Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,911 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others (38502 Views)

Marilyn Ogar, Others Sent On 'Compulsory Retirement' / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / PHOTO Of DSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
Of course, Nigeria! The DSS is State funded and its core mandate is State driven. The typical top-dog of an intelligence agency who comes under an unbearable pressure to compromise the agency knows what to do. He owes it to his conscience, his professional integrity and his men who trust him to protect them to ensure the agency is not compromised!

BraniacX:

Fine, I want your opinion then, to whom will the new DSS as being metamorphosed under Buhari's guidance owe their ultimate loyalty to? Nigeria or Buhari?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by BraniacX(m): 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
odeotito:
Of course, Nigeria! The DSS is State funded and its core mandate is State driven. The typical top-dog of an intelligence agency who comes under an unbearable pressure to compromise the agency knows what to do. He owes it to his conscience, his professional integrity and his men who trust him to protect them to ensure the agency is not compromised!

And before GOD and man and your immortal soul, you can say all these about buhari's appointee and vouch for him abi?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by HARDDON: 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
nkemdi89:

You are even confused yourself, are you in support of one frustrated and untrained staff divulging info to journalist or what are you even saying co I didn't mention any political issue or witch hunting am talking about ethics.

What ethics?

Is there anything hidden again? If we can know all about d president, who r dose bloody civilians in uniform that ethics shld cover?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 07, 2015
If the mandate is not kept I will criticise him. How can I vouch for him? It is not in my place to do that. However, it is in my place to gauge his output and respond appropriately. I have no interest beyond that!
BraniacX:

And before GOD and man and your immortal soul, you can say all these about buhari's appointee and vouch for him abi?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by BraniacX(m): 7:09am On Jul 07, 2015
odeotito:
If the mandate is not kept I will criticise him. How can I vouch for him? It is not in my place to do that. However, it is in my place to gauge his output and respond appropriately. I have no interest beyond that!

A......................a...........................a........................a..............a.......................a....................n....................d .............. there we go undecided
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2015
Communicate effectively if indeed what you are about is constructive engagement for the betterment of society.
BraniacX:

A......................a...........................a........................a..............a.......................a....................n....................d .............. there we go undecided
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by BraniacX(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2015
odeotito:
Communicate effectively if indeed what you are about is constructive engagement for the betterment of society.

Betterment of the society is a plus but double standards and subtle hypocrisy are turn offs for me, you're not willing to stick your neck or your reputation for the new DG of the DSS but you were certain that his appointment though while not political was made to end the politicization of same said security department
You can't even be bold and read the signs as they should be read which is that his primary loyalties won't be to Nigeria and this is at a time we need them most.......imagine the combination of witch hunting and politicking in the DSS with the removal of military checkpoints? The results are there for us to see and please don't tell me am reading it wrongly
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by nkemdi89(f): 9:16am On Jul 07, 2015
HARDDON:

What ethics?

Is there anything hidden again? If we can know all about d president, who r dose bloody civilians in uniform that ethics shld cover?
There is something have come to realise on these forum, most of you are either students,corpers, job seekers, underemployed, unemployed, private workers or self employed so I won't be surprised if you fall into one these categories, so its needless for me taking my time to explain the rudiment or ethics involved in civil service. Unless you are civil servant you will understand so in which of the category are you?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2015
BraniacX:

Betterment of the society is a plus but double standards and subtle hypocrisy are turn offs for me, you're not willing to stick your neck or your reputation for the new DG of the DSS but you were certain that his appointment though while not political was made to end the politicization of same said security department
You can't even be bold and read the signs as they should be read which is that his primary loyalties won't be to Nigeria and this is at a time we need them most.......imagine the combination of witch hunting and politicking in the DSS with the removal of military checkpoints? The results are there for us to see and please don't tell me am reading it wrongly

Now you really are constructively engaging and am game! You seem to have a fixed mindset I'm in on "subtle hypocrisy". Let me assure you I'm no where near that! It stands to reason for me to be unwilling to stick my neck for an appointment I'm not involved in making - Never heard of the new DGSS before now! As for my seeming certainty he'll do better than his predecessor can you blame a fellow who craves light of whatever colour and shade after enduring an unnerving session of deep darkness! For me what matters the most now is the excision of the facilitators of the politicisation of the agency!! If that is what you see as witchhunting i can only say it is normal for pain to accompany the dressing of a wound! Icannot tire of saying that where the new DGSS goes the Ekpeyong way he will be get the heckling of his life and have his name go down in history as another lack-lustre and treacherous DGSS. If you have ever been in the intelligence world you'll know how greatly valued comradeship/trustworthiness to a common cause is in that line of endeavour! When the loyalty of a DGSS is not first to the cause of the nation he betrays the common cause of The Agency and their oath! Need i say more?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by HARDDON: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
nkemdi89:

There is something have come to realise on these forum, most of you are either students,corpers, job seekers, underemployed, unemployed, private workers or self employed so I won't be surprised if you fall into one these categories, so its needless for me taking my time to explain the rudiment or ethics involved in civil service. Unless you are civil servant you will understand so in which of the category are you?

how rude! only a very dull FSL Cert holder would be blessed with this classical grade f memory capacity.

and i dont bandy words with dumb people. way off your league, so Keep civil Serving and earning 18,500/month while ur mates are raking in millions within same period.

AN EAGLE HAS NO BIZ FRATERNIZING WITH A CRUDE BUSH RAT.
YOU STAND IGNORED HENCEFORTH
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by nkemdi89(f): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
HARDDON:

how rude! only a very dull FSL Cert holder would be blessed with this classical grade f memory capacity.

and i dont bandy words with dumb people. way off your league, so Keep civil Serving and earning 18,500/month while ur mates are raking in millions within same period.

AN EAGLE HAS NO BIZ FRATERNIZING WITH A CRUDE BUSH RAT.
YOU STAND IGNORED HENCEFORTH
You didn't communicate you only sounded like an angry bat, so you are biil gate and aliko. I can see you are ill informed and next time what you don't have idea about don't just write because you want to. Most of you come online and spew trash what have you contribute to the society? Infact who you don help?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by billyG(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
meforyou1:
I am talking of public service. Do you work in DSS to know what they have done? Do you know how many of them that were affected by the witch-hunting of one individual?
Witch hunt,so na witch she be now,so how that one come take concern u?pls explain.
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by BraniacX(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
odeotito:

Now you really are constructively engaging and am game! You seem to have a fixed mindset I'm in on "subtle hypocrisy". Let me assure you I'm no where near that! It stands to reason for me to be unwilling to stick my neck for an appointment I'm not involved in making - Never heard of the new DGSS before now! As for my seeming certainty he'll do better than his predecessor can you blame a fellow who craves light of whatever colour and shade after enduring an unnerving session of deep darkness! For me what matters the most now is the excision of the facilitators of the politicisation of the agency!! If that is what you see as witchhunting i can only say it is normal for pain to accompany the dressing of a wound! Icannot tire of saying that where the new DGSS goes the Ekpeyong way he will be get the heckling of his life and have his name go down in history as another lack-lustre and treacherous DGSS. If you have ever been in the intelligence world you'll know how greatly valued comradeship/trustworthiness to a common cause is in that line of endeavour! When the loyalty of a DGSS is not first to the cause of the nation he betrays the common cause of The Agency and their oath! Need i say more?

I have never been in the intel world but maybe you have and as such I make no assumptions of omniscience only deductive reasoning, pls tell me, of what purpose will this "depoliticisation" serve the common Nigerians on the street? Mind you am not asking what purpose it will serve the current ruling cabal and their affiliates, am talking of people like you who are vulnerable to attacks like the one that took place in Zaria today!! Of what good will this depoliticisation serve us especially if you factor in the upheaval that follows every overhaul of this sort especially when it comes at a time when we need the DSS to be doing the real job of intelligence gathering? You said you endured a deep session of unnerving gloom, I beg to differ, extrapolate the Boko haram activities before and after the last DGDSS was appointed into the correct time frame and judge him by the statistics and results that followed after his appointment alongside change in leadership in other military and intelligence forces after Jonathan did away with men he was rightly or wrongly of the opinion weren't fully committed to the fight against boko haram. Ekpeyongs time as DGDSS wasn't lack lustre, I watched tube videos of undercover DSS operatives both males and females being executed by boko haram a number of times, it may not be significant but cult gangs where I lived in Benin were infiltrated and neutralised and significant success was recorded against the militant sect just right to the end of GEJ's tenure so how would you now say this DSS was ineffective? I would have expected Buhari to build on the latter success of the GEJ administration against Boko haram but a combination of removal of military checkpoints and unnecessary house cleansing of the DSS and other security agencies have left us dangerously blind-sided and exposed and Nigerian citizens are paying the cost with their lives!!! Because truth be told, how can you concentrate on the job of intelligence gathering if you are unsure whether or not Damocle's sword is hanging over your head?

And as for your craving for light whatever the colour after a "prolonged" period of gloom, you haven't really stuck your head out to say it really is light have you? Afterall, you were not involved in his appointment and you cant speak of the real motives behind that appointment or has that changed?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
Well, my strongly held view which the management sciences support is that when an organisation deviates from its area of core-competence it soon becomes incompetent at fulfilling its core mandate. To succeed agencies like the DSS also need some good measure of Humint and where its operatives are deployed to terrorise and intimidate voters such Humint will be withheld to its detriment. Pointedly, let me ask you a question. In the state the DSS was in the latter part of Jonathan's rule (and probably still is presently) would you trust it well enough (having been so badly politicised and resultantly compromised) to share or volunteer Intel with it? If you would - I won't - because it is no longer a professional sec/Intel agency it was set up to be - it would, in all probability mismanage the info. So long, my friend!

BraniacX:

I have never been in the intel world but maybe you have and as such I make no assumptions of omniscience only deductive reasoning, pls tell me, of what purpose will this "depoliticisation" serve the common Nigerians on the street? Mind you am not asking what purpose it will serve the current ruling cabal and their affiliates, am talking of people like you who are vulnerable to attacks like the one that took place in Zaria today!! Of what good will this depoliticisation serve us especially if you factor in the upheaval that follows every overhaul of this sort especially when it comes at a time when we need the DSS to be doing the real job of intelligence gathering? You said you endured a deep session of unnerving gloom, I beg to differ, extrapolate the Boko haram activities before and after the last DGDSS was appointed into the correct time frame and judge him by the statistics and results that followed after his appointment alongside change in leadership in other military and intelligence forces after Jonathan did away with men he was rightly or wrongly of the opinion weren't fully committed to the fight against boko haram. Ekpeyongs time as DGDSS wasn't lack lustre, I watched tube videos of undercover DSS operatives both males and females being executed by boko haram a number of times, it may not be significant but cult gangs where I lived in Benin were infiltrated and neutralised and significant success was recorded against the militant sect just right to the end of GEJ's tenure so how would you now say this DSS was ineffective? I would have expected Buhari to build on the latter success of the GEJ administration against Boko haram but a combination of removal of military checkpoints and unnecessary house cleansing of the DSS and other security agencies have left us dangerously blind-sided and exposed and Nigerian citizens are paying the cost with their lives!!! Because truth be told, how can you concentrate on the job of intelligence gathering if you are unsure whether or not Damocle's sword is hanging over your head?

And as for your craving for light whatever the colour after a "prolonged" period of gloom, you haven't really stuck your head out to say it really is light have you? Afterall, you were not involved in his appointment and you cant speak of the real motives behind that appointment or has that changed?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by BraniacX(m): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
odeotito:
Well, my strongly held view which the management sciences support is that when an organisation deviates from its area of core-competence it soon becomes incompetent at fulfilling its core mandate. To succeed agencies like the DSS also need some good measure of Humint and where its operatives are deployed to terrorise and intimidate voters such Humint will be withheld to its detriment. Pointedly, let me ask you a question. In the state the DSS was in the latter part of Jonathan's rule (and probably still is presently) would you trust it well enough (having been so badly politicised and resultantly compromised) to share or volunteer Intel with it? If you would - I won't - because it is no longer a professional sec/Intel agency it was set up to be - it would, in all probability mismanage the info. So long, my friend!

You make certain assumptions and take your assumptions or should I say theories to be universal and therefore laws
Among your assumptions are the statements that the DSS has become largely political and i thought i had impressed upon you that it has never been apolitical although i know you'll beg to differ but as per this assumption of yours, the onus is on you to prove that the DSS has ever been apolitical and i wish you goodluck in that research endeavour, you'll need it!!! To the best of my knowledge, governments set agendas as per espionage, threats, classification of state secrets and what not and their respective intelligencia's strive to achieve those targets, GEJ's regime had boko haram to tackle amongst other challenges and i put it to you that the statistics of the last 9 months prove that the last DG DSS's was effective in tackling boko haram but please feel free to prove me wrong.
You make another assumption that the DSS was used to intimidate voters, please where and when and according to who? My take on that is that they did nothing to prevent voter intimidation from obvious partisans especially in the north, they turned a blind eye to murders, attacks even on the person of the then president himself!!! So please, where did you get this very imbalanced and lopsided view (my opinion though) of the DSS intimidating voters?
I have posed some questions to you and I think whichever response you give, i'll definitely enjoy reading
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Oh! I agree with you that each administration signposts the direction it wants the int agencies to go. However, the overall interest of the nation must ring through the directional thrust. I am unswerving in my conviction that the DSS during under Jonathan was manifestly politicised. Scour the newspapers for Marilyn Ogar Press Releases and you'll get my flow. As for voter intimidation - I saw DSS doing that realtime. Enjoy your evening Sir/Ma!
BraniacX:

You make certain assumptions and take your assumptions or should I say theories to be universal and therefore laws
Among your assumptions are the statements that the DSS has become largely political and i thought i had impressed upon you that it has never been apolitical although i know you'll beg to differ but as per this assumption of yours, the onus is on you to prove that the DSS has ever been apolitical and i wish you goodluck in that research endeavour, you'll need it!!! To the best of my knowledge, governments set agendas as per espionage, threats, classification of state secrets and what not and their respective intelligencia's strive to achieve those targets, GEJ's regime had boko haram to tackle amongst other challenges and i put it to you that the statistics of the last 9 months prove that the last DG DSS's was effective in tackling boko haram but please feel free to prove me wrong.
You make another assumption that the DSS was used to intimidate voters, please where and when and according to who? My take on that is that they did nothing to prevent voter intimidation from obvious partisans especially in the north, they turned a blind eye to murders, attacks even on the person of the then president himself!!! So please, where did you get this very imbalanced and lopsided view (my opinion though) of the DSS intimidating voters?
I have posed some questions to you and I think whichever response you give, i'll definitely enjoy reading
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by BraniacX(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
odeotito:
Oh! I agree with you that each administration signposts the direction it wants the int agencies to go. However, the overall interest of the nation must ring through the directional thrust. I am unswerving in my conviction that the DSS during under Jonathan was manifestly politicised. Scour the newspapers for Marilyn Ogar Press Releases and you'll get my flow. As for voter intimidation - I saw DSS doing that realtime. Enjoy your evening Sir/Ma!

Your conviction might be good enough for you but not good enough for me, am sorry let's not argue about perspectives, let's argue about results, were the former DG DSS results acceptable to you or not?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
For me, a good DGSS is one who operates in a manner that encourages humint!
BraniacX:

Your conviction might be good enough for you but not good enough for me, am sorry let's not argue about perspectives, let's argue about results, were the former DG DSS results acceptable to you or not?
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Dasini: 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
The comments about this purported sack is indeed annoying, I read some supporting this ogar of a woman, in a decent society where proffessionalism and ethnics are adored. I don't expect anyone to raise eyebrow against her resignation. I had hoped for her dismissal. Call it witch-hunt or whatever you like. The truth remains, PMB will foolish if he allows people like these remain in his government. They are great threat to his govt ,that he must weed out. These are guys are unproffessional and are indeed the architect of their own misfortune, most especially maryln ogar, she throws caution to air forgeting election could go either way. For a career civil servant like her, I think it is a shame. Our institutions need cleansing and re-orientation. An agency like DSS should owe it loyalty to state and not individual or party. Maryln experience and her other colleague shud serve as deterent to others. God bless our land.
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by BraniacX(m): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
odeotito:
For me, a good DGSS is one who operates in a manner that encourages humint!

That is not his job description, the codes of conduct for those in the secret services are vague and largely unwritten if i may remind you, and morals doesn't come into play much often and good and evil is just a matter of the perspective of which side of the divide you're on, that is,if any differentiation between good and evil exists in the first place and if it does, it will be blurry and interpreted to suit convenience. One thing that is constant however, in the secret services is the drive for results irrespective of the means taken to achieve it so until you can tell me the results were terrible, pls kindly put this humint search in the Secret services to rest! It just doesn't fly
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 11, 2015
BraniacX:

That is not his job description, the codes of conduct for those in the secret services are vague and largely unwritten if i may remind you, and morals doesn't come into play much often and good and evil is just a matter of the perspective of which side of the divide you're on, that is,if any differentiation between good and evil exists in the first place and if it does, it will be blurry and interpreted to suit convenience. One thing that is constant however, in the secret services is the drive for results irrespective of the means taken to achieve it so until you can tell me the results were terrible, pls kindly put this humint search in the Secret services to rest! It just doesn't fly

The self-evident need no further proof!
Re: A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others by BraniacX(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
odeotito:

The self-evident need no further proof!

Am glad to end your disambiguity, they are not politicians or popstars and therefore don't live by or for ratings and to expect that of them is ............ is ................
Well it is safe to say you have a right to demand results though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Declares Sit-At-Home Tomorrow. Warns Emmanuel Kanu. / #PMBInLagos: Buhari Lands In Lagos To Commission Dangote Fertiliser Plant / I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.