Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. (5479 Views)

Media Consultant Sues Alison-madueke For Illegally Using His Name To Attack OBJ / Yorubas Are The Most Sophisticated Nigerians, Says Ojo Madueke / Picture Of Ojo Madueke At Un General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by BigB11(m): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ikeyman00:

Ojo Madueke is a smart man, he knows his limitation.

My post has nothing to do with where Ojo Madueke is from; I love Nigeria and I love all Nigerians.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by stoikjoy: 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2009
that is wat most people dont realise about this guy. he is smart and intelligent.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by dontexe(m): 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
@tpia
why is riding bicycles a stupid idea?

Who says riding a bicycle is a bad idea, if the purpose of introducing it is to serve as an alternative means of transportation, then it's a stupid idea. I think it will be cool if you can always ride a bicycle from otago to christchurh daily.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by tpia: 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by Looklike2: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2009
minister of external affair please note this nigeria passport page. website bad.

i think the minister should ask them to redesign the national passport website. many people have complain about the design and the payment . i was told it redirect to a google payment cart.

nigeria is 140 million there should be someone who can help you design something better with good payment page. even i could do that,

please redesign that page. i saw a nigerian trry for several time making a payment. The worry is the payment look like any scam page. anyone could make that pages. if you want something pay for it. no cheap thing.

the page looks like a scam pages. please can they change it. my friend tried to make payment and he as to go to nigeria next week for to see his mother who is sick. even me too try to help him. but fear no let me put my password on the page.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by Redman44(m): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2009
Ojo What? Please lets talk about other things and current issues affecting Nigeria. I would never vote for Ojo Madueke. I am already beginning to have an headache on coming across this thread. God help us.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by vikimo(m): 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
how much did he pay u 4 this? hes one of OBJs boys. fleee
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by naijaking1: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2009
Maduekwe for President, Knowall for V.P
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by tpia: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by saintauch(m): 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ Poster,

Are u campaigning for him? This guy has been in every govt! Na only am be Eligible candidate? We are 140 million nigerians with over 30 millions eligible candidates!

Abeg, we have better candidates!!!!!
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by larez(m): 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2009
To campaign for Madueke, please tell us what he has done for Nigeria, and how he got so wealthy? We should contract the FBI (Foreign organization) to probe all Nigerian politicians before contesting for office. If the mud starts pouring out, how many do you think will be brave enough to contest? Let's see their past tax returns,  lol
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by tpia: 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2009
so, must they go and pick someone from under a bridge, because others are wealthy?
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by dejiariyo: 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2009
why cant u nigeria youth take a leave from america and vote some with pedigree and integrity instead of yu all reclying the same pple who have gotten us all into this mess, i cry for yu all another bad leadership another wasted 4 years, think
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by larez(m): 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2009
tpia:

so, must they go and pick someone from under a bridge, because others are wealthy?

Must we keep voting (stealing votes ) for looters?
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by tpia: 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2009
larez:

Must we keep voting in (stealing votes for) for looters?

what did he loot, and where's your evidence?
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by larez(m): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2009
tpia:

what did he loot, and where's your evidence?

What happened o the funds for road construction? Where are the roads? You still haven't addressed the source of his wealth. It was only recently that the house 'centripled' their pay.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by dipsyn: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2009
I wonder the basis of this thread and whether its even necessary anyway it just seem to explain how some of us Nigerians think, you want to put Ojo for president a man that has being in almost all regime of governance, a man who is neither hot nor cold, a man that just obeys orders and never stood out for what is right, a man that never bothered to resign when things were going wrong in any govt, some1 that does not even know where he stands. This man just keeps on playing safe to keep on enjoying the privileges’ of governance. Not being biased but in my opinion I want a Man to be the president of Nigeria whom you can easily know where he stands and not a chameleon.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by tpia: 1:00am On Mar 05, 2009
larez:

What happened o the funds for road construction? Where are the roads? You still haven't addressed the source of his wealth. It was only recently that the house 'centripled' their pay.

so what happened to the funds? Did you see him taking them, and which roads are you referring to here?
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by tpia: 1:03am On Mar 05, 2009
dipsyn:

I wonder the basis of this thread and whether its even necessary anyway it just seem to explain how some of us Nigerians think, you want to put Ojo for president a man that has being in almost all regime of governance, a man who is neither hot nor cold, a man that just obeys orders and never stood out for what is right, a man that never bothered to resign when things were going wrong in any govt, some1 that does not even know where he stands. This man just keeps on playing safe to keep on enjoying the privileges’ of governance. Not being biased but in my opinion I want a Man to be the president of Nigeria whom you can easily know where he stands and not a chameleon.

the major thing I'm seeing here is some Nigerians do not want an intelligent person ruling them.

thats all.

Someone doesnt have to carry issues on his head just because he's Nigerian.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by DoubleN(m): 7:47am On Mar 05, 2009
God Forbid!
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by kaygee1234: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2009
you cans upport Ojo Madueke all you like but the fact remains he supported the eviland sick regime of Abacha; what other evidence do you need. This Tpia self.

Since when has advising people to ride bicycles qualify you for presidency.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by Reptyle(m): 10:11am On Mar 05, 2009
@ Poster

Are we talking about the same Ojo Maduekwe aka AGIP (Any Government in Power) aka Political Prostitute aka Abacha-must-stay-or-I-will-kill-myself?!!!!

That same Ojo or another one? Is this a joke!!! Anyway I agree with you on one point; he is very smart; wink wink Smart enough to know never to even attempt to run for governor of Abia not to talk of Nigerian President.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by dejiariyo: 10:14am On Mar 05, 2009
have u guys forgotten wen he was the minister of transportation?during the fuel crises this man said and i quote all nigerians cant afford cars, so they shud go and buy bicycle.lmao and u want me to vote for that same person?pls grow forward i dont pray to have another miserable 4 years again, we youth need to take matters into our hands, we need a better future ojo madueke is not part of it.

note:the revolution shall surely be televised.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by ud4u: 10:25am On Mar 05, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from KnowAll
@Must a far
his big kwashioko belly begging for food.

There are some historical facts in life that one cannot distort.

Its a fact that six million Jews in during the 2nd world war.

Its a fact a million Biafran kids suffered Kwasikor just after the war. I do not know how old Ojo Mad is, but if he was between the ages of 5 and 13 then there is a very high likelyhood that he might be one of the 1 million kids with Kwasikor.

War is no child's play u see it on TV everyday in sudan and places like that.

Nnaa ihere mekpoo gi anya na udi okwua ina ekwu, inaghi ekwu okwu ka nwa afor. Ndi ozo nile chigoro obodoa ha ekwesichara ichi, Nna ka anyi meere nu onwe anyi ebere, onu ana akpo anyi erika , ka anyi hapu iji aka anyi emeto aha anyi na aga n'iru.
Ofu okwu ezugooro onye ma ihe.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by dontexe(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2009
He's just a fcukin liar !!!

Minister alleges that children were paid to admit torture

By Ayo Okulaja

March 4, 2009 04:34PMT
Print print Email email Share Share

Two months after the world was regaled with the revelation of mutilated, and abused children from Eket in Akwa Ibom state for being witches and wizards, the first official reaction from the federal government has come from far away Geneva.

The Minister for Foreign Affair, Ojo Madueke, leading the Nigeria delegation to the United Nations Universal Periodic Review (UPR) on human rights in Geneva, Monday denied that torture is an official state policy in Nigeria, suggesting however that the "children were paid to say they were tortured."

Madueke made this comment while answering questions in response to his official statement at a question and answer session after he presented the official Nigerian statement at the UN assembly.

The universal periodic review (UPR) is an assessment of human rights condition in particular countries and the current edition , the fourth in the history of the UN was dedicated to Nigeria, Russia, China and Azerbaijan, considered as trouble spots of official human rights violations.

Madueke declined a telephone interview from Geneva Wednesday to elaborate on this issue saying "I do not grant interviews on phone."

The children are held in shelters managed by the nongovernmental organisation, child right rehabilitation network centre (CRARN), with support from Nigerian citizens.

Children at the CRARN shelter were reportedly given up by their parents for witchcraft and handed over to pastors who put the children through torture that are beyond words for exorcism.

Civic organisations immediately fired pot shots at the minister Wednesday characterizing his comments in Geneva as "odious and unfortunate." Speaking to NEXT on Sunday, Chijoke Odum, chairperson civil liberties organisation of Nigeria [CLO], said "The minister told a lie because investigation revealed otherwise."

"There are evidences of psychological trauma in the children, in their speech, and in their eyes you see the loss of childhoodness" insist Odum who said "The sign of trauma is indelible evidence [of torture]"

The CLO president maintains that: "there are also biological evidences, when you go through their bodies; you will see lacerations, scars, enduring scars, marks that were not sustained during childbirth or childhood play or fun, marks that were deliberately made."

He also wants paediatricians brought in to determine the degree, depth, and age of the body lacerations, asking "How come no one contradicted any of the evidence months after the children articulated them and cried out except this one purported instance by the minister?"

Odum who stated that "Torture is not something you claim but you prove it" is unhappy that the minister is trying to defend the deplorable act of religious fanaticism, when the offence was not committed by the state/government. He wants to show the international community that all is well in Nigeria particularly at the religious level but this is all lies."

Odum's views are shared by Olasupo Ojo, president of committee for the defence of human rights (CDHR), who also flayed the foreign affairs minister. "Maduekwe believes everything should be politicised and sees everything from the spectacle of politics not based on principles."

Olasupo Ojo maintains too that "What happen in Akwa-Ibom is well known to all Nigerians that there was torture, and for the foreign affairs minister to now go and tell the UN that it didn't happen mocks the entire nation."

"Such discrepancies by a nation will never allow the world to take us seriously and that explains our denial a seat in the UN Security Council because we are signatory to so many international treaties particularly on human rights yet we do not honour the treaties domestically" concludes Mr Ojo
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by emcaluv(m): 11:31am On Mar 05, 2009
@KnowAll,
I am convinced that racists in UK has frustrated ur ass out. How can u open our rotten mouth to insult my tribe?

Nigeria cannot boost of un-interrupted power supply. No good railway system. Bad roads, No pipe borne water, etc.

They left us at the mercy of independent Telecommunication firms(MTN,ZAIN,GLO etc) when we have a dead national carrier Nitel.

Igbo man has not ruled this nation b4 except Azikiwe, who occupied a ceremonial sit.

Please u guys should leave us alone. No tribe will go through what the Ibos went through and still exist. The buildings you are seeing today in any Ibo city sprung up after the Biafran war. Many lost their properties because of war. Some of ur dubious parents and Grand parents stole and confiscated their properties. They are still doing same in the guise of religious riots in the North.

They have exploited Niger delta and left poverty behind. There is no peace for the wicked.

Ojo Maduekwe as bad as he could be is still better than ur past leaders that have thrown this country into chaos. What is the rate of un-employment today. Have u been to Ghana of recent. You should go and weep for ur country man. Maybe u ar suffering in UK right now. Global meltdown is telling on u.

You nauseate me with ur clumsy and unintelligent write ups.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by ayobase(m): 11:57am On Mar 05, 2009
thats tight man!!

So everyone 4 Madueke!
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by citizenY(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2009
[i][/i] It will be "IDIOTIC" to contemplate" the only Ojo east of the Niger" for a presidential ticket  in the presence of  Anyaokwu, Uwechue,Utomi, Ben Obi, the Nwodo"s, Idika Kalu and the many other  credible persons that abound in this section of Nigeria.

I am sure we all remember the "idiotic"mantra.

What do we have to show for his journey in government and politics?His supporters should tell us.

Perhaps it will be necessary for the people of Abia state to start the ball rolling, or more specifically, from Asaga.

Make him people talk first, then we go  put our own.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by mayrho(m): 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
And all of us are on our way to riding bicycles and abandoning cars
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by larez(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2009
I really get tired of the mind games that these professional politicians play on Nigerians. They employ a few stalwarts to get out there and fool (at least attempt to) the people. When will Nigeria mature and start approaching things from a sense of achievements instead of bloodying everything with tribalism. This guy has had many chances to prove himself and has failed. Why are the Igbos not talking about people like Pat Utomi? Why are we trying to recycle failure? A former Minister of Transportation who's leadership worsened Nigerian roadways and caused many to die needlessly is being thrown at us. Are these people real or retarded?
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by fesse(f): 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
@knowall
i want to ask you, who is that western governor when OJO MADUEKWE was in primary five? the westerners of Nigeria needs respect while they don't give it to whom is due. if the old wertern ambassdor is seeking for respect, he should first set an example and respect others first.
What the poster is talking about is competence nothinf else. when yar'dua reshuffle his cabinet, it is only Ojo that is still holding his original portfolio. One thing with Nigerian people is that they never considers good and competent persons. They need peoplelike David Mark, Atiku, Obasanjo etc, so that they will enrich their pockets illegally.
@knowall, how many ministers are competent and active in their various ministries? Lets consider and appreciate what is right at least for once. The guy is fit, capable and competent to handle the post of a president if given but since Nigeria politics is full of evil minded people, he might not make it.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by dipsyn: 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2009
@tpia, am amazed at your defination of intelligence, because he knows ow to manipulate his way thru all governance, let me list some people I count as Intelligent people like Gani (san), Oshiomole (present edo state gov), Wole Soyinka, etc these are people that at one point in their lives have stood for good not a green snake under a green grass like Ojo. please don't be gullible by the book cover lets c what the content has, thats what am askin for. If he as being in Government for so long I presume his list of acheivment is meant to showcase that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is Gej Afraid Of Critics / Educational Qualifications: Yoruba Governors Vs Igbo Governors / Mbaka Drops New Bombshell For Buhari,Soldiers,Looted Funds & More(A MUST READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.