Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,489 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (239317 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Hadedee: 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
thanks for the kind answers.... basically, what is the standard of living in Belgium like for students? does study permit automatically come with work permit like that of Canada? how much can one earn monthly..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by smartlepere: 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2020
Thank you very much sir. Please there is another thing I didn't get very well, I have my certificate and transcript but you made mention of the document having true certified copy written on it before they well be attended to at the embassy. Please do I have to take them back to my school for another signatory before going for authentication and legalisation?
divads:
about any other documents to legalise. I think it depends on the school you're applying to. But I guess for Msc studies it's usually just degree certificate and transcript.

If you could send someone else to do the legalisation on your behalf. I think there's a form you can fill out and sign and give to the person.. check the Belgian Embassy for more details.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by divads(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
smartlepere:
Thank you very much sir. Please there is another thing I didn't get very well, I have my certificate and transcript but you made mention of the document having true certified copy written on it before they well be attended to at the embassy. Please do I have to take them back to my school for another signatory before going for authentication and legalisation?

Actually we're both in the same shoes. I also intend to legalise my documents. But I've not certified my degree certificate from my university as their (UI)Nasu has been on strike for sometime now.

I have a colleague that visited the embassy last month for the same process. He was told he had to certify his degree certificate before it can be legalised. Although he had already authenticated both at the MOE and MOFA. So he had to go back to school to certify it. B4 going back to legalise

So it's compulsory to first certify your cert at school before going for legalisation.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by smartlepere: 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
That means am to send a photocopy to school for certification?
divads:

Actually we're both in the same shoes. I also intend to legalise my documents. But I've not certified my degree certificate from my university as their (UI)Nasu has been on strike for sometime now.

I have a colleague that visited the embassy last month for the same process. He was told he had to certify his degree certificate before it can be legalised. Although he had already authenticated both at the MOE and MOFA. So he had to go back to school to certify it. B4 going back to legalise

So it's compulsory to first certify your cert at school before going for legalisation.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 29, 2020
victorsol:

You are bro.
but to authenticate at MOE first, you must be there in person or your someone that bears your surname help you out.
That's the only way.
but others can be done through proxy.
Boss, can't this authentication be done at any State MOE? Must it be in Abuja?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 12:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
IMustWin:

Boss, can't this authentication be done at any State MOE? Must it be in Abuja?

Am sorry to say NO
it must be at the federal ministry of education Abuja
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by regizoch(m): 1:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
How much is the block account?
konja44:
You pay fees only when you get to Belgium.

Sponsorship.. 2 ways to proof that
1. Block account
2. Annex 32

Note...no bank account statement is use as means of financial solvency in Belgium.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by divads(m): 1:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
smartlepere:
That means am to send a photocopy to school for certification?
yeahh
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 3:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
For this year, it is 666euro * 12 months

regizoch:
How much is the block account?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Toluv20: 6:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
Please, what is the best and cost effective courier service to send my legalized documents to Ghent University in Belgium?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 6:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Toluv20:
Please, what is the best and cost effective courier service to send my legalized documents to Ghent University in Belgium?

depending on your state where you are.
check the price of Dhl and FedEx. Dhl takes 2 to 3days and FedEx 3 days. cost depends on the state you are but FedEx is 18050 and Dhl is 17500 to 28500 depending on the state.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
victorsol:

Am sorry to say NO
it must be at the federal ministry of education Abuja
ok thnkx
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by smartlepere: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2020
OK, thank you very much
divads:
yeahh
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by smartlepere: 11:23am On Mar 01, 2020
Also, is it only the certificate or both certificate and the transcript that must be certified?
divads:
yeahh
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by divads(m): 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
smartlepere:
Also, is it only the certificate or both certificate and the transcript that must be certified?
Just the certificate.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by divads(m): 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
smartlepere:
OK, thank you very much
you're welcome bro
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by smartlepere: 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Thanks a lot. Let me look for a way to forward a photocopy to the school.
divads:
Just the certificate.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by smartlepere: 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
OK, will have to do it before going to the ministries for authentication.
smartlepere:
Thanks a lot. Let me look for a way to forward a photocopy to the school.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by divads(m): 7:27am On Mar 02, 2020
smartlepere:
OK, will have to do it before going to the ministries for authentication.
Exactly. Good luck bro
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Thewizardof0zil: 8:25am On Mar 02, 2020
Please who knows any school in Belgium that doesn’t require IELTS for undergrad?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 10:09am On Mar 02, 2020
All schools here requires IELTS for undergrad

Thewizardof0zil:
Please who knows any school in Belgium that doesn’t require IELTS for undergrad?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 11:29am On Mar 03, 2020
Aphrikanna:
Please this is urgent. has anyone applied to University of Antwerp? They asked for a course description in the application and I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. Can anyone please throw in more light on what they are actually asking for?

Sorry this is late. This is what I found from UAntwerp website on course description.��

Upload descriptions of the courses listed in your transcript of records. The description should give a good insight in the contents of the course. It can usually be found in the study guide of your university with details about the programme.
These descriptions must be in Dutch, French, German or English.
Even if you didn't yet graduate, we still need the descriptions of all the courses which you attended or will attend and which are part of your programme.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Joshph: 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2020
Pls if l need to legalize my document to send it to Belgium can l use my student transcript or it must be official transcript.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Bhorbymills1990: 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
A friend of mine applied for visa but got rejected due to the following reasons
1. There are reasonable doubts about your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa.

2. The purpose and circumstances of the intended stay have been insufficiently demonstrated

Should he Appeal or How would he solve this issue on his next application??
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ghanaman5050: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
Bhorbymills1990:
1. There are reasonable doubts about your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa.

2. The purpose and circumstances of the intended stay have been insufficiently demonstrated

Your friend applied for Belgium student visa ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrLj(m): 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
Bhorbymills1990:

I am so sorry about that.

Please what is the time duration between the visa application and when he got the rejection notice?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
Is it for a student visa?

Bhorbymills1990:

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Thewizardof0zil: 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
Please guys, I wrote NECO but the original certificate isn’t out yet. Is it possible to legalize the online printout?

Or will confirmation of result from NECO be accepted by schools in Belgium?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 8:03am On Mar 04, 2020
Joshph:
Pls if l need to legalize my document to send it to Belgium can l use my student transcript or it must be official transcript.

@victorsol please help with the above
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 8:18am On Mar 04, 2020
Thewizardof0zil:
Please guys, I wrote NECO but the original certificate isn’t out yet. Is it possible to legalize the online printout?

Or will confirmation of result from NECO be accepted by schools in Belgium?

Check out this thread about authentication at MOE and MOFA. The thread is very short.

On page 11 or so someone mentioned that if you wrote NECO/WAEC within the past 5 years that the online printout with scratch card will be accepted.

https://www.nairaland.com/566958/authenticity-documents-ministry-foreign-affairs/10

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Thewizardof0zil: 9:11am On Mar 04, 2020
DeeKeem:

Check out this thread about authentication at MOE and MOFA. The thread is very short.

On page 11 or so someone mentioned that if you wrote NECO/WAEC within the past 5 years that the online printout with scratch card will be accepted.

https://www.nairaland.com/566958/authenticity-documents-ministry-foreign-affairs/10
thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 10:11am On Mar 04, 2020
DeeKeem:

@victorsol please help with the above
okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.