Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included (30198 Views)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / 5 Things You Write On Your CV That Deny You Interviews / 7 Things You Should Cross Check Before Sending Off A CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
taiwolusol:

I used to think like this....Now I know better

And please, what's your definition of a bad grade? undecided
Same question I asked him ooo
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by boyebussy: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by VickyRotex(f): 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
Anyi3:

Who puts a picture in a CV

Some people do.

powerfulsettingz:

are u a victim of such?

Nah. Got victims around me undecided
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by solaugo1: 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
For your next recruitment aptitude test....

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by adedayourt(m): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
countsparrow:
grin grin grin

If u like package ur Cv like Mr Biggs takeaway, a bad grade can neva give u a good job... UNLESS

unless it was doz kind of job u got wer u given a note to d MD who den shows u to ur office immediately.
#manknowman
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by countsparrow: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
Anuoluwapo3054:
And what your definition of bad grades?

Pass or 3rd class
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by countsparrow: 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
taiwolusol:

I used to think like this....Now I know better

And please, what's your definition of a bad grade? undecided

Pass or 3rd class
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by akanbiaa(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good points, but do you know most well paying jobs of today the connected person mostly create their CV after being employed for records sake.
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by AreaFada2: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
Benjom:
The vital information that your CV ought to include are as follows:

Your Personal Details: Add your name, contact address, phone number, email address and professional social media contact (if you have any). If it’s a ‘Skill Based CV’, you may not need to include your date of birth, because of age discrimination concerns but for ‘Chronological of Functional CV’, this may be crucial.

Personal Profile or Objective: This, in most cases, should align with the job you are applying for. It’s important that you include this. Try as much as possible to avoid the use of the personal pronoun ‘I’ and being vague.

Significant Achievements: Don’t just be vague about your achievement(s). Be specific! For example, ‘I won several clients/customers’ (wrong)... ‘Increased client base to 250 over a period of 3 months’ (right).

Career History: Usually, you start with your most recent job first and make sure that dates are included including months. For example, April 2014 – June 2015... November 2011 – Present.

Qualifications and Training: Start with the most recent and move down ( to high or secondary school level). Although, some claimed that ‘Primary School’ attended should also be there. To most recruiters, that’s insignificant.

Interest and Activities: Include these only if they’re relevant to your skill or the position being applied for.

Additional Information: Here, if you have explanation on particular areas of your career e.g. gaps in your career history. This is where you give such tangible explanation.

In conclusion, Your CV and Cover Letter are very important in securing you that job you so desire. How you craft them would definitely go along way in determining your placement. Sell your skills and experience by making sure that these documents are intact and catchy. With these, job-wise, the sky is your limit.

Feel free to add other important sections that you feel should be included.

http://www.benjommediaoutfit.com/important-sections-of-a-cv/
Nice
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Bamz(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
Benjom:
Visit the above website to see helpful CV sample... Note how the 'Profile Statement or Objective' is carefully constructed and 'the Significant Achievement(s)' ordered.

The profile summary needs a rework. In very brief and terse paragraph, the profile summary should

1. Introduce the candidate
2. State what the candidate can bring to the table (as a virtue of point 1)
3. Mention the candidate's career goal or the kind of position he/she's seeking.

-----

If you think your CV is good enough, go to rezscore.com to have it rated.
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by freeage7(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
Naija university will never teach u to be an employer of labour, instead, they train u to keep looking for job u can never find. Mtcheewww!
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by egutexas(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
Sowi Op I have filled d required information needed but I kant submit.pls advice needed
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by bosunjohns(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Benjom:

Your Personal Details: Add your name, contact address, phone number, email address and professional social media contact (if you have any). If it’s a ‘Skill Based CV’, you may not need to include your date of birth, because of age discrimination concerns but for ‘Chronological of Functional CV’, this may be crucial.

Personal Profile or Objective: This, in most cases, should align with the job you are applying for. It’s important that you include this. Try as much as possible to avoid the use of the personal pronoun ‘I’ and being vague.

Significant Achievements: Don’t just be vague about your achievement(s). Be specific! For example, ‘I won several clients/customers’ (wrong)... ‘Increased client base to 250 over a period of 3 months’ (right).

Career History: Usually, you start with your most recent job first and make sure that dates are included including months. For example, April 2014 – June 2015... November 2011 – Present.

Qualifications and Training: Start with the most recent and move down ( to high or secondary school level). Although, some claimed that ‘Primary School’ attended should also be there. To most recruiters, that’s insignificant.

Interest and Activities: Include these only if they’re relevant to your skill or the position being applied for.

Additional Information: Here, if you have explanation on particular areas of your career e.g. gaps in your career history. This is where you give such tangible explanation.

In conclusion, Your CV and Cover Letter are very important in securing you that job you so desire. How you craft them would definitely go along way in determining your placement. Sell your skills and experience by making sure that these documents are intact and catchy. With these, job-wise, the sky is your limit.

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by zizirecords(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
Not true. The objective statement is not required and is often superfluous and presumptuous. It is recommended that you ditch it.

quote author=Benjom post=35545570]Visit the above website to see helpful CV sample... Note how the 'Profile Statement or Objective' is carefully constructed and 'the Significant Achievement(s)' ordered. For absolutely free appraisal of your CV, send it as an attachment to exceptionalcvbox@gmail.com You'll not only receive an appraisal, you'll also be sent a unique sample you can use to rewrite yours. You'll be so glad you did.[/quote]
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by ZackiGp(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
Op, abeg I need a good cover letter for a lecturing job. Can you help?
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by dearestsewa(f): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
shachris02:
CV? What CV??

Self employed and loving it. cool

Even entrepreneurs create and update their CV.
Except you're kue-kue self-employed person.
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by oladeledave: 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by oladeledave: 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
Well said, bt personal objective does not have to be in your CV people no longer include it in CVs, even HR managers find it absurd. cos when dey luk @ ur CV and ur objectives does not go in line with the company's den u will neva be invited for the interview.
do you knw people use video CVs too, check here to see how you can create one
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by unphilaz(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
noted
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by alphalpha(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
Benjom:

surprised that you mentioned skills but didn't include it as a section in a CV. it should be there. most recruiters look for it
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
thank you op
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by sleeknaija(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Wasup pple? Pls what's the best font that should be used for a CV
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by ademasta(m): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2015
exago:
Thanks. is referees section important.

Referees are not needed at this stage of your job hunt. That will be requested for when you secure the job.
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
oyefeel:
Verry important

Yeah
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hillzy:
We know all dis 1 na. What of long leg?

With that, you're on your own oo.
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
VickyRotex:
And if you're a lady and very pretty, be careful about including your picture.

Especially if it's a lady handling your CV. You know na grin sad Some ladies can Jelux and Jepremier undecided

lol

1 Like

Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2015
shachris02:
CV? What CV??

Self employed and loving it. cool

That's good...and don't forget to employ people when you start expanding... And won't you ask them to submit their CVs by then?...lol
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2015
saitechh:
Nice one op
Thanks
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2015
Thanks Chief... This is what I need...[/quote]
You're welcome.
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2015
kingabe21:
You are on point
Yes o
Re: Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included by Benjom(m): 9:45am On Aug 06, 2015
matrix4u:

grin shocked Thanks Chief... This is what I need...
You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Submitting CV Manually: How To Prepare & Package Your File / A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation / Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.