Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238074 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 11:14am On Feb 08, 2021
thatthickgurl:
Any scholarships?

Search for the scholarships mentioned by @DeeKeem
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 11:15am On Feb 08, 2021
oluwamitomisin:

hi,
did you/anyone make payment for authentication of documents at MOFA of recent? how much is a document/one page? asking for the exact cost on remita as this isnt listed, and I need do an urgent authentication due for tomorrow.
thanks

I am sorry.
Just seeing this.
I hope you're able to find your way round it.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2021
victorsol:

I am sorry.
Just seeing this.

Yes, I did.
Thanks for checking with me.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by inspector1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2021
=olaadesie post=Thanks for response, I appreciate. Please is this post admission or pre admission I.e. the certifications . Once again thanks for your swift respinse

GOOD DAY BRO, HOW FAR WITH UR APPLICATION?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mayo47(m): 9:19pm On Feb 09, 2021
victorsol:

I am sorry.
Just seeing this.

Hi, If i may ask what city are you in Belgium?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
mayo47:

Hi, If i may ask what city are you in Belgium?

Gent
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
oluwamitomisin:

Yes, I did.
Thanks for checking with me.

You are welcome bro.
Success
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by titilopeoye: 11:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
Please my people I need your help. I want to apply for Belgium type D visa with my family. But the question is will I secure job in Belgium first before we apply or until I get to Belgium before i start looking for job?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
titilopeoye:
Please my people I need your help. I want to apply for Belgium type D visa with my family. But the question is will I secure job in Belgium first before we apply or until I get to Belgium before i start looking for job?

Are you going to study or to work?
If to study, you have to prepare present your admission letter or something to show that you are truly admitted.
If its going to be on work ground, then you have to present letter of employment to show that you are entering Belgium on purpose.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by luckis6: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2021
Please I want to ask.
Has Belgium started granting study visas again? Because I read somewhere that they stopped receiving visa application due to the pandemic

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Bablozi20: 11:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
Greetings,

I am new here. I really appreciate everyone that have contributed to this thread so far.

Please I will like to get some clarity on document legalization.

1. Does the medical certificate require legalization at MOFA and/or the embassy since it will be sealed?

2. Can I get my school to send an official transcript directly to the embassy since I have only the student copy (my uni does not give official copy by hand)?

3. Do you know if one can get the police report ready even 2 months before visa application date? I learned that the police character report is valid for only three months.

I will be grateful if more light is shed on this. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrphysics(m): 7:05am On Mar 01, 2021
victorsol:

Are you going to study or to work?
If to study, you have to prepare present your admission letter or something to show that you are truly admitted.
If its going to be on work ground, then you have to present letter of employment to show that you are entering Belgium on purpose.
Hey bro.
I just discovered this thread. I will be coming to Belgium in few months time to complete my internship.
The internship is in SCK-CEN in Mol.
How's the covid situation? I have read few things about Belgium on this thread.
Do you guys have a Nigerian student community in Belgium? I would love to explore Belgium, visit Netherlands and Germany.
How's the transport situation there?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2021
mrphysics:

Hey bro.
I just discovered this thread. I will be coming to Belgium in few months time to complete my internship.
Do you guys have a Nigerian student community in Belgium? I would love to explore Belgium, visit Netherlands and Germany.

Glad to hear about your travelling.
The covid situation is improving but we are still on lockdown.
We do have like informal Nigerian Student community but not functioning because of the pandemic..
Belgium to Germany or Netherlands is like 1hr or max 3hrs by train depending on your location. But you have to present negative covid result to enter.
We use bicycle.majorly in some parts of belgium and there are trams, buses, taxi and train. It depends on the one you want. They are all good

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 10:54am On Mar 01, 2021
Bablozi20:
Greetings,

I am new here. I really appreciate everyone that have contributed to this thread so far.

1. Does the medical certificate require legalization at MOFA and/or the embassy since it will be sealed?

2. Can I get my school to send an official transcript directly to the embassy since I have only the student copy (my uni does not give official copy by hand)?

3. Do you know if one can get the police report ready even 2 months before visa application date? I learned that the police character report is valid for only three months.

Welcome to this group.
1. Medical certificate is not to be legalised. It's always sealed by the issuing hospital and you submit it with your application. Never break the seal to authenticate or legalise.

2. You can but you have to go to the embassy to collect it for authentication first which might be a complex issue for you. I would advise that you look for any organisation around you, lias with the administrator or manager, get it sent there and go pick it. It is always easier like that.

3. Yes, you can but your police report expires after 3months. If it's not going to expire before submitting your application, why not!
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 10:56am On Mar 01, 2021
luckis6:
Please I want to ask.
Has Belgium started granting study visas again? Because I read somewhere that they stopped receiving visa application due to the pandemic

Hmmmmm.
I dont know where you saw that mail but if you are ready to apply, please submit your application and it's going to be treated.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 10:58am On Mar 01, 2021
Belgium now gives 1 year post study permit to all international students... So this is a good time to explore your chances.
See you all soon
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
Hi, thanks for the information here. Just a question on student visa application. The VSF website says apply as soon as possible but the mail accompanying KU Leuven admission letter (For September 2021 Bachelor degree) says apply within 3 months of departure date. Looks confusing. I known the three months thing usually applies to Schengen tourist visa applications. Any opinion on this please?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2021
Premiercare:
Hi, thanks for the information here. Just a question on student visa application. The VSF website says apply as soon as possible but the mail accompanying KU Leuven admission letter (For September 2021 Bachelor degree) says apply within 3 months of departure date. Looks confusing. I known the three months thing usually applies to Schengen tourist visa applications. Any opinion on this please?

Applying 3months to departure is the ideal thing.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrphysics(m): 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
victorsol:

Glad to hear about your travelling.
The covid situation is improving but we are still on lockdown.
We do have like informal Nigerian Student community but not functioning because of the pandemic..
Belgium to Germany or Netherlands is like 1hr or max 3hrs by train depending on your location. But you have to present negative covid result to enter.
We use bicycle.majorly in some parts of belgium and there are trams, buses, taxi and train. It depends on the one you want. They are all good
Thanks bro for this info. It's really helpful.
In fact, you gave me one important info before leaving France, which is to come along with Covid-19 test since I won't be allowed to board trains in Belgium without it even as a first timer.

I am usually an indoor person, I doubt there's a need for Bicycle. The buses, trams would do. I am only wondering is there would be tram from my last train station to the SCK-CEN facility. I also know the tram system will be similar to that of France.
I just hate the stress of traveling. But I want to see Belgium too.

Again, thanks for your time
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 1:08am On Mar 02, 2021
mrphysics:

In fact, you gave me one important info before leaving France, which is to come along with Covid-19 test since I won't be allowed to board trains in Belgium without it even as a first timer.

I am usually an indoor person, I doubt there's a need for Bicycle. The buses, trams would do. I am only wondering is there would be tram from my last train station to the SCK-CEN facility. I also know the tram system will be similar to that of France.

You are welcome
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 8:07am On Mar 02, 2021
mrphysics:

I am usually an indoor person, I doubt there's a need for Bicycle. The buses, trams would do. [b]I am only wondering is there would be tram from my last train station to the SCK-CEN facility. [/b]I also know the tram system will be similar to that of France.

Hi

You should use Google maps to sort of plan and/or confirm your route. For that facility, you might require a bicycle or car to get there.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 8:10am On Mar 02, 2021
Bablozi20:
Greetings,

For your second question, your school can send the transcript directly to the embassy and they will legalize it. Just make sure you are communicating with the embassy

The other questions have been answered
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrphysics(m): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2021
DeeKeem:

Hi

You should use Google maps to sort of plan and/or confirm your route. For that facility, you might require a bicycle or car to get there.
Great. Thanks for your input.

I will do as you suggested. My only problem would just be getting to the facility from France here. I can get a train from France here to Mol. But from Mol to the facility, I might use Uber.

What's the general language in Mol?
French or Dutch?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Bablozi20: 10:18am On Mar 02, 2021
victorsol:

Welcome to this group.
1. Medical certificate is not to be legalised. It's always sealed by the issuing hospital and you submit it with your application. Never break the seal to authenticate or legalise.

2. You can but you have to go to the embassy to collect it for authentication first which might be a complex issue for you. I would advise that you look for any organisation around you, lias with the administrator or manager, get it sent there and go pick it. It is always easier like that.

3. Yes, you can but your police report expires after 3months. If it's not going to expire before submitting your application, why not!

Thank you very much for your response. The second answer is a very good option.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Bablozi20: 10:23am On Mar 02, 2021
DeeKeem:

For your second question, your school can send the transcript directly to the embassy and they will legalize it. Just make sure you are communicating with the embassy

The other questions have been answered

I can do this too. I am grateful. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2021
mrphysics:

Great. Thanks for your input.

I will do as you suggested. My only problem would just be getting to the facility from France here. I can get a train from France here to Mol. But from Mol to the facility, I might use Uber.

What's the general language in Mol?
French or Dutch?

Uber seems like a good option, hopefully drivers will be available.

Mol is in the Antwerp province, so it is Dutch speaking. Most people in the Dutch communities speak English really well, and are also willing to speak English.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrphysics(m): 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2021
DeeKeem:

Uber seems like a good option, hopefully drivers will be available.

Mol is in the Antwerp province, so it is Dutch speaking. Most people in the Dutch communities speak English really well, and are also willing to speak English.
Thanks once again
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2021
victorsol:
Belgium now gives 1 year post study permit to all international students... So this is a good time to explore your chances.
See you all soon

Sounds lie some good news. Let's await its implementation
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2021
mrphysics:

Hey bro.

This sounds lovely.
Permit me to ask, from which country are you coming in from? I'm asking because Internship from Nigeria to Belgium is quite rare, but I've met a handful of postdocs anyway.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
oluwamitomisin:

This sounds lovely.
Permit me to ask, from which country are you coming in from? I'm asking because Internship from Nigeria to Belgium is quite rare, but I've met a handful of postdocs anyway.
Are you in belgium?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrphysics(m): 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2021
oluwamitomisin:

This sounds lovely.

France bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.