Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,337 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? (17069 Views)

Mikel Denies Being Punished By Chelsea For Playing For Nigeria At Rio. / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo / BREAKING: Messi In Talks With Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by chesterlee(m): 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
Whobedatte:
I know you don't even know the definition of 'Legendary/legend". So a Pedro who has won more than 250+ caps for barcelona is a legend?
If Paulo Ferreira and Babayaro are considered as Legends at Chelsea, I see no reason why Mikel won't be considered as one when he eventually retires from football.

Note: Legendary status can be attained through one's performance, commitment or Longevity.

9 years in Chelsea no be beans!!!
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
kobonaire:
As a fan of CFC and the Super Eagles.

no be chelsea be dat!!!
How yu km say yu no be chelsea fan.....................
Anyhow ah rep #MUFC
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by abeniagbon(m): 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
His a great joker for any game for substitute or when thing got hard for jose morinho when his in need of defend or blocking 4. And perhaps staying there help sub for fabrigas. English game are as many player can get flop anytime. So stay there is okay and perhaps for miss Oleg
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
This is what they say when you have proven a point!

fejikudz:
Smh, Guy u nor know football at all undecided
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
chesterlee:

If Paulo Ferreira and Babayaro are considered as Legends at Chelsea, I see no reason why Mikel won't be considered as one when he eventually retires from football.

Note: Legendary status can be attained through one's performance, commitment or Longevity.

bros are you trying to say that the likes of ASHLEY YOUNG, ANTONIO VALENCIA, JONNY EVANS are legends!?
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by kobonaire(m): 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Mprepz:
1st sense av heard from a cfc fan in years... Are yu sure ur nt wenger's broda!?
funny guy ...
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by kobonaire(m): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
mikel - find a new club and make yourself a stronger legacy
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by chesterlee(m): 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
Mprepz:

bros are you trying to say that the likes of ASHLEY YOUNG, ANTONIO VALENCIA, JONNY EVANS are legends!?

Wetin those ones don achieve?

Even here in Nigeria, Hate him or love...Mikel would surely be among the new generation legends for the super eagles including Enyeama, Yobo.

He won the Nations cup, came 2nd in the African best...Played in almost all cadres of the NT, comprising of U17, U20 and senior team.
#Legend
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by michaelmo11(m): 10:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
unstableaswater:

Go play for Eyimba United now, no be for mouth. If Eyimba United accept u, come back, we go listen.
well I don't need to play 4 enyimba fc b4 I start playing at the top of my game.. I don dey play 4 my department.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by tunwumi: 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
If I may ask, how much do u earn per week sir? I'm sure is less than £100. Then I can understan your view now

spyroet:
DAT is how money have blindfolded all of u, nobody plays with passion anymore
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Calebosko(m): 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:

Sorry, I was thinking it's a brand of football boot used by chelsea main players but someone just told me that Mikel is defined as the worst Nigerian player to ever wear jersey no.10
for ur mind now u don contribute to nairaland coment,non of ur family member both past present and future wil ever achive what mikel has done,so get out the way
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Whobedatte(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
chesterlee:

pls don't compare these two players with Mikel. These r outstanding players who at their prime would walk straight into any top team in europeXI. Mikel on the other hand is n average, opportunist, fringe player who only plays for money and not glory. Go watch UCL99/2000 season and watch best of babayaro. Smh
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by chesterlee(m): 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Whobedatte:
pls don't compare these two players with Mikel. These r outstanding players who at their prime would walk straight into any top team in europeXI. Mikel on the other hand is n average, opportunist, fringe player who only plays for money and not glory. Go watch UCL99/2000 season and watch best of babayaro. Smh

Mikel average and opportunistic

Go watch the 2011/2012 Champions league final!!!
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:

I support good football and I like to be happy watching good players and teams. I have clubs, players and coaches I admire all over the continents. It's better to have a great impact on the game than being decorated as a mediocre player in a good club. Okocha didn't win any champions or premier league but he left an indelible mark on the round leather game. Pele recently announced that Okocha was the only African player that could walk straight to the Brazilian national team. That is the unforgettable recognition of an impact player.
sweery, I jst fell in luv with this comment, and lemme also say .......u luk cute
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Goodnuel: 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
chesterlee:

Tell them my brother...

They think its easy to play over 300 games for a big club like Chelsea Fc...With Premier league, Fa cup, Capital One cup, Uefa Champions league, Europa league to crown it. Coming to the local scene, dude has won the African cup of nations.

Take it or Leave it...John Mikel Obi is a living legend!!!!
No mind them, Same Okocha that couldn't win anything. He has to be satisfied with a one man(pele)personal praise.

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Whobedatte(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
chesterlee:

Mikel average and opportunistic

Go watch the 2011/2012 Champions league final!!!

pls what did he do in the final? What? Stop over rating this poo. African football has being at its lowest ebb. Since over 10-15 yrs back if not a player like mikel will not even make it to the last 3 in africa rating
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by chesterlee(m): 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Whobedatte:
pls what did he do in the final? What? Stop over rating this poo. African football has being at its lowest ebb. Since over 10-15 yrs back if not a player like mikel will not even make it to the last 3 in africa rating

African football being Low or Not, doesn't change sh#t!

Mikel has contributed his own quota..

Former African best KANU, who won played when the African footie was 'high'...Wasn't he benched at Arsenal, in fact he got an Iron bench...

Even the likes of Adebayor won the African best and are legends in their right.

So, Value what you have mate!
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Whobedatte(m): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Goodnuel:
No mind them, Same Okocha that couldn't win anything. He has to be satisfied with a one man(pele)personal praise.
Okocha didn't win any laurel but he won us games. Singlehandedly he dragged us to the 96 olypmic finale. Dragged a lowly Bolton out of relegation to the premier league, dragged them to a cup finale. He played with likes of hunt, djorkaeff, juninho etc at Bolton. That's what I call legendary not an opportunist who is satisfied being a bench warmer and only plays for money and not glory
Okocha is listed by pele as one of the best players ever to come out of africa
Competed against eto, el hadji diouf. Henri camara, Titi camara, Patrick mboma etc when African football was still at its best
Pls for God's sake don't ever compare that mikel to okocha
It's an insult to the game of football and god of soccer

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by histemple: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Calebosko:
for ur mind now u don contribute to nairaland coment,non of ur family member both past present and future wil ever achive what mikel has done,so get out the way

Today Ikpeba is remembered as prince of Monaco. Okocha is remembered for his skills and especially for promoting a club to premier league as a captain with unbelievable skills. Kanu is remembered for his brilliance in atlanta 96 and his exploits in Europe. Amokachi was nicknamed the bull because of his impact and great strength and was the first player to score in the current champions league.
Because of their exploits, all these players were called pet names in admiration.
Now, kindly tell me what Mikel will be remembered for? Secondly, I am yet to hear that sweet pet name given to mikel in appreciation for his contribution. Mikel is a big name in Nigerian football today and that is a minus for the country. Just analyze Nigerian football from inception and give me the name of that midfielder wearing that no.10 jersey that was not respected by the whole world during their time up till Okocha.
Mikel has achieved so much and it is a glaring fact but hey! You don't know either myself or any member of my family and remember that everyone can't be a footballer. I wish mikel good luck but let's be objective.

2 Likes

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
youngsahito:
yaaa, but he is also one of d Africa most decorated player in histrory of Africa.wich club do you support if I may ask?
and so? Pedro of Barcelona is one of the most decorated players in Europe , but that doesnt make him an exceptional player. No sentiments, Mikel is shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:
Please what is Mikel?
I think you need to be flogged for deceiving yourself.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by mindurword(m): 11:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
The Nigerian international is the latest Premier League player to be heavily linked with a move to Turkish side Fenerbahce, where he could join Nani and Robin van Persie.
The Daily Star have picked up on claims by Ersin Duzen - a presenter of Turkish football show Futbol Ganlugu- that the Nigerian international has held talks with the Istanbul club. Mikel has something of a cult status at Chelsea after nine years at the club having chosen the Blues over Manchester United in a controversial transfer from Norwegian side Lyn Oslo. His first team chances have become increasingly scarce over the last two seasons, playing just 21 games last season. The claims from Ersin Duzen suggest that the midfielder is now desperate for a change and has met with Fenerbahce sporting director Giuliano Terrane to discuss a deal. OUR VIEW After dubious beginnings, Mikel has been a very loyal servant to Chelsea over the last nine years - on the pitch and off it. He has curbed some of his attacking instincts to play a disciplined defensive role for the Blues and has won 10 major trophies as his reward. Now 28, Mikel understandably wants to be playing more often than before rather than less and Chelsea should be able to find a suitable replacement without too much trouble. A move makes sense and if it is to Fenerbahce then they will be an even bigger source of interest to Premier League fans next season.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Goodnuel: 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Whobedatte:
Okocha didn't win any laurel but he won us games. Singlehandedly he dragged us to the 96 olypmic finale. Dragged a lowly Bolton out of relegation to the premier league, dragged them to a cup finale. He played with likes of hunt, djorkaeff, juninho etc at Bolton. That's what I call legendary not an opportunist who is satisfied being a bench warmer and only plays for money and not glory
Okocha is listed by pele as one of the best players ever to come out of africa
Competed against eto, el hadji diouf. Henri camara, Titi camara, Patrick mboma etc when African football was still at its best
Pls for God's sake don't ever compare that mikel to okocha
It's an insult to the game of football and god of soccer

Nonsense
Why didn't he make at the top of game?? He played for a lowly Bolton, why a lowly Bolton exactly??.

Ohk, Pele rated him, good and fine. Mikel was the best 2nd player at the u20 FIFA youth championship after Messi( Lot of persons believe he was actually the best and not Messi at the time) and also triggered the fight between two English giants(Man U vs Chelsea) over his signature.

Aren't you bothered that after all the class and skills of Okocha, all you can say about him is just what a Certain Pele said? That he could walk into the Brazil squad( What exactly is that?) is that what success in football means to you?.

I'm not comparing Mikel to Okocha, but when it's all said and done, Mikel remains the Most decorated player in nigeria.. he's been to the biggest stages in world football. He has the experience and the memory both sweet and bitter.. football is more than skills. There is a reason why Okocha didn't make it in europe. You should figure that.

When it's time to rest and recall year achievements, there is surely going to one man who would feel proud of what he has achieved and it won't be Okocha.

Last last, Great players win titles.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by TolaniLuv: 12:03am On Jul 10, 2015
It's not Mikel fault tho. I blame Chelsea why can't Chelsea loan dis bench warmer or just sell him off? It's obvious that he only care about the money he has no passion for football whatsoever .

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by histemple: 12:21am On Jul 10, 2015
ghostwalker:

I think you need to be flogged for deceiving yourself.

I was almost tempted to respond to you until I saw your profile name.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Whobedatte(m): 12:57am On Jul 10, 2015
H
Goodnuel:
Why didn't he make at the top of game?? He played for a lowly Bolton, why a lowly Bolton exactly??.

Ohk, Pele rated him, good and fine. Mikel was the best 2nd player at the u20 FIFA youth championship after Messi( Lot of persons believe he was actually the best and not Messi at the time) and also triggered the fight between two English giants(Man U vs Chelsea) over his signature.

Aren't you bothered that after all the class and skills of Okocha, all you can say about him is just what a Certain Pele said? That he could walk into the Brazil squad( What exactly is that?) is that what success in football means to you?.

I'm not comparing Mikel to Okocha, but when it's all said and done, Mikel remains the Most decorated player in nigeria.. he's been to the biggest stages in world football. He has the experience and the memory both sweet and bitter.. football is more than skills. There is a reason why Okocha didn't make it in europe. You should figure that.

When it's time to rest and recall year achievements, there is surely going to one man who would feel proud of what he has achieved and it won't be Okocha.

Last last, Great players win titles.
going by your logic. #Elphenomeno who never played inthe final final of the UCL is of a lesser pedigree in club football than torress or solsjaer who have won the biggest prize in club football
Messi has never won the any major trophy for Argentina, would you say a Pedro who has an European&world title belt with Spain is a better player?
Trophies don't determine excellence anymore. Cr7 won a balondor under a trophyless season. Rivaldo didn't win the UCL when he was crowned the best layer in the world
Mikel was just lucky to be in a team of champions why he won those trophies not because he commands an integral role
Anybody can win anything
Thomas varmaelen played only 1 game for barca this season and won a treble! Would you say he's better than a ramos who went trophyless?
Mikel is average and overrated. 4get under 20. He didn't use his real age that's why messi is light years ahead of him after few years

1 Like

Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by JayJustus(m): 1:47am On Jul 10, 2015
histemple:

I support good football and I like to be happy watching good players and teams. I have clubs, players and coaches I admire all over the continents. It's better to have a great impact on the game than being decorated as a mediocre player in a good club. Okocha didn't win any champions or premier league but he left an indelible mark on the round leather game. Pele recently announced that Okocha was the only African player that could walk straight to the Brazilian national team. That is the unforgettable recognition of an impact player.

the same Brazilian team that was trashed what 8:1 in the world cup?? hian...Pele eyaf curse okocha...issorait
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by ehigie(m): 2:30am On Jul 10, 2015
Mikel still dey play futuball? I think say him don retire since and come join Chelsea coaching crew cos the last time I see am for Chelsea, he help Mourinho hold drawing board for coaches side for Chelsea.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by ehigie(m): 2:49am On Jul 10, 2015
The problem be say most young Nigerian players are now bizness men. They are only concerned about the money even if e mean say them go die for bench.
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by EmekaBlue(m): 4:27am On Jul 10, 2015
No doubt Chelsea like him..If not Y dem no wan offload am since..Mikel abeg stay and put super effort next season so Barca or bigger club fit buy u
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by clefstone(m): 7:53am On Jul 10, 2015
histemple:

You need to wake up and research. Women are coaches, FA presidents, sports analysts, players, fans etc.
not as articulate as u
Re: Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? by Reference(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2015
youngsahito:
yaaa, but he is also one of d Africa most decorated player in histrory of Africa.wich club do you support if I may ask?

hmmm....and now he's a decoration in Chelsea's locker room.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cartoon Of Didier Drogba 'De Tito à Drogba' Released / Who Wins The CAF Award Today: Salah, Mane, Or Aubameyang? / Ivory Coast Vs Algeria: AFCON 2015 (3 - 1) ON 1st February 2015

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.