Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Errors Of The Doctrine Of Oneness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Errors Of The Doctrine Of Oneness (1350 Views)

Logical Understanding Of Trinity (elohim) - Establishing The Doctrine Of Godhead / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / The Doctrine Of The Ufos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Errors Of The Doctrine Of Oneness by FreshGreen: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
THE ERRORS OF ONENESS DOCTRINE
Some group of Christians in different parts of the world believe and teach a doctrine called Oneness, that Jesus Christ is the same Person as God and He is also the same Holy Spirit; that there is no Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but is a single Personality performing the roles of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Here is correction from God's Word on this error:

John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

If God is the same personality as Jesus, how can Bible say God sent Someone else called Jesus? That means they are two different Personalities. If they were one, Bible would have said, " For God so loved the world that He came to the world in the person of Jesus" That would have made sense if He were the Father and the Son at the same time.

If the Bible says GOD sent His SON, then God is the Father and His Son is Jesus. The Bible clearly mentioned God and HIS SON, that a GOD sent HIS SON, and you are saying "No, He has no Son, or He is the Son who sent Himself, he was only deceiving us by saying SON, He is the same Person. If God is the same Son, that means there is a deception. But the scripture cannot be broken and God is ever truthful. God was in heaven, He sent His only begotten SON to the Word.

John 17:1 "Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You." If Jesus was the same God, meaning the heavenly God descended to earth in the form of Jesus, that means heaven was empty of God at that period. If God the Father was the same God the Son of Jesus Christ, then how can Bible say Jesus Christ, when on earth, lifted up His eyes to Heaven - meaning there was still a God in Heaven or was He praying to an empty chair in heaven or angels of heaven like Catholics?

If God the Father is same as God the Son of Jesus Christ, then who was Jesus praying to when He lifted up His eyes to heaven? Was He praying to Himself?

John 14:24" He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me." JESUS CHRIST clearly said Sombody sent Him, but the Onesness doctrine people said, No, it is a lie, nobody sent Him, He sent Himself, He is the Father who sent Himself as the Son. That means Jesus was lying? Jesus Christ expressly said He who sent Him was greater than Him, the Oneness doctrine people say that is not true, that He is equal with Himself and no greater Person anywhere else. Jesus Christ said He was going back to His Father, but the Oneness doctrine say it is a lie, that Jesus was only going back to Himself, He was the same Father and Son and there was no Father anywhere He was going back to. What should we believe, the doctrines of Oneness or the scriptures that cannot be broken?

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth. The Bible says that Jesus Christ was promoted by God, the Oneness doctrine says it is a lie, He only promoted Himself, He is the same God who promoted Himself. The Bible says Jesus Christ is in form of God, but not equal with God, and He never considered or thought of being equal with God through a robbery means as Satan wanted to do, but the Oneness doctrine people said Jesus is equal with God, that in fact He is the same God.

Concerning the throne, here is what the Bible says, "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Rev. 3:21. If you were confused of the statements of Jesus Christ while on earth when He mentioned His Father, now while in heaven He still mentioned His Father, is that not clear enough that He was not the Father?

"as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Rev. 3:21. JESUS CHRIST Himself said while in heaven, at this time, that He overcame on earth, and now He is in heaven with His Father, and seating with His Father's throne, and that if we Christians who are still on earth overcome sin, satan and self, that we will also seat with Him.

Rev. 4:9, " Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever" THAT PERSONALITY WHO SITS ON THE THRONE IS GOD, RIGHT?

Rev. 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals." IN THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD WAS A THRONE, RIGHT?

Rev. 5:6, "And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth." THE LAMB HERE IS THE SON OF GOD WHO WAS SLAIN, RIGHT? HERE, WE CAN SEE TWO PERSONALITIES - One who sits on throne and Another Person in the midst of the elders as a Lamb.

Rev. 5:7 "Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne. The "He" starting with capital letter, being the Lamb, came to the "Him" who sits on the throne from Rev. chapter 4? That is GOD THE FATHER, and now, another "He" comes to Him who sits on the throne - that is JESUS CHRIST.

Rev. 5:13, "And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and
power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!” HERE WE CAN CLEARLY SEE THAT THERE IS ONE PERSONALITY SITTING ON THE THRONE AND ANOTHER PERSONALITY CALLED THE LAMB.

From there we can see that The Lamb collect something from Him who sits on the throne. Are they still the same Personality? NO!

Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God not the God. John the Baptist said Behold the Lamb of God who took away the son of the world. John 1:29. He did not say "Behold God who took away the sin of the world. So Jesus Christ is the Lamb not the God. In heaven, The Lamb collects a scroll from Him who sits on the throne. Sir, they are two different Personalities but united together in One.

BIBLICAL CONCLUSION: The doctrines of Oneness is not only opposite to the Word of God as clearly stated in the scripture, but it is also a misleading, misguiding and misinterpretation of the scripture. No matter how little or minus a misinterpretation of the scripture is, it can ruin many things in a Christian life and ministry.

Are you ready to rededicate your life to Jesus now or start a new life? Then repent! Confess all your sins, forsake them all and ask Jesus to forgive, cleanse you and save you. Please click on this link and read on how to be genuinely saved and start new life in Jesus and pray as directed
https://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-to-be-saved-and-start-a-new-life-in-Jesus/270674586372252
You can also contact us if you godly counsel or you have issues, restitution to make, confession or burden in your mind and you need Biblical counseling and prayer without any church attachment:
RTEM- Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries
Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com
Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)705 937 3351, (0)802 578 7942.
Our website: www.rtemoutreach.org
Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles www.rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics. http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topic.

Re: Errors Of The Doctrine Of Oneness by bingbagbo(m): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
@ op, may the Lord grant you understanding

John 14:7–9

7 oIf you had known me, you would have pknown my Father also.4 From now on you do know him and qhave seen him.”

8 rPhilip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? tWhoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

see also 1 timothy 3:16 "GOD WAS MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH"
Re: Errors Of The Doctrine Of Oneness by PROPHETmichael: 1:30am On Jul 06, 2015
bingbagbo:

7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.4 From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

To understand that verse, you must view it from an ambassador point of view.

1) An ambassador does not speak of himself himself, he speaks of the country he represent and he expect the people to see him as that country or as the representative of the president of that country. That is why Jesus asked, Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? OR Let me put it in the language that you will understand, a Nigerian ambassador would say, who ever has seen me has seen Buhari.

2) When an ambassador is sent to a particular country e.g. Nigeria ambassador to the Uk, Nigeria automatically manifest in Nigeria embassy in the Uk through the ambassador and whenever they see him, they see Nigeria hence, "GOD WAS MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH" 1 timothy 3:16.

THEOLOGY 101: GOD IS SPECIES! They--Father, Son and Holy Ghost--are 3 separate and distinct beings who, nevertheless, are of the same essence--deity. And it is They who agreed to make man in Their image. "And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness" (Gen. 1:26). God is not 1 person but rather 3 persons of the same substance properly called "the Godhead" (Acts 17:29; Rom. 1:20; Col. 2:9).

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONLY MEMBER OF THE TRINITY WHO IS OMNIPRESENT! (See Psalm 139:7-10). The Father, however, is seated on an ornate sapphire throne in the 7th heaven and His only begotten Son, Jesus, is seated to His right.

THEOLOGY 101: "BUT OF THAT DAY AND HOUR KNOWETH NO MAN, no, not the angels which are in Heaven, neither the Son, but the Father" (Mk. 13:32). Jesus said that even He doesn't know the day and hour of His second coming but that only the Father knows. This passage of Scripture alone completely demolishes the Oneness heresy proving that Jesus and the Father, though both divine, are two separate and distinct persons.

Shalom!!!

1 Like

Re: Errors Of The Doctrine Of Oneness by bingbagbo(m): 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

To understand that verse, you must view it from an ambassador point of view.

1) An ambassador does not speak of himself himself, he speaks of the country he represent and he expect the people to see him as that country or as the representative of the president of that country. That is why Jesus asked, Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? OR Let me put it in the language that you will understand, a Nigerian ambassador would say, who ever has seen me has seen Buhari.

2) When an ambassador is sent to a particular country e.g. Nigeria ambassador to the Uk, Nigeria automatically manifest in Nigeria embassy in the Uk through the ambassador and whenever they see him, they see Nigeria hence, "GOD WAS MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH" 1 timothy 3:16.

THEOLOGY 101: GOD IS SPECIES! They--Father, Son and Holy Ghost--are 3 separate and distinct beings who, nevertheless, are of the same essence--deity. And it is They who agreed to make man in Their image. "And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness" (Gen. 1:26). God is not 1 person but rather 3 persons of the same substance properly called "the Godhead" (Acts 17:29; Rom. 1:20; Col. 2:9).

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONLY MEMBER OF THE TRINITY WHO IS OMNIPRESENT! grin grin grin (See Psalm 139:7-10). The Father, however, is seated on an ornate sapphire throne in the 7th heaven and His only begotten Son, Jesus, is seated to His right.

THEOLOGY 101: "BUT OF THAT DAY AND HOUR KNOWETH NO MAN, no, not the angels which are in Heaven, neither the Son, but the Father" (Mk. 13:32). Jesus said that even He doesn't know the day and hour of His second coming but that only the Father knows. This passage of Scripture alone completely demolishes the Oneness heresy proving that Jesus and the Father, though both divine, are two separate and distinct persons.

Shalom!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Errors Of The Doctrine Of Oneness by johnw74: 2:07am On Jul 07, 2015
bingbagbo:

7 oIf you had known me, you would have pknown my Father also.4 From now on you do know him and qhave seen him.”

8 rPhilip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? tWhoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Jesus said that because He and the father are God, not because He and the Father are one person.
it's clear that Jesus and His Father are two persons.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Pro 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
Pro 8:30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight,

1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;

(1) (Reply)

Thank Satan For Easter / Download Koinonia Messages With Apostle Joshua Selman Online / Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.