Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (239541 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=fikki1 post=41050444]

Thanks for the rapid response @fikki1..is it the original copies that will be legalised or photocopies
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
Photocopies, but you must present the original at the time of certification and legalization.[quote author=167tunde post=41054341][/quote]
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
Ohh..thanks. And if say am applying to two schools in belgium, apparently i'd be needing 2 hard copies of these legalised documents to send to the schools yea ?..sorries am naive about this pls
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
Yes you will need to separate application package with 2 diff hardcopy of legalized documents
167tunde:
Ohh..thanks. And if say am applying to two schools in belgium, apparently i'd be needing 2 hard copies of these legalised documents to send to the schools yea ?..sorries am naive about this pls
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
Name* is right, different school with different legalisation... Hope this answers your question.... Lets know what next... 2016 is almost here... I believe sept is d start of 2016/2017 session any delay might be harmful... Lets keep d ball rolling, hopefully God will grant us our desire... AMEN... namebdis4 ... I sight you, you are indeed a good man
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
@fikki1 nd @name*..thanx, I applied to ghent alrdy but was asked to send legalised copy of diploma nd transcript..plan on applying to vub before the end of today..we shall all have our success stories insha allah
What bout you guyses ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
I already have my admission letter for U Ghent Master of Science programme. We are going to make it. Let keep the ball rolling and putting everything in the hands of God
167tunde:
@fikki1 nd @name*..thanx, I applied to ghent alrdy but was asked to send legalised copy of diploma nd transcript..plan on applying to vub before the end of today..we shall all have our success stories insha allah
What bout you guyses ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2015
@name* ohh nice one..where did you do the legalisation, learnt belgian embassy, federal ministry of edu or federal ministry of foreign affairs..wich pls ...plus for how much ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
I school in Cameroon so the procedure differs
But in naija, u need to go to the ministry of education and then ministry of foreign affairs and finally at the belgian embassy. as for the price i do not know. I think fikki1 and others who have don legalization in naija should throw more light on this
167tunde:
@name* ohh nice one..where did you do the legalisation, learnt belgian embassy, federal ministry of edu or federal ministry of foreign affairs..wich pls ...plus for how much ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
@fikki1..where are you at brov..i need heads up on legalisation of my documents sire
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
167tunde:
@fikki1..where are you at brov..i need heads up on legalisation of my documents sire

sorry bro, ran out of sub ni jawe, for Ughent, you will legalise your o level n your bachelor, so here are the doc to legalise;
Olevel original certificate
testimonial from sec school
birth cert
bachelor degree cert
nysc discharge cert
transcript of bsc... Please let me know other doc you have with yhu

MOE.... 2k for each(express)
MOFA....1.5K for each(express)
Belgium embassy...5k for each no express(1 week)...
if you want to do it by yourself it should be lesser, but i will suggest you use agent for faster delivery, i use agent also when i went to Abuja around sept, cos of the stress n come today, come tomorrow thing....

for MOE...12K
MOFA...9K
EMBASSY...30K

TOTAL...51K..... agent go collect money for job...dats negotiable....you can go to Abuja n get any agent there or i can link you with one dat helped me... But you have to go to Abuja at least once to see the agent n discuss
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
namebdis4:
I school in Cameroon so the procedure differs
But in naija, u need to go to the ministry of education and then ministry of foreign affairs and finally at the belgian embassy. as for the price i do not know. I think fikki1 and others who have don legalization in naija should throw more light on this

please be informed that ughent will need your transcript for evaluation before any decision can be made. Without it dey wont answer you,
secondly, you must have a copy of your transcript with you to legalise n also you must send transcript to dem from your university in a sealed envelop, make sure its the university that will send it... Any more info you need, we are all here to help eachoda, God bless us all
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
sorry bro, ran out of sub ni jawe, for Ughent, you will legalise your o level n your bachelor, so here are the doc to legalise;
Olevel original certificate
testimonial from sec school
birth cert
bachelor degree cert
nysc discharge cert
transcript of bsc... Please let me know other doc you have with yhu

if you want to do it by yourself it should be lesser, but i will suggest you use agent for faster delivery, i use agent also when i went to Abuja around sept, cos of the stress n come today, come tomorrow thing....

for MOE...12K
MOFA...9K
EMBASSY...30K

TOTAL...51K..... agent go collect money for job...dats negotiable....you can go to Abuja n get any agent there or i can link you with one dat helped me... But you have to go to Abuja at least once to see the agent n discuss]

Whao..well, i plan on legalizing my waec certificate, BSc certificate, Birth cert and transcript..although ghent required BSc cert and transcript for now..PLUS apparently I will need to legalise in two packages as am applying to two schools then.. yea ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2015

for MOE...12K
MOFA...9K
EMBASSY...30K

TOTAL...51K..... agent go collect money for job...dats negotiable....you can go to Abuja n get any agent there or i can link you with one dat helped me... But you have to go to Abuja at least once to see the agent n discuss]

Whao..well, i plan on legalizing my waec certificate, BSc certificate, Birth cert and transcript..although ghent required BSc cert and transcript for now..PLUS apparently I will need to legalise in two packages as am applying to two schools then.. yea ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2015
167tunde:

for MOE...12K
MOFA...9K
EMBASSY...30K

dats 4 doc....nice it should drop d price den
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
167tunde:

for MOE...12K
MOFA...9K
EMBASSY...30K

you will spend around 70-75k for the 2 legalisation.... Sending with DHL is 13200*2.... Total money should be less dan 120k...rough estimate
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 9:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
wow..thats on a high side, to comot for naija no be beans o..
@fikki1 guess i'd need that your agent's contact info as i have someone in Abuja that can help me relate with the agent..Say how long will it take on an express platform ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
167tunde:
wow..thats on a high side, to comot for naija no be beans o..
@fikki1 guess i'd need that your agent's contact info as i have someone in Abuja that can help me relate with the agent..Say how long will it take on an express platform ?

ok...maximum should be 2weeks ... MOE AND MOFA dats a day or two depending on d arrival of your documents.... Embassy is 5days no reduction dat makes it 2weeks....
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
@fikki1..God bless you for me IJN..will buzz her tomorrw nd give you a feed bck.
You'r a prospective student of what skul plus course of study pls ?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
167tunde:
@fikki1..God bless you for me IJN..will buzz her tomorrw nd give you a feed bck.
You'r a prospective student of what skul plus course of study pls ?

ughent....business administration.....admission already given...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 17, 2015
@ fikki1, did you already get a word from the language school if so what is the next step?
fikki1:

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 4:11am On Dec 17, 2015
namebdis4:
@ fikki1, did you already get a word from the language school if so what is the next step?
nothing yet, have mailed them twice now, i contacted that my uncle he just said i shouldn't worry much dat since d admission as been given d language programme is just an attachment, but i don't want to leave any stone unturned, so i wont have issue with visa... Maybe around dat july too i will apply for visa, so before sept, we will know watsup, cos by December we should b on our way God's willing
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 17, 2015
please try and call the language school from Naija, i know it will cost just few nairas, please do that fast do not take chances
fikki1:

nothing yet, have mailed them twice now, i contacted that my uncle he just said i shouldn't worry much dat since d admission as been given d language programme is just an attachment, but i don't want to leave any stone unturned, so i wont have issue with visa... Maybe around dat july too i will apply for visa, so before sept, we will know watsup, cos by December we should b on our way God's willing
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:47am On Dec 17, 2015
namebdis4:
please try and call the language school from Naija, i know it will cost just few nairas, please do that fast do not take chances

yeah, will do that. Thanks bro, hope all your document are ready, and my sponsor ask me to send him all d doc needed, i want to make i list in plain terms, can you help with that?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 8:39am On Dec 17, 2015
Guys, my program of study in ghent (biochemistry nd biotechnology) is dutch taught but also english taught..will it be necessary to take a language (dutch) preparatory course..and pls do help me confirm this
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2015
fikki1:

How much is the tuition fee for the school you applied to?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2015
Yes you will take dutch language preparatory course, fikki1 have more info about that
167tunde:
Guys, my program of study in ghent (biochemistry nd biotechnology) is dutch taught but also english taught..will it be necessary to take a language (dutch) preparatory course..and pls do help me confirm this
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2015
How much is the average tuition fee for schools in belgium?

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2015
167tunde:

if its masters you can study in English, but if its in Dutch you want cool also, but your motivational letter must convince the international admission desk dat you Dutch will b important to your study and moreso wat is d essence of learning it, i think its your choice to choose, i believe you will be asked before admission is given, try to call ghent to hasten the process
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:07am On Dec 17, 2015
Soyedele1:

How much is the tuition fee for the school you applied to?

from my findings, average tuition for undergraduate is 2000 euros or less, depending on your course, masters is less but never the less, you are allowed to work as long as it doesn't affect your studies...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.