Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,931 members, 7,863,291 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

Lies, Secrets & Love - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lies, Secrets & Love (3991 Views)

21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / 99 Secrets Ladies Have To Know About Guys / 99 Secrets Girls Have to Know about Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by DaPhoenix(f): 11:58pm On Mar 07, 2009
Moonstone:

I was going to say that too  cheesy

lol, I am so confused.

Moonstone:

but what could he be hiding to spare my feelings?
That he cheated on me with some girl? If I find that out, i will raise hell with him.
That he lied about something before we started dating? I will kill him.
I would rather a man be a man and step up. If you're going to do something wrong like getting drunk and waking up on some other girl, you might as well be a man and bear the consequences. If he was scared of losing me, he would tell me before I find out because NOTHING is hidden on this earth. Somehow, lies come back to haunt you most times.

I'm in no way advocating for lies, but there is a chance if he told you something as difficult as that at that time, you might have blown it out of proportion.

~Sauron~:

I only use ma personal GP.
He knows me more than i know meself so doctor out-of-town is a no-no.

hahaha Interesting.

~Sauron~:

DaPhoenix, confess now. . . . .do u have any kurukere ailment??

I don't know what that is but if I do have it, you must have given it to me.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Sauron1: 11:58pm On Mar 07, 2009
doyin13:

hehehe. . .he knows you more than you know yourself.

He must be an exorcist.

Shut up, doyin23.
How was your trip to Naija??
I saw you pushing your ghana-must-go at Heathrow some weeks ago. grin grin

DaPhoenix:

I don't know what that is but if I do have it, you must have given it to me.

Kurukere = hidden.
Given it to you?? I am squeaky clean, abeg.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by doyin13(m): 12:00am On Mar 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Shut up, doyin23.
How was your trip to Naija??
I saw you pushing your ghana-must-go at Heathrow some weeks ago. grin grin

You saw the wrong persin jo.

stowaway to come. . . .stowaway to go.

immigration is tighter now though. i am currently at Dover.

I shall definitely be voting for Blair next time grin grin
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Moonstone(f): 12:01am On Mar 08, 2009
DaPhoenix:

lol, I am so confused.

I'm in no way advocating for lies, but there is a chance if he told you something as difficult at that time, you might have blown it out of proportion
Then what are you advocating for? You wanna hear the truth when your 4th kid is in college?
Honesty is important in relationships and until you know how to put that in your relationship, you will have problems if you find out.
When I get pissed at a guy's action, I actually take time out to fume all I want before saying stuff or breaking up with him.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by TOYOSI20(f): 12:04am On Mar 08, 2009
@ TOPIC

Lies are quite different from withholding important information, if u find urself omitting something so as not to hurt ur partners feelings,. . . .

how then is that considered a lie?? undecided, it’s a likkle deceptive though, but wouldn’t call it an outright lie!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

All in all, with love both parties should be none-judgmental and refrain from pointing accusing fingers unnecessarily!!,. . . .

it doesn’t help matters, you are therefore OBLIGATED to tell the truth, cos for how long can u “hide” the so called mystery??

Esp. if u are asked directly about information, U must speak the truth!! wink
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by doyin13(m): 12:06am On Mar 08, 2009
It depends on the face of the person u are lying to. . . .

some people's faces just elicit lies from their partners. their visage is in perpetual anticipation of war.

but if u have a woman with an angelic face. . . . .truth be told, I go still lie. grin grin grin
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Sauron1: 12:06am On Mar 08, 2009
doyin13:

You saw the wrong persin jo.

stowaway to come. . . .stowaway to go.

immigration is tighter now though. i am currently at Dover.

I shall definitely be voting for Blair next time  grin grin

I saw your pentagon-shaped head.
U were on tees n Jeans. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Blair?? Try Mag Thatcher!!!
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by DaPhoenix(f): 12:07am On Mar 08, 2009
Moonstone:

Then what are you advocating for? You wanna hear the truth when your 4th kid is in college?
Honesty is important in relationships and until you know how to put that in your relationship, you will have problems if you find out.
When I get pissed at a guy's action, I actually take time out to fume all I want before saying stuff or breaking up with him.

While that is so true, certain situations need truth and others are better without. For example, you go to the club alone and because of the music you missed a call from your man. The next day, he asks what happened last night . . . Oh I was watching a movie downstairs and left my phone under my pillow in my bed upstairs.

~Sauron~:

Kurukere = hidden.
Given it to you?? I am squeaky clean, abeg.

Nothing's hidden, I'm still a virgin.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Sauron1: 12:09am On Mar 08, 2009
DaPhoenix:

And Doyin13 is a Caucasian. cheesy
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by tope2000(f): 12:10am On Mar 08, 2009
DaPhoenix:

While that is so true, certain situations need truth and others are better without. For example, you go to the club alone and because of the music you missed a call from your man. The next day, he asks what happened last night . . . Oh I was watching a movie downstairs and left my phone under my pillow in my bed upstairs.

Lmao . . . . . . classic
Im sure every1 have said something similar to this grin grin grin
These are called white lies tongue
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by DaPhoenix(f): 12:12am On Mar 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

And Doyin13 is a Caucasian. cheesy

He is

tope2000:

Lmao . . . . . . classic
Im sure every1 have said something similar to this grin grin grin
These are called white lies tongue

lol
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 08, 2009
@TOYOSI

Some women would rather hear the deceptive PART of the truth rather than the truth itself.

It's called an Equivocation. A statement that is not literally false but that cleverly avoids an unpleasant truth.

True, leaving a lil truth out of something is quite different from a lie. But at the same time, they're the same.

Truth or silence. But , rem you said we can't tell our spouse everything.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Sauron1: 12:15am On Mar 08, 2009
DaPhoenix:

He is

With his black ass?? grin grin grin
If he sits on a white sheet it would turn dark brown.
Thatz how black Doyin13 is.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Moonstone(f): 12:15am On Mar 08, 2009
DaPhoenix:

I know some need truth. But lying is lying. . . by omission or deed.
When I go clubbing, I will tell my man. He needs to be able to understand that I am not going to get a man cos I'm content with him.
If such a little as clubbing can disrupt your relationship, I think you should think twice about that relationship.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by doyin13(m): 12:17am On Mar 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

The politically correct term is brown skin you doofus. .

I will have you know India Arie dedicated that her song ''Brown Skin'' to me cool cool cool
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Sauron1: 12:22am On Mar 08, 2009
doyin13:

I am not in politics section, u cunt!!!

I will have you know India Arie dedicated that her song ''Brown Skin'' to me cool cool cool

Brown skin me ass.
I still dunno how you got past immigration officers.
They shoulda sent ur ass back to Okokomaiko.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by TOYOSI20(f): 12:26am On Mar 08, 2009
HeatFusion:

@TOYOSI

Some women would rather hear the deceptive PART of the truth rather than the truth itself.

It's called an Equivocation. A statement that is not literally false but that cleverly avoids an unpleasant truth.

True, leaving a lil truth out of something is quite different from a lie. But at the same time, they're the same.

Truth or silence. But , rem you said we can't tell our spouse everything.

I hear u dear, I think we women can handle these kinds of situations just a little better,. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Esp. if it comes to breaking shocking information to a woman, (a wife to be precise), u have to be considerate, . . . . undecided

I think its imperative to weigh the pros and cons of the whole thing, like can u get away wid not mentioning it at all??

What you hope to accomplish by doing so??

Is there an ulterior motive behind the whole thing, or does it help to make the relationship stronger?? cool

And other pressing questions along that line, timing is also important, Yeah, I still stand by that dear, but not in a malicious way oo!! wink smiley
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by DaPhoenix(f): 12:29am On Mar 08, 2009
doyin13:

I will have you know India Arie dedicated that her song ''Brown Skin'' to me  cool cool cool

You listen to India.Arie too?? She is amazing. I love her new album.

Moonstone:

When I go clubbing, I will tell my man. He needs to be able to understand that I am not going to get a man cos I'm content with him.
If such a little as clubbing can disrupt your relationship, I think you should think twice about that relationship.

I feel you, really. I think basically don't expect from others what you can't give to them yourself. If you can't be faithful, don't have hopes for your partner to be faithful. If you are the faithful type, set high standards for yourself in terms of what you'll stand for in your partner.

~Sauron~:

lol I've seen him and he is handsome.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 08, 2009
Moonstone:

I can imagine you running after your man with a broomstick for telling you of the extra 5 pounds u gained grin grin
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by doyin13(m): 12:30am On Mar 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

I am not in politics section, u cunt!!!

Brown skin me ass.
I still dunno how you got past immigration officers.
They shoulda sent ur ass back to Okokomaiko.

hehehehe. . .only after they send u back to Ebute Metta.

And you need to stop buying copies of that bloody song. tongue tongue
DaPhoenix:

tell him dear.

Jackal. . .see yaself. Besides Dayokanu, no one has called u handsome on this forum grin grin
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by tope2000(f): 12:31am On Mar 08, 2009
DaPhoenix:

doyin is handsome. . . . u need goggles grin grin cheesy
he dey try sha tongue
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by doyin13(m): 12:33am On Mar 08, 2009
tope2000:

he dey try sha tongue

Look at you. . .Ego ta mo bus.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by tope2000(f): 12:34am On Mar 08, 2009
doyin13:

Look at you. . .Ego ta mo bus.

tongue tongue tongue

lmao. . . . . . there is nothing ego abt me
dont mistake me for victoria beckham cheesy grin
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Sauron1: 12:35am On Mar 08, 2009
DaPhoenix:

Smeagol is also hot!!!

doyin13:

hehehehe. . .only after they send u back to Ebute Metta.
And you need to stop buying copies of that bloody song. tongue tongue

Can't stand Banky W
He had to be the most retarded Arrow this century.
tell him dear.

Jackal. . .see yaself. Besides Dayokanu, no one has called u handsome on this forum  grin grin

Asides Tumfulu n Ennyluv, no one even sees you as average.
U make OBJ look like Brad Pitt. grin

tope2000:

he dey try sha tongue

She needs a magnifying glass. tongue
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Moonstone(f): 12:35am On Mar 08, 2009
HeatFusion:

I can imagine you running after your man with a broomstick for telling you of the extra 5 pounds u gained grin grin
I would not do that at all! I'll lose the weight but first I would only remind him of how his shirts are little too snug on his tummy area these days.  cheesy cheesy
DaPhoenix:

I feel you, really. I think basically don't expect from others what you can't give to them yourself. If you can't be faithful, don't have hopes for your partner to be faithful. If you are the faithful type, set high standards for yourself in terms of what you'll stand for in your partner.
Exactly! You need to know the kind of guy you're dating and you need to be open with him.
I know what I can stand in a man and sadly, I sometimes lower my standards and it's gotten me absolute crap so now I'm sticking to my standards and all. If you can take a man cheating, go for that. . . if not, tell him there's no room for that.
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 08, 2009
TOYOSI20:

I hear u dear, I think we women can handle these kinds of situations just a little better,. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Esp. if it comes to breaking shocking information to a woman, (a wife to be precise), u have to be considerate, . . . . undecided

I think its imperative to weigh the pros and cons of the whole thing, like can u get away wid not mentioning it at all??

What you hope to accomplish by doing so??

Is there an ulterior motive behind the whole thing, or does it help to make the relationship stronger?? cool

And other pressing questions along that line, timing is also important, Yeah, I still stand by that dear, but not in a malicious way oo!! wink smiley

LOL, dnt get me wrong.

I'm not into the deceptive part. But I have to admit myself, there are some things I'd rather not want to hear.

He can't get away with the important things. . . . you know what they say "Anything that happens in the dark comes to light".

Like take dayokanu for an example. The dude likes u, but did he mention to you of his wives he left in the village?

He avoids telling you because he knows it'll hurt yor feelings.

Now take me for an example. I won't lie, sometimes I tell half truth in order to avoid complications and trouble cool cool But it's still the truth.

Does it strengthen any relationship? I don't see how sad sad
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by DaPhoenix(f): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2009
tope2000:

he dey try sha tongue

lol Gurl, have you seen his body?

I will stop here.

~Sauron~:

Smeagol is also hot!!!

Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 08, 2009
There should be some secrets abeg, when your partner knows EVERYTHING, that's just way too boring  cool
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by A40(m): 12:40am On Mar 08, 2009
Sometimes and yeah i mean sometimes what a nigga don't know won't hurt him same goes for women too the only thing you do is hope and pray your partner never gets to find out,its not the best approach but sometimes its the only approach
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by tope2000(f): 12:41am On Mar 08, 2009
DaPhoenix:

lol Gurl, have you seen his body?

I will stop here.

he does have a tight body. . . . . . only dat i agree with cheesy
but i will go for stephen n treetop body all day long grin grin grin grin
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 08, 2009
Moonstone:

I would not do that at all! I'll lose the weight but first I would only remind him of how his shirts are little too snug on his tummy area these days.  cheesy :
rotflmao
do you know how hard it is to lose weight?
Mehn cry cry
Best tell him to get used to it grin

ibkaye:

There should be some secrets abeg, when your partner knows EVERYTHING, that's just way too boring  cool
exactly.

A lil fight here and there keeps it stronger too cool cool
Re: Lies, Secrets & Love by doyin13(m): 12:42am On Mar 08, 2009
A-40:

[b]Sometimes and yeah i mean sometimes what a nigga don't know won't hurt him same goes for women [/b]too the only thing you do is hope and pray your partner never gets to find out,its not the best approach but sometimes its the only approach

chei. . . see me see trouble oo

Adamu. . .because like play like play u see yaself for Wyoming, u think say u can talk like gangster.

Orisirisi tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zimbawean Women Rock / Pastor Kumuyi Weds Administrator Of The Deeper Life Bible Church / Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.