Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260966 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2009
@ all, please kindly tell the house the kind of c band lnb that you used cos i have tried viasat with the c band lnb that i have but to no avail.please do or better still u can send the pictures or mail me at olatufu@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2009
@ all, please i need a dvb s2 pci card for multi tv.if there is anyone that can help me on how to get one should please call me on 2348034979300. thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2009
my first post goes to all members that has tried viasat with 90cm successfully.thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2009
@litaninja, pls were did u get the dvb s2 pci card at computer village? i need it urgently.pls my number is 2348034979300.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2009
@sirus
Cote dlvoire vs Burkina faso on occa africa
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2009
adewest:

@ olofofo,
Oga how well did u go with the installation ?

postponed till Tuesday. i will call you for more training. somebody said it might be impossible to get showsport afterwards. what do you think

@litanaija
thanks for the call. Bodejohn posted the files you will need for it to view HD transmission with the dvb-s card some days ago.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sege2: 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2009
hi, if i can't use HITV for FTA what else can i use?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2009
@ ola, were u able to make it to oga's place today. @ all, my strong decoder woke up suddenly from nt detecting signal. My crtv aint breaking again.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mosespeter: 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2009
3 gbosa 2 the house, as a new member can i call d moderator 4 more details?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by harra(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2009
hello everyone
any hope of getting etv back on intelsat 7/10ku east?
pls i need update.
paulexdot@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2009
@all,france vs romania live on TV5&DIRECT8 via nss7 enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by harra(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2009
what most pple enjoy on fta is English speaking stations
any on 60/90mm dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2009
Hi my people, do we hav any member of this forums that also com 4rm akure just like i was? If yes pls, let me no so that can work together.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 06, 2009
Who says one cant watch two different polarisation using a single lnb with a disecq switch? I am, using d switch to a monoblock lnb, am now able to watch different pols on my eurostar and strong boxes. More info later.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2009
harra:

hello everyone
any hope of getting etv back on intelsat 7/10ku east?
pls i need update.
paulexdot@yahoo.com

@harra,
Forget about etv. What do you need that loud mouth station for when you can
get multi-tv for free?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by german007(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2009
@ George d.

Bros . Can you pls tender your evidence?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2009
@german007,

Which evidence are you talking about?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ Olofofo & Olatufu: Sorry i could not get back yesterday, no power supply. The USB DVB-S card was purchased at City-Link at the computer village (It is the same street where GTB bank is within computer village itself.
Just make your way to GTB then cross the street -> turn right -> it is the last store by the left housed in a storey building).
I cant find the receipt, so address no dey my hand now, i'll try hunting for it.

Please note though, we still have not been able to get it to pick up a full signal yet, its kinda jumping around 30 - 40 %. Thats a step further from it not even working at all in the first place. The drivers and device seemed to be generic from LME and other companies just mould a box around it. If anyone has a similar device, i'll appreciate any helps or tips on getting it up and running, cuz the srt466x has about 80% signal on the same cable and channels are working fine but when i plug the cable in the dvb box, the signal does not exceed 40%. Also, the box is DVB-S (not dvb-s2), i think software can work around this , but i have not checked yet.

@ Segunfms: tanx for the offer. We wan chop now. I'll txt you once done here and try to setup a meeting with you. I'm at Ikotun area presently, its close to you right? Can i bring the laptop and dvb box over? Also, did you have any problems with the pci card reducing your signal strength?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ litaninja, jst go straight to the point. How much did u get it? Simple as A,B,C.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2009
@Enitan2002: The price did not even occur to me tongue. We bought our for bout #6,500. The store is not mine, so i no need hide the price. Are you happy now cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2009
somebody said it might be impossible to get showsport afterwards. what do you think

@ Olofofo,

i don't get it. You mean with 4m dish or what ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ litaninja, u shld av gone 4 d pci type instead of the usb. Some guys had problem with the usb type when they wanna use it for offline fishing. But if u are good in IT u can maneuvre ur way.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sylve11: 4:05pm On Sep 06, 2009
adewest:

@ Geoge d.
your condemn supermax c-band can still do better by simlply reversing the polarity of the bandwith on your box and repositioning the dielectric the other way round.

i posted something similar to this some time ago to George D cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 5:06pm On Sep 06, 2009
George_D:

@adewest,
You mean I should change it to 10 o'clock position and reverse V to H?
The strong c band I used to replace the supermax is positioned at the
10 o'clock but the dielectric position is same like for the supermax.

@ George_D.

Invert the insertion of ur dielectric in such a way that the dielectric will no longer be parallel to electronic module of the the c-band, ie the electronic module forming a cross-t above the inserted dielectric. By so doing,the whole polarity within the bandwidth of such LNB is inverted from H-V or V-H and vice-versal on the receiver wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2009
@adewest,
I get it now. Thanks for the info. I will try it when I get back to town.
It will be a huge relief for me if I can still use that supermax lnb as it
boosts signal very much more than strong.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2009
@Segunfms: Chairman, tanx a bunch for the help and hospitality. This proves to everybody that this forum is more than just mere fooling round on the net but actual networking of like minds who are passionate about a particular subject. We tried the box again here but it still came up with the low signal problem. So right now someone is up on the tank support tracking w4 and Astra2 series so we can confirm if it'll work on a signal we already know it does. I'm sure that we shall overcome. smiley)
Also, as soon as i get that serial i'll let you now immediately. Have a great week ahead.

@Enitan2002: I'm actually good with IT. Thing with the usb is that, i use a lappie as my major workstation nowadays and i also get to move my equipment from place to place, so a usb that i can move around only seems sensible. Taanx for the heads up tho, cuz we've actually been having probs just trying to get it to work just view tv already. But i'm sure we'll fix it. Went down to Segunfms's place today, cuz he uses the same card typs and he generously offered to help out. It worked just fine there and we were able to watch channels on MultiTV and CRTV, so i know now that the usb card works just fine. We'll try to work out our problems here.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ALL: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy wink shocked lipsrsealed :PAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry for the madness!!!! The DVB-s CARD DON WORK O!!!!!!!!
Special tanx goes to Segunfms for his help in testing the card to make sure it works and sharing his config with us!!!! It is confirmed, everybody hurry to ikeja buy a decent desktop and a dvb-s card!!!! OH boy e POWERFULL!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dapowales(m): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2009
"Dvb"eee Card works, thanks to you all, SegunFms , thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2009
@ George D
Follow adewest instruction and see how it goes. But i think u may end boosting Horizontal signals thereby loosing channels in Verticals tps like pulse,eatv and the rest. Just give it a try first and if it did work out for you look for the strong lnb i mentioned.
On ftb. I think is not a bad idea to pay for yf later than to be a free user. Reasons re
1. No hourly disconnection
2. Increase in bandwith(you can watch many fta online without freezing)
3. It very cheap compare to all our providers.
4. Its still ftb cos you re not paying any provider
5. You can enter any site no matter the restriction(very good for hackers)
For ur info its the yellow guys that upgraded,has nothing to do with yf guys. I manage to still get a loop hole ip after very long hours of pinging. This is the fastest internet connection i ever use,imagine watching sky sports and over 1000 channels from net for free. But u ve to get 3g to speed up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 07, 2009
@ pit, i need a working ip of the yhello guys.
@ litaninja, na d card i will go for on the long run.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 5:20am On Sep 07, 2009
@pitodenz, is like i hv interest in that online free view of station could u give me the detail info on it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2009
@ George

It started to rain five minutes after my arrival, I couldn’t do the tracking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.