Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101431 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by wazupguy(m): 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2016
"how to win customers and keep them for life"...a great book for biznes......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
wazupguy:

Are you into any business? Customers are the lifeline of any business. Handle them poorly and your business suffers.

Keep reading.

At the moment, I'm still reading Animal Farm by George Orwell.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by nonexy11: 7:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
dearpreye:

Are you into any business? Customers are the lifeline of any business. Handle them poorly and your business suffers.

Keep reading.

At the moment, I'm still reading Animal Farm by George Orwell.
That's a book I have never had the patience to complete.. I remember my mum used it to introduce me into the world of literature. Unfortunately I abandoned it and became a James Hardley chase addict. I may have to go and read it again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
nonexy11:

That's a book I have never had the patience to complete.. I remember my mum used it to introduce me into the world of literature. Unfortunately I abandoned it and became a James Hardley chase addict. I may have to go and read it again

I've never read beyond the first page of any of Chase books.......Yes. In light of the prevailing political times, I had to pick up the 55 - paged book and it has been really awesome.

You can finish it in a couple of hours.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Alezy(m): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2016
dearpreye:

I've never read beyond the first page of any of Chase books.......Yes. In light of the prevailing political times, I had to pick up the 55 - paged book and it has been really awesome.

You can finish it in a couple of hours.
oh guy, you have missed a lot then. James Chase always blows your mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2016
Alezy:
oh guy, you have missed a lot then. James Chase always blows your mind.

Are you serious? Well, he reigned at a time I was too deeper lifed to even give him a glance. LOL!

Isn't it too late NOW?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Alezy(m): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
dearpreye:

Are you serious? Well, he reigned at a time I was too deeper lifed to even give him a glance. LOL!

Isn't it too late NOW?
nope don't think so, just that u will look like a jss student when reading. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
dearpreye:

Yes. There's so much to learn from good books. With the advent of ebook, voracious readers now have a greater access to books. The experience is indeed awesome. I currently have this Scribd app downloaded onto my phone. With a few dollars a month as subscription, I've got an access to over 500, 000 books; I've read over 10 books for the past 3 months. Once you read a book, the app lines up similar ones. For instance, you pick up a book on finance and it brings up a multiple of books on finance. I hardly go out these days. The more I read the angrier I become at my very limited knowledge and I'm spurred to dig more.

Since reading is your hobby, you'll sure find a way to read, even if it's just a few pages every day. In this ear, the information we've got till date may be inadequate to meet our next year's information needs.

Rich Dad Poor Dad has been an amazing read. We must seek to increase our assets while reducing our liabilities. The poor work for money; the wealthy create a system that ensures their money works for them.

Knowledge. .....What you know gives you an edge.
Hello house long time. Happy new year. Dearpreye have missed you and ws just about to talk about scribd cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Hello house long time. Happy new year. Dearpreye have missed you and ws just about to talk about scribd cheesy cheesy

Hmmm.....Happy New Year to you too. I also missed you.
Scribd? Heaven of books.

I'm currently reading Innovation and Entrepreneurship...by Peter Drucker.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:21pm On May 22, 2016
dearpreye:

Yes. There's so much to learn from good books. With the advent of ebook, voracious readers now have a greater access to books. The experience is indeed awesome. I currently have this Scribd app downloaded onto my phone. With a few dollars a month as subscription, I've got an access to over 500, 000 books; I've read over 10 books for the past 3 months. Once you read a book, the app lines up similar ones. For instance, you pick up a book on finance and it brings up a multiple of books on finance. I hardly go out these days. The more I read the angrier I become at my very limited knowledge and I'm spurred to dig more.

Since reading is your hobby, you'll sure find a way to read, even if it's just a few pages every day. In this ear, the information we've got till date may be inadequate to meet our next year's information needs.

Rich Dad Poor Dad has been an amazing read. We must seek to increase our assets while reducing our liabilities. The poor work for money; the wealthy create a system that ensures their money works for them.

Knowledge. .....What you know gives you an edge.

can you share websites to download such books online. Im an addict when it comes to reading or you send me ebooks on my email to start with.

thanks
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 31, 2016
can anyone give the link where I can download leading an inspired life....pdf
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by b03liberty(m): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
kingcity:
Type the name of the book on google, ending it with pdf
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by nonexy11: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
Okay okay,its been a while..this thread has been quiet for some time...we no longer share what we are currently reading.i personally have benefitted alot from the short book reviews I get here and I go out searching for books recommended here also.
"For men only" is what I am currently reading,its a great book written by a collection of renowned authors. I will strongly recommend this book for young men and for mothers who want to raise boys to be men of "sterling worth" , who could but only command respect where ever morality and excellence of character is required..
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2016
wazupguy:

Please can you send me if you have an ecopy?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by basti1212(m): 3:39am On Dec 20, 2016
dearpreye:
We've been repeatedly told that readers are leaders. Also, that he who doesn't read has a very little advantage over the one that cannot read. To read is to learn and grow. We won't stay long enough to experience all life has to offer. We need to read to learn from the lessons and experiences of others.

It's very saddening that in this age, despite the overwhelming abundance of information, a lot of us don't really study.

All the information we need to succeed in life has been written. Be it on money, marriage, health, business, family, success itself, religion. Name it. It's been written.

I'm currently reading THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck. It's being an awesome read. The author talked on pleasure, suffering, discipline, delayed gratification, child training and religion.

I'll talk briefly on self gratification. It's the ability to forego today's even legitimate pleasure for tomorrow's gain. Without it, wealth, health and joy will elude the individual. No one can truly succeed without this vital ingredient of life. To delay gratification is to prioritise. To delay gratification is to always look at the bigger picture.

The future is hardly far away. It comes pretty quiver than we can imagine. Time hasn't waited for anyone. If we must live a happier tomorrow, we must be mature and brave enough to delay gratification. I'll encourage as many as possible to get a copy of this great book and travel in the mind of the author.

So, let's see which book you're currently reading. Any book. And don't forget to drop a line or two from it. Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Ishilove, please let's do justice to this thread. Readers are leaders.

Cc: SarahBabyxx, ideykwum, Whynotthetruth, barcanista, Truckpusher, MizMyColi, et al.

"in eight months' time" by Bassey Ette. It is a love story shrouded in manipulation and deception. Though a novel but it can be a self help book. It's quite informative. For example, it tried to outline the best spa location in the world which south Africa is the only country in Africa to be among. "about three hundred and some how years ago, land was wealth. So the person who owned the land owned the wealth. Then, it was factories and production and, America rose to dominance and still dominating! The industrialist owned the wealth. Today, it information. And the person with the timeliest information owns the wealth". This is a quote from one of the characters. You can follow my signature to get your copy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by NoContract(m): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
abumeinben:
The tragedy of victory by Maj. Gen Alabi-Isama.

His account on the civil war

You have an ePub copy?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by olumbest(m): 7:45am On Apr 23, 2017
dearpreye:
We've been repeatedly told that readers are leaders. Also, that he who doesn't read has a very little advantage over the one that cannot read. To read is to learn and grow. We won't stay long enough to experience all life has to offer. We need to read to learn from the lessons and experiences of others.

It's very saddening that in this age, despite the overwhelming abundance of information, a lot of us don't really study.

All the information we need to succeed in life has been written. Be it on money, marriage, health, business, family, success itself, religion. Name it. It's been written.

I'm currently reading THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck. It's being an awesome read. The author talked on pleasure, suffering, discipline, delayed gratification, child training and religion.

I'll talk briefly on self gratification. It's the ability to forego today's even legitimate pleasure for tomorrow's gain. Without it, wealth, health and joy will elude the individual. No one can truly succeed without this vital ingredient of life. To delay gratification is to prioritise. To delay gratification is to always look at the bigger picture.

The future is hardly far away. It comes pretty quiver than we can imagine. Time hasn't waited for anyone. If we must live a happier tomorrow, we must be mature and brave enough to delay gratification. I'll encourage as many as possible to get a copy of this great book and travel in the mind of the author.

So, let's see which book you're currently reading. Any book. And don't forget to drop a line or two from it. Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Ishilove, please let's do justice to this thread. Readers are leaders.

Cc: SarahBabyxx, ideykwum, Whynotthetruth, barcanista, Truckpusher, MizMyColi, et al.

I will like to read this guy. Do you have a review of the book ?
#JustAsking
I am gathering book reviews like this shaa.
#SeeYou at the library.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by olumbest(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2017
kingcity:
The first place to go when i need a book is bookzz.org.
Just don't download too much cos it's excess there.
Enjoy!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by olumbest(m): 7:51am On Apr 23, 2017
I read mostly foreign books and often i hate myself for it. Please is there a place to download Nigerian books ?
Don't tell me Google it, because e no b option.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Kennyking1234: 2:45am On Jul 07, 2021
olumbest:
I read mostly foreign books and often i hate myself for it. Please is there a place to download Nigerian books ?
Don't tell me Google it, because e no b option.
try this
https://ng1lib.org/s/nigeria
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by IbrahimMav: 6:56am On Sep 30, 2021

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by olumbest(m): 6:30am On Oct 14, 2021
Kennyking1234:
try this
https://ng1lib.org/s/nigeria

Thanks Papi. These books are mostly historical. I was referring to fictions and the likes of them not history books.

I thought of creating a website to collate Nigerian novels but don't have book sources.

Thanks for the reference �

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.