Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

For Southerners Only - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Southerners Only (8787 Views)

For Southerners. / Is Grazing Bill A Death Sentence For Southerners? / An Online Vote For Southerners Support For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Southerners Only by Eshinwaju: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Yorubas n yeboes can never ever be on the same level.......one had established kingdoms .....when d other was still in caves..... cheesy...one dominates corporations in Nigeria.,....the other small spare parts shop....... cheesy.....one stays and develops his land...... cheesy..the other runs into their land and leaves their forsaken land behind..... cheesy.....one is quiet........the other is boastful.....and chest beats a lot......one won a war and has great historical warfare experience......the other only understand bush skirmishes and was roundly disgraced in its only war of substance.......

With all due respects........don't compare Yoruba to yeboes.......lai lai.....we no be mate abeg......Na internet noise be dem way..... cheesy
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
What are the conditions for such?

I think they should be similar to the conditions agreed between Scotland and Britain during the last referendum.
Re: For Southerners Only by ayokellany: 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
chuna1985:

igbos get posts in Lagos because 40% - 50% of the Lagos populace is Igbo.

Igbos till eternity can never and would never be 40% of Lagosians. The election clearly showed that. Even with all Igbos SS and a sizeable proportion of Yoruba voting both GEJ N JK, their entire voting strength was barely up to 40%. Am not ready to argue this. There are tones of places like Epe My home town Ikorodu, isale Eko Badagry that Igbos do not amount to 10% of their population abound everywhere in Lagos.

I can authoritatively tell you that there are more South southerns in Lagos than Igbos.
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

I think they should be similar to the conditions agreed between Scotland and Britain during the last referendum.
That's where the problem is. That union (the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) has a provision for each of the units to seek separation, through a laid down procedure. In the case of Nigeria, there's no such. You're risking being charged for treason in Nigeria to advocate for separation of the Lugardian principles.
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
MalcoImX:
That's where the problem is. That union has a provision for each of the units to seek separation, through a laid down procedure. In the case of Nigeria, there's no such. You're risking being charged for treason in Nigeria to advocate for separation of the Lugardian principles.

Nigeria is a signatory to the UN's right of indigenous people to self determination. The prosecutor would have no case.
It disturbs me that people don't know this.
Re: For Southerners Only by ayokellany: 11:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

assuming that the authors of those threads are trully from the places they claim to be from, they do not speak for their people.

How do we also believe you are speaking for any Igbo ? When I see an Igbo representative at the national or state level demand for Biafra I will start taking your clamour 4 succession serious.

For now you are just another noisemaker, a miniature of Radio Biafra war lord on nairaland. All noise with no substance. Carry out a referedum among your governors, elected officials before seeking a referedum from Nigeria.

Until then you are speaking for nobody but Uself, just you n U but you alone. Not even your blood brothers or sisters. You might do us a favour on nairaland. Quit the noise till you are man enough to represent your immediate family.
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
fr3do:

Nigeria is a signatory to the UN's right of indigenous people to self determination. The prosecutor would have no case.
It disturbs me that people don't know this.
The Igbo cannot lay claim to being indigenous people. My little knowledge of indigenous people will be such like the Australian Aborigines; the Yanamami and other tribes of the Brazilian Amazon; the Chactow, the Chirokees, Tomahawks, the Mohicans, the Nebraskans, the Idahos, the Sioux and all other native American Indians. They are mostly subjugated, threatened, and with subsistent, underdeveloped economies. They usually are protected and cared for by international organizations because of their vulnerabilities. In fact, this has to be, because they may face extinction if left to their own resources. It is selfishness and fraudulent for the Igbo, with well-developed economies (at least by Third World standards) to lay claims to this status. It is a mockery and insensitivity of the highest order for the Nigerian Igbo to even aspire to such. The only people in Nigeria that can lay claim to this are the Ogoni; that was even then, not now.
Re: For Southerners Only by belzabull(f): 12:03am On Jul 04, 2015
cjrane:
[size=15pt]Please, Yoruba people should stop calling other people f00ls.

When they are getting their way, they know they are YORUBA, NOT SOUTHERNER, but when they get burnt in their treacherous plot, they are suddenly "southerners"

Abeg, there are NO "SOUTHERNERS" IN NIGERIA.

We have Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik Urhobo etc.
Stop your stale lies, we ain't f00ls! [/size]
True!

yotubas are the most treacherous, deceitful and hypocritical people on planet earth-FACT!

5 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by belzabull(f): 12:06am On Jul 04, 2015
fr3do:

The Igbos in Delta joined forces with the Ijaws to give Okowa victory.
You don't tell us how we relate to our neighbours.
Just because we don't relate well generally with the yorubas vice versa, does not mean we are and are not willing to form alliances with the ethnic groups of the lower niger.
True. I'm from Anioma and I'm happy Okowa won. Can't wait for Anioma to be created so we can join our siblings in the East cool

3 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 6:24am On Jul 04, 2015
belzabull:
True. I'm from Anioma and I'm happy Okowa won. Can't wait for Anioma to be created so we can join our siblings in the East cool

And I am hopeful that we will reclaim anioma territories in other states, like Igbanke in Edo and Ndoni in Rivers.
Re: For Southerners Only by belzabull(f): 6:49am On Jul 04, 2015
fr3do:

And I am hopeful that we will reclaim anioma territories in other states, like Igbanke in Edo and Ndoni in Rivers.
Me too. It will be a dream come true

3 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
The Igbo cannot lay claim to being indigenous people. My little knowledge of indigenous people will be such like the Australian Aborigines; the Yanamami and other tribes of the Brazilian Amazon; the Chactow, the Chirokees, Tomahawks, the Mohicans, the Nebraskans, the Idahos, the Sioux and all other native American Indians. They are mostly subjugated, threatened, and with subsistent, underdeveloped economies. They usually are protected and cared for by international organizations because of their vulnerabilities. In fact, this has to be, because they may face extinction if left to their own resources. It is selfishness and fraudulent for the Igbo, with well-developed economies (at least by Third World standards) to lay claims to this status. It is a mockery and insensitivity of the highest order for the Nigerian Igbo to even aspire to such. The only people in Nigeria that can lay claim to this are the Ogoni; that was even then, not now.

You are incorrect! Being indigenous means being native to a place, whether there are foreigners amongst the indigenes or not.
You say mockery and insensitivity, to whom?
This is a democracy, if this Biafran movement gets enough open support from the people of the SE and SS, nothing is stopping it.
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2015
ayokellany:

How do we also believe you are speaking for any Igbo ? When I see an Igbo representative at the national or state level demand for Biafra I will start taking your clamour 4 succession serious.

For now you are just another noisemaker, a miniature of Radio Biafra war lord on nairaland. All noise with no substance. Carry out a referedum among your governors, elected officials before seeking a referedum from Nigeria.

Until then you are speaking for nobody but Uself, just you n U but you alone. Not even your blood brothers or sisters. You might do us a favour on nairaland. Quit the noise till you are man enough to represent your immediate family.

It is a process, we must first break the taboo attached to Biafra before anything else and we are doing just that on social media.
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 8:34am On Jul 04, 2015
fr3do:

You are incorrect! Being indigenous means being native to a place, whether there are foreigners amongst the indigenes or not.
You say mockery and insensitivity, to whom?
This is a democracy, if this Biafran movement gets enough open support from the people of the SE and SS, nothing is stopping it.
By this your definition, which tribe in Nigeria is not indigenous people? Look at this: Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB); Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP). Can you now see why Nnamdi Kanu and Ralph Uwazuruike are playing with the lives of the Igbo people?

It is very insensitive to the suffering indigenous people of the world for the Igbo to be attempting to use their plights to secure their political ambitions. In fact, it is wickedness and fraudulent for the Igbo to be seen doing this.
Re: For Southerners Only by SegunAdewole: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
By this your definition, which tribe in Nigeria is not indigenous people? Look at this: Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB); Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP). Can you now see why Nnamdi Kanu and Ralph Uwazuruike are playing with the lives of the Igbo people?

It is very insensitive to the suffering indigenous people of the world for the Igbo to be attempting to use their plights to secure their political ambitions. In fact, it is wickedness and fraudulent for the Igbo to be seen doing this.

You are speaking plenty english. Ibo people say they want their own country, what is stopping we yorubas from asking for our own country. We abuse Ibos and SS and voted against a Southerner for a Northerner. Now Buhari and the North are sidelining us out of decision-making posts, and suddenly we yorubas are running all over the place seeking "Southern solidarity". How do u expect the East+SS to feel. If i were Igbo or SS i will scuttle every move that will benefit the SW and let the North take everything.

3 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2015
MalcoImX:

You are a very manipulative and deceitful talker!
Your trick of using guilt is dead on arrival.

Every single tribe in Nigeria is indigenous in their tribal land, the yorubas wanting one Nigeria does not invalidate anybody's quest for self rule.
It is wicked and manipulative to talk the way you did, considering the fact that it is the Biafrans that were given 20 pounds, it is the SSners that have been deprived of their farm land and waters for fishing, it was innocent woman and children that starved to death, it was harmless non combatants that were massacred in Asaba.
This union, Nigeria was formed forcefully and that makes it illegitimate, it is as illegitimate as colonial rule.
The Aniomas resisted the british colonialists for more than 3 decades in the Ekumeku-british war, this shows that this part of west Africa are capable of ruling themselves and are aware of it.

1 Like

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2015
SegunAdewole:

You are speaking plenty english. Ibo people say they want their own country, what is stopping we yorubas from asking for our own country. We abuse Ibos and SS and voted against a Southerner for a Northerner. Now Buhari and the North are sidelining us out of decision-making posts, and suddenly we yorubas are running all over the place seeking "Southern solidarity". How do u expect the East+SS to feel. If i were Igbo or SS i will scuttle every move that will benefit the SW and let the North take everything.
Should you seek your own country only on the basis that others are asking for their own. You voted for Buhari on the belief that he's better and your interests will be better served not to spite or punish anybody else. I cannot talk about sidelining until the Cabinet is fully constituted, that's when one can argue with empirical evidence. Give it time and let the full Cabinet take shape before we crucify. It is to Buhari's disadvantage if he should allow to be seen to be biased, having enjoyed the support he did. He couldn't be unaware that his credibility is at stake should he be seen to be pro-North.
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2015
fr3do:

You are a very manipulative and deceitful talker!
Your trick of using guilt is dead on arrival.

Every single tribe in Nigeria is indigenous in their tribal land, the yorubas wanting one Nigeria does not invalidate anybody's quest for self rule.
It is wicked and manipulative to talk the way you did, considering the fact that it is the Biafrans that were given 20 pounds, it is the SSners that have been deprived of their farm land and waters for fishing, it was innocent woman and children that starved to death, it was harmless non combatants that were massacred in Asaba.
This union, Nigeria was formed forcefully and that makes it illegitimate, it is as illegitimate as colonial rule.
The Aniomas resisted the british colonialists for more than 3 decades in the Ekumeku-british war, this shows that this part of west Africa are capable of ruling themselves and are aware of it.
Say what you may, the Biafrans are not classified under any international conventions and legislation as "indigenous people." I still maintain that it is deceitful and insensitive to be political with the suffering of threatened and vulnerable people. That's my argument, except if you're arguing blindly.
What you're mostly talking about here is the effects of war, and it has never been the point of our discourse. If it's that you want to talk about, it should be be discussed on another level. It has never been part of my argument with you or anybody here.
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 10:41am On Jul 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
Say what you may, the Biafrans are not classified under any international conventions and legislation as "indigenous people." I still maintain that it is deceitful and insensitive to be political with the suffering of threatened and vulnerable people. That's my argument, except if you're arguing blindly.
What you're mostly talking about here is the effects of war, and it has never been the point of our discourse. If it's that you want to talk about, it should be be discussed on another level. It has never been part of my argument with you or anybody here.

I reiterate that the Biafrans are indigenous to proposed Biafran land.
You can't twist this one.
Re: For Southerners Only by SegunAdewole: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
Should you seek your own country only on the basis that others are asking for their own. You voted for Buhari on the belief that he's better and your interests will be better served not to spite or punish anybody else. I cannot talk about sidelining until the Cabinet is fully constituted, that's when one can argue with empirical evidence. Give it time and let the full Cabinet take shape before we crucify. It is to Buhari's disadvantage if he should allow to be seen to be biased, having enjoyed the support he did. He couldn't be unaware that his credibility is at stake should he be seen to be pro-North.

We yorubas already have 'pseudo-separatist' group. Many of us are also tired of Nigeria and discuss Odua republic under our bed, why we can't come out openly is what baffles me. Are we really cowards.
As for Buhari's appointment, there is a saying "It is from the little we know the whole". From the few appointments he has made we already know that there is a Northernization agenda. The Executive, Judiciary and Legislative are in FULL CONTROL of the NORTH. Many discerning yorubas like FFK warned us.
The ministerial list will definitely include all states and regions as required by law. Buhari can not change that. But he can (and definitely will) select the Juiciest posts for the North. I expect flimsy Ministries like Water resources, Information etc to come down south.

3 Likes

Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2015
fr3do:

I reiterate that the Biafrans are indigenous to proposed Biafran land.
You can't twist this one.
Hope you won't take offence if one considers the Igbo on the same cultural and economic level as the Pygmy.
Re: For Southerners Only by cheruv: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2015
Adesoba5:
The unity of Nigeria is always jeopardise by the so called biafara......

Re: For Southerners Only by cheruv: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I can say that its a curse for the Igbo man to brag....

Ambode can afford to sideline you all, that fact was made even more clear by the last elections.

But still he has shown not to be vindcitive grin

Cant you be positive for once in your life. Finally, if you don't insulting other sensitivities why will others respect yours.

Yeah my gf dad who is Igbo by the way owns a house in Lagos. I doubt if anybody in your lineage can afford a shop in Lagos though cheesy
We're tired of that line angry
Re: For Southerners Only by cheruv: 11:36am On Jul 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
So, there was no Nigeria before the oil or what?
Yes
There was no Nigeria before the oil
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 11:44am On Jul 04, 2015
SegunAdewole:

We yorubas already have 'pseudo-separatist' group. Many of us are also tired of Nigeria and discuss Odua republic under our bed, why we can't come out openly is what baffles me. Are we really cowards.
As for Buhari's appointment, there is a saying "It is from the little we know the whole". From the few appointments he has made we already know that there is a Northernization agenda. The Executive, Judiciary and Legislative are in FULL CONTROL of the NORTH. Many discerning yorubas like FFK warned us.
The ministerial list will definitely include all states and regions as required by law. Buhari can not change that. But he can (and definitely will) select the Juiciest posts for the North. I expect flimsy Ministries like Water resources, Information etc to come down south.

Good luck if that's what you want. The North too will go back to Borno, Kwarrarafa, Sokoto, Nupe kingdoms, caliphate, and empires. The Igbos will have their Biafra and their neighbors go with their Ijaw, Ibibio, Benin, Ogoni, Efik. Kalahari, etc. kingdoms. Maybe the Yoruba will have a monolithic kingdom, if Oyo and Ife did not go to war. We'll also be grateful to push back the Kwara and Kogi Yoruba, if you'll accept them as full citizens, with all rights enjoyed by those who haven't migrated. You can also choose who's the leader of the new country between Gani Adams and Fasehun (the factional leaders of Odua Peoples Congress), if Yorubaland is able to remain as one entity. Enjoy your countries.
Re: For Southerners Only by MalcoImX: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
cheruv:

Yes
There was no Nigeria before the oil
And what do you call the entity occupying the present Nigeria's territory then?
Re: For Southerners Only by Classicool(m): 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
Good luck if that's what you want. The North too will go back to Borno, Kwarrarafa, Sokoto, Nupe kingdoms, caliphate, and empires. The Igbos will have their Biafra and their neighbors go with their Ijaw, Ibibio, Benin, Ogoni, Efik. Kalahari, etc. kingdoms. Maybe the Yoruba will have a monolithic kingdom, if Oyo and Ife did not go to war. We'll also be grateful to push back the Kwara and Kogi Yoruba, if you'll accept them as full citizens, with all rights enjoyed by those who haven't migrated. You can also choose who's the leader of the new country between Gani Adams and Fasehun (the factional leaders of Odua Peoples Congress), if Yorubaland is able to remain as one entity. Enjoy your countries.
Guy if you think Oyo and Ife won't Cooperate that's in your imagination... If you think we won't. Accept Kwara and Kogi we won't include it in the CONFAB reports so Is you in the north that should be ready to ride with your high rates illiteracy and you known to be practising highly centralised govt and aristocrats govt which will surely Backfire in your Arewa Republic in modern world..
Even if are having it in mind to snatch the KK states of Yoruba that would be in your dream. After having our O'dua Republic or Yoruba federation we'll return all your traditional rulers in Kwara state and Kogi to Sokoto.. So we totally free from your aristocrat rule.
Re: For Southerners Only by cheruv: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
belzabull:
Join the movement to make Anioma the 6th SE state.. Hope that Dede Okowa won't dull in guaranteeing Anioma state
Re: For Southerners Only by fr3do(m): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
Hope you won't take offence if one considers the Igbo on the same cultural and economic level as the Pygmy.

I have had it!
You have now shown your true self, a shallow minded bigot!
You can as well consider Biafrans to be martians from mars, your opinion is irrelevant.
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
cheruv:

We're tired of that line angry

Are you born stupid or you are just forming to be stupid?
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
SegunAdewole:

Speak for yourself,

1 you are tired of Nigeria

2 You are not Yoruba (people pls just look though this guy history on NL)

3 You are a certified coward
Re: For Southerners Only by NewNigeriaMind: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
SegunAdewole:

Mr Oga I know you are Igbo but let me make it clear again.

1 The SW has always been split between PDP and APC, don't kill yourself over parties they are all the same cheesy

2 I have read different threads where igbos and ss are shouting southern solidarity, so this is not new

3 Now if you think the SW are sidelined even if buhari choses all his cabinet from the north and the status quo remain the way it is. Compared to what the SW had under Jonathan, then its a big step up for the SW grin

Jonathan has lost, get over it cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faces Of The Beautiful Hostesses That Died In The Ethiopia Airline Crash / COVID-19: El-Rufai In Self-Isolation Again As Close Contacts Test Positive / Meet Yekini Amoda Ogunlewe A.K.A Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.