Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon (980 Views)

'Don’t Date Girls From 20-24, Date 26-30 Girls' - Nigerian Humanitarian / I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon by MeekMeshack(m): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
Have you ever said or heard a Lady say: “I gave myself to him, and he threw my love back in my face as if it were a piece of thrash.”?

The truth is women are in the habit of giving too much, too soon. No sooner than a woman meets a man and she begins inundating him with her past experiences… deluging him with too much emotional data than he can handle.

Granted that a man wants you to be honest, but you don’t have to give him more than he’s able to handle in the earlier stages of your relationship.

Now, I will ask you: Do you really want him to tell you all about his previous relationships? I mean all of them? Sometimes that information can be very helpful… but it can equally be as damaging especially if it comes at the wrong time.

My position is that it is safer for you the woman to have more information about the man than he has about you… strictly my opinion… though.

I will have to explain that this does not mean you are deceitful.

This is all about determining what information his heart can manage without being judgmental about you.

It could be acceptable for a man to narrate all his past affairs/relationships because this is easily acceptable in our socio-cultural system.

However, deep within a man’s heart he still has the inborn desire to marry a virgin.

Granted he might play around with some loose woman, but when it comes to settling down… he really wants to be with a woman he can trust.

He’s in search of a woman of grace… the principled woman.

Therefore, when you tell him all about your past affairs and relationships… that will go down very deep and more often than not color his impression of you.

So when your guy is busy telling you all about his past relationships, don’t erroneously take this as a cue to spill all of your beans.

You could just nod understandingly, and learn as much as you can about him from all of his narratives.

You could then tactfully say: ‘we all have had bad experiences, and hopefully we learned from them All!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon by carzola(m): 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
tongue

1 Like

Re: Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon by falconey(m): 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
you are making a big deal out of nothing...importance we African attach to this relationship of a thing is too alarming...
Re: Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon by MeekMeshack(m): 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
brooklyn49:
you are making a big deal out of nothing...importance we African attach to this relationship of a thing is too alarming...

i hopefully know there are people out there who seeks lot of changes......
Re: Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
MeekMeshack:

i hopefully know there are people out there who seeks lot of changes......
yh
changes from this manner of cobweb thinking mentality
as a nation this adult relationship of a thing will take us nowhere, u need creativity, not idleness
Re: Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon by IamLEGEND1: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Pls stop generalising,
Not everybody sees virginity as a plus..
And there is no INHERENT desire to marry virgins
THAT SHÌT IS SO OLD SCHOOL.
Re: Don’t Give Too Much Too Soon by MeekMeshack(m): 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
brooklyn49:

yh
changes from this manner of cobweb thinking mentality
as a nation this adult relationship of a thing will take us nowhere, u need creativity, not idleness

Alright then...

(1) (Reply)

A Great Mistake You Must Avoid Before Marriage / Vaginal Odor And Discharge: Whats Abnormal? / Reasons Why People Engage In Extra-marital Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.