Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life (5622 Views)

Share Your Funny And Weird Phobias Here!!!...(list Of Mine Below) / 6 Amazing Apps To Make Your Love Life Stronger / 7 Bad Habits That Can Destroy Your Relationship With Your Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by sandrannna(f): 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
The English dictionary defines phobia as an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something. Which means you have a high chance of having a panic attack when you come in contact with these things you have phobia for.
Some people have some weird phobias which could turn out to be serious and affect how they relate with others, their love lives in particular.
Amanda Chatel of YourTangolists a few of other fears could be preventing you from finding real love:

1.Philemaphobia - Fear Of Kissing:While for Valentine her philemaphobia seems to be really steeped in mouth germs, it’s not always the case. It’s also a fear of being subjected to bad breath, which, if you ask me, is totally reasonable.

2.Chiraptophobia- Fear Of Being Touched:If the thought of being hugged or being even remotely close to another human puts your head in a tailspin, then you may suffer from chiraptophobia. For some, the phobia is so intense that they can't even watch movies in which people touch each other, and they equate the touch of another as feeling like their skin is burning.

3.Mysophobia - Fear Of Germs:If your idea of affection is something out of the Howie Mandel book of human contact and only a fist bump will do, then you’re going to find it very difficult to get close to anyone and everyone, not just a potential partner. Unless you use latex gloves at all times, of course, and latex is a fetish for some, so that could actually work in your favor.

4.Genophobia - Fear Of Sex:Um, I really don't think we need to explain how this one is going to massively mess up your love life, so let's just move on, shall we?

5.Agoraphobia - Fear Of Leaving The House:Let's be honest, if you can't leave the house, how are you supposed to be meet anyone in the first place? Although agoraphobia is most commonly associated with the fear of leaving one's home, more specifically, it's a fear of crowds and being in situations that one can’t escape, like, oh I don't know… a first date maybe?

6.Omphalophobia - Fear Of Belly Buttons:If you're going to get naked, then you’re going to probably see a belly button or two. While you could cover up your own bellybutton with a Band-Aid, that still doesn’t get rid of the other bellybutton in the equation, so how are you going to explain that fear? If you can’t think of a witty response to that question, then I suggest you start courting Karolina Kurkova, because that beauty doesn't have a bellybutton.

7.Ithyphallophobia - Fear Of An Erect Penis

8.Metrophobia - Fear Of Poetry:Oh no! How else are you supposed to enjoy one of the greatest perks of someone being in love with you, if you can't stand poetry? The only thing better than regular ol’ poetry, is poetry written about YOU. *shutters*

9.Sarmassophobia- Fear Of pre-intimacy:No, this one isn't just reserved for high school boys who just can't wait to come, but an actual phobia for people of both genders. But, hey, if you meet someone who likes to get in and get out, and skips all the "ooh la la," in the beginning, then you're in luck. And, yes, there are many of them out there.

10.Anuptaphobia -Fear Of Marrying The Wrong Person:Ironically, anuptaphobia isn't just the fear of marrying the wrong person, but the fear of being single, which doesn't make any sense to me. Wouldn't you rather be single, than marry the wrong person?

11.Cibophobia -Fear Of Food:One of the best parts about dating is going out to eat! What do you usually do on a first date? Go out to dinner! Second date? More dinner! The day you get married? Eat a five course meal! Food and love go hand-in-hand, so if you fear food, it's pretty hard to move forward in a relationship. I mean, what else are you supposed to do when you're together? Talk or something?

12.Gamophobia - Fear Of Marriage:If there's a fear of being single, then of course there's a fear of marriage, and I'm pretty sure 95% of the men I've ever known have had this phobia. Or maybe they just had it when it came to marrying me? Food for thought there, Chatel.

13.Arrhenphobia - Fear Of Men:This one has got to totally suck, especially if you're a straight woman or gay man, but it's real. How the hell are you supposed to even get to the first date, if you're constantly in fear of men? Well, you can't. Along the same vein is Venustraphobia, a fear of beautiful women. If you suffer from this one, you can kiss your dreams of dating Angelina Jolie goodbye.

14.Philophobia- Fear Of Falling In Love:Probably the saddest one of all the phobias in the world is philophobia. Not only is it a fear of falling in love, but a fear of being in love, too. This phobia makes all the other phobias look like a piece of cake.

Source: http://pulse.ng/relationships/relationship-tips-14-phobias-that-can-destroy-your-love-life-id3944518.html

Cc: lalasticlala, I luv u.
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by Precious91(m): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
ok
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by INTROVERT(f): 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
See grammar
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
This is making sense

Only because u didn't write it undecided
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by dharay99: 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
If all dez words are correct den
I say, praise jah...0p is n0w sensible.!

1 Like

Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by Cpumping(m): 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mumuphobia - the fear of dating a person that lacks common sense
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by shamsuRana(m): 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
sandrannna:
The English dictionary defines phobia as an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something. Which means you have a high chance of having a panic attack when you come in contact with these things you have phobia for.
Some people have some weird phobias which could turn out to be serious and affect how they relate with others, their love lives in particular.
Amanda Chatel of YourTangolists a few of other fears could be preventing you from finding real love:

1.Philemaphobia - Fear Of Kissing:While for Valentine her philemaphobia seems to be really steeped in mouth germs, it’s not always the case. It’s also a fear of being subjected to bad breath, which, if you ask me, is totally reasonable.

2.Chiraptophobia- Fear Of Being Touched:If the thought of being hugged or being even remotely close to another human puts your head in a tailspin, then you may suffer from chiraptophobia. For some, the phobia is so intense that they can't even watch movies in which people touch each other, and they equate the touch of another as feeling like their skin is burning.

3.Mysophobia - Fear Of Germs:If your idea of affection is something out of the Howie Mandel book of human contact and only a fist bump will do, then you’re going to find it very difficult to get close to anyone and everyone, not just a potential partner. Unless you use latex gloves at all times, of course, and latex is a fetish for some, so that could actually work in your favor.

4.Genophobia - Fear Of Sex:Um, I really don't think we need to explain how this one is going to massively mess up your love life, so let's just move on, shall we?

5.Agoraphobia - Fear Of Leaving The House:Let's be honest, if you can't leave the house, how are you supposed to be meet anyone in the first place? Although agoraphobia is most commonly associated with the fear of leaving one's home, more specifically, it's a fear of crowds and being in situations that one can’t escape, like, oh I don't know… a first date maybe?

6.Omphalophobia - Fear Of Belly Buttons:If you're going to get naked, then you’re going to probably see a belly button or two. While you could cover up your own bellybutton with a Band-Aid, that still doesn’t get rid of the other bellybutton in the equation, so how are you going to explain that fear? If you can’t think of a witty response to that question, then I suggest you start courting Karolina Kurkova, because that beauty doesn't have a bellybutton.

8.Metrophobia - Fear Of Poetry:Oh no! How else are you supposed to enjoy one of the greatest perks of someone being in love with you, if you can't stand poetry? The only thing better than regular ol’ poetry, is poetry written about YOU. *shutters*

9.Sarmassophobia- Fear Of pre-intimacy:No, this one isn't just reserved for high school boys who just can't wait to come, but an actual phobia for people of both genders. But, hey, if you meet someone who likes to get in and get out, and skips all the "ooh la la," in the beginning, then you're in luck. And, yes, there are many of them out there.

10.Anuptaphobia -Fear Of Marrying The Wrong Person:Ironically, anuptaphobia isn't just the fear of marrying the wrong person, but the fear of being single, which doesn't make any sense to me. Wouldn't you rather be single, than marry the wrong person?

11.Cibophobia -Fear Of Food:One of the best parts about dating is going out to eat! What do you usually do on a first date? Go out to dinner! Second date? More dinner! The day you get married? Eat a five course meal! Food and love go hand-in-hand, so if you fear food, it's pretty hard to move forward in a relationship. I mean, what else are you supposed to do when you're together? Talk or something?

12.Gamophobia - Fear Of Marriage:If there's a fear of being single, then of course there's a fear of marriage, and I'm pretty sure 95% of the men I've ever known have had this phobia. Or maybe they just had it when it came to marrying me? Food for thought there, Chatel.

13.Arrhenphobia - Fear Of Men:This one has got to totally suck, especially if you're a straight woman or gay man, but it's real. How the hell are you supposed to even get to the first date, if you're constantly in fear of men? Well, you can't. Along the same vein is Venustraphobia, a fear of beautiful women. If you suffer from this one, you can kiss your dreams of dating Angelina Jolie goodbye.

14.Philophobia- Fear Of Falling In Love:Probably the saddest one of all the phobias in the world is philophobia. Not only is it a fear of falling in love, but a fear of being in love, too. This phobia makes all the other phobias look like a piece of cake.

....floccinaucinihilipilification....
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by Shebarh(f): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
Sandra u try
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by nigerianium: 6:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jarizod:
This is making sense

Only because u didn't write it undecided
T.K.O!grin

1 Like

Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by piicity(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
She no be harlot again cheesy
dharay99:
If all dez words are correct den
I say, praise jah...0p is n0w sensible.!
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by nigerianium: 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
shamsuRana:

....floccinaucinihilipilification....
Why do you guys enjoy quoting long posts to make silly points?undecided
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by nigerianium: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
Gamophobia- the fear of marriage.
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by realtestament(m): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
Headophobia- fear of giving ur man or woman head wink
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by bqlekan(m): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
miss Sandrannna, you forgot the most important one.. how about the fear of sacrifice for ones partner.. be it monetary, time, etc.. nice list tho
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by yorubaboiy: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
phobiaphobia......fear of avin a phobia
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by Dioxidane: 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nice one OP...
Lemme add Venustaphobia - The fear of beautiful women...
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by shamsuRana(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
nigerianium:
Why do you guys enjoy quoting long posts to make silly points?undecided

Bros ye..if you don't know that 'floccinaucinihilipilification' is an existing word.then you are probably the silly one here.
Read chump..don't read to reply..but to understand.
Charlie..
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by nigerianium: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
shamsuRana:

Bros ye..if you don't know that 'floccinaucinihilipilification' is an existing word.then you are probably the silly one here.
Read chump..don't read to reply..but to understand.
Charlie..
If only you were cognizant of the fact that the dude you quoted is a sesquipedalian; if only...

I'll let you be. I've been doing too much arse-kicking of late.smiley
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by shamsuRana(m): 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
nigerianium:
If only you were cognizant of the fact that the dude you quoted is a sesquipedalian; if only...

I'll let you be. I've been doing too much arse-kicking of late.smiley

Anybody can be a sesquipedalian with google search and a thesaurus firmware installed in contemporary phones..i see nothing special.. undecided

1 Like

Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by nigerianium: 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
shamsuRana:

Anybody can be a sesquipedalian with google search and a thesaurus firmware installed in contemporary phones..i see nothing special.. undecided
It would be quasi-impossible to peruse lexicographs and simultaneously make well-articulated contributions to topical issues in real-time.

I don't need to surf for synonyms 'cause they are all in my head.
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by shamsuRana(m): 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
nigerianium:
It would be quasi-impossible to peruse lexicographs and simultaneously make well-articulated contributions to topical issues in real-time.

I don't need to surf for synonyms 'cause they are all in my head.

wink
Superficial.
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by nigerianium: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
shamsuRana:

wink
Superficial.
Yeah, they all think because their vocabulary stock is depleted, everyone else's is at par.

I bet you would have opined the same about Hon. Obahiagbon if you weren't privy to live telecasts of his interview.smiley

Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by shamsuRana(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
nigerianium:
Yeah, they all think because their vocabulary stock is depleted, everyone else's is at par.

I bet you would have opined the same about Hon. Obahiagbon if you weren't privy to live telecasts of his interview.smiley

The mcoy sesquipedalian i respect..Those who oppose his style of speaking only butress further how uninformed they are.I lucidly understand him well well,coz I do understand the latin he uses to discombobulate academically vulnerable folks.. smiley
He is good no doubt..
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
OloshiPhobia..Fear of the OP been Oloshi
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by nigerianium: 9:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
shamsuRana:

The mcoy sesquipedalian i respect..Those who oppose his style of speaking only butress further how uninformed they are.I lucidly understand him well well,coz I do understand the latin he uses to discombobulate academically vulnerable folks.. smiley
He is good no doubt..
People covet what they long for. His idiolect is discernable enough. It's no fault of his that these bibliophobes do not peruse lexicographs religiously.

Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by shamsuRana(m): 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
nigerianium:
People covet what they long for. His idiolect is discernable enough. It's no fault of his that these bibliophobes do not peruse lexicographs religiously.

True..and they won't pursue simply coz they are either ignorant of it or have serious complex issh.
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by sandrannna(f): 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
@guys above, I'm enjoying u guys, continue.

M learning new words.
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by IamLEGEND1: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
And those idiöts above wey dey form linguists no get sense at all.
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
sandrannna:

Source: http://pulse.ng/relationships/relationship-tips-14-phobias-that-can-destroy-your-love-life-id3944518.html

Cc: lalasticlala, I luv u.

Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by asscb(f): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
undecided
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by may01(f): 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
grin grin
Re: 14 Phobias That Can Destroy Your Love Life by sandrannna(f): 10:41am On Jul 09, 2015
Ishilove, cn i count on u? Front page, pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ADVICE; My Boyfriend Is Too Fat; It Embarrasses Me, What Do I Do? / Whats The Highest Amount Of Money You Have Given Your Lover And Was Given? / How To Make Her Beg For More (Matured minds only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.