Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? (17066 Views)

Mikel Denies Being Punished By Chelsea For Playing For Nigeria At Rio. / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo / BREAKING: Messi In Talks With Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by frankson1(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
nerodenero:
.Mikel isn't serious about playing football lipsrsealed. Other players that are ready to play move when a team doesn't favour them but our own Mikel has a permanent bench with seat belt always fastened to him whenever his team plays.

Mike is a business man....it's all about the dough. A chelsea fan told me that he's waiting to collect his citizenship (form abi passport) that it's what is still keeping him. I dunno if he's the only 9ja that has played in Mama Eliza's England.

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by spyroet(m): 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
tunwumi:
With over £100k (#35,000,000) per week as salary I will advise him to continue to sit ( get a bed and alomo) on the bench. Nigeria will always and always give him starting shirt all he need to do is to dash his bonus to the coach.

After all Mr kanu sat on arsenal bench for 45k per week for 3 season.
DAT is how money have blindfolded all of u, nobody plays with passion anymore
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by ritababe(f): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Kolade354:
Arseneal fanz see ya mouth cheesy
wetin u think before
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Skain(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
So he's finally coming out of retirement...

We missed him and his guiding/shielding of the ball that trills some chelsea fans.
Welcome back obi
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by adedayourt(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
Y SUD SOMEONE B ASKING ME ANODA MAN SUD STAY IN HIS CURRENT EMPLOYMNT FOR ANODA FINANCIAL YR? ISNT DAT SUPPOSED TO B A PERSONAL DECISION

#businessminding
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by spencekat(m): 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hell NO
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by adedayourt(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:
Please what is Mikel?

material used fr warming bench
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by tammie24: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
He should ask his girlfriend na
What's our business
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by maestroz: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
youngsahito:
Ar u kidding me dat u dnt knw who mikel is?
Must he know who mikel is?. The name last existed in the sports dictionary in 2005 when he played football. So every baby and everybody knows messi but mikel is known by a few.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
It's all about the money with Africans.... no wonder African football is a disgrace
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
Go where!!
Kanu is called legend bt we have all forgotten that he was always on arsenal bench
THIS MIKEL LIKE MONEY PASS WETIN....if nt him 4 dey #MUFC by nw
i just hope say this new coach go collect am dat no 10 shirt
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by viqSmallz(m): 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
amolex:
if u ask me now, na who I go ask?
the matter wey we see so.... e tey wey e start...
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Otunbatrafford: 8:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
Wetin Concern me, Chelsea and Mike?
Mtcheeeeeeew. Next please.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by nonjebose(m): 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
It is Mikel's decision to make. I believe he will make the right call. I would like to plead with those castigating him. He may not have played to the level we expected, but he has won laurels even at that. Then those making a defence for him citing his wealth are not serious.

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by histemple: 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
clefstone:
and u say u be woman. Liar liar

You need to wake up and research. Women are coaches, FA presidents, sports analysts, players, fans etc.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Yello1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:

I support good football and I like to be happy watching good players and teams. I have clubs, players and coaches I admire all over the continents. It's better to have a great impact on the game than being decorated as a mediocre player in a good club. Okocha didn't win any champions or premier league but he left an indelible mark on the round leather game. Pele recently announced that Okocha was the only African player that could walk straight to the Brazilian national team. That is the unforgettable recognition of an impact player.
peopl easily forget,wen mikel won afcon2013
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by kayguy: 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
grin Mikel Obi d bench warmer #LAZYMIKELOBI
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by frisky2good(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Guy, see as babe dey teach you football.

youngsahito:
yaaa, but he is also one of d Africa most decorated player in histrory of Africa.wich club do you support if I may ask?
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by bizza45: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
no plz he should stay ... he needs to warm that bench.... and shine hazard shoes
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Goodnuel: 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:

I support good football and I like to be happy watching good players and teams. I have clubs, players and coaches I admire all over the continents. It's better to have a great impact on the game than being decorated as a mediocre player in a good club. Okocha didn't win any champions or premier league but he left an indelible mark on the round leather game. Pele recently announced that Okocha was the only African player that could walk straight to the Brazilian national team. That is the unforgettable recognition of an impact player.
Great players win titles.. Like it or not, Mikel is more Decorated and Successful than Okocha.

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by petkoffDrake(m): 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:
Please what is Mikel?
Mikel is a type of goat specie esp. found in d east. known for mostly eating peoples yam
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by chesterlee(m): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
Goodnuel:
Great players win titles.. Like it or not, Mikel is more Decorated and Successful than Okocha.

Tell them my brother...

They think its easy to play over 300 games for a big club like Chelsea Fc...With Premier league, Fa cup, Capital One cup, Uefa Champions league, Europa league to crown it. Coming to the local scene, dude has won the African cup of nations.

Take it or Leave it...John Mikel Obi is a living legend!!!!
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Whobedatte(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
chesterlee:

Tell them my brother...

They think its easy to play over 300 games for a big club like Chelsea Fc...With Premier league, Fa cup, Capital One cup, Uefa Champions league, Europa league to crown it. Coming to the local scene, dude has won the African cup of nations.

I know you don't even know the definition of 'Legendary/legend". So a Pedro who has won more than 250+ caps for barcelona is a legend?

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by kobonaire(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
As a fan of CFC and the Super Eagles, I find this a tough question. Mikel has been part of many trophy winning CFC season (Champions League, EPL, FA etc). Despite the defensive midfield role he mostly plays he has been a reliable player called upon from the bench many times. At this point in his career, I think he needs to find a different club where he will get more playing time and also rediscover his attacking midfield role and actually score goals. This will help translate into success for the super eagles too when he plays for them. In the 2005 youth championship, Messi was awarded the best player of the tournament and Mikel the 2nd best. It is quite obvious how big the difference is in success between the two. I however feel Mikel has more to offer and he should seek and make those opportunities for himself at a different club.

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Pamelayoung: 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
Thats his decision 2 make not mine.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
nonjebose:
It is Mikel's decision to make. I believe he will make the right call. I would like to plead with those castigating him. He may not have played to the level we expected, but he has won laurels even at that. Then those making a defence for him citing his wealth are not serious.

talking of trophies, khedira, vermaleen, diaby, etc have all won laurels without contributing
mikel is not mediocre.... He's SHIT!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by asidere(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
Mikel is still in chelsea for the money,una know say mikel na ibo boy and he loves good money.whether he plays or not,good money still dey enter him hand.If mikel want to revive his career,i suggest he goes to inter milan,Mancini needs players
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
kobonaire:
As a fan of CFC and the Super Eagles, I find this a tough question. Mikel has been part of many trophy winning CFC season (Champions League, EPL, FA etc). Despite the defensive midfield role he mostly plays he has been a reliable player called upon from the bench many times. At this point in his career, I think he needs to find a different club where he will get more playing time and also rediscover his attacking midfield role and actually score goals. This will help translate into success for the super eagles too when he plays for them. In the 2005 youth championship, Messi was awarded the best player of the tournament and Mikel the 2nd best. It is quite obvious how big the difference is in success between the two. I however feel Mikel has more to offer and he should seek and make those opportunities for himself at a different club.

1st sense av heard from a cfc fan in years... Are yu sure ur nt wenger's broda!?

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by youngsahito(m): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
frisky2good:
Guy, see as babe dey teach you football.

she jst dey talk her own point n I dnt c anyf bad abt her making her own view abt d matter moreso, I neva compare mikel to okocha cos mikel na okocha boy...
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
chesterlee:

Tell them my brother...

GOD FORBID!
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by fejikudz(m): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
Whobedatte:
I know you don't even know the definition of 'Legendary/legend". So a Pedro who has won more than 250+ caps for barcelona is a legend?
Smh, Guy u nor know football at all undecided
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by youngsahito(m): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
Mprepz:

1st sense av heard from a cfc fan in years... Are yu sure ur nt wenger's broda!?
I'm neither a cfc fan n or an arsernal fan so dnt jst jump to conclusion anyhw bro...united 4 lyf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Official Thread For The Nigeria National League (NNL). / Finland FA Bans Gbolahan Salami For Six Matches / Cartoon Of Didier Drogba 'De Tito à Drogba' Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.