Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

For Southerners Only - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Southerners Only (8783 Views)

For Southerners. / Is Grazing Bill A Death Sentence For Southerners? / An Online Vote For Southerners Support For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Southerners Only by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
Ambode appointment another Igbo man today, that is a good gesture.

I wish to witness a day an Igbo governor will appoint a Yoruba to his cabinet.

Even elrufai appointed Yorubas to his government.

Please why is the relationship one sided, don't you guys think its time igbos let go of the past and begin to corporate politically with the Yorubas.

The Igbo in Jonathan government made him to lose to Buhari, they brainwash the man to relegate the Yoruba.

Brb, but before I do, what do you guys think.

Is time Igbos and Yorubas begin to work together.[/quote]

Until i see that happen in ekiti, osun, oyo, ogun, and ondo i wont take U guys serious. Lagos remains a no mans land hence its administration should be all inclusive of all tribes, considering that all tribes contributed to Lagos development.

By the way, Am not decived by Ambode's move, he did it to distract Igbo people's attention from the attrocities he is committing at ladipo..

He is trying hard to disguise as not being an Igbo hater, am sure he know igbos are not foolish and no number of appointments will change what has been done hence we will respond at the right time.

As for the appointment, its no big deal because even the most Igbo hating government in Lagos will not dare sideline lgbos in the administration of lagos because igbos are If not the largest, the second largest ethnic group in Lagos.no wise government can afford to ignore them cos he will need their numerical strenght in times.of election.

Meanwhile Lagos remains a no mans land, indigenous to some yoruba tribes, badagary, ijaw and some slave returnees. Coquered by the british and made a british colony, became Nigeria's capital and now have almost been bought up by the igbos.so igbos are equal stakeholders in Lagos and if e pain you, u can jump into the lagoon... grin

4 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by UnknownT: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

That is not my intention to appear one sided.

I believe there is not permanent friend in politics but permanent interest. I am just saying as the new generation, is it not time we change.
Everything you wrote in that OP became null and void with the "one-sidedeness" of your post

4 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
samobo:

Please why is the relationship one sided, don't you guys think its time igbos let go of the past and begin to corporate politically with the Yorubas.

The Igbo in Jonathan government made him to lose to Buhari, they brainwash the man to relegate the Yoruba.

Is time Igbos and Yorubas begin to work together.

Until i see that happen in ekiti, osun, oyo, ogun, and ondo i wont take U guys serious. Lagos remains a no mans land hence its administration should be all inclusive of all tribes, considering that all tribes contributed to Lagos development.

By the way, Am not decived by Ambode's move, he did it to distract Igbo people's attention from the attrocities he is committing at ladipo..

He is trying hard to disguise as not being an Igbo hater, am sure he know igbos are not foolish and no number of appointments will change what has been done hence we will respond at the right time.

As for the appointment, its no big deal because even the most Igbo hating government in Lagos will not dare sideline lgbos in the administration of lagos because igbos are If not the largest, the second largest ethnic group in Lagos.no wise government can afford to ignore them cos he will need their numerical strenght in times.of election.

Meanwhile Lagos remains a no mans land, indigenous to some yoruba tribes, badagary, ijaw and some slave returnees. Coquered by the british and made a british colony, became Nigeria's capital and now have almost been bought up by the igbos.so igbos are equal stakeholders in Lagos and if e pain you, u can jump into the lagoon... grin

I can say that its a curse for the Igbo man to brag....

Ambode can afford to sideline you all, that fact was made even more clear by the last elections.

But still he has shown not to be vindcitive grin

Cant you be positive for once in your life. Finally, if you don't insulting other sensitivities why will others respect yours.

Yeah my gf dad who is Igbo by the way owns a house in Lagos. I doubt if anybody in your lineage can afford a shop in Lagos though cheesy
Re: For Southerners Only by Bollove: 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
warrior01:
My Yoruba friend once called and advised me never to trust a Yoruba man and that's one advice I will never forget.
Yoruba are trained in Diplomacy through action, talks and behaviour .......... a saying goeth thus .... when it faces you ,shoot it .... when it back you shoot it but when it remain only you, have a rethink cheesy

thus a Yoruba can ask you to lets run together and he truly meant it but in last second rethought , he may decide the best option for such debacle is for you to run and he to walk ...... Tortoise right ....... The old are wise and the young ain't F.ool was the connector of cradle of IFE.

Yoruba aint lying he is just being Diplomatic ....... and no wise man would take the word of another person at his face value in this dispensation.
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
UnknownT:
Everything you wrote in that OP became null and void with the "one-sidedeness" of your post

Ok maybe you can assist to give the Igbo perspective to balance it.

Now can we as youths get along and change from the status quo from the past
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
Another reason I observe may be responsible for this is the migration pattern.

I am in Kaduna and there are lots of Yoruba here.

However I doubt if Yorubas migrate eastward apart from the SS. Why is this so?
Re: For Southerners Only by Duru1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:
I posted Monarchical system of government for Yoruba not communal system of government as you insinuated as for Igbo being Republican and lack Central control system like Yoruba .... My post also capture that aspect too .... Oya duru check what you quoted ... this time slow and easy ... cheesy .... we ain't in business competition bro grin

ahahahaha Igboman chaiiii.

I do not know what you seem to drink. Obaship is a monarch thus centralized while in Igbo land was communal form thus representative style. The representative style seemed to induce the individualistic tendencies often found among Igbo people because each person has a say in the running of the community.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by wordcat(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
UnknownT:
How can you make "peace" while blaming one person and painting the other as a saint. Is GEJ that handicapped that Igbos were telling him whom to appoint. About Ambode appointing an Igbo man, did he appoint an Igbo guy hawking on the streets? How many yorubas are in the east for appointment? or you want them to appoint all these ones selling "roots and herbs"(dr waters, abeokuta woman etc)? In this current administration, the Igbos are not expecting much from Buhari, so if after aligning with the north and Buhari now decides to relegate you guys to the background, don't go around blaming the Igbos. Nonsense

D earlier ndi offemmanu understand this, the better for them.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by omowolewa: 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
Let's start with southern governors' forum,
Southern Lawmakers' forum,
Respect for each others' rich culture.

Let the agenda be clear, Biafra or cooperation.
Let's set the agenda clear first. The issue of Oba of Lagos never came to the table until the issue of 'No man's Land' came up.
Re: For Southerners Only by macjive01: 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Op to what position did he appoint the Igbo man ?

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by wordcat(m): 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:

An Igbo man perform better on his own for real. ...... Yoruba folks perform better in Togetherness with one figure calling the shot.

Unfortunately, we have moved away from communal world , we are now in era of globalization, era of hot Diplomacy and alliances ..... No group can stand alone, You have to come with long spoon and wisdom to endear yourself to the heart of others and win for yourself some resources because communal resources ain't enough no more.

Well said.

Kudos

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by Duru1(m): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:
Igbo are self actualized folks and a man is usually an island of himself I.e Igbo are individualistic in nature .... He brought his view to the communal gathering and no person dare fails to recognise such view.

Yoruba are "communalistic" in nature , na one person dey born pikin na one million dey nurture one .... Yoruba operate Monarchical Government thus what matter is collective opinion not individualistic opinion and you can be shut down if you dare speak for yourself and your household instead of the whole society/community.

Igbo in my own view seem to be the majorly odd of all ethnic group in Nigeria because they are different from the rest due to the fact that they are the only group that abhor Central leadership system.

It will be difficult for Igbo and other ethnic group to work together for a long while cuz an average Igbo man wasn't trained to take instruction but gives , he can't follow you for long without that urge to lead you cuz he believe you ain't doing it right , an average Igboman is his own king in his own right , for Good or for bad , he love to be in control of his destiny not someone barking orders at him .... he doesn't care whether he does it right or wrong or who is affected negatively or positively ...... He does as his CHI directed him.

Ideology of Igbo and Yoruba in all parameters differs but there are many common grounds that bigotry and hatred has dis-enable them from exploring ..... The whole Southern Nigeria is suffering their lack of cooperation.

An Igbo man perform better on his own for real. ...... Yoruba folks perform better in Togetherness with one figure calling the shot.

Unfortunately, we have moved away from communal world , we are now in era of globalization, era of hot Diplomacy and alliances ..... No group can stand alone, You have to come with long spoon and wisdom to endear yourself to the heart of others and win for yourself some resources because communal resources ain't enough no more.

The bolded is arrant nonsense. Ndiigbo would prefer Republic of Igbo Land to the jungle called Nigeria. Germans are doing fine in Germany, Japanese are doing marvelously well in Japan and Italians are graciously okay in Italy. There is no doubt in my mind that Ndiigbo will be okay in Republic of Igbo Land. Who wants a sworn enemy as compatriot?

7 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by cjrane: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
[size=15pt]Please, Yoruba people should stop calling other people f00ls.

When they are getting their way, they know they are YORUBA, NOT SOUTHERNER, but when they get burnt in their treacherous plot, they are suddenly "southerners"

Abeg, there are NO "SOUTHERNERS" IN NIGERIA.

We have Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik Urhobo etc.
Stop your stale lies, we ain't f00ls! [/size]

9 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:
Igbo are self actualized folks and a man is usually an island of himself I.e Igbo are individualistic in nature .... He brought his view to the communal gathering and no person dare fails to recognise such view.

Yoruba are "communalistic" in nature , na one person dey born pikin na one million dey nurture one .... Yoruba operate Monarchical Government thus what matter is collective opinion not individualistic opinion and you can be shut down if you dare speak for yourself and your household instead of the whole society/community.

Igbo in my own view seem to be the majorly odd of all ethnic group in Nigeria because they are different from the rest due to the fact that they are the only group that abhor Central leadership system.

It will be difficult for Igbo and other ethnic group to work together for a long while cuz an average Igbo man wasn't trained to take instruction but gives , he can't follow you for long without that urge to lead you cuz he believe you ain't doing it right , an average Igboman is his own king in his own right , for Good or for bad , he love to be in control of his destiny not someone barking orders at him .... he doesn't care whether he does it right or wrong or who is affected negatively or positively ...... He does as his CHI directed him.

Ideology of Igbo and Yoruba in all parameters differs but there are many common grounds that bigotry and hatred has dis-enable them from exploring ..... The whole Southern Nigeria is suffering their lack of cooperation.

The Igbos in Delta joined forces with the Ijaws to give Okowa victory.
You don't tell us how we relate to our neighbours.
Just because we don't relate well generally with the yorubas vice versa, does not mean we are and are not willing to form alliances with the ethnic groups of the lower niger.

6 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
omowolewa:
Let's start with southern governors' forum,
Southern Lawmakers' forum,
Respect for each others' rich culture.

Let the agenda be clear, Biafra or cooperation.
Let's set the agenda clear first. The issue of Oba of Lagos never came to the table until the issue of 'No man's Land' came up.

How does bringing up your monarch's threat help your argument? There is no justification for that man's gutter behaviour.

6 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by Bollove: 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Duru1:

The bolded is arrant nonsense. Ndiigbo would prefer Republic of Igbo Land to the jungle called Nigeria. Germans are doing fine in Germany, Japanese are doing marvelously well in Japan and Italians are graciously okay in Italy. There is no doubt in my mind that Ndiigbo will be okay in Republic of Igbo Land. Who wants a sworn enemy as compatriot?
I have known you for a long time Duru and inconsistency usually bedevilled your assertion. Afam too.

I already capture your assertion above in my Original post you quoted ....... look closely again you will see it there.

All said Duru, The world is coming together like never before because of huge population, greediness and limited resources to satisfy all. If Igbo have their nation and Government , I believe Ndigbo will perform better (I capture this in my Original post) but Ndigbo would still reach out to others in Eastern/Western coast as well as the North up to the Saharan Desert .......

I want to limit this debate to the possibility of fusion between Yoruba and Igbo as conceived by the Op and not to deviate entirely to Indigbo and Nigeria.
Re: For Southerners Only by tonychristopher: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
UnknownT:
How can you make "peace" while blaming one person and painting the other as a saint. Is GEJ that handicapped that Igbos were telling him whom to appoint. About Ambode appointing an Igbo man, did he appoint an Igbo guy hawking on the streets? How many yorubas are in the east for appointment? or you want them to appoint all these ones selling "roots and herbs"(dr waters, abeokuta woman etc)? In this current administration, the Igbos are not expecting much from Buhari, so if after aligning with the north and Buhari now decides to relegate you guys to the background, don't go around blaming the Igbos. Nonsense

when I was in Fernando po we call this statement

se finito

you just summerised it so everybody should go home and sleep

end of discussion

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

"Good fences make good neighbours"

5 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by tonychristopher: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:
I have known you for a long time Duru and inconsistency usually bedevilled your assertion. Afam too.

I already capture your assertion above in my Original post you quoted ....... look closely again you will see it there.

All said Duru, The world is coming together like never before because of huge population, greediness and limited resources to satisfy all. If Igbo have their nation and Government , I believe Ndigbo will perform better (I capture this in my Original post) but Ndigbo would still reach out to others in Eastern/Western coast as well as the North up to the Saharan Desert .......

I want to limit this debate to the possibility of fusion between Yoruba and Igbo as conceived by the Op and not to deviate entirely to Indigbo and Nigeria.

ojukwu had answers to this your utopian dream hevdaid and I quote

it's better to love ourselves apart than been together and fight

so choose
Re: For Southerners Only by UnknownT: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

when I was in Fernando po we call this statement

se finito

you just summerised it so everybody should go home and sleep

end of discussion
lol. Oya call on the admin (Seun) or his mods (Ishilove, Lalasticlala) to lock the thread and throw away the key grin
Re: For Southerners Only by tonychristopher: 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
In my little sojourn in Life, I have found out that my closest friends are either Igbo or from the south south south.

I have seen Yorubas and Igbo collabos work so well I began to understand why God created Yorubas and Igbos close in the south.

Now, so far the Hausa have controlled this country because igbos and Yorubas don't seem to get along when it comes to politics.

the day igbo will appoint Yoruba in east or south south is the day the yorubas start adding value there..or do u want igbo governors to appoint agbo seller or the taxi driver our of sentiment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Southerners Only by tonychristopher: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
UnknownT:
lol. Oya call on the admin (Seun) or his mods (Ishilove, Lalasticlala) to lock the thread and throw away the key grin

I agree with you..let us sweep it under the carpet
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bollove:

As cherry as the relationship between canada and Usa is, they have not merged into one country.
All the tribes will perform better independently.

4 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

This is a wonderful thread. However, many of us had thought that you Yorubas would make use of GEJ's administration to cement this unity. That golden opportuinity was thrown to the winds. Now, we are back to square one.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by asha80(m): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
Op who told you ambode appointed an igboman?
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Chiwude:
This is a wonderful thread. However, many of us had thought that you Yorubas would make use of GEJ's administration to cement this unity. That golden opportuinity was thrown to the winds. Now, we are back to square one.

GEJ himself threw it to the wind.

See until we start to respective each other sensitives this will not stop. GEJ was able to woo Tinubu in 2011, the SW voted for him massively cause we see as a southern president.

Alas what did he do when he got into power, he relegated the SW to nothing.

The blame is actually GEJ cause he caused his own down fall. He however realized it but too late, 6 months to elections he relocated to SW nd was everywhere from the Obas palaces to OPC shrines to Pastors churches. But then its too late cause majority had made up their mind. His major goof was during Anambra elections.
Re: For Southerners Only by xmich(m): 9:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
SOUNDKING:
the op deserves a heavy slap from the "Igbo Giant".

Like seriously the guy a special striking from Amadioha

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by FreeGlobe(f): 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
In my little sojourn in Life, I have found out that my closest friends are either Igbo or from the south south south.

I have seen Yorubas and Igbo collabos work so well I began to understand why God created Yorubas and Igbos close in the south.

Now, so far the Hausa have controlled this country because igbos and Yorubas don't seem to get along when it comes to politics.

Now the north has completed relegated same yorubas. why always yorubas

8 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Gosh......... is being stupid a way of life for you idiots wink
Re: For Southerners Only by omowolewa: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
You insult my King and you expected.....

fr3do:

How does bringing up your monarch's threat help your argument? There is no justification for that man's gutter behaviour.
Re: For Southerners Only by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

cheesy grin grin wink wink
Re: For Southerners Only by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
[quote author=NewNigeriaMind post=35411344][s]In my little sojourn in Life, I have found out that my closest friends are either Igbo or from the south south south.

Is time Igbos and Yorubas begin to work together.[[/s]/quote]

DEAD BRAIN TISSUES

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judges Arrest: ‘corruption, Not Judiciary Under attack’ - Presidency / Murtala Mohammed's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.