Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238026 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2016
Boss..i swear i dey reason apply to just one school as the legalisation fee for two schools money dey in a high side..abi wetin u feel babami ?
Plus shey your uni send any hard copy document like the transcript and certificate sealed in envelope ?..sent by ur uni i mean
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2016
167tunde:
Boss..i swear i dey reason apply to just one school as the legalisation fee for two schools money dey in a high side..abi wetin u feel babami ?
Plus shey your uni send any hard copy document like the transcript and certificate sealed in envelope ?..sent by ur uni i mean

yes, but on request.. Put in mind dat you will also send yours too, even after your school has sent..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by nelson86: 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
Someone help am about to apply for dutch language @ Ghent university,is it possible or who has done it?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
nelson86:
Someone help am about to apply for dutch language @ Ghent university,is it possible or who has done it?

do you have admission already?? Either from ghent or another school in Flemish community??
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by nelson86: 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
fikki1:

do you have admission already?? Either from ghent or another school in Flemish community??
no, am about to apply
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by nelson86: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
fikki1:

no,I want to know weda is it possible
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
nelson86:
no,I want to know weda is it possible

well, basically applying to Dutch program in ughent requires knowledge in Dutch language, in essence after yhu have been giving admission in ughent, which wil allow you apply for the language course, which is 9months programm.. Admission letter from ghent university will give you eligibility to apply for their language programm... Admission into Ghent last till feb 28.... And language programm starts in April...

if yhu intent applying start earnest if you want to be enrolled for 2017/2018.

i hope this answers your question..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by nelson86: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
fikki1:

well, basically applying to Dutch program in ughent requires knowledge in Dutch language, in essence after yhu have been giving admission in ughent, which wil allow you apply for the language course, which is 9months programm.. Admission letter from ghent university will give you eligibility to apply for their language programm... Admission into Ghent last till feb 28.... And language programm starts in April...

if yhu intent applying start earnest if you want to be enrolled for 2017/2018.

i hope this answers your question..
can I apply this year april?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
nelson86:
can I apply this year april?

if yhu get your admission before the closing date of the language course...you can, if not...till next year... Dts y i will implore you to start d application now... Feb is still the closing date for academics application..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 07, 2016
original copies here mean the original legalized copy not a Photocopy of it. To legalize ur transcript for instance, 1. make e photocopy of it, 2. let the ministry of education sign/certify it, 3. Then the ministry of foreign affairs also sign on the same photocopy, and 4, u then take it to the Belgian Embassy for Legalization. I hope this is clear now. the
167tunde:
Hello guyses..pls am on the verge of legalising my documents and i want to ask if it would be done on the original copy of my certificates as ghent university says they require original copies to be submitted..many thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 07, 2016
I do not think you will get that programme offered in English. Why no take a Dutch course and then go dutch language training after which you will enrol in you desired programme upon completion of you language course. JUST AN ADVICE. However there are many other undergrad course in English in Belgium. Do u search well.

Happy NY

benson3788:

BSc, undergraduate. Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2016
@fikki1, did you receive the letter of admission yet?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by benson3788(m): 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
namebdis4:
I do not think you will get that programme offered in English. Why no take a Dutch course and then go dutch language training after which you will enrol in you desired programme upon completion of you language course. JUST AN ADVICE. However there are many other undergrad course in English in Belgium. Do u search well.

Happy NY

That was candid, thank you. Are you in Belgium? Well I am a 2 year Psychology student in Cyprus; just trying see what window exists on relocation.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 09, 2016
No I am not in Belgium. Why not try an Exchange programme.
benson3788:

That was candid, thank you. Are you in Belgium? Well I am a 2 year Psychology student in Cyprus; just trying see what window exists on relocation.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by benson3788(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
namebdis4:
No I am not in Belgium. Why not try an Exchange programme.
It doesn't work here. Not keen on leaving, but would grab an opportunity. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 12, 2016
it is ok. Just try and look for a right program
benson3788:

It doesn't work here. Not keen on leaving, but would grab an opportunity. Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
why much silence here my dear bros and sis. Please come lets make this place nice and interactive
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by jayooh: 3:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
What's d average tuition fee to look at for MSc at Ughent per session?

namebdis4:
why much silence here my dear bros and sis. Please come lets make this place nice and interactive
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 16, 2016
Since Nigeria is in the list of developing countries the tuition is 105Euro per academic year. if you are from not from Nigeria and your countries is not on the list of developing countries the fee will be 600 euro. you can get more detail following the link below

http://www.ugent.be/en/education/degree/practical/studentadmin/tuition

jayooh:
What's d average tuition fee to look at for MSc at Ughent per session?

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hello guys, hope you all had a good weeknd..I am on the verge of sending the hard copies of my documents to ghent uni and I'd like to know the best and most affordable courier service to use pls..NIPOST or any private one ? Many thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
167tunde:
Hello guys, hope you all had a good weeknd..I am on the verge of sending the hard copies of my documents to ghent uni and I'd like to know the best and most affordable courier service to use pls..NIPOST or any private one ? Many thanks

i used DHL. 13200 or so.., n its quite fast
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
wow @fikki1..an idea of a cheaper nd fast one ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
167tunde:
wow @fikki1..an idea of a cheaper nd fast one ?
Nipost, but not sure of the delivery time oo, cos am still waiting for my letter from Belgium since dec
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
I thought you had your admission letter already..
@fikki1
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
167tunde:
I thought you had your admission letter already.. @fikki1
original letter and bronchure is still hanging ooo... I already got soft copy...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
@fikki1 Whoa..but can you use the soft copy to apply for visa ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2016
167tunde:
@fikki1 Whoa..but can you use the soft copy to apply for visa ?
to tell you the truth, i don't really know until i make enquiries.. But @name should be able to lead us..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 18, 2016
no, you will need the hard copy, that is the original copy
fikki1:

to tell you the truth, i don't really know until i make enquiries.. But @name should be able to lead us..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2016
namebdis4:
no, you will need the hard copy, that is the original copy
aiite, i need prayer den,
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2016
sure
fikki1:

aiite, i need prayer den,
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
namebdis4:
sure
aiite.. Try help,the dudes here oo, April is approaching, and feb is almost here, lets hope nd pray for the best.... Visa applications, can we at least start the requirement for it, so we would already be prepared for it...@namebdis4.. Abeg lets start dis oo, no time
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
you can start right away. first contact the embassy and get the list of required documents for student visa application.

However i have some guideline about student visa application in Belgium

Required Documents***

1. Passport with validity of at least 1 years after the date of application(+ 2 copies of bio-page)
2. 2 completed and signed application form.
3. 2 recent photographs(5x3cm) with white background
4. Original certificate by an officially recognized educational establishment (**) (school or university) in Belgium (+ 2 photocopies), mentioning admission to the studies.
5. Original of a guarantee letter (model 32) for studying (+ 2 photocopies) accompanied by a proof of regular and sufficient income of the guarantor of at least 1.614 Euro/month + 150 Euro/month per person already at the charge of the guarantor (+ 2 photocopies). Letters of guarantee for students can be provided by:

(i). A Belgian or a foreigner residing in Belgium:

In that case, the letter of guarantee must be legalized by the municipality in Belgium where the guarantor resides and must be accompanied, in addition to the proof of income, by a certificate of residence issued by the municipality and/or by a recto-verso copy of the identity card (+1 additional copy).

Or
(ii). A Belgian or a foreigner residing abroad.
In that case, the letter of guarantee must be legalized by a Belgian Embassy or Consulate in the country where the guarantor resides and must be accompanied, in addition to the proof of income, by a copy of the bio-page of the passport and/or by a copy of the residence permit (+ 1 additional copy)
Or
(iii). A letter of guarantee is not required for students who are the beneficiaries of an official scholarship. The original proof of that scholarship (+ 2 photocopies) will be sufficient.
6. An original medical certificate (+ 2 copies).
7. An original certificate of good conduct (+ 2 copies).

ONLY STUDENTS DESIRING TO STUDY FRENCH OR DUTCH BEFORE CONTINUING HIGHER EDUCATION IN BELGIUM
The same documents will be required as for a student in a recognized or private institution (see above). However, in this case, the original ‘certificate by an officially recognized educational establishment’ or the original ‘proof of enrolment in a Private School’ must be replaced by an original ‘certificate of enrolment in a language school’ (usually for one year). Please note that the courses must consist of no less than 12 hours per week.

Remarks:

Please note that all foreign documents have to be legalized. Afterwards translated in the official language of the Municipality of the partner in Belgium by translators recognized by the Embassy if not in English.
Additional documents, even those not featured in the list above, may be required by the Embassy!
fikki1:

aiite.. Try help,the dudes here oo, April is approaching, and feb is almost here, lets hope nd pray for the best.... Visa applications, can we at least start the requirement for it, so we would already be prepared for it...@namebdis4.. Abeg lets start dis oo, no time

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.