Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,754 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? (14036 Views)

The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. / 'how To Answer The Question, "How Much Do We Pay You?"' / Best Approach To Networking -go Add Value! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Maximus85(m): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
Tbillz:
I have read online about this very questions but i will appreciate nairaland with practical experience, who has been confronted with this very question to pls shed light on it. Thank you guys

Proper planning and setting realistic goals.
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Venice789: 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
itzWarner:
I smoke weed and everything becomes small and simple grin

#shikena
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by JoshGiantfeet(m): 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
Kingbilo:
I was asked this question once or twice .. And what I always say is,

" I'm not one to make quick/rash decisions because somebody says so. I would rather do it right the first time. Maybe my slow methodical nature might be frowned upon for a moment but mistakes last much longer and usually have more severe effects."

And that's the truth.. In the long run. Diligence is always remembered and rewarded over speed. I'm saying this not just for what you should answer in your interview but for what you should do in real life too.

I'll give you a practical example. I had an assessment for training at my workplace. It was dealing with highly sensitive and expensive equipment. My instructor was trying to rush me because he wanted us to finish before 12pm and there were several ppl after me.. I simply looked him and asked him if he wanted this done right.. He cannot say no to that.. He kept quiet and i took my time and did all the steps correctly. The next guy after me came and the instructor tried to rush him.. The guy started rushing and made several silly mistakes. The instructor started shouting and was pissed. The instructor was like "why can't you take your time and do it like @kingbilo" grin

That my friend is how it works in the workplace.. If you carry someone else's pressure on your head, you carry the risk also

SLOW, METHODOLICAL......yet you hate Buhari! LOls....#fliesAway
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Kingbilo(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
JoshGiantfeet:

SLOW, METHODOLICAL......yet you hate Buhari! LOls....#fliesAway

Lol. I don't argue politics.
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by samwayne154(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
To tell u d truth......u can only handle pressure with temperature
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Brytawon(m): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
Remember a joke at that moment or take a deep breath for 10secs or walk away.
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
Go buy pressure cooking pot, add 10 cups of water, 10 cups of granite stone, put on fire and go to work.
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Jeel: 6:27am On Jul 12, 2015
segunotiti:
like seriously?
Yea bro. A trial will convince you
Re: What's The Best Approach To This Question "How Do You Handle Pressure"? by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 12, 2015
YerYer:
You handle pressure by being prepared for it. You need to tell yourself "you cannot please everyone" but you will try your best to handle whatever comes your way. You handle pressure by being very organized and improve your time management skills. Good luck OP

Good one!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower: 200,000 Npower Beneficiaries To Be Engaged As Financial Service Operator / Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? / British American Tobacco Online Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.