Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,129 members, 7,867,272 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men (792 Views)

Why Women Love Lies---true Story / Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / Crying Couple: Bride And Groom Shed Tears While Exchanging Wedding Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by dantewest: 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
Scientists have finally answered the million-dollar question: why men on average don’t live as long as women. According to a new study, men appear more vulnerable to heart disease than the inaptly-named ‘weaker sex’. As a result, they succumb earlier.

When they retired a decade ago, Gomez and his wife had imagined spending their 3,600 euros in joint pension payments only on restaurants, holidays and toys for the grandkids.

Today, their retirement money also helps support five families. The Spanish couple, like other relatively prosperous pensioners across southern Europe, are providing an informal safety net which has helped many in the younger generation to avoid widespread poverty despite record-high unemployment.

High blood pressure, high cholesterol and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease. Contrary to popular belief, however, smoking accounted for only 30 percent of the difference in mortality between men and women after 1890, the USC study said.

According to the researchers, the unequal impact of heart-related deaths on men cut off in their prime (especially during middle and early older age) raises the question whether men and women have, in fact, been facing different inherent heart disease risks at different points in their lives.

“Further study could include analysis of diet and exercise activity differences between countries, deeper examination of genetics and biological vulnerability between sexes at the cell level, and the relationship of these findings to brain health at later ages,” William F. Kieschnick, a professor in the Neurobiology of Aging, said.

According to researchers, significant differences in life expectancies between the sexes first emerged at the turn of the 20th Century. It appeared death rates plunged after infectious disease prevention and better diets were taken up by those born during the 1800s and early 1900s.

The study found that women began “reaping the longevity benefits” at a much faster rate, researchers said.

Www.krackheadblog.com

1 Share

Re: Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by apogeez(m): 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
owk wen the time cums
Re: Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by dantewest: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
I often wonder if there's any research on this topic in Nigeria
Re: Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Cutehector(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
Llol I wonder hw handsome I will loook like wen I get old

1 Like

Re: Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by ronald4lif(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
I'm not disputing any research that has scientifically proves why men tends to live a shorter life to women. But for us Africans the answer is the African culture which leaves or which tends to place the responsibility of catering for the whole family on the shoulders of a man. It is good for a woman to use her salary to buy Asoke, do ashebi and other mundane stuff, but for the man, the rent, school fees, pocket money etc will and must be paid. He toils morning and night to make this possible. This I believe affects the longevity of men, especially in a country like ours that lacks basic amenities and essential health care system to put in check facilities that helps control health needs arising from this exposure.

Many times, a man die of heart related illnesses unlike their female counterparts. All this is on the knowledge that some women in Africa do bear these responsibilities alone or some few times together with their husbands. I think we are developing and may get there. Till date, most Nigerian girls have this idea that a man ought to take her out, buy her gifts, recharge cards, hairdo, pay for her transport, the list is endless. This is a big turn off for most men including myself. If and when I feel like doing this stuffs, I do them. But what I abhor is the idea that it is customary.

However, on my own part, I believe the role of the wife or rather woman is by no means a small one, and must not be easily disregarded. Yes men provide the finance, and that I would rather prefer than pass through the emotional qua psychological trauma, women endure to raise a family

Ka Chineke mezie okwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 10, 2015
Men worry too much

Most times over nothing in particular.
Re: Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by refreshrate: 1:17am On Jul 10, 2015
creamycute:
Men worry too much

Most times over nothing in particular.

Its the women who make them worry. Are you trying to say women are nothing?
Re: Scientists Shed Light On Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 10, 2015
refreshrate:

Its the women who make them worry. Are you trying to say women are nothing?

Like nothing they should really brother their head about to the extent of causing their own death.

(1) (Reply)

Nawahh Checkout What Is Written On This Man’s Cloth (photo) / Advice: True Love Test / Why Do Some Ladies Lie On There Weddingday Than Anything??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.