Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,272 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Use Your PSP As a Controller To Play PC games! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Use Your PSP As a Controller To Play PC games! (6028 Views)

How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? / Browse With Opera Mini On Your Psp / Get Your Psp Problems Solved Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use Your PSP As a Controller To Play PC games! by Infoseye(m): 11:38am On Mar 07, 2009
First, you need:

* A computer (obviously) with Windows (Won't work with vista!)™
* A PSP (duuh)
* A Wireless Access Point (that is connected to your PC)

Also! You need to download these:

* PPjoy- PPJoy PPJoy - Parallel Port Joystick driver for Windows 98, Me, 2000 and XP(http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/Docs/PPJoyMain.htm)
* wifi controller- http://imk.cx/psp/wificontroller/WiF, ler_v0.4.4.zip

The PPjoy's download method may seem suspicious but it's clean trust me

Installation:

I'm going to attempt to explain how to get this working. These steps are all necessary and you should pay close attention to them.

1. Extract the Wifi controler file and open the PSP directory and edit the proper wifi.cfg for your PSP version and set the IP of the computer you are going to use this on. If you don't know your IP address. Go to your "Start" menu. Click on "Run, " When the box opens up type "cmd.exe" without the quotes. When the command prompt opens type "ipconfig" without the quotes. It will report your IP address.

2. Copy the correct director(y|ies) to your PSP depending on whether you have a v1.00, v1.50 or v3.xx PSP. If you use a custom firmware mod that allows the use of a single EBOOT.PBP files on a v1.50 PSP then you can use the v1.00 directory.

Note : Depending on your access point's wireless encoding security, you might have to use the 3.40 version! because 1.50 does not work with WPA-TKIP!

3. Download and install PPJoy.

4. After it is installed open up your "Control Panel" and click on "Parallel Port Joysticks".

5. When the window comes up click "Add, " at the bottom. On the next screen change "Parallel port" to "Virtual joysticks" and then click "Add."

6. It will want to install some drivers so either have it scan automatically or point it to the directory you installed PPJoy to.

7. After it is done installing, click the "PPJoy Virtual joystick 1" in the menu and click "Mapping, "

8. Choose "Set a custom mapping for this controller" and click "Next."

9. Set these options for best results:

* Axes = 2 (X Axis and Y Axis)
* Buttons = 9
* POV hats = 1

press next,

* X Axis = Analog 0
* Y Axis = Analog 1

press next again,

* Button 1 = nothing
* Button 2 = Digital 0
* Button 3 = Digital 1
* Button 4 = Digital 2
* Button 5 = Digital 3
* Button 6 = Digital 4
* Button 7 = Digital 5
* Button 8 = Digital 11
* Button 9 = Digital 10

next again,

* North = Digital 6
* East = Digital 7
* West = Digital 9
* South = Digital 8

13. Repeat the steps above to add up to a total of 4 joysticks. (only if you want more than one PSP to play with)

14. Inside the PC directory, you will find a WiFiServer.exe. If you are just using one PSP to play games, you can run this file directly. If, however, you are or will be using more than one PSP, you will need to run one of the batch files in the directory. Simply double-click the batch file for the appropriate controller. You must have a server running for each controller you wish to use. The server(s) must also be running at all times while using the PSP as a joystick. When you are done using it, you can safely exit the program by pressing CTRL+C or clicking the close button for the window.
And that's it!
Have fun using your PSP to play PC games

originally gotten from forums.exophase.com many thanks to Darkchild
Re: Use Your PSP As a Controller To Play PC games! by chukslee2(m): 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2009
@ infoseye plz i will like to get you YM id, mine is chuksonyenebe@yahoo.com.
Thanx as i anticipate yr reply.
Re: Use Your PSP As a Controller To Play PC games! by Infoseye(m): 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2009
chuks@lee:

@ infoseye plz i will like to get you YM id, mine is chuksonyenebe@yahoo.com.
Thanx as i anticipate yr reply.

Ok mine is infoseye@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Comic And Tv And Manga/anime Characters Fight Threads / Please What Is The Activation Code Key For Pes 2017 And Fifa 2017 / Pes Mastery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.