Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (695437 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
ceejay80s:

Maxtron and bluegate uses same panel/board and its available, is urs 12v or 24v ? Go to army arena and get the board .
But if u can remove the board , remove it and take it there and buy that exact type or carry the ups to that place, u must go with the board or ups for board replacement
24v. How will I know a good board. The only problem with mine is that it makes a loud buzzing sound when I use the normal load I normally use. But Neva used to make sounds with the normal load.
It doesn't make noise when the load is low
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
ceejay80s:

Maxtron and bluegate uses same panel/board and its available, is urs 12v or 24v ? Go to army arena and get the board .
But if u can remove the board , remove it and take it there and buy that exact type or carry the ups to that place, u must go with the board or ups for board replacement
The mosfet On my shows no sign of burn that's why I am asking how to know a good one
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
Donald3d:
ceejay80s
Omo dis thread don long die !

I am a programmer and computer persin grin
I spend like 600 on fuel everyday ,like 18k every month !!!
The thing wan kill person

I want to port o

Here is the setup I am planning

I have no electronics in my place ,just laptop (NO time for TV ,when I am bored just download film watch for laptop)
Planning on going hybrid (Solar and Wind )
I studied EE(Elect Elect Engineering)

Building the wind isn't a problem (all i need is a condemned fan)
Building charge controller isn't (would cost me max of 2k to build)
Building the inverter myself isnt (or I might just use the UPS to save my time)(max of 1.5k for 500w-1000w if i want to build)
And thinking of starting out with a 7AH battery( 2 pcs ) ,till I get more cash .

Here is the circuit(for charger ) i intend using
[img]http://4.bp..com/-sVUcsavHKck/VjHhbUepSPI/AAAAAAAALt4/4BCamjXSgk0/s1600/two%2Binput%2Bsolar%2Bwind%2Bcharger%2Bcircuit.png[/img]

I am not experienced with Solar however
I am on a very low budget(Thats why I am building everything myself + my electronics knowledge)

So I just want to ask, can i use -dont laugh at me oo - a 10/20/40 watt solar panel.(max of 13k)
Based on my calculations it should work(but would take longer to charge the battery-I would build a charger for it ) ,but in practical i am not sure .
I need some inputs please

ADVICE: Nairalanders if you are on a budget ,and you have some knowledge try to build stuff on your own , all this companies making all this inverters and smart chargers are just chopping you.Transistor is #20,Diode is #5. Even if you don't have the knowledge you can acquire it !!!.

MODIFIED :Also thinking of putting the solar panel inside on the window, then redirect sunlight with a mirror(because I live in a rough area make dem no go break am for me grin and i can't install on roof ).

true... i built a charge controller myself. i was so happy seeing it work. i later retired it sha because it needed servicing and wasnt so efficient. but it worked.

the circuit is online if you want. the core component was a 555 timer
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
ceejay80s:

enjoy!!!!!
nepa dey really show person but thank God for solar, i dont have to pay GOD SOLAR BILL, na only prayer and worship God need

pls d other ups removed from your office are they u for sale? if yes specs and price pls
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
@Trippledots
long time oga
I still remember your controller inside ragolis bottle.
How far? Our whatsapp group still dey?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
Trippledots:

pls d other ups removed from your office are they u for sale? if yes specs and price pls
No
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2017
brogxy:

24v. How will I know a good board. The only problem with mine is that it makes a loud buzzing sound when I use the normal load I normally use. But Neva used to make sounds with the normal load.
It doesn't make noise when the load is low

Take it to army arena oshodi for repair
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
teamsynergy:
I av been researching on making an efficient and cost-effective fueless and so called free energy...
1. am thinking of using the electric grinder the coblers use to smoothen shoes, to drive a 1.5 or 2kva gen coil. as the grinder drives the coil, it generate electricity and then gen in turn, it supply the grinder and the rest can be used to power ur home...not sure aw that is gonna work out though
2. using a 10watt fan to blow the wings of a wind turbine .... if it drives a 400watt turbine effectively, its gonna charge battery and power inverter and then power the fan and the home indefinitely....

I don't know if u guyz get the gist...
not sure if its gonna work well sha....
has anyone tried dis before?
valto, ceejay80s, bishop4life and everyone.......

great idea.

but you can gain months or years of hard work of trying and failing by doing a research online to check what others have already done in that area.

there are things like conservation of energy, efficiency etc that needs to be considered in doing this.

goodluck bruh.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
Feshizzy:
@saint2ace
@laposta
@officialfestus
@teamsynergy
@ other notable member regarding to sustainable free energy.

Kindly view this link and tell if it could be truly sustainable or what are the flaws so we could tweak it a bit more.

@oga cj abeg no vex for this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRJUAL2-jY

i wish he can mathematically prove that he is generating over unity...numbers dont lie if we dont make them to.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
spyglaxx:
@Trippledots
long time oga
I still remember your controller inside ragolis bottle.
How far? Our whatsapp group still dey?

OHH..LOL i have an insider/witness here....yes it stil there but nothing going on again.

i barely have time these days. how are you?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
ceejay80s:

Take it to army arena oshodi for repair
OK tnks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
ceejay80s:

I wil advise u go wit d ups so dt u can fix n confirm its working
Meanwhile, if u r sure its d mosfet dt is bad, nst buy anoda n fix
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 12:22am On Feb 21, 2017
brogxy:

The mosfet On my shows no sign of burn that's why I am asking how to know a good one
if u dnt knw abt electronics, advise u tak it to oshodi 4 repairs. dmt wound ursef

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by omotech: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
ceejay80s:

used 40ah should be around 15k-17k now

instead of buying 12v 1.2kva ups why not buy 1.55kva ,na just 1k difference
Pls how much is this 1.55kva?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
omotech:
Pls how much is this 1.55kva?

call 08034627274 , he should be able to tell u his current price, i no fit give u price wey no be me get shop
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by shegotmail: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
Turks:
Anytime ma'am smiley

Wish I could send a picture to @Turks and @Ceejay. grin grin grin grin grin Enjoying my 1 KVA inverter, it's on for about 8 hours when fully charged and 5 hours when moderately charged. Carries laptop 4 bulbs, 2 Fans (1 Industrial fan) and charges 4 phones. Not tried a TV yet. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. wink[color=#000099][/color]

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:05am On Feb 22, 2017
shegotmail:

Wish I could send a picture to @Turks and @Ceejay. grin grin grin grin grin Enjoying my 1 KVA inverter, it's on for about 8 hours when fully charged and 5 hours when moderately charged. Carries laptop 4 bulbs, 2 Fans (1 Industrial fan) and charges 4 phones. Not tried a TV yet. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. wink[color=#000099][/color]

Remove the industrial fan/ceiling fan and u get more time ,u can use low watts standing fan, hope ur bulbs are energy savers at least 5w - 15w , u can increase ur 8hr usage time if u remove all the energy consuming appliances.
Reduce ur laptop screen brightness and contrast and set laptop screen mode to sleep in one ot two minutes when not in use, always pay attention to ur inverter and know when its overloaded or when battery is weak

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 7:52am On Feb 22, 2017
As CeeJay80s has rightly said, You shouldn't use industrial Fan with that setup. It'll give lesser online time. One full charge serves me for over 3days; I use a 200ah battery.
shegotmail:

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by jozivill: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2017
teamsynergy:
I av been researching on making an efficient and cost-effective fueless and so called free energy...
1. am thinking of using the electric grinder the coblers use to smoothen shoes, to drive a 1.5 or 2kva gen coil. as the grinder drives the coil, it generate electricity and then gen in turn, it supply the grinder and the rest can be used to power ur home...not sure aw that is gonna work out though
2. using a 10watt fan to blow the wings of a wind turbine .... if it drives a 400watt turbine effectively, its gonna charge battery and power inverter and then power the fan and the home indefinitely....

I don't know if u guyz get the gist...
not sure if its gonna work well sha....
has anyone tried dis before?
valto, ceejay80s, bishop4life and everyone.......
bro I also have this idea; they also tried something similar at landmark university. Its possible if great minds can put heads together and make it work. I am interested... Please watsapp me let's talk 08147455366
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by jozivill: 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
saint2ace:

Good thinking teamsynergy, just like you a lot of people have been looking at free energy and how to optimally tap into it using the little we have around us or even building a model from crap, though it makes sense the practically application may not work as we anticipate it to non-the-less i believe in achieving the impossible, a lot of the things we have today were labelled impossible at one time but today they are everyday gadgets which makes life easier.

@laposta i assume you have nurtured the same ideas as teamsynergy at one time or else you won't have known about the youtube videos and the fact that they are either real or a hoax; meaning that at one time it all made sense or you were trying to make sense of it, that should be a driving force and not hindrance; because someone debunked a theory doesn't necessarily mean the theory is useless, it just means it needs more work to get it to the final stage.

It's a known fact that you might not be able to get something out of noting but you can modify the twist and "get so much from very little". Let me explain from his first illustration do you think it's possible to start the motor with a battery setup to gain momentum, connect it to a pulley system that reduces latency and drag and hook it up to a flywheel to generate more momentum and then hook that to a pulley system too to reduce drag and then connect that to an alternator system which generates electricity in multiples of what can be achieved by the little 1HP motor, let's say plug in a 3.5KVA alternator; then use the electricity generated to keep the system running (disconnect from the battery and hook up to a dedicated mains) while you use the excess to run your appliances and possibly connect it to an existing inverter system, batteries are charged and after you get full charge you turn of the system and use the power from the inverter set up. Then whenever it's low you start the process all over again.

Second Illustration, using an old fan for a windmill ( though this may not work optimally except you use a bigger rotor system, lets say a used ceiling fan or the rotor system of an old washing machine) both rotors requires about 70 - 120 watts of power to run dem but in reverse polarity where the rotor becomes a rotating generator made possible by the magnets and the coil system inherent in the rotor it can actually produce up to 400watts of power given enough momentum; now we come to the main question what and how can we generate that momentum to achieve a decent RPM that will in turn produce enough power?

That should be what we should be looking at, these things are abundant everywhere from looking at locations with enough wind to alternatively looking at using hydro power for people who might live where there is a spring or an irrigation pathway; we just need a meeting point between what is realistic and what is not based on our present situations or limitations but "impossible" is never an option.

Anyone who has an idea should please chip in if you like but let's not discourage one another..... One Love.
. Wow this is fantastic. I would love to be in a team with great minds like you. People that sees the positive side of ideas. I think we need a forum dedicated to energy innovation. Please where are you located?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
jozivill:
. Wow this is fantastic. I would love to be in a team with great minds like you. People that sees the positive side of ideas. I think we need a forum dedicated to energy innovation. Please where are you located?

Thanks a bunch for the compliment, you are well appreciated. Unfortunately i don't belong to any group or team, i just like postulations, theories and trying to think out of the box, there are a lot of people here who are positive thinkers unfortunately they are too scared to speak up for fear of criticism and the bashing generally attributed to "nairaland" and most places where people enjoy to put down others, but i know that those voices can't be killed but will speak out one day.

Why don't you start a topic on alternative energy and see the kind of response you can get, i can do it but i don't want to. i'm encouraging others to take a forefront and see the kind on contributions that will flow that way... All it would take will be about 20mins of your time to get the ball rolling, so what do u think?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
jozivill:
bro I also have this idea; they also tried something similar at landmark university. Its possible if great minds can put heads together and make it work. I am interested... Please watsapp me let's talk 08147455366

nice idea, whic electricity wil u use to power the grinder n fan at d initial stage bf dey stays "doin d job"
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2017
jozivill:

wow, nice tinkin
gud idea....mayb a whatsapp grp can do alot or wat do u tink
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Afritechs(m): 11:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
The Facebook-owned app debuts a feature that lets you post photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours. Read more? http://www.afriteche.com/2017/02/whatsapp-adds-touch-of-snapchat-with.html
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 11:37am On Feb 24, 2017
I need a 20watt LED Tv

grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Trippledots(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
ceejay80s:

Remove the industrial fan/ceiling fan and u get more time ,u can use low watts standing fan, hope ur bulbs are energy savers at least 5w - 15w , u can increase ur 8hr usage time if u remove all the energy consuming appliances.
Reduce ur laptop screen brightness and contrast and set laptop screen mode to sleep in one ot two minutes when not in use, always pay attention to ur inverter and know when its overloaded or when battery is weak

pls have anu idea where i can get 12v tv set to buy?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
Trippledots:

I don't know, try alaba or ladipo warehouse , but becareful,don't go alone, take two of ur friends with u ,especially to that Alaba
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yarduni: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
How much will it cost presently to make your build op?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
Trippledots:

u can get a brand new 12v 22/24/26 inches tv at alaba. prices varies.. a good full 24 inches Led tv should be around 40k. (u can get a 35w rated 26 inches brand new LED tv for 45k in alaba) i av good contacts there and i buy my goods there too.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
ceejay80s:

I don't know, try alaba or ladipo warehouse , but becareful,don't go alone, take two of ur friends with u ,especially to that Alaba
heard things about this alaba market....wetin dey that market wey only one person nor fit go

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.