hope this helps?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
Make photocopies of the certificates and legalise dem. Don't legalize your originals

Femiadeuyi:
Good day,

Tnx

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Xabibarbie63: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2019
Hi everyone ,can anyone be your sponser ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by emmy4Gold: 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
please guru's in the house. can I legalize police character report and keep it. Legalizing months ahead before visa submission time
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by emmy4Gold: 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
Pls guru's in the house, I need clarification with regard to police character report . can I obtain it now and legalize it now, when I not ready to apply for visa Note 3 month space is usually stated. this is to safe cost of traveling down to Abuja again just for the of police character report
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by omidan21: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2019
Hello all.please can documents be legalized twice.I have an aunty applying wi th her children to go join her hubby. So the application wasn't successfull and they want to rent apply. Since the documents have been legaliz3d before. Must they all be legalized again .cause this is a fresh application that will be restarted .but the documents that were legalized before are the same documents we will be submittin again
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Pweedydaughter(f): 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
This is what I got from Leuven about the legalising of transcript.... Seems is not the school that will send it directly cause I have to legalise it... Please help me check the attach file..

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.