Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart (5296 Views)

6 Places You Should Never Toast A Nigerian Girl / How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart / Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by TheBlackChild(m): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
Love is a universal phenomenon but its expression and interpretation varies in different cultures and places. While Nigerian girls may swoon and “aww” at the expression of love in western romantic movies, it doesn’t necessarily play out the same way in reality. The basis might be constant, but some things have to be adjusted to suit their lifestyle. So, here’s a 101 on how to woo or toast a Nigerian girl.

• Show some “attitude”

By attitude, I don’t mean garbage, but some masculine boldness. Right from the word go, African men are known for their braveness and fearlessness. So, the last thing a Naija babe needs is a man who is afraid to approach a woman. Being shy, timid or paranoid doesn’t work here; it’s a thing for little boys. If you want to get her number or tell her you like her, just go for it, she has teeth, but she doesn’t bite. Having some great pick-up lines on your lips can make things easier for you.

• Be well put-together

In this part of the world, men are expected to know what they want and not be confused. If you can’t get your life together, then why would she be convinced that you can sustain a relationship? She has a lot of issues to deal with from family to work and society, so she doesn’t need an addition to her full plate of problems. Don’t go whining to her about your problems, especially when you just met her. You should make her happy.

• Delay is dangerous

So, you have probably seen the long flirting process in western movies and thought it was romantic. Yes it is, but that doesn’t work out here so well. You see, to ladies on this side, delay is literally dangerous. If you wait for too long, you do it at your own risk. If you want to woo a Nigerian girl, you need to be on your toes and strike the rod while it’s still hot. Keeping her waiting till forever, will make her think that you aren’t serious and no one has time for time wasters. She’d transfer her attention to the next “serious” guy whom she has mutual attraction with.

• Buy her gifts

Gifting is a good way to get into the heart of a real Naija babe. Unlike their counterparts in other continents who are moved by flowers, cards and other “romantic” things, these girls, they like things they can actually put to use, gifts that will solve their needs and not serve as decorations. And lest I forget, the bigger, the better.

• Warm up to her family members and close friends

Life in Nigeria is communal. Families and friends share intimate details and support each other. If she likes you, it’d make her happier if you got along with her family members and close friends. If you are good guy, these people can actually put in good words for you, influencing her decision to date you positively.

While a Naija babe may play hard to get to sustain her self-worth, she’d certainly enjoy a good chase from a guy who has the things a woman wants in a man. At the end of the day, she wants a man who can give her maximum love and security… now that’s how to woo a Nigerian girl successfully.

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by absoluteSuccess: 7:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
Gracious God, why was she made this beautiful? OMG! There was this babe in school then, she was just so beautiful and it affects me like crazy. The cult guys hover around her, I know I love her, as bug is to flame, though I've lost my gut from start grin There are killer beauty in this world to all Samson born.
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by enoqueen: 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by bqlekan(m): 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
ok, Op, I beg, you get little sister wey I fit use all this on?
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Rapsodee(m): 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hmmm...seen!
Bike man,take me back!
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Macwytt(m): 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Bibidear(f): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
And he must have a future,u cant expect me to date a guy dat isnt intelligent
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by amclimax(m): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
With money she is already yours before you say HI
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by powerfulsettingz: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Don't tru this poo with ladies here on nairaland
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
K
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
huh grin
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:
what do you mean by intelligent?
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by hottest111: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:
Same wit me tongue
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Bibidear(f): 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
elijah2u:
what do you mean by intelligent?
he musnt b boring,try to make the haoz lively
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:

he musnt b boring,try to make the haoz lively
hmm! you mean he must has good sense of humor? good girl
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Bibidear(f): 9:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
elijah2u:
hmm! you mean he must has good sense of humor? good girl
yea
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by Mostwanted7: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:

Like charges attract,u must also be intelligent and gat a bright "fewture"
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by sider1: 4:36am On Nov 25, 2015
Great post. Sometimes no matter how hard you try to toast the babe, if she no like u, she no like u. EOD undecided But sha, those that wish to go further in the game can click http://toonaija.com/dating-tips/how-to-toast-a-girl-nothing-ventured-nothing-gained/
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Girl And Win Her Heart by kurupt1: 5:33am On Nov 25, 2015
So you want to waste all your time wooing a naija girl with all the above listed.......most of them girls are not worth it........they have nothing to offer except drab sex and quarrels.A good number of them will leave you when the going gets tough so why waste your time on these fair weather girls?.......its better you even learn snail farming or carpentry with that free time.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If A Lady Is A Virgin And If She Is Not / How Many Lovers Is A 'good' Male Or Female Expected To Have Before Marriage? / funfun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.