Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260602 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 3:26am On Mar 05, 2009
The gurus in the house thank u for your contribution in the forum i pray that the lord will guide us troughout this season3 amen.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nzeonyi2: 4:20am On Mar 05, 2009
THANKS
ifende:

@ all
Welcome to season 3,
@ gangstar101
The jsc patch for echolink simply adds Jsc+ channels and does not affect showtime and art channels and you don't have to remove the card from the reciver to view it.
Enjoy
@ pitodenz
Art is up and running on echolink recivers.

HI friends on FTA
thanks for this forum
I JUST LEARNT TO MOUNT DISH ON MY OWN USING A MAGAZINE I DOWNLOADED BUT THIS FORUM HAS ADDED MUCH TO THAT KNOWLEDGE.
AM A STAFF OF A NGO BASED IN NIGERIA-NIGER BORDER (DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS)
pls i need more explanations
1. echolinks for showtime and ART : IS THERE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ON ART?? NUMBER OF CHANNELS ONE CAN RECEIVER ON THE DECODER, COST OF DECODER AND DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY LNBF AM USING SUPERMAX KU ON 1.8M DISH
2. AM TRYING TO TRACK MSNBC FORMALLY OF TELCOM 2D SAT, THESIGNAL IS STILL THERE BUT NO AUDIO/VISUAL
3. KINDLY SEND ME MORE FEEDS ON NILESAT??
4. IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE STRONG DECODER 4663X TO VIEW HITV CHANNELS?? IF YES HOW?

THANK YOU.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 8:03am On Mar 05, 2009
@all

Hello people.  Its good to be part of the season 3 of this Award wining FTA forum !!! .  Wishing you all the best as we embark on another journey towards making life better and affordable by bringing free (meaning Free of Charge [FOC]), Direct-to-Home,  Digital  Satellite Television knowledge to our people.  And to the DSTVs and co, of this world, I have a word for you, "Yes, we can". You can either pack your bags and go back to your country or better still, reduce your price to N250 grin .

I have a dream, that one day, Nilesat will have African Magic. It is real. Yeah grin

Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2009
Nice to see new season being part 3,thank God for seeing us thru
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:49am On Mar 05, 2009
F_Marshal:

Star One C2 @ 70°W and Echostar 3 @ 61.5°W? cheesy That will be the day. cheesy I hope sey u get like a 40 meter Dish or something bigger than that, and u also dey ready to either dig a borrow pit to house the dish or u get enough people to help u install the Dish upside down.  Na wah OO!! cheesy Any way nothing is impossible sha! undecided

Bros, it's not exactly as hard as you think. And you don't need to tunnel through the earth to recieve
either satellite (as you seem to suggest), at least not from my location anyway. Check out the alignment
section of the fastsatfinder software I made available in the google group. Input my co-ordinates (5.59N lat, 5.71E long) and you'll discover that both birds are on my horizon:

Star One C2 (70,0°W) 268.579 ° Azimuth 5.562 °  Elevation
EchoStar 3 (61,5°W) 267.656 ° Azimuth 14.245 ° Elevation

All that is remaining now is the dish size that will match the EIRP of the transponders wink
We have gone past the stage where we make unsubstantiated claims in our posts. Not with the array of
installation gadgets and tracking softwares we have at our disposal in this forum.
So, once again, anyone care to join me? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by whimsical(m): 10:08am On Mar 05, 2009
@Gangsta101

That's great work, Keep it up.

Kindly send details of the diagram and procedures. liveth4real@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2009
I support George_D
George_D:

Star One C2 (70,0°W) 268.579 ° Azimuth 5.562 °  Elevation
EchoStar 3 (61,5°W) 267.656 ° Azimuth 14.245 ° Elevation

Add AMC6 (72°W)

I'm thinking of tracking EchoStar 3 from my location, only I don't have a big dish now. My current setup two dishes (60cm&90cm)

I tried to include pictures but had difficulty attaching
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ken007(m): 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2009
am using this medium to congratulate all member wellcome to sesason 3 of fta.
@have not had anything coment fro enitan ooooooooooooooooooooooo grin. where u dey come on board now.
@ F_Marshal .am also interesested on the ups stuff ooo, how can i get more infon on goggle group,pls shed more light on that
cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2009
Ifende,
Thanks for the info, i'm about to download the one on the link posted by microgiant, or is it also included in the official patch from srsupport?

Obnelly,

About the signal droppage on MY Echolink, pls understand me, it isn't all Echolink receivers that experience it, just a few of us, who are unfortunate to have bought a ?bad clone. my dish setting is very sound, i currently get about 60 - 62% signal strenght on showsports while using my strong receiver (which is presently hooked up to the echolink via a cable from the signal-out port of the echolink), but when i change over to the echolink and i'm watching it, it starts to show a gradual decline in signal level. (pls note, this may not happen every time, but it happens often enough to be a nuisance.)
and i don't think it is restricted to mine alone, cos Jujukemist mentioned something like that once as a shortcoming for echolink receivers.

Nzeonyi

1. Yes there's champion's league on ART,
2. costs btw 15 to 22 k (Naira) depending on availability
3.No need to change lnb if the dielectric has been cut off (if not, u might need to view pics of our installations here to see where to cut)
4. i think u can use 4663x for HITV if you have a smart card, they do not marry their cards to particular decoders yet.
5. MSNBC and feeds, i don't understand ur questions so i can't help you.

for those interested in the UPS Modification sheme,

Sorry i have been to busy to make a really detailed post, but like Butoneday said all you really need is a UPS ( i'm using an old one, they are cheaper than inverters but serve the same function as long as their load limit isn't exceeded), A heavy duty battery, ( the larger the capacity, the longer it can last for a given amount of charge, but also it means a lower internal resistance and hence a relatively more robust charger).
which brings us to the most important thing, the charger which can supply currents of more than 8amps without burning up. why i use the ATX power supply instead of a conventional large transformer based charger is that they are light weight, heavy duty and very very cheap, but watch out, avoid the ones made to Chinese specifications cos they do not supply the current they claim they do. (Yes i know all of them are made in China, just look for the ones made to European or American specs).
now modifying the ATX is the crucial part, the only problem is that not all the power packs you will find will have the exact same design but if you are comfortable with electronics, you should be able to figure out why to put the potentiometer.

Please give me about 24hours i'll do my best to put out a really illustrative piece.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2009
ALL, season 3 here we go again. this will b a season of discovery and better things to come.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2009
Welcome all to Season 3
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2009
OLOFOFO, I went to confirm from a very reliable source that Darsat is operating on Intersat 901 .would let the house know the frequency to use when tracking .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ Gangsta101
Go ahead and try it out, but i think Jsc + is down now.
Its not included in the official release.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ken007(m): 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2009
@Gangsta101 (m)
THANKS I WILL BE LOKING FOWARD FOR UR RESPONSE.

CHEERS grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by SATMAN(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2009
hi olason,
daarsat is on intelsat 907 west.
frequencies are 11675 v 30000 & 11555 v 30000

pls track it and tell us your findings
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ olofofo/butoneday/enigma
u guys should help me research on diseq usual motors. I ve one that i want to install, got it from my brother from uk,though not new one but it is working well and i need to install it. So far this is how far i ve gone but i need an understandable guideline from u guys; http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/images/motor/image001.png&imgrefurl=http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/index.php%3Fmodule%3Dpagemaster%26PAGE_user_op%3Dview_page%26PAGE_id%3D53%26MMN_position%3D56:56&usg=__X5Nft4dRMTro6Vle-cX7ilkAtU0=&h=292&w=491&sz=81&hl=en&start=3&sig2=l79dPXRi8L8THIXCgv0OdA&tbnid=7PxtxBtQP2CkCM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=130&ei=dt6vSdHJDMec_gbmzrHDBA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhow%2Bto%2Bsetup%2Ba%2Bdiseq%2Bmotor%26hl%3Den

olofofo is jsc sport back? Got this site for my starsat http://www.sat-mac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=398
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2009
@Pitodenz,
Check the following website too, on installation of USALS motors _http://www.usals.information/inglese/home.htm_.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2009
@satman

Your profile indicates you are female. But your ID is SATMAN. I hope I'm not mistaken. And thanks for the info on Daarsat
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by urfriend(m): 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
hi
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by SATMAN(m): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2009
Hi Salamander,

well am female and i just felt like using that profile name.please track the daarsat frequencies and give update on the channels that are on it.it's a west african beam and also it's MPEG 4.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ All
Did notice that BBC Prime is not showing since yesterday perhaps when I get home will check
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ jossybless
BBC Prime never went off,
Check your system,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ All
Please confirm, is showtime down?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2009
art down on new update but later came up around 7pm today.Olofofo thanks a million.
ola if daarsat is on intelsat 901 then all should try to track 18 degree west but its on c band ooooo.if they are on c band then dem no no wetin dem dey do for that daarsat.DTH should be on smaller dish and mostly on ku band.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
Kee007:
am using this medium to congratulate all member wellcome to sesason 3 of fta.
@have not had anything coment fro enitan ooooooooooooooooooooooo . where u dey come on board now.
@ F_Marshal .am also interesested on the ups stuff ooo, how can i get more infon on goggle group,pls shed more light on that
cheers
[color=#990000][/color]
Please, direct your questions to Nash-FTA and Gangsta101. They are in a better position to help you. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2009
[Quote author=George_D]Bros, it's not exactly as hard as you think. And you don't need to tunnel through the earth to recieve
either satellite (as you seem to suggest), at least not from my location anyway. Check out the alignment
section of the fastsatfinder software I made available in the google group. Input my co-ordinates (5.59N lat, 5.71E long) and you'll discover that both birds are on my horizon:

Star One C2 (70,0°W)   268.579 ° Azimuth   5.562 °  Elevation
EchoStar 3 (61,5°W)   267.656 ° Azimuth   14.245 ° Elevation

All that is remaining now is the dish size that will match the EIRP of the transponders
We have gone past the stage where we make unsubstantiated claims in our posts. Not with the array of
installation gadgets and tracking softwares we have at our disposal in this forum.

So, once again, anyone care to join me?

[/quote]
@ the highlighted, and hence my comment "Anyway, nothing is impossible sha!"
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2009
right now showtime is down again despite the latest patch.lets wait and see what will happen b4 2mrw morning but art is on now so lets wait and see.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2009
showtime is down in abracadabra card!!!!
i got a new patch for jsc sport for strong. Check it out in g-group , hope it works.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by boogieman2(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2009
hi,
pls can you guys tell me what is the best stb receiver to buy
in nigeria and where to get it. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2009
@Satman
Freq 3809 SR 4326 V 12 channels @ Intel 901
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2009
new update for jsc on strong receiver is available ,posted on 5-3-09.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 06, 2009
@ enigma, happy birthday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.