Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238069 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 12:39am On Mar 03, 2021
mrphysics:

France bro

Makes sense to me now.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 12:39am On Mar 03, 2021
victorsol:

Are you in belgium?

Yes, I am sir/ma
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by GreatMage: 12:51am On Mar 03, 2021
mrphysics:

Hey bro.
I just discovered this thread. I will be coming to Belgium in few months time to complete my internship.
The internship is in SCK-CEN in Mol.
How's the covid situation? I have read few things about Belgium on this thread.
Do you guys have a Nigerian student community in Belgium? I would love to explore Belgium, visit Netherlands and Germany.
How's the transport situation there?

You will enjoy belgium

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrphysics(m): 8:24am On Mar 03, 2021
GreatMage:

You will enjoy belgium
Thanks you sir.

Let's hope Covid situation will improve.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by larot78: 8:47am On Mar 03, 2021
Good day friends,
I am interested in studying in a Belgium institution.

My basic qualifications is Animal Production and Health and l came out with a third class certificate.

I have an 8 year working experience in the State Ministry of Agriculture and Food security.

Pls can I proceed to Master's or do they have a foundation course prior to Master's

What are my chances

Pls I need your urgent assistance.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by GreatMage: 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2021
mrphysics:

Thanks you sir.

Let's hope Covid situation will improve.

It is improving
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by optimusprime2(m): 7:57am On Mar 04, 2021
victorsol:
Belgium now gives 1 year post study permit to all international students... So this is a good time to explore your chances.
See you all soon

The motion was raised in the house for the 1 year post study permits but it has not yet been passed into law yet... if you truly understand the dynamics of government in Belgium, then you should know it is not concluded yet. So hold back on the information you just posted till it is approved.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2021
larot78:
Good day friends,
I am interested in studying in a Belgium institution.

Pls can I proceed to Master's or do they have a foundation course prior to Master's

What are my chances

Pls I need your urgent assistance.

As much as I know, Msc/PhD in Belgium is a tall order. Your grades really count.
Would you consider taking another degree? Could be a way forward - many colleges and universities have degree programmes taught in English. Note that IELTS and or SAT may be required as well.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by UtilityRational(m): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2021
in Louvain la neuve currently for my mobility semester. belgium is good. but corona restricted most activities
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2021
oluwamitomisin:

Yes, I am sir/ma
I am a guy.
Which side in Belgium sir/ma
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2021
optimusprime2:

The motion was raised in the house for the 1 year post study permits but it has not yet been passed into law yet... if you truly understand the dynamics of government in Belgium, then you should know it is not concluded yet. So hold back on the information you just posted till it is approved.
Okay.
They actually started deliberation on this issue long time like 2016 and for coming out to give the outcome of the meeting is a positive sign.
Some countries embark on the extension or granting post study permit to student because of reasons best known to them. UK is not excluded and this is a sign that a long term deliberation is coming to actualisation.

Thanks for your opinion
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by optimusprime2(m): 5:20pm On Mar 05, 2021
victorsol:

Okay.
They actually started deliberation on this issue long time like 2016 and for coming out to give the outcome of the meeting is a positive sign.
Some countries embark on the extension or granting post study permit to student because of reasons best known to them. UK is not excluded and this is a sign that a long term deliberation is coming to actualisation.

Thanks for your opinion

And that's my point exactly!

That's why I stated it's best to announce "After" it has happened, because politics in Belgium is 120% complicated.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
victorsol:

I am a guy.
Which side in Belgium sir/ma

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Pamilerin17: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2021
Good morning everyone.

Please I need insights on how to apply to schools in Belgium �� for my Masters Degree. I have a B.sc degree in Mathematics Education (2nd class upper)
Please I would like to know my chances and also need suggestions on schools I can apply to(tuition friendly)

God bless you as you assist ���
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Krissy01(f): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2021
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2021
Pamilerin17:
Good morning everyone.

Please I need insights on how to apply to schools in Belgium �� for my Masters Degree. I have a B.sc degree in Mathematics Education (2nd class upper)
Please I would like to know my chances and also need suggestions on schools I can apply to(tuition friendly)

God bless you as you assist ���

You can use mastersportal and studyfinder websites to check for schools.
Some main universities in Belgium are
KU Leuven
University of Ghent
VUB
University of Antwerp
ULB
Hasselt University
University of Liege

Also note that most schools had an application deadline of March 1st for Masters admissions, but please check and confirm.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by konja44: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2021
First thing, you need to go and take IELTS.

Krissy01:
Hello everyone so I just started my journey to schooling in Belgium and I've been trying to go through the threads but the infos are scattered so I need help I plan to do Bachelors degree in anything business related it could be marketing, management, business admin e.t.c.I want to know how schooling is like, accommodation cost, do I need to learn any particular language to survive there, can I stay back after my studies is it hard getting admission/visa cause i plan to levae Nigeria by the end of the year pls I need help. Also can someone pls reach out to me on my email:mercykrissy1@gmail.com I might need help in regards to my admission later

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ikenga12: 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2021
fikki1:

applying for an english programm... it is .... and again depends on the school requirement... belgium doesnt require statement of account except annexe 32...

hope this helps
Please,is it only a salary earner that can do annexe 32. Can a business owner do it?
Somebody should help out please,I'm stuck.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
Ikenga12:

Please,is it only a salary earner that can do annexe 32. Can a business owner do it?

Someone who is able to provide payslip... with the minimum about required.

So I feel, business owner Cannot provide payslip, except he pays himself, which in turn makes him a salary earner.

That’s why I always advice foreign sponsor. But if you have someone who earns enough in Naija.. it’s ok too
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ikenga12: 11:52pm On Mar 06, 2021
fikki1:

Someone who is able to provide payslip... with the minimum about required.

So I feel, business owner Cannot provide payslip, except he pays himself, which in turn makes him a salary earner.

That’s why I always advice foreign sponsor. But if you have someone who earns enough in Naija.. it’s ok too
Ok.
Thanks a lot for making it clearer for me.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 9:23am On Mar 08, 2021
Ikenga12:

A business owner can also be a sponsor. But the documentation is a bit tricky. It is honestly easier to use a salary earner

Check out the requirements on the image attached

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by drakura: 3:12am On Mar 16, 2021
My Resumption is in September, when is the appropriate time to legalize my Annex 32?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 10:02am On Mar 16, 2021
drakura:
My Resumption is in September, when is the appropriate time to legalize my Annex 32?

Usually when you process the Annex 32, the legalization is done at the same time.

But on a general note, you can apply for the visa at least 3 months from your travel date.

So you should do all your legalization(s) and document processing around the same time.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by OldGuard: 11:48am On Mar 16, 2021
DeeKeem:

Usually when you process the Annex 32, the legalization is done at the same time.

But on a general note, you can apply for the visa at least 3 months from your travel date.

So you should do all your legalization(s) and document processing around the same time.

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by TheCosmopolitan: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
Anyone schooling in Luxembourg?

How is the standard of living?

How much can a student studying masters earn per week/month?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by feclela(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2021
Good day, people,

I have a question that I seriously need answers to, I have an HND in Business Administration and 2years of working as an HR, please y'all, what are my chances of leaving Nigeria through the Study route and which country.

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by caleesi: 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2021
good day all. please is there a group for people admitted or with admission to Ku Leuven for 2020 and 2021 batch?

Also, gurus in the house, what is the cheapest way to sort blocked funds from Nigeria. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ikenga12: 6:59am On Mar 27, 2021
Please, anybody knows where I can get a legit payslip sponsor. I can pay for the service.I don waka tire.Help a brother.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ikenga12:
Please, anybody knows where I can get a legit payslip sponsor. I can pay for the service.I don waka tire.Help a brother.

Have you tried to use anyone from say the UK or the US? You don't have to necessarily be family with them. They just need to present your related documents at the Belgium embassy and state that they'll sponsor your education. I'll advise they state the year to be at least up to the end of your study so you don't have to redo it annually.

Thing is that, it's quite tough to get people to help you with such inside Belgium as many have 'taken charge' for other students or not earning enough to add a family member.

For your friends, they must be earning enough. As they will have to show payslip. So better to use someone who's single or with a small sized family with reasonable income.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
feclela:
Good day, people,

I have a question that I seriously need answers to, I have an HND in Business Administration and 2years of working as an HR, please y'all, what are my chances of leaving Nigeria through the Study route and which country.

Thank you.

Your chances are quite high - start with finding a school, a country, get the needed documents and put in an application.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
caleesi:
good day all. please is there a group for people admitted or with admission to Ku Leuven for 2020 and 2021 batch?

Also, gurus in the house, what is the cheapest way to sort blocked funds from Nigeria. thanks

See my response here - https://www.nairaland.com/2416231/anyone-studying-belgium/57#100831385

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.