Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (239495 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 17, 2015
you need to first calculate your living expenses for a year which is about 12 months x 700euro = 8400 euros, add this sum the tuition fee and you will get the amount for your sponsor. Hope is it clear. Did you send a copy of that document i send to you to your sponsor?
fikki1:

yeah, will do that. Thanks bro, hope all your document are ready, and my sponsor ask me to send him all d doc needed, i want to make i list in plain terms, can you help with that?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2015
167tunde:
Guys, my program of study in ghent (biochemistry nd biotechnology) is dutch taught but also english taught..will it be necessary to take a language (dutch) preparatory course..and pls do help me confirm this

if you are taking Dutch language course, your admission into Ughent will be 2017/2018... If its English it will be 2016/2017.. If i were you... I will go for Dutch... Longer stay nd chances of getting work is 80% compare to English speakers...remember you are going into the Dutch speaking community...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:15am On Dec 17, 2015
namebdis4:
you need to first calculate your living expenses for a year which is about 12 months x 700euro = 8400 euros, add this sum the tuition fee and you will get the amount for your sponsor. Hope is it clear. Did you send a copy of that document i send to you to your sponsor?

no not yet.... Wait a bit who is going to spend dat lot on living, from d doc yhu sent its 617 nd must he have dat amount for a year...i mean is it essential
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2015
Yes the commune or municipality in Belgium will have to verify that he can afford that sum for your stay in Belgium plus some more for himself before they are going to legalized the prise en charge. You o not actually need the cash, but your sponsor must show that he is financially capable and they will verify this based on his salary and not his bank account. for instance if he is ending say 2000euro, he will have 700 for youevery month, 600 for himself and the rest for this dependent ( children and wife) in Belgium his sponsorship letter with be legalized and will be eligible to sponsor you and ur visa is secure. On the other hand if his salary is below 1500 euro, it is clear that he will not affford your living expenses, his own and those of his dependents I hope you understand me now brother
fikki1:

no not yet.... Wait a bit who is going to spend dat lot on living, from d doc yhu sent its 617 nd must he have dat amount for a year...i mean is it essential

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 10:03am On Dec 17, 2015
lols @name*..it definately will
Mrs Gloria actually charged me per page nd not per document which is contrary to @fikki1's
Plus can one take the english taught program and enrol for a languauge class concurrently..cos writing exams in dutch can be stringent for me kinda
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2015
I think you will do one year of dutch language programme before you start normal the next academic, if am wrong please correct me
167tunde:
Mrs Gloria actually charged me per page nd not per document which is contrary to @fikki1's
Plus can one take the english taught program and enrol for a languauge class concurrently..cos writing exams in dutch can be stringent for me kinda
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2015
167tunde:

per page is equal to per doc.... If you have 4 leaves, dats 4 docs.... She is on d same line with me....
olevel
bsc cert etc, one page one charge, dats how its done....
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2015
namebdis4:
I think you will do one year of dutch language programme before you start normal the next academic, if am wrong please correct me

you have to do the language course and pass before you start academics.... The price for language is 2250... If yhu pass level 5 or level 6.... You will be refunded with 1080 for ughent student only... So by fire by force we must pass cause money done dey involve, infact i done download pdf for Dutch language... I dey read small small...though pronunciation never dey, but understanding don dey enter...easy when i get there...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2015
167tunde:

yes you can...but Na time...remember you still work, go to class, read n flex a little...so one step at a time...if you choose only language first year, its better, second year will b academics plus work... Third year d same...so its profitable if you learn Dutch first, if you get what am saying
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by omidan21: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2015
Please all i see here is all about masters

Are there no undergraduate taught courses in English

Please urgent response and ideas needed i need to assist my babay bro

Regards
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2015
omidan21:

Regards

in Belgium, there are two major communities, the Flanders and the Flemish communities, which are french and Dutch communities, for undergraduate programmes you must be able to communicate in either in other to apply... Or you apply and also enrol for the Dutch language(Flanders) or french(Flemish)... The admission is still on in ghent university and also Vub but VUB requires French n dey do not offer language courses for undergraduate... I will implore you to apply to ghent as it has language programme for undergraduates....

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2015
there are my bros, what course does he want to go info
omidan21:

Regards
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 11:04am On Dec 17, 2015
I think @omidan21 can check up vesalius college Brussel..they have some english taught programs thre..And true ghent will be a better choice as they offer preparatory language course for undergraduate level
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 17, 2015
to add there is also the German community. you have many colleges in Flanders that offers courses in English at the undergraduate level. Also there are English course in French Community. These links can be for help http://www.bachelorsportal.eu/search/?q=ci-4|dg-bsc,beng|ln-3|lv-bachelor&order=relevance
http://www.studyinbelgium.be/en/search-formations

There are a lot of undergradute programme offer in English but you need to search well
fikki1:

in Belgium, there are two major communities, the Flanders and the Flemish communities, which are french and Dutch communities, for undergraduate programmes you must be able to communicate in either in other to apply... Or you apply and also enrol for the Dutch language(Flanders) or french(Flemish)... The admission is still on in ghent university and also Vub but VUB requires French n dey do not offer language courses for undergraduate... I will implore you to apply to ghent as it has language programme for undergraduates....

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2015
namebdis4:
to add there is also the German community. you have many colleges in Flanders that offers courses in English at the undergraduate level. Also there are English course in French Community. These links can be for help http://www.bachelorsportal.eu/search/?q=ci-4|dg-bsc,beng|ln-3|lv-&order=relevance
http://www.studyinbelgium.be/en/search-formations

There are a lot of undergradute programme offer in English but you need to search well

affordable? Cheap, or costly... Consider that too
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2015
Fikki1..my transcript na 4 pages o, that makes all the documents 8..na die i dey o
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2015
167tunde:
Fikki1..my transcript na 4 pages o, that makes all the documents 8..na die i dey o
oh boy, my own document Na 9 i spent almost 100k....
he no easy my brother, God should just crown our effort and make us smile

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 167tunde: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2015
[quote author=fikki1 post=41084419]
oh boy, my own document Na 9 i spent almost 100k....
he no easy my brother, God should just crown our effort and make us smile
*Amen o babami..i guess vub too will want to request for legalised copy of document..Mama Gloria said she can help legalise two photocopies for me based on say na u (fikki1)..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
[quote author=167tunde post=41085437][/quote]
hope she will do.it quickly sha... Hv you explained how urgent...n tell her dat the one for the embassy is two ooo....not one...

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
fikki1 have you got the letter yet?
fikki1:

hope she will do.it quickly sha... Hv you explained how urgent...n tell her dat the one for the embassy is two ooo....not one...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
namebdis4:
fikki1 have you got the letter yet?

nope not yet... Have mailed them n even posted on fb...still awaiting response

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
I have a question.thrown to me by a friend.... He said without d language course application, can he apply for visa and what is his chance of getting granted... I told him he cant, hope i have not given him wrong answer... Pls reply me @namebdis4.... I await your clearance on this please
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
Well fikki1, i have no idea about dutch language programme and their connection with study of your degree proper. nd i do not know if you can apply with or without course application. But i think that since your programme is going to be taught in dutch, you need to proof to the embassy that you have a knowledge of dutch and you can either proof this with a dutch language certificate or a proof that you will take a dutch language course in Belgium for a year prior to the start of your undergraduate programme proper. so you will need the application for the language course for visa application. Better still you can put this questions to the university offering the undergraduate programme and the language school too and hear their own side of the story. I hope this help and i stand to be corrected
fikki1:
I have a question.thrown to me by a friend.... He said without d language course application, can he apply for visa and what is his chance of getting granted... I told him he cant, hope i have not given him wrong answer... Pls reply me @namebdis4.... I await your clearance on this please
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
namebdis4:
Well fikki1, i have no idea about dutch language programme and their connection with study of your degree proper. nd i do not know if you can apply with or without course application. But i think that since your programme is going to be taught in dutch, you need to proof to the embassy that you have a knowledge of dutch and you can either proof this with a dutch language certificate or a proof that you will take a dutch language course in Belgium for a year prior to the start of your undergraduate programme proper. so you will need the application for the language course for visa application. Better still you can put this questions to the university offering the undergraduate programme and the language school too and hear their own side of the story. I hope this help and i stand to be corrected

aiite, thanks will relate it to them
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
you are welcome
fikki1:

aiite, thanks will relate it to them
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by topsyalooma: 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
Yes applying to Hasselt for Master program in transportation science.. Attestation/English as a medium is a doc I got from school to proof my English proficiency has been English is language of instruction and exams throughout my stay in the university.. Can you please send me the number of the agent that assisted you for your legalisation and also the link to the embassy form which I've to sign and include in docs to send to abuja. Tnx
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by topsyalooma: 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
fikki1:

which school are you applying to? And NO, you don't need to legalise passport data page, cv,to whom.. And you don't need to be present for legalisation at MOE N MOFA... But you will need to sign a document at the Belgian embassy, yhu can download the form online n include it in your documents you intend to send to Abuja...n pls can yhu explain wat yhu mean by attestation/english as a medium.. I don't understand dat
Yes applying to Hasselt for Master program in transportation science.. Attestation/English as a medium is a doc I got from school to proof my English proficiency has been English is language of instruction and exams throughout my stay in the university.. Can you please send me the number of the agent that assisted you for your legalisation and also the link to the embassy form which I've to sign and include in docs to send to abuja. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.