Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ (57315 Views)

My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by 6fit(f): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
eyinjuege:

Yes, they do. But the question is how many Nigerian hotels has the OP ever stayed in before his travels?

no mind all these village monkey dem wey dey claim say dem don use everything for their village

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Jengbetiele: 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ezechinwa:

Please put us thru on how one can apply for the scholarship!
And what are the requisites in gaining one?

1) A CGPA of nothing less than 75 percent you stand a good chance if your last two years are very strong

2) An excellent statement of intent

3) A excellent demonstration of passion for research works....not mandatory but the competition is always fierce so it gives you an edge. I submitted two international published articles then

4) An excellent research proposal

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Gudiza(m): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
outflank:
The same way an Oyibo man who's in Africa, Nigeria to be precise, for the first time will feel like a JJC. So it's normal.
Yeah, like an Oyinbo that insists on having ogbono with his rice...lol
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by porka: 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
IS IT JJC or CULTURE SHOCK?

Is there any human being on this earth who won't experience culture shock when/if s/he gets to an unfamiliar place? Even with the best chaperon by your side, there's bound to be one thing different in that new place from where you are coming from.

Similar stories are being told/written by foreigners of their visits to another country but they hardly tag them as 'JJC' stories (the term is suggestive of a low self-esteem). That's hardly a positive mindset of a scholar (except you are a comedian trying to elicit laughter).‎

What is wrong with asking questions about finding your way? How come the hotel staff didn't show you how to switch on the room light and you didn't ask? 

If you found it difficult asking simple questions on arrival how have you been coping with 'strange' things in your program? Like things that would make you an expert in your field; not just reading and making 65%. 

It seems you are completely overwhelmed by these 'counting of bridges' to recognize that you are on a higher scholarly pursuit. ‎

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by obstead200(m): 7:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
martyns303:

Which hotels are that? Almost every hotel that uses key card to access doors make use of the electronics. Even tbd lest 5K hotels have those functions. Make una no dey make naija look like a village abeg.
bros abeg u are exaggerating.
I have stayed in a 15k hotel that uses keycard yet u access the electronic manually

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by martyns303(m): 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
obstead200:
bros abeg u are exaggerating.
I have stayed in a 15k hotel that uses keycard yet u access the electronic manually

Uncle I am not exaggerating, I didn't say all hotels have them, I said MOST hotels have them.

And what kind of shit hole hotel did spend N15K
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by donjoewizy(m): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
Welcome to cana...which of the schools u @?
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Ugosample(m): 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
martyns303:

Which hotels are that? Almost every hotel that uses key card to access doors make use of the electronics. Even tbd lest 5K hotels have those functions. Make una no dey make naija look like a village abeg.

It's actually a big village, sorry to say. A trip to common North Africa (Tunisia Algeria or Morocco) will convince you.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Ugosample(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
6fit:

bros d earlier u start calling a spade a spade, d better for yu. D gospel truth is 9ja dey bhind

Blind patriotism will not let them tell themselves the TRUTH. This country is just.....
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Elxandre(m): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
tensazangetsu:

Which of the ghana is the one I school in or another ghana.
I wanted to ask if it was the same Ghana in Africa that has meters in taxis or it was some Ghana island somewhere in the Caribbean grin

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Jengbetiele: 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Bro life is too simple and short to take things too serious like this hahahahahahahahahahaahahah
porka:
IS IT JJC or CULTURE SHOCK?

Is there any human being on this earth who won't experience culture shock when/if s/he gets to an unfamiliar place? Even with the best chaperon by your side, there's bound to be one thing different in that new place from where you are coming from.

Similar stories are being told/written by foreigners of their visits to another country but they hardly tag them as 'JJC' stories (the term is suggestive of a low self-esteem). [/b]That's hardly a positive mindset of a scholar [b](except you are a comedian trying to elicit laughter).‎

What is wrong with asking questions about finding your way? How come the hotel staff didn't show you how to switch on the room light and you didn't ask? 

If you found it difficult asking simple questions on arrival how have you been coping with 'strange' things in your program? Like things that would make you an expert in your field; not just reading and making 65%. 

It seems you are completely overwhelmed by these[b][/b] 'counting of bridges' to recognize that you are on a higher scholarly pursuit[b][/b]. ‎

3 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Atmmachine(m): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2015
I remember the first day i arrived in New York from Nigeria.
I've never experienced winter, i wore shorts and some T-shirt, I almost got frozen when i came out of the airport.
When i went to the bathroom to take my bath, i punched the button for very hot water, i don't wanna say what happened to me.

In Nigeria we use the shower that dispenses only cold water.
Catching the bus was another thing, paying for the bus ticket was another problem, getting off the bus was a different case but trust me, i be correct Igbo guy, i no fit carry last, i did it better than the people who were born here and spent all their life here.

These are the challenges you face when you step into an unknown different territory.

3 Likes

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Atmmachine(m): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2015
claremont:
I remember a story someone told me about 2 Nigerian guys who visited London for the first time. They went to a Chinese buffet and paid £7 for all you can eat. They ate so much that the next time they visited the Chinese buffet, they were told that they have been banned.

That's a very big lie.
Do you know what a buffet is ??
I've seen people go to Chinese buffet at 4am, ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there.
That's why you see fat people in America, they live in Buffets
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Atmmachine(m): 10:27am On Dec 28, 2015
martyns303:

That's a big lie.
Check double tree hotel and Lincoln hotel in Pennsylvania USA, the doors have key cards and per night is $150
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by yamunla(m): 10:36am On Dec 29, 2015
delors:

Where you at? Lemme give u a trip next weekend if u r in Toronto or d GTA?
how are u boss..pls I will like to make enquiry about schooling in canada from you...Pls send me ur whatsapp number or email or send me a msg on 08024029711 or akinjomoadeyemi@gmail.com..thanks a lot
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by martyns303(m): 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Atmmachine:

That's a big lie.
Check double tree hotel and Lincoln hotel in Pennsylvania USA, the doors have key cards and per night is $150

Olodo we are talking about Nigeria and saying Pennsylvania.

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Atmmachine(m): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
martyns303:

Olodo we are talking about Nigeria and saying Pennsylvania.
Dumb ass.
Go check the comment i quoted and tell me what country he was talking about.
Fagot
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by martyns303(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Atmmachine:

Dumb ass.
Go check the comment i quoted and tell me what country he was talking about.
Fagot

Fvcking malnourished pelican, u fvcking quoted me...u pile of sh!t. Was I talking about 5K in USD? U need to get out the project m0r0n, it's getting ur head all fvxked up.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Atmmachine(m): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
martyns303:

Fvcking malnourished pelican, u fvcking quoted me...u pile of sh!t. Was I talking about 5K in USD? U need to get out the project m0r0n, it's getting ur head all fvxked up.

I can smell your breath straight from my phone.
I bet your crackhead mom still live in the projects and her pusssy smells like rotten fish.
Suck my dick you underaged she+male.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by martyns303(m): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Atmmachine:

I can smell your breath straight from my phone.
I bet your crackhead mom still live in the projects and her pusssy smells like rotten fish.
Suck my dick you underaged she+male.

Am telling u fam, that project is getting u all fvcked up, u can't smell someone's breathe from the phone, and I don't care if u didn't mean that literally.

Oh u talking about ur virus infested blood dripping wh0re of a mom right? She's a skank.

Suck ur dick? Get d F outta here u gay b4 I beat u so bad u won't remember ur name.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Atmmachine(m): 12:11am On Dec 30, 2015
martyns303:

Am telling u fam, that project is getting u all fvcked up, u can't smell someone's breathe from the phone, and I don't care if u didn't mean that literally.

Oh u talking about ur virus infested blood dripping wh0re of a mom right? She's a skank.

Suck ur dick? Get d F outta here u gay b4 I beat u so bad u won't remember ur name.

Watch me cum in your dad's mouth.
Watch you goon do about it ?? Cry like a little bittch ??
When i get to your sister, i will dig into her pusssy with my hand and drag that little bastard inside of her, i will then rape the ugly unfertilized little bastard, while your sister dies slowly.
You will enjoy it, i promise.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by martyns303(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2015
Atmmachine:

Watch me cum in your dad's mouth.
Watch you goon do about it ?? Cry like a little bittch ??
When i get to your sister, i will dig into her pusssy with my hand and drag that little bastard inside of her, i will then rape the ugly unfertilized little bastard, while your sister dies slowly.
You will enjoy it, i promise.

Hahahahaha!!! U need to stop watching those "scary" movies, u sounding like a 5yr old. Now run along u impossible child.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Ziondebade(m): 7:25am On Jan 03, 2016
adorablepepple:
: D cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
@ Behira, whatsup? @Adorablepepple, hw far
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by adorablepepple(f): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ziondebade:
@ Behira, whatsup?
@Adorablepepple, hw far
am fine, you?
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Behira(f): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ziondebade:
@ Behira, whatsup?
@Adorablepepple, hw far
Am very fine, Happy New Year, God Blessings
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by emmaxy54(m): 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
Jengbetiele:
The education here is crazy i must tell you........You are most likely going to be lost in class the first semester. There assignments are standard, you will never find the answers on google. Even if you use text books, you will still need to do alot of reading to solve those questions. The grading nko......hahahahahaha for a graduate program here pass mark is 65 percent below that is an F, you fail a graduate course, you are expelled......Plenty plenty things plenty plenty nonsense Hahahahahahaha but still many have done it and many are still doing it and we will keep doing it. Thats why we are blacks, we dont crack!!!
Bro. I need your help. Am planning on applying for a graduate program come september but the aspect of the funding of schools I have researched on is kinda confusing. My email is emmanueloladele54@gmail.com. Anticipating your reply. Thanks.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Ziondebade(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
Behira:
Am very fine, Happy New Year, God Blessings
Behira, check my signature and add up

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Ziondebade(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
adorablepepple:
am fine, you?
Adorablepepple, check my signature and add up.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by Mandex11: 6:21am On Sep 15, 2016
Hehehe so funny mehn grin grin shocked love the article everyone na JJC for another man's land but based on we naija power to survive we will not ask "qweshun" but it's good to ask kpatakpata na ela the person go give you.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by oxmale: 7:12am On Sep 15, 2016
following will read later.
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by uzedigo(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
Jengbetiele:

Got full scholarship that covered everything. I am getting paid instead of paying. Havent paid a dime since i got here grin grin grin
cool
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ by AlphaStyles(m): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
One day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / I've Never Entered This Kind Of Bus In My Life Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.