Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260976 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2009
@all,
I need someone to help me on getting astra 2b an eutelsat w6, i try the two bird this evening and couldnot get both, pls can someone come to my side and help me on this two birds? plsssssssss.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
[
spacevice:

@ Blakstar

Any news from the Strong guys. The month is almost ending.
@ spacevice. i will contact my guy tomorrow and give you feedback. will surely keep you posted
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 20, 2009
The happening on Old roger at the moment reminds me of the song i do sang some years back which goes thus;
Old Roger is dead and gone to its grave,
huh! hah! gone to his grave,
they planted an orange tree over his head,
huh! hah! over his head,

So whats the way out now?

@ ola,
when did u get a motorised setup? I aint aware of that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2009
Dejsam are you the one coming to Jos.Am in jos.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2009
I still find it hard to understand some questions being asked by some fellas, in which the answers to the asked questions is in the post above the questions? Are we really d#$b to see things for ourselves, try and read back, your answers are there, pls stop taking us back, really get pissed in here.

@ george,
u dey try for this forum ooooooooo, keep it up, 8 fingers and 2 thumbs up for you, so accommodating with some s^$ly questions, i guess I wont be able to stand that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 20, 2009
@ twinstaiye,
I've had this discussion with you sometimes back, and i think i should also make it public here so that we all can see if it can achieve at a faster rate.
Since newbies on FTA are joining us on a daily basis and questions being asked have been treated, and no one seems to be of help to them, I will really want the moderator of this forum in the person of oluwaseun Osewa, to pls kindly help us convert the html of our past seasons (1 & 2) to a pdf file which can be forwarded to anyone who is in need of them so that they will be able to have an updates of the past events and achievements.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2009
this is a quote to wanna-be initiate to FTA,
FTA is not something you can just dabble into with a pre-conceived idea of the satisfaction you stand to gain, cos if you rush into it with that set of mind, you will HIGHly, GREATLY be disappointed. It should be for you a gradual process.
A babby will never walk withou crawling. I've met with so many people who develop that intrest overnight and were disppointed, we have them on this forum, only to make enquiry about this and that, and zoom off you dont hear a thing from them
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 20, 2009
@ linksman,
this is for you, since you've gotten for yourself a fairly used HD decoder which you got at a ridiculous price but you are having a language problem setting it up, i guess your problem is 90% solved all what you just need now is that, try and find out companies in Lagos where japanese can be found, it is as simple as ABC, am very glad they will be willing to help you out, you can try pay a visit to Toyoyta Nig Ltd, i think some JAPON are there. I know if it'd have been in Chinese language, you wont find it difficult getting a chinko guy, just take a walk to allen-avenue they have so many restuarants there. Or perhaps, just create a thread on the 'TRAVEL SECTION' asking for someone who understands japanese.

OLA, if you too are in that shoe concerning yur LG HD decoder, take that bold step.

For those that have receivers with ARABIc, that shouldnt be a problem, there're so many alfas who can be of help, BADARU too is included, those with french language as default setting can contact me, and so on. I guess snce GEORGE_D is a pastor cos of his love for DOVE vision, he can help with decoders with HEBREW as its default language, abi oga george I lie?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 5:13am On Aug 21, 2009
@segunfms

Whats ur location, if close 2 mine, contact me on 08065743525
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2009
Enitan, With a little touch here and there on my LG Sky Lite Hd I was able 2 change d language to english but d only challenge I hav is getting d remote 4 it. without this u can't access d setup page. @linksman, can I borrow ur remote to also test run mine.let put our heads 2gether to solve dis.If we solve this we wil creat a record on on dis fora for havin d cheapest but powerful Hd box.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 9:51am On Aug 21, 2009
@microgiant & pitodenz
I can assure you that the multitv digibox does NOT have a card reader. I will send my detailed post later since I left what i typed home this morning.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 10:17am On Aug 21, 2009
@all BBC radio has been added to multi pack.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 10:25am On Aug 21, 2009
Greetins 2 u al,d moderator &evry1 hr.Pls m nw hr bt 'v lil knwldge of wts goin on,i sick of dis church chnels on mytv dou m able 2 get 80% qualty wd 90cm pan nw i want 2 chnge da pan 2wards west cos i heard sm shwin epl live.M usin strong decoder Mpeg2 vsion.Plsz any1 wd tips on hw 2 do d@?Naija 1 lov
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 10:30am On Aug 21, 2009
I'l rly aprc8 any1 hu cn hlp me out on dis,m in Delta State
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ojofree: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2009
all
i have been following the recent developments on this thread, though i have not posted for a while, i have been trying to see how one could get a low cost HD receiver in order to join in this multi tv craze, but the cheapest mpeg4/Hd receivers seem to be in the region of $200, so for now daarsat is still the best bet, but don't you guys think those daarsat people will be grinning from ear to ear seeing that there is a renewed interest in their setup, i guess the truth will dawn on them when nobody seem to be renewing subscriptions, so my advice: get those boxes now before they wise up and jack up their prices enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2009
@all

all skysharing receivers are no-no for people in west, as the server TP 12341 is just out of our reach right now. even aljazeera +5-8 is not available on 4m dish is lagos because it is on AB4, except the TP on on nilesat 101 or 102 it wil be of no use to us in lagos.

can any one cofirm that badr is receivable in lagos on 2.4 to 3m dish especiilaly the TP 12341H.

@linksman

is your SKYLIFE set up yet?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ojofree: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ all gurus
like i said in my earlier post i have been doing some research on the latest HD craze, i was really bent on getting a cheap alternative to buying an HD decoder, so i decided to research into getting an HD-SD signal block downconverter, i actually saw a few on the internet but so far unfortunately, all of these products have been discontinued, so my search continues and i will give a feedback to this forum when i eventually make a breakthrough, in the interim some other persons can join in the hunt.

I would like somebody to educate me on the difference between an HD MPEG-4 DVB-S Receiver and an HD DVB-S2 DVB-S RECEIVER, which of these two receivers do we need for multi tv.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sammu(m): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ojofree
dvb-s reciever can be likened to our old vcd player and dvb-s2 as the dvd player. you know dvd player can play dvd, vcd and cd but vcd player can only play cd and vcd and not dvd. so dvb-s2 receiver will open dvb-s1 and dvb-s2 channels.

what we need is mpeg4 dvb-s2 reciever which can decode not only multitv but all future hd channels

i hope this helps
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Tudor6(f): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2009
I saw something on a thread here about NILESAT where you pay 130k a year. . . .could someone please tell me if it's the same NILESAT you guys are getting for free here?

2. If i get a motorised dish, can it save different satellite positions so i can just switch from one sat to another without the hassle of re-positioning and fine tunning.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by trueben: 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2009
HELLO fellas please am new to dis interestin thread on fta and asking for help on my strong 4663 decorder, hw can i watch stations like TRACE and E using Mytv.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2009
@spacevice

I had a chat with my contact about ther STRONG mpeg4 this morning. according to him
the only thing that seem to delay the arrival of the stuff here is PRICING. the price might
be to high for the ordinary man to afford, so they fear the receivers might be stuck up
on the shelves for a while. he did not give me any idea as to how much the recievers will
go for anyway. They are trying to find a way around the pricing before it finally drops
here. BUt he said the receivers will surely come as to the exact date he wasn't sure.

Charlie hope this helps
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2009
Hi great mmba of G-group, i think there is latest patch on S-television 4 srt4661-4665 on Myt which come on 190809 i just download it now, i will instal it wen i get hom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2009
@trueben u can text me your email in other to get the suff u need
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2009
@olatiler.Please remember to scan the file for virus to avoid damage to your receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
trueben:

HELLO fellas please am new to dis interestin thread on fta and asking for help on my strong 4663 decorder, hw can i watch stations like TRACE and E using Mytv.

@trueben.All you need to watch TRACE and E! on MyTV is to buy MYTV smartcard from their vendors.However,if your desire is to make a hobby out of FTA I advise you to go and start reading from Part 1.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2009
@microgiant, pitodenz
I happened to lay hands on the multiTV didgbox today and I had to do everything possible to get your questions replied A.S.A.P because I don’t own it.

1. the digibox has NO card reader in it. I took pictures of it to prove and confirm to the house that the digibox doesn’t have a card reader in it. Yes, it has a compartment and a hole in resemblance of a card reader but if you insert a card into it you may not get it out unless you open the box (I mean it will drop into the box like dropping a coin in a piggy-bank)

I wanted to take pictures of the inside part, but it has a warranty seal cover on one of the screws and must broken to open to unscrew it – then the warranty would be void. Since, I am not the owner of the box and the owner does not agree to it, I could only take pictures of the front for the house.

One funny thing was that I was able to track Intelsat 907; I had the signal 61% on the 10977H 4056 frequency on the multi digibox but 85% on SRT 53x. I later input the daarsat frequency and the quality was 0 though the strength remained as the 10977H.
The daar frequencies 11555 and 11675 show 0% qualities on both polarizations.

For this reason and educational purpose, I have made direct quotations from their manual, below is the quotation,

“The preface
The receiver is a high performance with MPEG2/H.264 compatible and cost-effective digital satellite receiver for operations with IRDETO CA systems. You will have access to all digital free-to-air and pay tv channels of your choice. The friendly on-screen display makes everything really easy fast. The over-the-air upgrade supported will keep the viewers always updated with the new functions and service available. The clear picture and digital sound effect will definitely take viewers like you to a higher level of enjoyment.

Features
MPEG”/H.264 Compatible
Mail & Message supported
Pairing Supported
Support EFM (Enhanced Forced Message)
Support FTA Block function with smart card sectors
NIY search supported
Universal LNB supported
DiSEQC1.0/DiSEQC1.2 protocols supported
Electronic program guide EPG
Program parameters memorization after powering off
Multi-Language OSD and friendly user interface
Teletext output with VBI
Closed caption function
Support classifying BAT service
Auto program update
Aspect ratio 4:3 & 16:9
2000 channels space to be left
Software upgrade via RS232 serial port interface or OTA
SPDIF digital audio output
Satellite signal looping function out
S-VIDEO interface

Specification

I will give only the specs for the video decoder
Profile level – MPEG4 part 10 (H.264) _HPO@1.3, MPEGII MP @ ML
Out system - NTSC/PAL
Output Terminal - RCA
Output level- 1Vp-p (75Ω)(RCA)”

END

The rear panel

the rear panel has two video and audio outputs, s-video interface which makes it different from the SRTs. It has RF ports too.

NB:
The brand name of the digibox is just multiTV and the model number is MDVB S9800, made in china. It appears to me that the box is just a customised design for the multimedia company unlike daarsat which has kaon as brand name.

The following is also contained in the last page of the user manual;
“Note: Any modification will not be noticed in advance. Our company reserves all the rights of the explanation to the difference”

DISCLAIMER: the above quotations from the user manual is for educational purpose only and has no intention for any detrimental purpose to the owners or business, even including copyright
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ll noobs

pending activation for the g-group has been done. welcome to all deserving members.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2009
@sathod
You did a terrific job. Please keep it up. Bravo!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ FOFO, U can also get link to d server of INFTY sharing using FREQ-10930H-SR27500(ESPN) on nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2009
@Enitan, thank so far, i really appreciate your help so far, i will be getting my daarsat package tomorrow hopefully, and i will need ur help during d installation,

@all does anyone know where i can pick up d package here in Lagos? i reside around palgrove, please u can beep me on 08051355133

thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by teeguy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ALL

Aljazeera English back on Sirus 4 ( MABCTV ) .

God bless you all !
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2009
@twinskenny, go to alaba international or 35 payne cresent apapa with your 18k you will get the daar receiver, twin lnb, 1m dish and 30yards of rf wire

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.