Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

For Southerners Only - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Southerners Only (8784 Views)

For Southerners. / Is Grazing Bill A Death Sentence For Southerners? / An Online Vote For Southerners Support For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
Personally I think Tinubu should present a strong Igbo candidate in 2019 from APC.

I also think the SW should support the candidate fully.
People may not like to hear this, but there's a trust issue with the Igbos. The Hausa and the Yoruba don't seem to trust them. Why is that, and how can that be resolved? You may not believe it, as a northerner when given the choice, I am more likely to go with the Yoruba than the Igbo, and most likely the Yoruba too will prefer a northerner to an easterner. As long as this logjam is not resolved the unity of Nigeria, and especially the position of the Igbo (politically) will always be at risk.
Re: For Southerners Only by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 03, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

GEJ himself threw it to the wind.

See until we start to respective each other sensitives this will not stop. GEJ was able to woo Tinubu in 2011, the SW voted for him massively cause we see as a southern president.

Alas what did he do when he got into power, he relegated the SW to nothing.

The blame is actually GEJ cause he caused his own down fall. He however realized it but too late, 6 months to elections he relocated to SW nd was everywhere from the Obas palaces to OPC shrines to Pastors churches. But then its too late cause majority had made up their mind. His major goof was during Anambra elections.
GEJ did not relegate the SW rather he opened his arms wide to all those who really saw him as their own. He knew the SW, SE, SS and NC played significant roles to his emergence as President and he compensated all accordingly. He returned the Speakership position and major ministerial positions to the SW. Had good rapport with SW Governors expecially Babatunde Fashola and that gesture led to the reconstruction and repair of numerous abandoned Federal owned infrastructures in the state. Prior to his misunderstanding with Tinubu, Lagos was his most visited state after his home state of Bayelsa. Unlike Obasanjo, he never seized Lagos state government allocation. And unlike Obj who was always manipulating Inec in rigging electoral results while coercing the judiciary to deny the mandate of South Westerners he never engaged in such impunity. It was on record that Tinubu's influence grew during his tenure. We all witnessed how the courts recovered the stolen mandate of virtually all the Governors of the SW apart from Lagos.
That you foolishly allow one man deceive you through his paid media outfits and propaganda machine isn't the fault of the SE. That you allow this same man due to his selfish political calculation sell your Speakership position to the north isn't the fault of the Igbos. Despite not holding the top 4 positions in the federation we Igbos still bore no grudges with GEJ, yet still supported his administration wholeheartedly.
We understood his position during the removal of fuel subsidy and knew the impact it will create on Nigerians in the long run. Even when obvious we were the hardest hit as a result of our yulitidal travel to the east (many stayed in their villages stranded for months due to the high cost of transport fares) we still didn't follow in your opposition motivated nationwide subsidy protest. What we did was give constructive criticism, while allays fears to what we saw as a good move coming at the wrong time. Today, isn't history repeating itself? From his comments and body language you could tell that President Buhari will do away with the subsidy baggage affecting fuel prices.
Would you protest this time around?
When GEJ in order to immortalize MKO Abiola and appease you folks and your reverred June 12th sent his approval to the senate to rename Unilag to Maulag, the same Tinubu paid media machine incited an uproar and before we could say jack almost everyone in your region supported a protest against him while some even went as far as calling for his impeachment. But what still baffles me is this. Did you expect MKO to be immortalized in the SE or North.
In short GEJ gave up on you guy long time ago.
So you see don't blame the SE/SS when they suspect this your new change of tune for a southern solidarity. We see it as suspicious.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2015
omowolewa:
You insult my King and you expected.....

your ceremonial king threatened the lives of Nigerians on nigerian soil.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
People may not like to hear this, but there's a trust issue with the Igbos. The Hausa and the Yoruba don't seem to trust them. Why is that, and how can that be resolved? You may not believe it, as a northerner when given the choice, I am more likely to go with the Yoruba than the Igbo, and most likely the Yoruba too will prefer a northerner to an easterner. As long as this logjam is not resolved the unity of Nigeria, and especially the position of the Igbo (politically) will always be at risk.

the well being of people who are called Nigerians is more important than the illusional unity of the state, they are under.
If this lack of trust and disunity is hindering development, why not split the country!

5 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
In my little sojourn in Life, I have found out that my closest friends are either Igbo or from the south south south.

I have seen Yorubas and Igbo collabos work so well I began to understand why God created Yorubas and Igbos close in the south.

Now, so far the Hausa have controlled this country because igbos and Yorubas don't seem to get along when it comes to politics.

Ambode appointment another Igbo man today, that is a good gesture.

I wish to witness a day an Igbo governor will appoint a Yoruba to his cabinet.

Even elrufai appointed Yorubas to his government.

Please why is the relationship one sided, don't you guys think its time igbos let go of the past and begin to corporate politically with the Yorubas.

The Igbo in Jonathan government made him to lose to Buhari, they brainwash the man to relegate the Yoruba.

Brb, but before I do, what do you guys think.

Is time Igbos and Yorubas begin to work together.

"""The Igbo in Jonathan government made him to
lose to Buhari, they brainwash the man to relegate
the Yoruba"""

Ur very idiotic to have said that.

Secondly, There are very extremely few Yoruba in SE n that's because Yoruba don't travel, they remain in South West lands.Besides only Lagos gave Igbo appointment, osun n Ogun n others didn't.

igbos get posts in Lagos because 40% - 50% of the Lagos populace is Igbo.

7 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

the well being of people who are called Nigerians is more important than the illusional unity of the state, they are under.
If this lack of trust and disunity is hindering development, why not split the country!
What are the ways of breaking the country? Explore for us; the last time it was attempted, reports say that over two million people died. Is there a way to go about it without going through war and deaths? Is there in the statutes somewhere that spell out how the entity could be dissolved? Spell us the ways and means for easy resolution.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by idu1(m): 10:02am On Jul 03, 2015
Humorclux:
Op carry your rubbish go put for dustbin.
Trash
my frd, is not rubbish....
Re: For Southerners Only by idu1(m): 10:02am On Jul 03, 2015
Humorclux:
Op carry your rubbish go put for dustbin.
Trash
my frd, is not rubbish....
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
What are the ways of breaking the country? Explore for us; the last time it was attempted, reports say that over two million people died. Is there a way to go about it without going through war and deaths? Is there in the statutes somewhere that spell out how the entity could be dissolved? Spell us the ways and means for easy resolution.

there is a proces called referendum, where people vote to decide if they should remain in a country or not.
Biafrans leaving Nigeria wasn't the cause of the war, it was their resources they were taking along with them.

The trillion naira question is:
who does the oil found in SE & SS belong to and why? the community, the land owner or the entire country?

5 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by omowolewa: 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
Okay noted, na so you dey call Kings in your area? Where you from?

That case dey court (ICC). I wont like to comment much, abi?!! (((((yinmu)))))

fr3do:

your ceremonial king threatened the lives of Nigerians on nigerian soil.
Re: For Southerners Only by cjrane: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
[s]
MalcoImX:
[/s]

Another yeye yoruba goon. I suppose Igbos trust Yoruba with their lives grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If oil were in the north or SW in commercial quantities, your greedy folks would have since divided Nigeria. Not to talk about the fact they would not tolerate the sharing of their oil resources and giving their Igbo enemies the lion share citing a bogus census figure.
Yet this is precisely what the north and the Yorubas have connived to be doing in Nigeria..... and they get so angry if the people dare protest the robbery.

9 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
aguiyi:
how many yorubas have a house, business or lives in the east cool

Oya yoruba keep the answers coming

6 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
cjrane:
[s][/s]

Another yeye yoruba goon. I suppose Igbos trust Yoruba with their lives grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If oil were in the north or SW in commercial quantities, your greedy folks would have since divided Nigeria. Not to talk about the fact they would not tolerate the sharing of their oil resources and giving their Igbo enemies the lion share citing a bogus census figure.
Yet this is precisely what the north and the Yorubas have connived to be doing in Nigeria..... and they get so angry if the people dare protest the robbery.
Are these conjectures reply to my question or what? Are you suggesting that there won't be Nigeria after the oil? How sure are you? Are the Biafrans too not greedy to have included SS in their failed country, and the only reason for them is the oil? Why include SS in your country when they don't want to be in it?
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

there is a proces called referendum, where people vote to decide if they should remain in a country or not.
Biafrans leaving Nigeria wasn't the cause of the war, it was their resources they were taking along with them.

The trillion naira question is:
who does the oil found in SE & SS belong to and why? the community, the land owner or the entire country?
The UN Principle of Permanent Sovereignty over Natural Resources vested it in the hands of national governments to be used in the interest of their development and the well-being of the people (Nigerians) concerned.
The resources you're even harping on as the reason for Biafrans wanting to secede are not even found in Biafra. What you'd wanted to do was appropriate the resources of Nigeria in the SS as your own.
Re: For Southerners Only by cjrane: 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
[s]Are these conjectures reply to my question or what? Are you suggesting that there won't be Nigeria after the oil? How sure are you? Are in their rans too not greedy to have included SS in their failed country, and the only reason for them is the oil? Why include SS in your country when they don't want to be in it?[/s]
Another crap trying to evade the issue talking about SS/SE.

A Nlander wrote this and not a single yoruba person has been able to put forward any credible reason to disprove it. So i have adopted the message because i see you guys are uncomfortable with the truth being said.
OREMI22:

"When it comes to BIAFRA, the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis are the WORST hypocrites.

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT!

I know just like me, many of our people are not 100% convinced Biafra is the answer, while many others already are.

Therefore, we should agitate for a UN sponsored referendum on the Biafra issue .
Northern Ireland fought the British for 30 years for the independence of Northern Ireland, but the referendum proved that majority of the people wanted to stay in the UK. Likewise, the South Sudan's referendum proved majority of South Sudanese wanted to be in their own country.

Therefore, a United Nations sponsored referendum should be the demand to see if majority of our people support independence or to stay in Nigeria."- Oremi22 NLander

so the bitter truth is that OIL is the ONLY REASON Yorubas and Hausas want Nigeria so desperately while hating the peoples of Nigeria viciously.
I can tell you many Igbos are fine to be in their own country right now with or without SS. Can you say that about Yorubas? grin grin grin grin grin
yeye dey smell.....

4 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
cjrane:

The bitter truth is that OIL is the ONLY REASON Yorubas and Hausas want Nigeria.
I can tell you many Igbos are fine to be in their own country right now with or without SS. Can you say that about Yorubas? grin grin grin grin grin
yeye dey smell.....
So, there was no Nigeria before the oil or what?
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
cjrane:
[s][/s]

Another yeye yoruba goon. I suppose Igbos trust Yoruba with their lives grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
And what makes you think I am Yoruba?
Re: For Southerners Only by cjrane: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
So, there was no Nigeria before the oil or what?

The simple answer to a senseless question is YES.
Oil was discovered in 1956 and Nigeria was founded in 1960.
If the oil was not there, the north had already proclaimed they were not interested in independence nor being in the same country with the south. The discovery of oil in the south changed all that.

4 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by cjrane: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
And what makes you think I am Yoruba?

Which yoruba ever admits he is yoruba anymore?
I expect you to claim Ijaw,Benin, Tiv or Ibibio.As if that will deceive anyone.
Yeye pipul grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
cjrane:

The simple answer to a senseless question is YES.
Oil was discovered in 1956 and Nigeria was founded in 1960.
If the oil was not there, the north had already proclaimed they were not interested in independence nor being in the same country with the south. The discovery of oil in the south changed all that.
Nigeria founded in 1960, you sure? So, the people inhabiting the space prior to 1960 are called what? Are you a TANoid?
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
cjrane:

Which yoruba ever admits he is yoruba anymore?
I expect you to claim Ijaw,Benin, Tiv or Ibibio.As if that will deceive anyone.
Yeye pipul grin grin grin grin grin
Yoruba are proud people. I've never seen a Yoruba claiming those tribes you mentioned. On the contrary, I've seen many Igbos in Lagos who've become Yorubanized and are claiming Yoruba.
Re: For Southerners Only by cjrane: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
Nigeria founded in 1960, you sure? So, the people inhabiting the space prior to 1960 are called what? Are you a TANoid?

You must be silly if you didn't know Nigeria gained its independence and started existing as a country on 1st October,1960.
before, then all constituent nations of the territory were governed as a British protectorate or colony. What every name you prefer.

If you don't know that much, please go back to elementary school. I don't have time for kids.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
cjrane:

You must be silly if you didn't know Nigeria gained its independence and started existing as a country on 1st October,1960.
before, then all constituent nations of the territory were governed as a British protectorate or colony. What every name you prefer.

If you don't know that much, please go back to elementary school.
Whose centenary did Jonathan celebrate, Biafra's? Flora Shaw (Lugard's girlfriend or wife), having been smitten by the love of Lord Lugard looked at all of you (Igbo inclusive), and said I'd love to call them Nigeria and it stayed. Nigeria was a creation of the spirit of love, and there's nothing you can do. In all the writings of Lord Lugard and Flora Shaw there is no mention of Biafra, not even once. So, he and she didn't know that.
cjrane, pls be serious. History is not a matter of semantics or personal opinion. Don't come here twisting history to suit your secessionists ideas.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
The UN Principle of Permanent Sovereignty over Natural Resources vested it in the hands of national governments to be used in the interest of their development and the well-being of the people (Nigerians) concerned.
The resources you're even harping on as the reason for Biafrans wanting to secede are not even found in Biafra. What you'd wanted to do was appropriate the resources of Nigeria in the SS as your own.

Last time I checked, the place now called Akwa Ibom was part of Eastern Nigeria and was also in Biafra during the war.
Biafra does not stop in Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

Last time I checked, the place now called Akwa Ibom was part of Eastern Nigeria and was also in Biafra during the war.
Biafra does not stop in Igbo land.
Did they think, feel, consider themselves Biafrans? I am now seeing some threads in the Politics Board of some tribes in the former Eastern Nigeria, all saying they're not Biafrans. Check it out!
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
Did they think, feel, consider themselves Biafrans? I am now seeing some threads in the Politics Board of some tribes in the former Eastern Nigeria, all saying they're not Biafrans. Check it out!

assuming that the authors of those threads are trully from the places they claim to be from, they do not speak for their people.

You and I know that whether they join the Igbos or not, once the we are out, they would also want out, and the resources you are so concerned about will go with them.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

assuming that the authors of those threads are trully from the places they claim to be from, they do not speak for their people.

You and I know that whether they join the Igbos or not, once the we are out, they would also want out, and the resources you are so concerned about will go with them.
Why won't Biafra agitate without coopting others who don't want to be part of the union? Biafra isn't going about it scientifically. If this neighbors don't want to be part of the union, and they don't trust you, the first step to overcoming this hurdle is to find out why they are sceptical about the project. You've tried this route before and it doesn't work, why not abandon it or research why it failed.
Re: For Southerners Only by Duru1(m): 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bollove:
I have known you for a long time Duru and inconsistency usually bedevilled your assertion. Afam too.

I already capture your assertion above in my Original post you quoted ....... look closely again you will see it there.

All said Duru, The world is coming together like never before because of huge population, greediness and limited resources to satisfy all. If Igbo have their nation and Government , [b]I believe Ndigbo will perform better (I capture this in my Original post) but Ndigbo would still reach out to others in Eastern/Western coast as well as the North up to the Saharan Desert .......

[/b]I want to limit this debate to the possibility of fusion between Yoruba and Igbo as conceived by the Op and not to deviate entirely to Indigbo and Nigeria.

Are Germans not reaching out to other Europeans? When we get to the bridge we shall decide how to cross it. Nigeria is a practical joke and holds no future for the fused nationalities that formed it. I hold steadfastly on the disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria and home land for Ndiigbo that should be refer as Republic of Igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
Why won't Biafra agitate without coopting others who don't want to be part of the union? Biafra isn't going about it scientifically. If this neighbors don't want to be part of the union, and they don't trust you, the first step to overcoming this hurdle is to find out why they are sceptical about the project. You've tried this route before and it doesn't work, why not abandon it or research why it failed.

Biafra is not an Igbo-only affair! I will keep on reiterating this until it sticks.
If you claim that the Ibibio man doesn't want Biafra, I can also claim that the He is yearning for it!
In the current dispensation, people are uninformed and misinformed about Biafra, most people even think secession is treason, let there be a Nigeria vs Biafra debate with Biafran and one Nigeria faithfuls digging it out, afterwards a poll, and watch how fast people will vote to leave Nigeria.
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

Biafra is not an Igbo-only affair! I will keep on reiterating this until it sticks.
If you claim that the Ibibio man doesn't want Biafra, I can also claim that the He is yearning for it!
In the current dispensation, people are uninformed and misinformed about Biafra, most people even think secession is treason, let there be a Nigeria vs Biafra debate with Biafran and one Nigeria faithfuls digging it out, afterwards a poll, and watch how fast people will vote to leave Nigeria.
What does Biafra mean, if it's not an Igbo affair? It must have a meaning; what is the meaning? And should the tribes adjoining Igboland refused to be part of Biafra, can it still be called Biafra?
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
What does Biafra mean, if it's not an Igbo affair? It must have a meaning; what is the meaning? And should the tribes adjoining Igboland refused to be part of Biafra, can it still be called Biafra?

Are you seriously going to argue about the name 'Biafra'?
First things first, Let there be a referendum first.
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

Are you seriously going to argue about the name 'Biafra'?
First things first, Let there be a referendum first.
What are the conditions for such?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Electoral Act: Buhari Has Hidden Agenda – Afenifere / Gov. Umahi Revalidates His APC Membership; Insists South-East Is APC (photos) / Tinubu: APC Must Not Become Like Other Parties — We Should Be Democratic & Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.