Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,843 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (695438 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
Feshizzy:

This conversation sweet no be small grin grin
But one quick question though,
How do you connect the fan and what's the principle behind it?

For me,
I dey connect the fan inside the ups in a way that the breeze dey face board and part of the fan dey face under the board,
I no dey bore any extra hole for the ups body,
I go just allow make d breeze blow the pcb and since na continous, the breeze go come reach the transformer and back to the fan backyard make the fan sef cool down.
So that way no breeze is wasted! cheesy cheesy

I stand corrected all the same,
But me go like hear yours,
Make i know if I dey do anything wrong.
Thanks

#TeamFreeEnergy
I still dey wait una response for that video wein I send.
Make una no just look commot face.

saint2ace:

Good thinking teamsynergy, just like you a lot of people have been looking at free energy and how to optimally tap into it using the little we have around us or even building a model from crap, though it makes sense the practically application may not work as we anticipate it to non-the-less i believe in achieving the impossible, a lot of the things we have today were labelled impossible at one time but today they are everyday gadgets which makes life easier.

@laposta i assume you have nurtured the same ideas as teamsynergy at one time or else you won't have known about the youtube videos and the fact that they are either real or a hoax; meaning that at one time it all made sense or you were trying to make sense of it, that should be a driving force and not hindrance; because someone debunked a theory doesn't necessarily mean the theory is useless, it just means it needs more work to get it to the final stage.

It's a known fact that you might not be able to get something out of noting but you can modify the twist and "get so much from very little". Let me explain from his first illustration do you think it's possible to start the motor with a battery setup to gain momentum, connect it to a pulley system that reduces latency and drag and hook it up to a flywheel to generate more momentum and then hook that to a pulley system too to reduce drag and then connect that to an alternator system which generates electricity in multiples of what can be achieved by the little 1HP motor, let's say plug in a 3.5KVA alternator; then use the electricity generated to keep the system running (disconnect from the battery and hook up to a dedicated mains) while you use the excess to run your appliances and possibly connect it to an existing inverter system, batteries are charged and after you get full charge you turn of the system and use the power from the inverter set up. Then whenever it's low you start the process all over again.

Second Illustration, using an old fan for a windmill ( though this may not work optimally except you use a bigger rotor system, lets say a used ceiling fan or the rotor system of an old washing machine) both rotors requires about 70 - 120 watts of power to run dem but in reverse polarity where the rotor becomes a rotating generator made possible by the magnets and the coil system inherent in the rotor it can actually produce up to 400watts of power given enough momentum; now we come to the main question what and how can we generate that momentum to achieve a decent RPM that will in turn produce enough power?

That should be what we should be looking at, these things are abundant everywhere from looking at locations with enough wind to alternatively looking at using hydro power for people who might live where there is a spring or an irrigation pathway; we just need a meeting point between what is realistic and what is not based on our present situations or limitations but "impossible" is never an option.

Anyone who has an idea should please chip in if you like but let's not discourage one another..... One Love.

@Feshizzy we no comot eye oh but that particular model was explained in my first post in the previous page, see details above but after going through the video again i'm just wondering how he's sustaining the batteries if there's a charger somewhere cos the battery connection shows it's a 24VDC system cos it's in series and that means the motor is a 24VDC motor thus you cannot run it with a 12VDC input as might be gotten from connecting it directly to the power source generated by the alternator, so there must be a 24VDC battery charger or charge controller attached somewhere, make una look the thing put mouth for the matter .... Jah bless..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
laposta:

He will achieve the same result and even better by simply attempting to plug the ups directly to the battery and plug the smart charget to the UPS, back to the battery. That way he will save the heat lost in the brushless motor and brushless alternator... grin

However, I postulated earlier, this set up would work for a few hours or even a few days but you will eventually kill the 200ah battery cos you're taking more energy from it than the 50amps battery charger can ever put back into it.

As long as components of the system generates heat, that heat is power lost in the system which means the system cannot be 100% effective. The system described above will run itself endlessly if it was 100% efficient (which is not practical). For you to now assume you can draw power from it to power your own lighting needs and still maintain the system means you expect the system to be more than 100% efficient.

Anyway, it will be good to debunk the myth of a "fueless" generator. So I will wish you success in your endeavour. Please share with us your story when you're done.
thanks man
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
saint2ace:

@laposta my guy, i like your spirit and i appreciate the fact that you're an intellect else you wouldn't identify the flaw in the above system, so for as long as this "class" will last (lol); you'll play our "devils advocate". You don't have to be nice about it, just be who you are and let's see if we can force our minds to re-route and see a better alternative, deal?

But before we proceed, remember the scenerio painted by officalfestus was seen on a program as demonstrated by a young inventor and thus not his idea but a model to show that a system can work even if it's crude and might tire out in the long run, our task as intellects now comes to play, first can we modify this and create a better system? You made an attempt which seems to be better than the original but also flawed in itself, becos though you created a loop system the level of output far outweighs the level of input and thus, it cannot be sustainable even though it might save a bit of juice, saved from eliminating the heat inducting elements, it will still fail in the long run.

Like i said earlier we might not 100% eliminate a fuelless situation but we can try to bring it to the barest minimum, let me paint 2 scenarios; the first using the above model, let say ---->Power from the ups----->12volt brushless motor(120v delivering 2500rpm)------>20amps dc brushless alternator----->20amps battery charger---->to the 200ah battery ----->12volt 1500va ups------>Load as well as 12volts brushless motor

Scenario 2: Taking an existing windmill setup which consists of the WINDMILL(400W) -----> WIND CHARGE CONTROLLER(300W 50A)-----> 400AH BATTERIES -----> 2.5KVA 24VDC INVERTER -----> LOAD...
That being a typical setup of a windmill installation but we now add a twist to it, the windmill rotor can produce energy at low RPM as compared to other alternators, so we get a windmill alternator and power it with a brushless permanent magnet motor one that delivers 2500RPM at 120w then integrate a pulley system to reduce latency and drag and help produce momentum and then power the motor from the output of the inverter.

So our diagram will no be POWER FROM INVERTER ----->BRUSHLESS MOTOR(120W)-----> PULLEY SYSTEM----->WINDMILL ALTERNATOR(400W) -----> WIND CHARGE CONTROLLER(300W 50A)-----> 400AH BATTERIES -----> 2.5KVA 24VDC INVERTER -----> LOAD including BRUSHLESS MOTOR.

So does anyone feel this can work @laposta ur honest opinion please...
to the bolded,yes it will work,(why?)because eco-friendly electric car is more faster than a crude oil dependable car......
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
ALAN TAYLOR |JUL 26, 2016 28 PHOTOS |IN FOCUS The journey took a very long time—505 days to fly 26,000 miles (42,000 km) at an average speed of about 45 mph (70 kph)—but pilots Bertrand Piccard and Andre Borschberg successfully landed the Solar Impulse 2 aircraft in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday, after flying around the world using only the power of the Sun. Solar Impulse 2 is a solar- powered aircraft equipped with more than 17,000 solar cells that Flying Around the World in a Solar Powered Plane weighs only 2.4 tons with a wingspan of 235 ft (72 m). Technical challenges, poor flying conditions, and a delicate aircraft all contributed to the slow pace. Gathered here are images from the record-setting circumnavigation, undertaken to help focus the world’s efforts to develop renewable energy sources.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2017
officialfestus:
ALAN TAYLOR |JUL 26, 2016 28 PHOTOS |IN FOCUS The journey took a very long time—505 days to fly 26,000 miles (42,000 km) at an average speed of about 45 mph (70 kph)—but pilots Bertrand Piccard and Andre Borschberg successfully landed the Solar Impulse 2 aircraft in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday, after flying around the world using only the power of the Sun. Solar Impulse 2 is a solar- powered aircraft equipped with more than 17,000 solar cells that Flying Around the World in a Solar Powered Plane weighs only 2.4 tons with a wingspan of 235 ft (72 m). Technical challenges, poor flying conditions, and a delicate aircraft all contributed to the slow pace. Gathered here are images from the record-setting circumnavigation, undertaken to help focus the world’s efforts to develop renewable energy sources.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 9:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
Third solar contract loading... God help me with this dollar wahala ohh.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:47am On Feb 18, 2017
spyglaxx:
If only africans can think and break the rules. If only we can dare. If if ifffffffff.:...:.:..:...:..:.:..:..... I have not payed NEPA bills since last year because solar energy is the bomb.

Lol

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
the 10w fan no dey oshodi again o, i only got one today but needed two, searched every shop and it wasnt available, i really need one for myself now ,nairalanders don buy am finish
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BlossomJey: 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
ceejay80s:

battery

Sir I was asking about the power ratings of the battery sir.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kianoe4400(m): 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
ceejay80s:
the 10w fan no dey oshodi again o, i only got one today but needed two, searched every shop and it wasnt available, i really need one for myself now ,nairalanders don buy am finish

Na me buy d last two

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
i don call all d numbers here for 24v smart charger, non of dem get... na to enter market be DAT ooo..... if u av any contact wey get 24v 30a or 40a pls drop d contact....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
ceejay80s:

ur pic shows a 1000w inverter with no power cord that goes electric , i will prefer a 1.55kva, blue gate ups to that inverter,although the 1.55kva ups is around 800w,
reason is when ever theres light and the 1000w inverter will still be taking current from battery, u can only enjoy it when theres light and the inverter load is off,
but with ups or any inverter with power cord, when ever there is light,it switches to nepa mode and wont depend on battery unless nepa carries their light,
so my brother think am well, a 1000w inverter with power cord that goes to light is a bit expensive, so ups is ur sure bet

gud inovation bro, e can stil use d inverter but need to add diode from the inverter input to the battery. Diode allows current flow in only one way, ds wil nt allow d current flowing to the inverter wen nt needed.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
Donald3d:

grin grin grin
u no dey sleep ?
This one na small thing na
People dey build aeroplane i wan build inverter u dey talk liver ?,liver ko kidney ni tongue tongue
grin grin grin

bro go ahead wit d circuit but mak sure u dnt use patch wires oooo beta stil, connect via d copper prints on d board and if u won use patch wires, use stronger 1...
stay blessed
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
Donald3d:

tell me about solar joor tongue tongue

solar is gud too, u can even build urs too..
jst gst solar cells (photovoltaic cells) den connect depending on d rating u wnt.
The solar panel rating shld not be too high for ur ba3. For full use of the ba3 n efficiency, 200AH ba3 shld b charged wit 240W solar panel (20A)'''
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Donald3d(m): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
topsonjto:

jst gst solar cells (photovoltaic cells) den connect depending on d rating u wnt.
The solar panel rating shld not be too high for ur ba3. For full use of the ba3 n efficiency, 200AH ba3 shld b charged wit 240W solar panel (20A)'''
I don find solar cell tire
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
ceejay80s:
Thank God for this rain wey just help me wash dust away from my solar panel on roof , I no get 1k to rent ladder for this recession

bro, abeg hw much u buy d solar panel n wats d rating....
oight to build al ds stuffs mysef but no time to do dt.
Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
Donald3d:
I don find solar cell tire
na ds dollar dey cause, its really expensive ds days, call ds guy IK 08037130364 AUSTINO 08033293651
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Donald3d(m): 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
topsonjto:

na ds dollar dey cause, its really expensive ds days, call ds guy
IK 08037130364
AUSTINO 08033293651

Thanks man , would give him a call. wink wink
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
topsonjto:

na ds dollar dey cause, its really expensive ds days, call ds guy IK 08037130364 AUSTINO 08033293651
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
topsonjto:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
This goes for like 79k.
topsonjto:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
teamsynergy:
i don call all d numbers here for 24v smart charger, non of dem get... na to enter market be DAT ooo..... if u av any contact wey get 24v 30a or 40a pls drop d contact....

24v charger no dey move market like12v , that's why e go hard to see the 24v 30amp, u last bet na Alaba,
24g 20amp is available but I am looking at the time it will take to fully charge u batteries inside this nepa 2min daily light
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
ceejay80s:

24v charger no dey move market like12v , that's why e go hard to see the 24v 30amp, u last bet na Alaba,
24g 20amp is available but I am looking at the time it will take to fully charge u batteries inside this nepa 2min daily light
na gen d client wan dey use charge am sef..if I no see 30amps na 20 I go buy be dat for 2-100ah batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kianoe4400(m): 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
teamsynergy:

na gen d client wan dey use charge am sef..if I no see 30amps na 20 I go buy be dat for 2-100ah batteries

I have 24v 50amp fast erricson charger used by mtn for sale, it charges real fast buh its not a smart charger, buh it sure does d job..contact me if interested
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
ceejay80s:

Bro, abeg hw much is 12v 40AH battery n 12v 1.2kva fr oshodi nw?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Fikifak(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
ceejay80s:

how many blade was damaged? Is the fan still working? If yes, sell it to me 1k and go buy a new one for 3k

Watch on jiji
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ivobobul: 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Fikifak:

Watch on jiji

ok i'm watching
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oloet: 7:12am On Feb 20, 2017
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:45am On Feb 20, 2017
topsonjto:

Bro, abeg hw much is 12v 40AH battery n 12v 1.2kva fr oshodi nw?

used 40ah should be around 15k-17k now

instead of buying 12v 1.2kva ups why not buy 1.55kva ,na just 1k difference
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by topsonjto(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2017
ceejay80s:

tanx bro
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
ceejay80s:

I ve maxtron 1.7kva ups. I don't know if I can get the board for it. It seems the mosfet is bad. If I can a board, how do I know a good board
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
brogxy:

I ve maxtron 1.7kva ups. I don't know if I can get the board for it. It seems the mosfet is bad. If I can a board, how do I know a good board
Maxtron and bluegate uses same panel/board and its available, is urs 12v or 24v ? Go to army arena and get the board .
But if u can remove the board , remove it and take it there and buy that exact type or carry the ups to that place, u must go with the board or ups for board replacement

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.