Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260979 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2009
@all inter vrs barca mbc3 lyon vrs flor tvm madagascar.enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2009
solo1ng1 link=topic=242036.msg4555179#msg4909 date=Today at 12:56:51 AM:

@all
am not sure if its possible to watch 2 different channel on 1 decorder i think George_d mentioned it some months back but noe sure is it possible?

@solo1ng1,
Of course you can watch more than one channels on the same decoder. Or do you mean more than one satellite on the same decoder? Even that is also possible. All you need is a diseqc switch to link the satellites together.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2009
I was about asking what tv malagasy is airing, what i know is that they most air french team matches. Where is segunfms now? Any station airing arsenal-olason, reply me asap.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2009
Boewulf:

good day y'all, being a long long while, this is gonna be a rather long post so i crave your indulgence. still a noob with this fta thing, just want to get some "clarifier" to enable me. being going throught the previous seasons post but still have a long way to go (the forum is quite prolific, there are over 350 overwhelming pages in all). an installer installed like majority of the sats but what i want to know is can i get the much coveted nilesat using a mesh dish. have the installer strong mesh dish and an orbitron mesh dish carried over from c-band dstv (not too certain of the dish sizes but i think the orbitron may be 1.8 or 2.4 and the strong 2.4 or 3 not really certain) i reside in makurdi, also what is the best lnb and stb to use, have a house strong 4652 but wouldn't want to tamper with that too much. i can take bearings from the working installations and coupled with the directions obtained from here, i think i have a chance. also regarding the nilesat, do i need extra stuff (like a cam) to enjoy the nilesat's or are the firmware updates sufficient? also going through previous posts, i came across something about dead irdeto cards, can i get an info regarding this as a dstv c-band and card are lying around and i would really like to get some sort of salvage value. another question, i would like to know if i can motorise my orbitron mesh dish (pictures attached) as it seems that the bottom configuration is kinda different from that of the strong that supports the motor. these are a lot of question and i would be very grateful for any help thrown my way. is the dstv 90cm dish and universal lnb of any use in fta?

@Boewulf,
1. You cannot get nilesat with a mesh dish in makurdi. You need a solid dish (pan or fibre of at least 1.8m and above).
2. For best lnb use FUJI and for best decoder use STRONG 4663X.
3. You don't necessarily need a cam or firmware updates to enjoy nilesat. There are enough free stations there to keep you entertained.
4. Forget about your dead c-band dstv card. It's futile trying to use it for FTA.
5. Yes, you can motorise your orbitron. It will take a little bit of ingenuity on your part. Take an experienced welder and have him study a working COMSTAR or any other motorised dish. Fabricate a neck that will match the size of your orbitron. Ensure you allow enough slack for adjusting the declination/elevation angle and lastly let him include where to mount the jack.
6. Yes. The DSTV dish and lnb are still very much useful. You can use the them to track any FTA satellite of your choice from intelsat 7/10 ku to astra 2b.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2009
Paps1:

@fellow Ghanaians where can i get showtime, hitv cards.or has anyone got an idea. @usher8701 does it mean dat i have to get any of the cards before e software works

I explained to you how it works. if you want to use irdeto card ( showtime card ), you have to install irdeto software for that to work.you can't install conex software eg hitv card, and expect showtime card to work. you can ask olofofo to explain more to you ok.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2009
@ALL: Great Soccer feeds on Sirus 4, Blind Scan people, Blind Scan O!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 5:41am On Sep 17, 2009
Kudos 2 all gurus in da house,infact i jst wnt commend d gr8 wrk u'v been doin&i say mor power 2 ur elbow.Plz cn any1 explain dis,i tried trackin sirius with d strng tp: given 2 me bt discvrd my dish cnt track below sat of 20`d satlite,so i wnt 4 intel907 @28.5`e gtten jst crtv,plz is dr any tp apart 4rm crtv'fd? I bought em 3yrs ago Plzzz hlp.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 6:30am On Sep 17, 2009
@ let us thank God, with all this our achivment in this forums, it show that God is in our side. Moreover this sirius 4 no be small thing Oooo, imagin 1 bird show 3 live match @ a time,
@monsterq pls check d alignment of ur dish or bring down ur dish $ chainge position of the srew
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 6:38am On Sep 17, 2009
@litaninja, olatiler. I need ur help regardin sirus 4. I want to track it but i want to know the type of dish u use in trackin it. I hv tried it with that small dish of hitv, but to no avail. I want to retry today, so ur respond is needed
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2009
George_D:

@solo1ng1,
Of course you can watch more than one channels on the same decoder. Or do you mean more than one satellite on the same decoder? Even that is also possible. All you need is a diseqc switch to link the satellites together.

@George,
Tnx. Pls what do you see to this SRT 4910? is it the same as the daarsat mpeg4 decoder? which one do you advice i buy between the SRT 4910 and daarsat decoder? Am about to buy the daarsat, but maybe i should just wait a little for the SRT,
Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by phizz: 7:16am On Sep 17, 2009
hello awse, can i get the sr4910 decoder from alaba?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2009
Can anybody in ghana help me to get mtn line from ghana. I ll need as many as you can roam. Also from Benin republic. I need it all roamed. I know this is off topic but without ftb many of us may not be able to contribute always. @ Enitan- I need ur assistance most from french guys since u understand the language and u stay almost at the boarder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 7:43am On Sep 17, 2009
@ Emeritus153: You did not state your location. But if you are in Lagos, You should be able to track it with a 40cm, cuz thats what i'm using. Use the strongest freq on it to track. I used 12605 v 29950. Double check to make sure you have everything setup properly.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2009
@litaninja, i stay in ibadan also thanks for those infomation. If there is anything still necessary pls don't esitate to tell me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2009
@ all,
in as much as i dont want to accept the fact that daarsat decoder is ok, this is something i have to let you know, in case of technology advancement, it is better u all go for daarsat decoder.

" pit,
zain internet line rocks with yf, thats what have been using for more than 2 months, and its so superb when am on 3G coverage zone.
soorry to let you you know that am no longer at the border, am back to lagos now, and likely to the south-south region is few months time. If your zain line is wap configured and not internet, try to switch back to internet and get back to me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2009
Daarsat is far far better than Strong decoders, reason: I will let you know that, cos am about going out. when am back, i will let you guys know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 8:42am On Sep 17, 2009
enitan2002:

@ all,
in as much as i dont want to accept the fact that daarsat decoder is ok, this is something i have to let you know, in case of technology advancement, it is better u all go for daarsat decoder.

" pit,
zain internet line rocks with yf, thats what have been using for more than 2 months, and its so superb when am on 3G coverage zone.
soorry to let you you know that am no longer at the border, am back to lagos now, and likely to the south-south region is few months time. If your zain line is wap configured and not internet, try to switch back to internet and get back to me.

@enitan
My brother how are you doing pls kindly forward the settings to my mail box joadekunle@yahoo.com so I can rock the yf tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Best Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2009
@all,

coco update is available @ the g group for all members .enjoy while it lasts.

@butoneday,

i de hail o.i have not forgotten about our issue.i will get in touch with u soonest.

@george d,

i have even discovered a new stuff about what we discussed earlier.infact its the best option than i earlier advised.it was when i went to search

around for the c band stuff that i discoverd we even have a dual purpose type that is ready made availabe in the market.i will keep u posted sha.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 9:26am On Sep 17, 2009
enitan2002:

Daarsat is far far better than Strong decoders, reason: I will let you know that, cos am about going out. when am back, i will let you guys know.

@enitan,

Pls explain, am about buying daarsat for multitv viewing,
thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2009
@All

for the past two days that MyTV is open i have been watching their programs, it's actually crap.  Even the movies on MBCs, Vox, Go Africa LCF are better even with the french language. At least the air current movies, apart from the Nigerian movies which they don't air and who cares.

FTA forever. Live Football Matches, current action movies - soaps, music, documentaries, news.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2009
@all, is there any way to connect my daarbox to my neighbour's tv. I know Strong decoder is easy to connect cos it has rf out. Please i need assistant
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:20am On Sep 17, 2009
@emeystan,
You obviously have not been reading my numerous posts. Please always try and pay attention to what I write. Even if you don't need the information at that point in time, take note of it and store it somewhere. It will help you when the time comes.
I explained in detail how to overcome daarsat no rf out problem some pages back. In any case, let me repeat myself.
Daarsat does not have an rf out port. So, to watch your channels in more than one room or to send to your neighbour, get an old VCR (either panasonic, sharp, philips, etc). Connect the AV in-to-in video from the daarsat decoder to the AV input of the VCR (video cassette recorder). Then connect the rf output of the VCR to your 2 or 4-way splitter and send to your neighbour.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 10:26am On Sep 17, 2009
just receive my daaarsat decoded

hoping to connect multi tv on saturday
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2009
@microgiant,
You have just discovered why those on motorised don't waste their money subscribing to mytv. The major thing that people watch on that bouquet is ait and why pay for something you can get free from intelsat 901/c? The movies are crap and no football. I was on to it sometime back because of baby tv but soon realised there are other kiddies channels to keep my little ones busy. These include nickolodeon jr on paksat 1, 4kids on astra 2b, smile of a child from intelsat 906/c and so on.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by phizz: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2009
zenus:

just receive my daaarsat decoded

hoping to connect multi tv on saturday
aw much does it cost?
is in the same direction as daarsat?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2009
solo1ng1:

@George,
Tnx. Pls what do you see to this SRT 4910? is it the same as the daarsat mpeg4 decoder? which one do you advice i buy between the SRT 4910 and daarsat decoder? Am about to buy the daarsat, but maybe i should just wait a little for the SRT,
Thanks.

@solo1ng1,
Please go for the daarsat decoder. While srt 4910 may appear loaded with more features, the high price of 55K is a very big discouraging factor. In contrast, the daarsat will give you what you want for a very reasonable price (18K). The only disadvantage is it does not have a blind scan and I think that is not a big deal either.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2009
@ Enitan- As far as internet connection is concern,yellow boys rocks. I ll try to create an internet provision with zain and get bk to u. But zain hardly get a steady gprs connection in ph not to talk of 3g. My yellow line still work with yf but the connection mode is not realiable. Yellow lines from other countries still work with udp mode which is the best connection mode.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 10:41am On Sep 17, 2009
Thanks george_d, i will rush down to alaba today to get a second hand vcr
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:42am On Sep 17, 2009
@ Enitan- As far as internet connection is concern,yellow boys rocks. I ll try to create an internet provision with zain and get bk to u. But zain hardly get a steady gprs connection in ph not to talk of 3g. My yellow line still work with yf but the connection mode is not realiable. Yellow lines from other countries still work with udp mode which is the best connection mode.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by phizz: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2009
George_D:

@solo1ng1,
Please go for the daarsat decoder. While srt 4910 may appear loaded with more features, the high price of 55K is a very big discouraging factor. In contrast, the daarsat will give you what you want for a very reasonable price (18K). The only disadvantage is it does not have a blind scan and I think that is not a big deal either.
i no buy sr4910 again oooooo
lol,
then aw do i get to do the scan on it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2009
@all is this what my tv is about.no current movies,football yet u pay.i pity those on my tv.peace to Fta members
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:47am On Sep 17, 2009
@pitodenz,
Men! Na wao! e be like say those yf guys dey collude with yello to block us out o!
How come only yello lines from our country cannot connect with udp and those from
other countries can go through? This na foul play ooo! shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.