Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,831 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included (30187 Views)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews / 7 Things You Should Cross Check Before Sending Off A CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
The vital information that your CV ought to include are as follows:

Your Personal Details: Add your name, contact address, phone number, email address and professional social media contact (if you have any). If it’s a ‘Skill Based CV’, you may not need to include your date of birth, because of age discrimination concerns but for ‘Chronological of Functional CV’, this may be crucial.

Personal Profile or Objective: This, in most cases, should align with the job you are applying for. It’s important that you include this. Try as much as possible to avoid the use of the personal pronoun ‘I’ and being vague.

Significant Achievements: Don’t just be vague about your achievement(s). Be specific! For example, ‘I won several clients/customers’ (wrong)... ‘Increased client base to 250 over a period of 3 months’ (right).

Career History: Usually, you start with your most recent job first and make sure that dates are included including months. For example, April 2014 – June 2015... November 2011 – Present.

Qualifications and Training: Start with the most recent and move down ( to high or secondary school level). Although, some claimed that ‘Primary School’ attended should also be there. To most recruiters, that’s insignificant.

Interest and Activities: Include these only if they’re relevant to your skill or the position being applied for.

Additional Information: Here, if you have explanation on particular areas of your career e.g. gaps in your career history. This is where you give such tangible explanation.

In conclusion, Your CV and Cover Letter are very important in securing you that job you so desire. How you craft them would definitely go along way in determining your placement. Sell your skills and experience by making sure that these documents are intact and catchy. With these, job-wise, the sky is your limit.

Feel free to add other important sections that you feel should be included.

http://www.benjommediaoutfit.com/important-sections-of-a-cv/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
If you've been having a hard time getting job invites and would like to subject your current CV to a constructive check to know where the problem lies, you may send it as attachment to:

exceptionalcvbox@gmail.com

Use "Free CV Appraisal" as the subject of your mail.

5 Likes

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by oyefeel(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
Verry important
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Beno3: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
ok
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by countsparrow: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
grin grin grin

If u like package ur Cv like Mr Biggs takeaway, a bad grade can neva give u a good job... UNLESS

4 Likes

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by boolet: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
On point!
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Hillzy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
We know all dis 1 na. What of long leg?

2 Likes

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by VickyRotex(f): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
And if you're a lady and very pretty, be careful about including your picture.

Especially if it's a lady handling your CV. You know na grin sad Some ladies can Jelux and Jepremier undecided

11 Likes

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by shachris02: 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
CV? What CV??

Self employed and loving it. cool

1 Like

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by saitechh(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nice one op
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by sammer4life(m): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
tongue I just came to block this space.

1 Like

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by kingabe21(m): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
You are on point
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Mainman4: 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Booked.......Front page noni, Nice one OP
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by phransix147(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
Quite informative
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by GoodMuyis(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
What Relevance does picture has in a CV, is that mush important
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Okay na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by powerfulsettingz: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
VickyRotex:

Especially if it's a lady handling your CV. You know na grin sad Some ladies can Jelux and Jepremier undecided
are u a victim of such?
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Anyi3(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
VickyRotex:

Who puts a picture in a CV

4 Likes

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by matrix4u(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Benjom:

Your Personal Details: Add your name, contact address, phone number, email address and professional social media contact (if you have any). If it’s a ‘Skill Based CV’, you may not need to include your date of birth, because of age discrimination concerns but for ‘Chronological of Functional CV’, this may be crucial.

Personal Profile or Objective: This, in most cases, should align with the job you are applying for. It’s important that you include this. Try as much as possible to avoid the use of the personal pronoun ‘I’ and being vague.

Significant Achievements: Don’t just be vague about your achievement(s). Be specific! For example, ‘I won several clients/customers’ (wrong)... ‘Increased client base to 250 over a period of 3 months’ (right).

Career History: Usually, you start with your most recent job first and make sure that dates are included including months. For example, April 2014 – June 2015... November 2011 – Present.

Qualifications and Training: Start with the most recent and move down ( to high or secondary school level). Although, some claimed that ‘Primary School’ attended should also be there. To most recruiters, that’s insignificant.

Interest and Activities: Include these only if they’re relevant to your skill or the position being applied for.

Additional Information: Here, if you have explanation on particular areas of your career e.g. gaps in your career history. This is where you give such tangible explanation.

In conclusion, Your CV and Cover Letter are very important in securing you that job you so desire. How you craft them would definitely go along way in determining your placement. Sell your skills and experience by making sure that these documents are intact and catchy. With these, job-wise, the sky is your limit.

grin shocked
Thanks Chief... This is what I need...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by whoisuche: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
Benjom:

Thanks
Permission to copy
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by JimIbanga: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good write up. Remain blessed.
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by damiloladuke: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
yeah, you right

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANNA LAUGH TIRE TODAY
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
countsparrow:
grin grin grin

If u like package ur Cv like Mr Biggs takeaway, a bad grade can neva give u a good job... UNLESS

I used to think like this....Now I know better

And please, what's your definition of a bad grade? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by youngwarlocks: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
ok
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by dedons: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nairalanders,please i need a Job...i'm a graduate of Production engineering(industrial and manufacturing)...if you have any,please contact me on generationnext77@gmail.com
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Ese00(f): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Okay. Thanks for the tips. Fp at last
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Precious91(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
thanks,Op
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by MsTIQ(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
OK
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
countsparrow:
grin grin grin

And what your definition of bad grades?
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
Benjom:

I don't do objective. I prefer summary
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by exago(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
Thanks. is referees section important.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). / A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation / ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2014 ★

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.