Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101428 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Serious? Hmm
Yes Sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
'Do teaching and learning mean the same thing'? This is a debate that have been on going amongst scholars. While some argue that they are not because a teacher is an expert in the field he teaches,some refute the claim saying anyone can learn without a teacher because people can learn through autodidactic learning.

There is something called self learning but that doesn't mean everyone is qualified to be a teacher. There are certain qualities that makes one a teacher. Teaching is a profession. The passing on of information. Learning is a pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons. To teach,is also to learn. As teachers we learn everyday from our students. Both parties complement and motivate each other but the 'ability to acquire and the ability to learn are wholly different talents' (Horace Mann,1839). Yes,learners don't always need teachers the same way teachers need learners because teaching in the absence of learners is a fruitless activity but it all depends on what you are learning.

Not everyone is a teacher but everyone is a learner that is why Education is referred to as 'Ongoing' because it is a process. Human beings consciously or unconsciously,throughout their life time keep learning and training themselves. Education is an integral part of life,a process by which individuals become more competent in their knowledge and skills so that they gain control of their environment.
As the society rapidly changes,individuals must adapt and learn to meet everyday demands.
Teaching and learning are part of the process,Education.

dearpreye:

Do teaching and learning mean the same thing? Why is education referred to as ONGOING?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by BobUg28(m): 12:20am On Jul 07, 2015
BORROWING BRILLIANCE__The Six steps to business innovation by building on the ideas of others. written by David Kord Murray.

This has been one of my favourite handbook written by a renowned American author. In this book, David K Murray was telling us how every idea by the ancient great men on the forbes like Thomas Bayes, Charles Darwin, Allen Paul, Dan Bricklin, Abert Einstein,Thomas Edison, John D Rockfella et al... was either borrowed, plagiarised or stolen from the Neanderthals which brought them to limelight.

He went further to portray that "Every firm seeks for the best employee and the best should be abundant of Innovative ideas" so to get the best of innovative ideas, one has to work on (borrow from) the related idea(s) of others that the the secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your source.

"As a businessperson, you 'll combine the idea borrowed from your direct competitors with the materials borrowed from other industries with the more exotic materials collected from places unrelated to business, such as science, nature,or entertainment, and use the stuff to construct a truly creative business idea"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye:
We've been repeatedly told that readers are leaders. Also, that he who doesn't read has a very little advantage over the one that cannot read. To read is to learn and grow. We won't stay long enough to experience all life has to offer. We need to read to learn from the lessons and experiences of others.

It's very saddening that in this age, despite the overwhelming abundance of information, a lot of us don't really study.

All the information we need to succeed in life has been written. Be it on money, marriage, health, business, family, success itself, religion. Name it. It's been written.

I'm currently reading THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck. It's being an awesome read. The author talked on pleasure, suffering, discipline, delayed gratification, child training and religion.

I'll talk briefly on self gratification. It's the ability to forego today's even legitimate pleasure for tomorrow's gain. Without it, wealth, health and joy will elude the individual. No one can truly succeed without this vital ingredient of life. To delay gratification is to prioritise. To delay gratification is to always look at the bigger picture.

The future is hardly far away. It comes pretty quiver than we can imagine. Time hasn't waited for anyone. If we must live a happier tomorrow, we must be mature and brave enough to delay gratification. I'll encourage as many as possible to get a copy of this great book and travel in the mind of the author.

So, let's see which book you're currently reading. Any book. And don't forget to drop a line or two from it. Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Ishilove, please let's do justice to this thread. Readers are leaders.

Cc: SarahBabyxx, ideykwum, Whynotthetruth, barcanista, Truckpusher, MizMyColi, et al.
I just downloaded the book you recommended and will start reading it tomorrow by God's grace, I hope it'll be a good read. These days, I read books on History and Politics most times when I'm free. And there are no quotes to share from the books, I only got impressed by the native intelligence, valor and statesmanship of George Washington after reading the history book about US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by ideykwum: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye, you're a man after my own heart! The poem that defines my life's mission and summarises my view of life is "The Road Less Travelled" by Robert Frost. That poem has changed my life!! I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to understand the core dynamics of life...

I will download this book you recommended, and I suspect the author coined the name from Frost's poem! Lol

Who was the philosopher that said "You can be in one room and get the knowledge of the world?" Isaac Newton? I can't remember...but I remember he said this because of the potency of books and reading! Years before the Internet, books have proved to be the secret lock to success in every endeavour!

I did a presentation on project management recently, and my audience were CEOs and business leaders at the Port Harcourt Chamber of Commerce, and my challenge was how to teach the fundamentals of project management to men and women who were all about business and didn't have time for the tedium of project management! I found solution in a simple book I read years ago! The Master Of The Game by Sidney Sheldon!!! The lines "Business is a game played for fantastic stakes, and you're in competition with experts; if you want to be a winner, you've got to learn to be a master of the game!" I built my whole presentation around those lines, and by God's grace, it was a success!

That's a testimony to the fact that no book is truly a waste to read! Like you aptly put it, "readers are leaders"!!!

Delayed gratification is a weapon of entrepreneurial success, and most Nigerian entrepreneurs need a crash course in that! I have often suffered from battles with the concept...but deep down, I've always known that delayed pleasures satisfies all (ask ladies about guys who have learnt to delay "it" wink )

I'm currently in what I call a phase of my "mind fallow system"...I'm not reading any book, but I'm watching lots of movies, and drinking Ace Roots at any good opportunity!

But I have a book I'd want to read as soon as my head is back in "tenure": "The Road Less Travelled By Scot Peck"!!!!

dearpreye:
We've been repeatedly told that readers are leaders. Also, that he who doesn't read has a very little advantage over the one that cannot read. To read is to learn and grow. We won't stay long enough to experience all life has to offer. We need to read to learn from the lessons and experiences of others.

It's very saddening that in this age, despite the overwhelming abundance of information, a lot of us don't really study.

All the information we need to succeed in life has been written. Be it on money, marriage, health, business, family, success itself, religion. Name it. It's been written.

I'm currently reading THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck. It's being an awesome read. The author talked on pleasure, suffering, discipline, delayed gratification, child training and religion.

I'll talk briefly on self gratification. It's the ability to forego today's even legitimate pleasure for tomorrow's gain. Without it, wealth, health and joy will elude the individual. No one can truly succeed without this vital ingredient of life. To delay gratification is to prioritise. To delay gratification is to always look at the bigger picture.

The future is hardly far away. It comes pretty quiver than we can imagine. Time hasn't waited for anyone. If we must live a happier tomorrow, we must be mature and brave enough to delay gratification. I'll encourage as many as possible to get a copy of this great book and travel in the mind of the author.

So, let's see which book you're currently reading. Any book. And don't forget to drop a line or two from it. Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Ishilove, please let's do justice to this thread. Readers are leaders.

Cc: SarahBabyxx, ideykwum, Whynotthetruth, barcanista, Truckpusher, MizMyColi, et al.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
'Do teaching and learning mean the same thing'? This is a debate that have been on going amongst scholars. While some argue that they are not because a teacher is an expert in the field he teaches,some refute the claim saying anyone can learn without a teacher because people can learn through autodidactic learning.

There is something called self learning but that doesn't mean everyone is qualified to be a teacher. There are certain qualities that makes one a teacher. Teaching is a profession. The passing on of information. Learning is a pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons. To teach,is also to learn. As teachers we learn everyday from our students. Both parties complement and motivate each other but the 'ability to acquire and the ability to learn are wholly different talents' (Horace Mann,1839). Yes,learners don't always need teachers the same way teachers need learners because teaching in the absence of learners is a fruitless activity but it all depends on what you are learning.

Not everyone is a teacher but everyone is a learner that is why Education is referred to as 'Ongoing' because it is a process. Human beings consciously or unconsciously,throughout their life time keep learning and training themselves. Education is an integral part of life,a process by which individuals become more competent in their knowledge and skills so that they gain control of their environment.
As the society rapidly changes,individuals must adapt and learn to meet everyday demands.

Hmmm...Good morning, my sister. Thanks for the exposition. I think the above debate will continue to go on into the nearest future. But from your explanation above I'll conclude both teaching and learning are closely related the cursory looker may not even spot the difference. And since learning is a continuous, unending process, I can say, it's kinda difficult to separate between the two. I still can't find where I'm more leaning.

To teach is to learn, and to learn is to acquire knowledge. It's difficult to explain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2015
peppyluv02:

My sister, it seems you're in that field. You're so comfortable at it.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 07, 2015
gensteejay:

I just downloaded the book you recommended and will start reading it tomorrow by God's grace, I hope it'll be a good read. These days, I read books on History and Politics most times when I'm free. And there are no quotes to share from the books, I only got impressed by the native intelligence, valor and statesmanship of George Washington after reading the history book about US.

Good morning. I bet you will enjoy and appreciate the book. I've become more patient with kids after I read that book. I've even recommended it here to a very good friend of mine. Information is power. Information is health.

History and politics! Two subjects I'm deeply pained I'm not grounded in. I usually look in awe as people like ideykwum, Truckpusher, barcanista, Mogidi, Peppyluv, and others, approach the subject of politics, and decipher the actions and inactions of politicians. I regret having very little knowledge in it.

During my higher Institution days, I usually visit the library to read of great minds like the former US president you talked about. In fact, I never stopped reading one giant US presidential text book. He was indeed a man of intelligence, steel and unparalleled courage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 07, 2015
ideykwum:
dearpreye, you're a man after my own heart! The poem that defines my life's mission and summarises my view of life is "The Road Less Travelled" by Robert Frost. That poem has changed my life!! I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to understand the core dynamics of life...

I will download this book you recommended, and I suspect the author coined the name from Frost's poem! Lol

Who was the philosopher that said "You can be in one room and get the knowledge of the world?" Isaac Newton? I can't remember...but I remember he said this because of the potency of books and reading! Years before the Internet, books have proved to be the secret lock to success in every endeavour!

I did a presentation on project management recently, and my audience were CEOs and business leaders at the Port Harcourt Chamber of Commerce, and my challenge was how to teach the fundamentals of project management to men and women who were all about business and didn't have time for the tedium of project management! I found solution in a simple book I read years ago! The Master Of The Game by Sidney Sheldon!!! The lines "Business is a game played for fantastic stakes, and you're in competition with experts; if you want to be a winner, you've got to learn to be a master of the game!" I built my whole presentation around those lines, and by God's grace, it was a success!

That's a testimony to the fact that no book is truly a waste to read! Like you aptly put it, "readers are leaders"!!!

Delayed gratification is a weapon of entrepreneurial success, and most Nigerian entrepreneurs need a crash course in that! I have often suffered from battles with the concept...but deep down, I've always known that delayed pleasures satisfies all (ask ladies about guys who have learnt to delay "it" wink )

I'm currently in what I call a phase of my "mind fallow system"...I'm not reading any book, but I'm watching lots of movies, and drinking Ace Roots at any good opportunity!

But I have a book I'd want to read as soon as my head is back in "tenure": "The Road Less Travelled By Scot Peck"!!!!

I'll do a better commentary on the above once I highlight from this vehicle I'm in. Thank you sir. Hmmm!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by ideykwum: 8:14am On Jul 07, 2015
The truth is that we all have to read more! Thanks for the undeserved praises, flattery is better than morning coffee! Lmao!

The challenge with reading for me, these days, is finding time to read! Since I know I'm not very disciplined, I have come up with a strategy, and I'd like to share. I select areas of interest, annually and I take courses in them! Don't worry, the courses are free!!
I found out that I tend to read despite the odds if I have a goal! Every year, I try to take at least 4 courses from sites like allison.com, edx.org, coursera, etc and I find books to read to support my pursuits!

Then I look for the human interest books...the novels, and try to read a book every month at least. And finally, I go to sites like Nairaland (despite my strand of grey hair) and read all kinds of stuff everyday (the good...the bad...and the nasty! Lol)

Please dearpreye, do you have a soft copy of "The Road Less Travelled by Scott Peck"?? I'd appreciate getting a copy if you do! Thanks in advance! I'm challenged by this your thread, and I think I need to ship up!

I hope you received the books I sent?

dearpreye:

Good morning. I bet you will enjoy and appreciate the book. I've become more patient with kids after I read that book. I've even recommended it here to a very good friend of mine. Information is power. Information is health.

History and politics! Two subjects I'm deeply pained I'm not grounded in. I usually look in awe as people like ideykwum, Truckpusher, barcanista, Mogidi, Peppyluv, and others, approach the subject of politics, and decipher the actions and inactions of politicians. I regret having very little knowledge in it.

During my higher Institution days, I usually visit the library to read of great minds like the former US president you talked about. In fact, I never stopped reading one giant US presidential text book. He was indeed a man of intelligence, steel and unparalleled courage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2015
BobUg28:
BORROWING BRILLIANCE__The Six steps to business innovation by building on the ideas of others. written by David Kord Murray.

This has been one of my favourite handbook written by a renowned American author. In this book, David K Murray was telling us how every idea by the ancient great men on the forbes like Thomas Bayes, Charles Darwin, Allen Paul, Dan Bricklin, Abert Einstein,Thomas Edison, John D Rockfella et al... was either borrowed, plagiarised or stolen from the Neanderthals which brought them to limelight.

He went further to portray that "Every firm seeks for the best employee and the best should be abundant of Innovative ideas" so to get the best of innovative ideas, one has to work on (borrow from) the related idea(s) of others that the the secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your source.

"As a businessperson, you 'll combine the idea borrowed from your direct competitors with the materials borrowed from other industries with the more exotic materials collected from places unrelated to business, such as science, nature,or entertainment, and use the stuff to construct a truly creative business idea"

Thanks for sharing. I totally agree with the concept of borrowing from the brilliance of others. Hope I can get it on Google?

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2015
ideykwum:

I just hope I can do appropriate justice to the above words of yours! You've said a lot within a page.

First and foremost, a life without mission is a tragedy. Misson gives a sense of direction and purpose. A colleague recently told me IF YOU CAN'T IN 30 SECONDS WHATEVER YOUR MISSION IS, THEN YOU HAVE NONE..And I agreed with him. Thank God you've found your mission for life. Actually, I've seen a few mentions of Robert Frost and the fact he was a great poet, but I can't recall taking the time to do some digging on him, except after now. I also one to believe Scott Peck got his book's title from the poem by Robert Frost. I may be wrong shaaa cheesy I'll endeavour to get that poem by Frost. I just have to.

No book is a waste; no knowledge is lost. Someday we may use a famous line from a book we've read years ago. You gave a testimony to that. Everyone with some MB can get a book from the Internet. No excuses now. We need to read more and more.... Almost all the aptitude test questions I wrote during my search for job came from books I've read- books that weren't in my particular field of study......I used an Awake material I've read years back to effectively pass my oral interview- though I can't totally eliminate the God Factor. I'm just saying favour is most times closer to the prepared kind.

My profession has a lot of communication in it. We talk almost every time while on the job. Ranging from hazard identification to accident prevention, we talk a lot. We're being paid for talking. cheesy cheesy. Pep talks. You know every na.....

Our wealth of information will come handy someday. We need to store information for the use of today and tomorrow.

Delayed gratification is very crucial. And it's joyful to see you drag the concept into a business context. Anyone who's not disciplined can't make it big in life and business.

I sure will get that poem from Frost. A life without mission and purpose is a mere counting of years. Such a tragedy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2015
Chai! I'm late sad

Well I just found one of my brother's books.....IN PURSUIT OF PURPOSE by Myles Monroe.....I've skimmed through it seems like a nice book smiley....I plan on reading it cheesy

@dearpreye I haven't even started that book you sent sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 07, 2015
SarahBabyxx:
Chai! I'm late sad

Well I just found one of my brother's books.....IN PURSUIT OF PURPOSE by myles monroe.....I've skimmed through it seems like a nice book smiley....I plan on reading it cheesy

@dearpreye I haven't even started that book you sent sad

Never too late shaaa. How's very thing with you? Fine, I believe. Peace.

Myles books are usually great. Often times I just watch him talk on YouTube.

Just follow your schedule and never fail to share with us your thoughts. A line could do wonders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by hahn(m): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye:

OK. Why not try the one I'm currently cancelling?

It's a good one.

I'm currently reading "Good to great by Jim Collins". It is a must have for CEOs

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 07, 2015
hahn:

I'm currently reading "Good to great by Jim Collins". It is a must have for CEOs

Wanna share a quote or line from it? Thanks!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2015
Good morning dear. Yea,it's seems like an unending debate. Even a professor couldn't give me a direct answer that is why the two are part of the process,education..they complement each other.
dearpreye:

Hmmm...Good morning, my sister. Thanks for the exposition. I think the above debate will continue to go on into the nearest future. But from your explanation above I'll conclude both teaching and learning are closely related the cursory looker may not even spot the difference. And since learning is a continuous, unending process, I can say, it's kinda difficult to separate between the two. I still can't find where I'm more leaning.

To teach is to learn, and to learn is to acquire knowledge. It's difficult to explain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 07, 2015
peppyluv02:
Good morning dear. Yea,it's seems like an unending debate. Even a professor couldn't give me a direct answer that is why the two are part of the process,education..they complement each other.

I see. I agree both complement each other. The debate will go on and on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Never too late shaaa. How's very thing with you? Fine, I believe. Peace.

Myles books are usually great. Often times I just watch him talk on YouTube.

Just follow your schedule and never fail to share with us your thoughts. A line could do wonders.

Sure thing smiley

Yes everything is fine...thank you smiley

Trust you're well smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 07, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Sure thing smiley

Yes everything is fine...thank you smiley

Trust you're well smiley

I'm well. Don't forget the drill.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 07, 2015
ideykwum:
The truth is that we all have to read more! Thanks for the undeserved praises, flattery is better than morning coffee! Lmao!

The challenge with reading for me, these days, is finding time to read! Since I know I'm not very disciplined, I have come up with a strategy, and I'd like to share. I select areas of interest, annually and I take courses in them! Don't worry, the courses are free!!
I found out that I tend to read despite the odds if I have a goal! Every year, I try to take at least 4 courses from sites like allison.com, edx.org, coursera, etc and I find books to read to support my pursuits!

Then I look for the human interest books...the novels, and try to read a book every month at least. And finally, I go to sites like Nairaland (despite my strand of grey hair) and read all kinds of stuff everyday (the good...the bad...and the nasty! Lol)

Please dearpreye, do you have a soft copy of "The Road Less Travelled by Scott Peck"?? I'd appreciate getting a copy if you do! Thanks in advance! I'm challenged by this your thread, and I think I need to ship up!

I hope you received the books I sent?

Haha haha. It's very good to set realistic goals. We can't do everything. We mustn't do everything.

I have the copy and will endeavour to send it across ASAP!

I'm yet to receive the ones you've sent shaaaa
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm well. Don't forget the drill.
Lool what's the drill?? cheesy
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 07, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Lool what's the drill?? cheesy

Forgotten so soon? Read. Work. Relax. Relax.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Forgotten so soon? Read. Work. Relax. Relax.
Ofcourse! How can I forget grin
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by hahn(m): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Wanna share a quote or line from it? Thanks!

To build a great business you don't need people. You need the right people grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

All our future hope and joys are wrapped up in our being healthy. As we read and work, we must also have the courage to get some deserved rest. It's called wisdom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 07, 2015
hahn:

To build a great business you don't need people. You need the right people grin

Could that explain why great organisations spend billions in a very rigorous recruitment process?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye:

All our future hope and joys are wrapped up in our being healthy. As we read and work, we must also have the courage to get some deserved rest. It's called wisdom.

You're right! I'll heed your advice and try to do as you say smiley....thank you preye cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by hahn(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Could that explain why great organisations spend billions in a very rigorous recruitment process?

Bulls eye!

It is better to spend a long time period getting the right people than doing otherwise.

An other way to look at it especially for people who want to improve on their quality of life and become successful it is important to surround yourself with the right people as well.

You are your friends. The kind of friends one keeps is a good parameter for juding the value of that person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 07, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Good morning, SarahBabyxx. Please could you send me soft copies of In Pursuit of Purpose by Myles Monroe and other nice books, apart from novels. Thanks ma'am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2015
hahn:

Bulls eye!

It is better to spend a long time period getting the right people than doing otherwise.

An other way to look at it especially for people who want to improve on their quality of life and become successful it is important to surround yourself with the right people as well.

You are your friends. The kind of friends one keeps is a good parameter for juding the value of that person

I've always known that behind most of the funny monikers lie the faces of people who are well grounded in their chosen careers. And that's why I'm also planning to force them open their minds to give us free drinks from their fountain of knowledge.

This place has talents. Brains. Orator. Writers. Just name them. We have them here.

In a few lines,you've dropped glorious words. We are our friends. Surrounding ourselves with great people is sure way to making ourselves great.

Jim Rohn always said YOUR NETWORK DETERMINES YOUR NETWORTH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2015
I have little knowledge of politics too. Barcanista,Truckpusher and the rest you mentioned know better.

dearpreye:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.