Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki (28211 Views)

Emir Of Kano, Dangote Visit Saraki Today (Photos) / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / Buhari Meets With The 36 State Chairmen Of APC & That Of FCT (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by CyberWolf: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2015
aLgoridim:
You hve spoken well. I'm totally confused about what is wrong with the people from the southern part of Nigeria, Nigeria is 100years old, yet the south is still divided. Shame!
Thanks man...I think we will finally learn from the result of our foolishness this time around.
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by johnpalmer774(m): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2015
TheImp:
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, on Friday met with about 25 states chairmen of the APC who visited him in his office.

They were led by the Chairman of the Kano State chapter of the party, Alhaji Haruna Doguwa.

Details of the meeting were not known but a source close to Saraki confided in one of our correspondents that it was aimed at reconciling aggrieved members.

Doguwa, however, said they visited Saraki to congratulate him and other principal officers on their elections.

Saraki commended the chairmen for their understanding of the current development in the APC and pledged to uphold the party’s supremacy in all his actions.

Firstly , He doesn't Deserved respect from SW if truly he called VP a Mere Commissioner because respect is reciprocal . Secondly what other Party Supremacy does he want to Obey after he has already carried out his own Game Plan what other Position Left in the Senates now is Depute Whip which he claimed to have been zone to the SW.

He said, “Let me assure all of you that I am committed to providing the necessary leadership and commitment to our party in order to ensure the success of the President Buhari’s administration because we have no choice than to succeed.”

Chairmen of the APC from the South-West geopolitical zone were conspicuously absent at the meeting.

Meanwhile, the Senate President said that the 8th Senate is committed to the success of President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress.

Saraki reaffirmed the commitment when the APC chairmen from all the states visited him in Abuja.

A statement by Saraki’s media aide, Yusuph Olaniyonu, quoted the senate president as saying, “I want to use this opportunity to assure you of our cooperation with the executive led by President Muhammadu Buhari, with the party and its members across the country. I want to reassure you that all of us, APC senators, are committed to ensuring that the party is successful so that we can continue to win elections for many years after because of the foundation we are laying.

“It is now our responsibility to pay back so that Nigerians could sit back and say that our efforts were not in vain and that those we elected made this party proud and made this country great.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/25-apc-state-chairmen-visit-saraki/

28 APC State Chairmen Pay Homage to Saraki…
Twenty-eight APC state chairmen Friday visited the Senate President to pledge their solidarity with him and as well congratulate him on his emergence.

However, all the six chairmen of the six South-west states stayed away from the meeting.

The chairmen said they had come to pay homage to Saraki for attending the NEC meeting of the APC held in Abuja yesterday and enjoined him to uphold supremacy of the party in all that he does.

The chairmen said: "We have come to congratulate APC senators especially on your election as Senate President and for attending the NEC meeting today. The meeting was peaceful. We have shamed our detractors. You are a politician par excellence. We know you. You are a mobiliser. We want you to use your good office to build our party so that APC can rule for 100 years. We implore you to uphold the supremacy of our party. God will grant you good health and energy to carry the party along."

Responding, Saraki who thanked the party chairmen for the visit told them that he was just returning from a meeting with APC governors.

According to him, the outcome of the meeting was peaceful as he assured them that he would be close to the party and as well ensure that the government of APC meets the yearnings and expectations of Nigerians.

"I want to report peace over the meeting we held. Thank you for your visit in this number. I also want to congratulate all of us on our victory in the last elections. I assure you that we are committed to the party. We will work hard because we worked hard for the elections. We will live up to the expectations of Nigerians and those of you who have hope in us; we'll make you proud in 8th Senate.

"I want to assure you of my close relationship with the party. I assure you that our doors are open. I will not abandon the party. I will be close to it. We will see what we can do for the party. As we all worked hard for APC's successful elections, we will continue to work hard so that we can continue to win elections in the years and years to come.

"I thank all of you for your commitment to elections even when it was gloomy. For all you did, it is time to pay you back. We'll make this country great. We have no option. President Muhammadu Buhari must succeed. There is no option. He will succeed," he said
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apcs-warring-lawmakers-begin-serious-dialogue/213826/
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by bigerboy200: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2015
betty202020:
the same tinubu because of party affiliation led yoruba ACN reps against the yoruba pdp speakership canditate in 2011 that left pdp reps with no choice than elect tambuwal as speaker. it seems the entire southwesterners are slaves to tinubu.
Adeola Mulikat can't match Tambuwal by any standard...(she represents a constituency close to me in Oyo state,she is a no no...This is speakership position for goodness sake..) They chose competence over tribalism (didn't ACN support d emergence of Dimeji bankole?) .. that's why I tend to trust some of Tinubu's judgements but not his dictatorial methods( which is probably d cause of APC's seeming downfall) .. I am not a slave to anybody.. I have common sense..

3 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by johnpalmer774(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2015
hucienda:
Seems Saraki has been accepted by the APC hierarchy except Tinubu.

They do not have a choice than to accept him but i can bet with you that APC will pay him back , They need to play along now in other to further expose their Party to the Public. Mark my words they will surely pay him back when he will need the party the most.

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by OoduaVanguard: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2015
@Dindondin:
My bad the bro, your wording got me all twisted there.
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by sdindan: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2015
At last it will be the south south and south East that will laugh last.
They will be the hot cake.
For Buhari apc to win he will need their support
For Tinubu newAPC to win he need the south East and south south.
GBAGAM!
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Kingspin(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2015
omenka:
I really feel bad for what Saraki and Dogara have done to Tinubu. The only thing that man didn't give to have APC stand where it is today was his life and it is only fair that he be given a very good spot to hang his hat.

Tinubu could, by way of vengeance, single handedly ensure APC doesn't return in 2019. If history has taught us anything, it taught us NEVER to underestimate the power and reach of that man.
The highest tinubu can do is gathering his people in the Southwest and start looking for buyer across other region for 2019. And the strategy is not helping Nigeria as a country, allow people to elect whom they want. This godfather of the North, South and East is devilish as far as am concern. Most of them are only serving their interest not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Dindondin(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:
@Dindondin:
My bad the bro, your wording got me all twisted there.
Alright, be careful next time
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Dindondin(m): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2015
Kingspin:
The highest tinubu can do is gathering his people in the Southwest and start looking for buyer across other region for 2019. And the strategy is not helping Nigeria as a country, allow people to elect whom they want. This godfather of the North, South and East is devilish as far as am concern. Most of them are only serving their interest not Nigeria.
Tell Buhari, Saraki & Dogara that story.
Their actions is not helping the country either.

Come 2019, SW ll align with the best buyer.
Hoping it ll be the East
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by tonychristopher: 11:19am On Jul 04, 2015
ki02020:

No they are not....they are men of DIGNITY cool

yorubas washed their hands with sanitizers but ended up cracking nuts for chicken

igbo proverb

2 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by aLgoridim(m): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2015
CyberWolf:
Thanks man...I think we will finally learn from the result of our foolishness this time around.
I pray so.I wonder what the southern unity will be like.
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by remmyjunior: 11:22am On Jul 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

Lol. Chai! See finishing. Shukudi should go and read the interview Amaechi granted wherein he revealed how he knelt down for Tinubu not to abandon Buhari right before the primaries. Needless to say that if Tinubu had not rallied his troops on Buhari's side kwankwaso or Atiku would have clinched the Ticket and GEJ would have won reelection. Even Buhari and his wife have publicly attested to this much. These people forget so soon.

It's becoming pretty obvious that Tinubu is feeling Betrayed by the North and unless the APC patches things up with him and his SW loyalists, Buhari's chances of reelection will be shaky at best.

Politically, Tinubu will be fine as long as Lagos especially (and the SW APC structure by extension) remains under his heavy influence. He's a natural opposition leader anyways so that territory is familiar terrain. As long as he remains the SW region strongman, he'll always remain relevant. Name one single great kingmaker of his kind that never suffered any setback politically? A great politician of his mold always have their setbacks politically every now and then but they always bounce back.

Sorry I disagree with you. Tell me: what was d ratio of apc to pdp votes in last election?
If you are talkin of d ppl that won d election for PMB ............then talk abt d NE & NW.

Remember SW denied gej vote bc he ignored them totally during his tenure. If buhari perform well in Yoruba land no bdy will even care abt tinubu's largesse.
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by betty202020(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2015
bigerboy200:

Adeola Mulikat can't match Tambuwal by any standard...(she represents a constituency close to me in Oyo state,she is a no no...This is speakership position for goodness sake..) They chose competence over tribalism (didn't ACN support d emergence of Dimeji bankole?) .. that's why I tend to trust some of Tinubu's judgements but not his dictatorial methods( which is probably d cause of APC's seeming downfall) .. I am not a slave to anybody.. I have common sense..
thanks dear, but they could have opted for a change of candidate than using party affiliation to rob SW that. our people should learn to put the people first before party.

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by ideylaff: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

Lol. sorry, how old are you? Coz you come across as a naive kid. Mimiko is still fighting for relevance in his newly adopted PDP, yet you expect him to become SW leader? Lol. Sorry to bust your bubble but while he's a nice and likeable guy and all -- compared to Fayose for example -- he lacks the requisite charisma, loyalty, war chest, network, and stomach to fill that role.

Hes extremely fettish and has a lot of bad deeds hanging around him.... iroko just uses the Chruch Pulpit to look like an innocent educated man

there is a lot behind the scenes

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by neocortex: 11:30am On Jul 04, 2015
kopite:
Southwest politicians all crying like baby. Come on guys, chin up n man the terrain. It must not always go your way. You tore Gej's umbrella, now yu want to scatter buhari's broom. Please stop portraying yorubas as tribalist or ethnic bigots. Accept d new apc reality.

You are clearly a bigot, how does Tinubu winning or losing out in APC put bread on the Yoruba mans table.
I will advise those who are ignorant of southwest politics to not embarrass themselves by making
empty and baseless comments.
For your information , there is a clear difference between Tinubu and Yoruba.
So if you must mock face Tinubu and leave Yoruba out of it.

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by kernel504(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
omenka:
I really feel bad for what Saraki and Dogara have done to Tinubu. The only thing that man didn't give to have APC stand where it is today was his life and it is only fair that he be given a very good spot to hang his hat.

Tinubu could, by way of vengeance, single handedly ensure APC doesn't return in 2019. If history has taught us anything, it taught us NEVER to underestimate the power and reach of that man.
We from the SouthEast and SouthSouth will help ensure power returns to the North by 2019, you started the game, but we can play better.
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by lurther: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2015
And guess who they will support? Your guess is as good as mine.
sdindan:
At last it will be the south south and south East that will laugh last.
They will be the hot cake.
For Buhari apc to win he will need their support
For Tinubu newAPC to win he need the south East and south south.
GBAGAM!
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by johnpalmer774(m): 11:37am On Jul 04, 2015
dvee2:
Who was Tinubu's choice for senate president, was he not a core northerner? Stop making it look like a north vs West issue. saraki is even a Yoruba man. He played a fast one on the party, but at this moment there is nothing they can do but to support him. Tinubu should learn from OBJ and strategise to fight another day. You can't win them al.

Good Point............Many of them were obsess with Tinubu so many of them will just comment without comprehending the story , Tinubu lost nothing in this story now , Lawan was not Tinubu preferred Candidate but Akume, So if the Majority leaders of APC could Persuade him to back their own Candidate which he did that means he respect Party Supremacy , This issue on ground is never about North and West but about individual selfish agenda because if it was North Vs West where does the 51 Senators and 174 Reps loyal to both Lawan & Gbajabiamila comes from ??Are they are all from West does Saraki and Dogara got Majority support of the North the Answer is Capital No . Tinubu maybe angry because his a Politician and he understand Saraki and Dogara betrayed the Party not him and he knows how serious Danger it maybe for the APC in future.

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Badex10(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Lamentation 100 vs 1000
see diz one. Go and ask OBJ how Tinubu plays
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Badex10(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Lamentation 100 vs 1000
see diz one. Go and ask OBJ how Tinubu plays
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by ki02020(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2015
tonychristopher:

yorubas washed their hands with sanitizers but ended up cracking nuts for chicken

igbo proverb

I kind of agree with you but did GEJ give us a better option.....the answer is capital NO
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by JesslordKay(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2015
Pangea:

He is a king maker,
King makers rarely put themselves forward for the position.
king maker in lagos state
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by johnpalmer774(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2015
CyberWolf:
That's north for you. That's what we SE/SS were trying to let SW understand but they refused. North only wants to get power back and they don't mind even aligning with devil himself as long as that aim is achieved. SW/Tinubu has the interest of the nation at heart but for North, that's not their business. North wants to seize federal power and subject all of us to slaves..The SE/SS knew this all along that's why we stood our ground supporting Jonathan to the end. Now we are back to Northern born-to-rule government and they are very ready to crush anybody that tries to stand on their way. The only way to stop them is to form Sourhern alliance SE/SS/SW but I doubt if that will happen because SE/SS suspects SW will betray this alliance anytime..Let's just watch as things unfolds, time will tell..

You are talking trash, Do u follow Politics or do you just come here to Trash Rubbish?Who are the Spoiler hereAre they not ur SE/SS who are Jealous of the Alliance between North&West. who do you think Voted for Saraki and Dogara as SP and Speakers are they not your Brothers from ss/se in other to cause disunity among both regions., Saraki and Dogara never got the Majority Support of the North if you don't know now you know .....Saraki only has support of 8 APC Senators from APC out of that 8 2 are from Kwara which means he only manage to get 6 from entire 22 states which APC Control all others supports are from ur SS/SE, Dogara only got 38 rep support out of 200+ members that APC Produced the rest support came from your SS/SE so can you see now that ur region is been jealous because you never believed the alliance will work in the first place but i can assure you that it will backfire just watch.

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by OoduaVanguard: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
remmyjunior:

Sorry I disagree with you. Tell me: what was d ratio of apc to pdp votes in last election?
If you are talkin of d ppl that won d election for PMB ............then talk abt d NE & NW.

Look at it this way. Buhari has always won the NE and NW in previous elections and still lost till the last time. He won the presidency via close to 3-million votes,the SW gave him 2.4million votes (in spite of low voter turn out in the region).

Now imagine the SW and its entire media and propaganda apparatus had not worked tirelessly to repackage Buhari's unflattering image (a la the implicating past statements about the boko Haram, extremist views, etc) and was in cohorts with the PDP to further hype that image, needless to say the same public opinion that was against him previously would have again prevented his victory (that's not to mention the SW delegates game-changing role in getting him the presidential ticket in the first place, against all the odds), now give those SW votes given to Buhari to GEJ in that last election, and I dare say that in such a circumstances GEJ would've, at worst, reckoned he had fighting chance of reelection coz the result would've been, at best, too close to call and forced a run-off election, or he would then have out rightly defeated Buhari, again.

Remember SW denied gej vote bc he ignored them totally during his tenure. If buhari perform well in Yoruba land no bdy will even care abt tinubu's largesse.

You just contradicted yourself somewhat by saying the SW denied GEJ reelection because he ignored them (not coz he did or did not perform), and now that the same SW may be feeling ignored again you now think Buhari's performance would not trigger a similar reaction also?

Don't be naive please, this is politics we are talking about here. Till tomorrow, SE and SS folks feel GEJ performed enough to be reelected, yet their feelings weren't enough to get him reelected, in spite of the expensive media effort they expended to highlight his achievements in office. Politics and quality of alliances are what determine electoral victory in Nigeria,not necessarily performance, at least not yet

2 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by fkaz(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
grin grin grin grin To me South west APC boycotting the visit to SP and Bola Tinubu with chief Bisi Akande boycotting APC BOT meeting yesterday is all POLITICAL GIMMICK.

South west still remain the bond behind the conception called Nigeria, the north can not toy with the political relation between them and Bola Ahmed Tinubu remain south west political leader. Watch out how the game will end in favour of Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by omenka(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
kernel504:

We from the SouthEast and SouthSouth will help ensure power returns to the North by 2019, you started the game, but we can play better.
Hmmm. Whatever happened to being "Gambari Slaves"?? Or don't you people people realise making deals with power blocks from the North makes one their "Slave" anymore??

You see why I laugh at folks that keep trying to play the ethnic and religious cards around here??
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by tonychristopher: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
ki02020:

I kind of agree with you but did GEJ give us a better option.....the answer is capital NO

but the devil you know is better than angel that you don't know
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by johnpalmer774(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

Good. Oya list the battles he won grin And don't forget the ultimate prize of dethroneing PDP and GEJ, after 16 years of misrule -- that alone should cancel out any setbacks politically. Heck I'll do it myself coz you no get liver:

-Oyo was retained for the first time by an incumbent party

-Osun was retained

-Was responsible for ensuring that Mimiko, Oshimhole, Fayemi and Aregbe victory via the courts

-Ensured Buhari won the APC presidential primaries

-Successfully installed Fashola and Ambode

-Single-handedly handpicked the VP (after ensuring the emergence of the Presidential flagbearer)

-Denied GEJ his much-desired re-election grin

Bro u indeed genius , Many More to follow such as All the Minister that will come from South West, He also Produced Senate Minority and rep Minority leader in last 7th Assembly , Both Akume and Femi. and its likely Femi might still be the Rep Majority Leader .

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by tonychristopher: 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnpalmer774:

You are talking trash, Do u follow Politics or do you just come here to Trash Rubbish?Who are the Spoiler hereAre they not ur SE/SS who are Jealous of the Alliance between North&West. who do you think Voted for Saraki and Dogara as SP and Speakers are they not your Brothers from ss/se in other to cause disunity among both regions., Saraki and Dogara never got the Majority Support of the North if you don't know now you know .....Saraki only has support of 8 APC Senators from APC out of that 8 2 are from Kwara which means he only manage to get 6 from entire 22 states which APC Control all others supports are from ur SS/SE, Dogara only got 38 rep support out of 200+ members that APC Produced the rest support came from your SS/SE so can you see now that ur region is been jealous because you never believed the alliance will work in the first place but i can assure you that it will backfire just watch.

lamentations of a broken man

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Cannonleo(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin
jesu............... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin firefly e don do
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by tonychristopher: 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
CyberWolf:

pls don't use our use south west foolishness right from awolowo day to shonekan to obasanjo it has been sout west selling out..Biafra issue is another chapter

1 Like

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Cannonleo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin
jesu............... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin firefire e don do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 / Delta State Registered Rickety Car With Funny Pro-buhari Tag / Endorsement: Obiano, Nwodo trade insults in telephone chats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.