Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue (32731 Views)

Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello Joel3,
These things u see, is it with ur eyes open in d dark or while ur eyes are shut?
Concerning ur medications, u really need to be patient with yourself and the medications.
Every drug has a side effect, some we are not aware of but could be causing damages our internal organs.
I figured out your drs were tailing off your medication which is why d dose was reduced from 2 at night to 1.
This reoccurrence of symptoms means it's too early to reduce d medications.
U may require them for a longer period in order to prevent reoccurance or relapse of symptoms.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
NayaNdupu,

thanks, I want to call u so I can get some assurance. and I don't know if I can call you now or tomorrow morning?

I am just returning from the hospital and after my complaint and explanation the doctor increase the drugs back to two at night. my fear is if the things happening to my eyes is not a dangerous threat.
cause it scared the hell out from me.

as regards to the things I see in the dark. it happens when I open my eyes from sleep. not on closed eyes but open eyes. and it only happens when I newly work up from sleep. at about 30 seconds to 60/seconds it get clear off.

or just when I put on the light everything will get normal.

example is it form something scaring or strange from existing object. from closet. cotton, pillow you name it. just anything. just like when u are trying to form something out from the sky, moon, clouds etc. seeing things in the dark that is not real. colors. red blue white yellow etc in darkness.

the constant noise volume has increase and other formal symptoms as a result from moving from two at night to one at night.

the doctor said I will need to take it for along time. now I am going back to two at night.

thanks dear
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
Joel3,
Tomorrow 9am will be a good time for us to talk, do call me then.
Thanks
Naya Ndupu
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
NayaNdupu:
Joel3,
Tomorrow 9am will be a good time for us to talk, do call me then.
Thanks
Naya Ndupu
OK. will do just that. but read. this link it will help .
www.nosleeplessnights.com/hypnagogic-hallucinations/
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2015
NayaNdupu, but are you satisfied that what is happening to me is an anxiety disorder and it should go away within one or two years?

my doctor said why he is happy is that I got improvement from the drug. and I will need to be on it for a very long time, does this improvement from the drug make it confirm to be anxiety?

my worried is how long I will be on this drugs. because I read a lot from the internet about people using amitriptyline for their anxiety treatment. some are over 10-15years while some 2-3 years are still depending on this drugs. its like their brain now depends on it rather than to heal it completely.

could you believe that the docs none of them told me anything that is wrong, all they did is to ask questions and then write drugs. the formal doc who first recommend amitriptyline told me that she knows better than I do, when I request I need a test. can you imagine that she didn't even want to listen to my compliant. she said she knows what is wrong with me. she said if I like I shouldn't come again.

because then I once abandoned going there instead I was going for church prayers and keep buying swipha talen from pharmacists around . it was when it was obvious the prayers ain't working and swipha only giving short relief I went back there to complain. after absent for a whole two mouths.

oh well thanks to the internet, if not for the internet that really help to calm me down that I am not mad, I am quite sure I won't have getting to this point cause I have learnt a lot from internet. and its like a self therapy.

thanks
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by just2okworld(f): 12:20am On Dec 22, 2015
Joel3:
NayaNdupu, but are you satisfied that what is happening to me is an anxiety disorder and it should go away within one or two years?

my doctor said why he is happy is that I got improvement from the drug. and I will need to be on it for a very long time, does this improvement from the drug make it confirm to be anxiety?

my worried is how long I will be on this drugs. because I read a lot from the internet about people using amitriptyline for their anxiety treatment. some are over 10-15years while some 2-3 years are still depending on this drugs. its like their brain now depends on it rather than to heal it completely.

could you believe that the docs none of them told me anything that is wrong, all they did is to ask questions and then write drugs. the formal doc who first recommend amitriptyline told me that she knows better than I do, when I request I need a test. can you imagine that she didn't even want to listen to my compliant. she said she knows what is wrong with me. she said if I like I shouldn't come again.

because then I once abandoned going there instead I was going for church prayers and keep buying swipha talen from pharmacists around . it was when it was obvious the prayers ain't working and swipha only giving short relief I went back there to complain. after absent for a whole two mouths.

oh well thanks to the internet, if not for the internet that really help to calm me down that I am not mad, I am quite sure I won't have getting to this point cause I have learnt a lot from internet. and its like a self therapy.

thanks

Let's relate,I have something for you!
Safe!
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by hrhobi1(m): 1:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Doc, I am back again,
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 6:22am On Dec 23, 2015
Joel3,
Sorry for responding late.
I don't think your issue is solely anxiety disorder.
Yes u have some form of anxiety disorder but as a comorbidity.

The drug you were placed on is actually an antidepressant and usually prescribed in d presence of depressive symptoms or somatic symptoms, some of which u may have

Regarding the duration of medication use, because of d likelihood of such conditions to chronicity, treatment is usually long-term in order to prevent reoccurrence or relapse of symptoms.

Sometimes in govt hospitals,
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2015
Sometimes in govt hospitals there is alot of work load n drs don't have d patience to spend so much time educating their patients adequately. This and other things can be d excuse their behaviours. Notwithstanding, it's still part of our duty.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 11:01am On Dec 23, 2015
just2okworld:
Let's relate,I have something for you! Safe!
something like what?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
dear nayaNdupu.

how much time does it normally takes to treat insomnia? in my case when this whole thing started. there was no insomnia. I could sleep very well. and I was only having this scary head pain/ pressure and it scares me a lot since it was only happening to me for the very first time.

I was really scared then to go out. something will just be telling me inside that I will go blank if I go outside alone. and if I am going out with someone I know I will feel good but if its only me it will get worst and the more I get scared the worst it becomes.

that was the only thing I know then cause I have this constant fear if I am outside alone and my head will start getting this pressure no matter how I tell myself not to panicked.

let me tell you the day it got worst. that day I decide to go to church alone. when I was going I had this little fear in me that the pressure might just come while on the way and nock me down.

suddenly it begans to come. when I entered a taxi. as we were going my heart keep beating. and it felt as if I want to go blank and loose consciousness. I quickly tell the driver to stop I am not going again. when I came down from the car I received a deadly painful sharped pain on my head. it felt as if I just received a gun bullet. then next I received another two sharp killer pain in two deferent location on my head. it was as if I want to go mad or loose conscious.

how I wish I was a girl or some guys, it would have been a loud shout that would have attracted people around..

somehow as it might sound. i kept quite and hold my head and start running home in fears as I maybe have believe it was a spiritual attacked. while I was rushing and praying calling on Jesus. Jesus, Jesus, while going home with my hand on my head the pain keep increasing.

i manage to get home and when I prayed the pain refused to go. then I played a Christian song and dance along as the song was playing then it start to cool down as I was dancing.

another day again I went out with my uncle to church service and there was no attacked

but the next day I decided to go to bank and from there to get something repair somewhere at that time I was still able to sleep fine.

as I was going to the bank alone I was having this fear that there might be another strick.

while in the bank the pressure in my head started rapidly. and the cashier was very slow and annoying while I was very angry and wanted to go home fast the pressure increases. when I left the bank I couldn't proceed to where I was going so i decide to go back home.

on my way home I saw a barbar shop then I decided it's time to cut my hair low. the barbar was shock when i told him to cut it very low, he was like bros this fine hair na him u wan cut? unknown for me that was when the all thing got worst. as he was curbing my hair they were massive pain all over and there came the clipper pain, in my heart it was as if the end of me has come, then my ear start with a constant noise like running water sound. the guy ask me if anything was wrong i told him to fast that my head want to burst I am getting massive headache.

it got to the point I couldn't bear it again. I told him to stop and just round it up like that which he did. this time I was receiving electronic shocked feeling in my head each time he touch it with clipper or anything.

I manage to run home the constant pain was in one side of my head. at the back right side close to my ear. this time they where all kind of movement going on. cruelly kind of movement in my head, back, hand, leg, ear and nose, and also fever, vomiting, running stomach. including numbness kind of feeling on my forehead. this time here come insomnia. I couldn't. sleep any more. the next day I want to hospital and my head hit the bus upper side as I didn't bend down well. it was just a little hit but it feels as if a bomb explosion and I want to faint. a drop water on my head is as if someone it my head with hummer. when I complain to doctor he gave me anti depressant drug forget the name, swipha talen and paracetamol. yes I could feel a relief daily from these drugs but not cure.

now amitriptyline seems to be doing a little cure but very slow. sometimes it feel like its not working and sometimes it prove that its working.

another thing is, at the moment when I drink alcohol alongside it improved my sleep at night.

sorry for the long post. thanks
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 4:59am On Dec 29, 2015
Joel3,
Compliments of d season.
Since u feel better with ur current medications, u need to continue the use. I would advise your medication dose be increased cos of your insomina.
DO NOT USE ALCOHOL WITH YOUR MEDICATION.
Alcohol is a central nervous depressant and when u combine it with antidepressant it further depresses ur system.
Concerning insomina, depending on d cause and type, it could last for months and sometimes very many years particularly in chronic cases.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
NayaNdupu,

same to you, Merry Christmas and happy prosperous new year..

my insomnia was chronic then, but with a drug called DANTIL 100 and swipha talen. I would sleep well at night maybe 6 to 7 hours.

but when I was newly introduced to Amitriptyline I cannot sleep well. I only manage to sleep 2hours from it. as at that time my head will be paining me in middle of the night. so when I notice i couldn't sleep on the drug, I will then combined amitriptyline with swipha talen together at night this will make me sleep 4 hours and when I woke up at night I won't be able to sleep again till morning.

so the next night I will abandoned amitriptyline and then use DALTIL 100 and swipha to sleep 6-7hours. before I will move back to amitriptyline the next night. that is how I was doing it then.

but later on I notice that I sleep 4 hours on amitriptyline alone, so i keep taking it and stop the other drugs,

after some time it move to 6hours and then again 7-8 hours now.

so the drug is working very slowly.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
Joel3,
Good to know u now recognize that d medications help though d effect takes time set in.
It requires patience to appreciate significant clinical improvement sometimes with these medications.
Well done all d same.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
NayaNdupu

when I get angry/bored or depressed or stressed like I am right now. there will be head pressure and pain it as if some vain inside my head want to burst. i will be forcing my mind away from the scene or engaged in things that give short pleasure so as to feel relief and worsting the whole thing.

I don't think I can stand any heartbreak at the moment. when I get disappointment I get this hardness, pain and tightness.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Barney11: 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nayandupu, pls doc,I have this severe phobia for loud Sounds like gunshots,'knockouts',local canon shots Igbos normally used during burial,it may sound Not serious but I am suffering!i don't enjoy festive season,I am always depressed that period,even wen I lost my close relative I could not properly attend because of the local boom sound igbos normally use during burial,I don't know wat to do,I fear so different and bittered.people don't seem to understand the effect it has on me and I don't know wat to do about this?pls Doc how can I overcome my fear that is tarnishing my person?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Barney11: 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nayandupu, pls doc,I have this SEVERE PHOBIA for LOUD Sounds like gunshots,'knockouts',local canon shots Igbos normally used during burial,it may sound Not serious but I am suffering!i don't enjoy festive season,I am always depressed that period,even wen I lost my close relative I could not properly attend because of the local boom sound igbos normally use during burial,I don't know wat to do,I feel so different and bittered.people don't seem to understand the effect it has on me and I don't know wat to do about this?pls Doc how can I overcome my fear that is tarnishing my person?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joel3,
It appears you still have florid anxiety symptoms based on ur last comments.
Yes your current medications is helping with your somatic symptoms but it's not tackling d anxiety symptoms adequately.
Can you discuss d possibility of another antidepressant with ur doctors?
Meanwhile when u get angry or agitated, u cld try relaxation and taking deep breaths which cld help calm u down n not aggregate ur symptoms.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
Barney 11,
Thanks for reaching out.
I need more details on how this phobia for loud noise started. What n when was d first experience?
Can u tell mi more about this depression u experience during festive periods?
Any treatment recieved n what ?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
GENERAL INFORMATION

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.
WISHING YOU THE BEST IN 2016.
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE QUESTIONS ON MENTAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES, IT WOULD BE HELPFUL GIVING BASIC INFO ABOUT UR SELVES such as;

* PREVIOUS TREATMENTS RECIEVED

THIS IS IN ADDITION TO UR COMPLAINTS COS IT GIVES ME A CLEARER MENTAL IMAGE OF YOU AND POSSIBLE DIAGNOSES OF WHAT THE PROBLEM MAY BE. FOR MORE ON MENTAL WELLNESS, VISIT www.drnayandupu.com THANKS
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Barney11: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks dr,I am 26+ and a female,I noticed it wen I was small say like 6years Buh wasn't bothered cos all my friends were afraid so we would run and and close our ears but as I grow older I noticed that I am more nervous and can't withstand it at all,would close my ears with my fingers until my hands aches,wen I was younger I would travel or run away as far as I wouldn't hear a thing or where it will be faint,haven't done any medication cos I don't know how to explain to people the heavy effect on me cos am always laughed at or suspect to be abnormal or even 'ogbanje',some will just say'what is ur problem,it doesn't kill,look at those children over there!,stuffs like that.i can go hungry or even woudnt do anything rather than closing my ears tightly for a day as long as those loud sounds are near me.i hv even thought about damaging my eardrum after I coundnt attend my grandfathers burial(whereby am suppose to carry his pix around and my husbands people will follow and dance around with me)imagine the drama among the villagers that day,Buh I thank hubby who spared me by telling them I wasn't feeling too well.i was crying and so nervous that I almost fainted,during festive season I would close my ears to sleep on 31st night because new year 'knockout',I would concentrate because I always afraid of the sudden loud sound and the effect on me,it scares me and makes me think I would die. I have research Buh didn't find helpful answer and have even asked my parents they said they were all afraid of the local Igbo canon shots until they were adults but mind continued!my grandma said it was because they didn't shoot the local igbo canon shot aka 'mkponala' at the death of my incarnated being.....lol.pls doc help me!i don't go to function with my hubby be cos of this and they always see the reason to be childishbut it traumatizes me.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
Barney 11,
After going thru your last reply, it now strongly appears that you suffer from a condition called phonophobia.
It's a type if specific phobia which requires professional help.
Treatment / management of this condition includes psychological and pharmacological depending on the severity of the associated anxiety symptoms.
For your case, you will require both lines of management.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Barney11: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks doc,will earplugs or earmuffs help me and where can I get a good pair?as am afraid of medication and its after effect?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Barney11: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello doc,what type of medication should I take (if you think earplug or earmuffs won't help me since itz not everyday thing).please doc I really need help,I want to live my life to the fullest.i don't even know how I will cope with my kids if am exposed to such sound without help.how do I start medication?hope it won't affect me mentally?pls I need your contact ASAP.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Barney 11,
Ear plugs may not be very useful for your condition because of the psychological components of this condition.
Sometimes this condition maybe mistaken for a similar condition hyperacusis in which there is also abnormal strong reaction to noise that isn't harmful to normal persons. This condition is related to problem with the auditory pathway n the management is different.
For phonophobia, cos it's a psychological issue that causes alot of anxiety n result in panic attacks sometimes, the management approach is different. Even if you use ear plugs, ur adrenalin levels will rise cos of anticipation of the loud noise and you may still experience all the above symptoms. So that doesn't really solve your problem. However it's still worth trying.
There is a need to address the associated anxiety. Self helps include various muscle relaxation which is taught by professionals .
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Barney11: 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks doc for your time and quick response,how do I get a good treatment?i would also love to have a sound reduction device and will be happy if you refer me to one,I am in Niger state.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Joel3(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2016
NayaNdupu

I just found the true cause of what's triggering my hypnoponpic when I woke up sometimes from sleep. As I have said before that it will be normal most times or moderate and sometimes it will get worst. I have put this into practice and study to underline the true cause and right now I am100% certain of the true cause in my case.

Want causes it is beer in combination with amitriptyline. That is the culprit. If I take amitriptyline in less than 1-3 hours after I drink beer this cause it and it worsting with the number of beer I took.

The level of it hypnoponpic determines how many bottle of beer and between what time I took the drugs. But if I take it around 9am-12pm and than take amitriptyline around 6-7pm it doesn't triggered it like that. But if I take the Beer and in less than 1-2 hours I take the drugs this increases it.

Lately it has been normal when I haven't taking beer at night, but last night I drink harp from 5pm and end drinking at 9pm in total of 3 bottles. When I got home I took the drugs at 9:30pm. It got worst this morning.

I like taking beer its something that give me joy when I am bored. The only thing now is I will watch out for at when I take the beer and when I take the drugs

Thanks
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Barney 11,
Sorry I reside n work in lagos.
U can go to the teaching hospital or federal medical centre to find a psychiatrist. I know there is one in Bida but don't ve his details.
In d meantime no harms trying to use ear plugs.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
Joel3
It's good u are making these discoveries about your health at least that goes to confirm why i advised against. That been said, it's not advisable to keep experimenting with ur health cos you will only jeopardise ur health further.
I have warned u against combining alcohol n medications particularly your current drugs. It's dangerous so STOP IT.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Barney11: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thanks,is there any specific plug for people with my condition?is the plug or muff different from music earpiece and please where can I get one?i have checked in electronic stores,they don't even get what I was asking.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 10:31am On Jan 07, 2016
Barney 11,
Sorry to disappoint you.
I don't ve much info on that cos it isn't my area of specialization, but u cld see an ENT (ear, nose and thorat) specialist to recommend a type for you.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Barney11: 10:56am On Jan 07, 2016
Ok,thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Can A Woman Be Pregnant For 9 Months Without Knowing She's Pregnant? / Monkeys Invade Osun Hospital’s Trauma Centre / Epileptic Woman Falls Into Fire In Ugandan (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.