Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? (18589 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. / Why Do Women Reveal Their Cleavages And Turn Around To Complain! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by IronButt(f): 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2009
about me:
i'm not really shopaholic, so i dont care about clothes at all.
i think that most important is to wear clean clothes.
it's not necessary to wear formal dress with high heels everyday,  (like hillary clinton or other businesswoman does)  angry
i wear what i like,  I just feel comfortable with them.

about my BF:
I met him one year ago and he never said something like this he did today.
he said that he hates the way i am dressing, he wishes I'd dress more conservatively.
WTF?

Should I change for him or should I keep upsetting him?

here a small picture of half-me : )

Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by DaPhoenix(f): 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2009
Excuse me but how old are you?
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by IronButt(f): 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2009
C in my profile.
i am not a teenage girl  tongue
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by JJYOU: 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2009
what is wrong with that  dress? where were you going?

some people have wahala
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by gozzilla(m): 11:19pm On Mar 07, 2009
half you look really nice.
the full we cannot tell.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by DaPhoenix(f): 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2009
IronButt:

C in my profile.
i am not a teenage  girl  tongue

I'm glad you know that. You're an adult and you wear what ever you feel comfortable in. If he doesn't like it, he can get to stepping.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Sauron1: 11:22pm On Mar 07, 2009
IronButt:

C in my profile.
i am not a teenage girl  tongue

He has a right to complain.
I cannot be with a babe with no dress sense.
Shape up or ship out.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by IronButt(f): 11:22pm On Mar 07, 2009
i like to wear jeans. but he want me to dress like a "real woman"

today i nearly broke up with him, because our arguing about appearance led us to the dead end  
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by JJYOU: 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2009
IronButt:

today i nearly broke up with him, because our arguing about appearance led us to the dead end  
dont see anything wrong in jeans . have u always worn jeans? was he blind before?
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2009
ironbutt, is your boy friend a member of deeper life ministries?
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by DaPhoenix(f): 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

He has a right to complain.
I cannot be with a babe with no dress sense.
Shape up or ship out.

Let him go find another girl then. . .

IronButt:

How do real women dress?
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by IronButt(f): 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2009
sorry guys i dont know how to reply your messages.
so i am writing all my answers together.
yes i 've always worn the jeans.
i think i am born with jeans.

i am not showing you my wardwobe but here, abother pic. he hates this tight jeans! angry
but i feel so good in them man!!!!
today i changed my red boots because of him, i met him this evening,
he said he hates them. so i went back home and changed my shoes.

i feel so bad right now

DaPhoenix

i have no idea!! cheesy

Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2009
Jeans is now unladylike?

Since when did you lose your mind that your bf has to tell you what to wear?

Well, it all depends on ya age sha. Maybe he doesn't want th other "rams" to see ya goodies wink
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Sauron1: 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2009
DaPhoenix:

Let him go find another girl then. . .

I hope he does. . . .

F'kinell, I cannot put up with women sagging their jeans too.
Some women forget they are not men and they put out this tom-boyish attitude.
Who wears jeans n boots on a sunny day??
Y'all should be feminine.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Moonstone(f): 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2009
At 26, I would say that dress sense is very very conservative. What da heck? Does he want you in some maternity gown or what?
HeatFusion:

Jeans is now unladylike?

Since when did you lose your mind that your bf has to tell you what to wear?

Well, it all depends on ya age sha. Maybe he doesn't want th other "rams" to see ya goodies wink
Aunty wa, we know of your own dress sense sha. . . very conservative. Please advise her properly ooo! I don't know why you're talking about goodies now.  angry angry angry tongue
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by IronButt(f): 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2009
~Sauron~

Who wears jeans n boots on a sunny day??
Y'all should be feminine.

i live in georgia, here is f*&n cold right now smiley))
so i have to wear boots not to freeze my booties cheesy embarassed
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Sissy3(f): 11:42pm On Mar 07, 2009
maybe it is the tops u wear with the jeans that he sees as too revealing undecided

or maybe u dress too whatever for special events that he doesn't find appealing undecided
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by doyin13(m): 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2009
Every woman should be made to wear wrapper. . . .shoulders bare.

Turns me right on grin grin
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2009
@Moonstone
angry angry angry are you being sarcastic? angry angry
I always wear the grandma drress. . . . grin grin grin
But for real, I know when to dump my jeans and wear a dress or suit. tongue
Suit is more comfortable and makes one look skinny shocked shocked grin

I'm talking abt the goodies u wear showing with that shirt.
No wonder debosky dey follow u abt, watching those rams watching you cool cool
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by JJYOU: 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2009
~Sissy~:

maybe it is the tops u wear with the jeans that he sees as too revealing undecided
is he deeper life or what?
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Sauron1: 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2009
IronButt:

i live in georgia, here is f*&n cold right now smiley))
so i have to wear boots not to freeze my booties cheesy  embarassed

Georgia?? It's freaking cold out there. grin grin grin grin
Tell your boyfriend u don't wanna die of hypothermia.
He should understand.

Where is this dude from?? Afghanistan??
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by IronButt(f): 11:48pm On Mar 07, 2009
@~Sauron~

no , he is also Georgian (Europe) not USA . smiley)
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by A40(m): 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2009
doyin13:

Every woman should be made to wear wrapper. . . .shoulders bare.

Turns me right on grin grin
Dude you are so old-school cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't see anything scandalous in what you got on there is not too much skin on show so i don't know why your bf is tripping is he an Imam? maybe he wants to turn you to an elehaa wearing hijab
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Sauron1: 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2009
IronButt:

@~Sauron~

no , he is also Georgian (Europe) not USA . smiley)

I know where your Georgia is. . . .
Explain things to him.
Make him understand the reasons you wear your jeans.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Sissy3(f): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2009
JJYOU:

is he deeper life or what?

maybe he is just an ordinary guy who seems to be jealousy that other guys might hit on his girl so he wants her to dress madamly

or maybe the girl dress inapproariate, too revealing, u know some guys just like their ladies always dressing classy

or maybe the guy is insecure about himself that he thinks the girl looks a lot nicer than him and he doesn't want that
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by tope2000(f): 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2009
I dont see anything wrong with ur dressing undecided
I think ur bf have issues tongue
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Sissy3(f): 12:02am On Mar 08, 2009
tope2000:

I dont see anything wrong with ur dressing undecided
I think ur bf have issues tongue

maybe this is just the finer ones n not the ones the boy is complaining bout grin
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by tope2000(f): 12:03am On Mar 08, 2009
~Sissy~:

maybe this is just the finer ones n not the ones the boy is complaining bout grin

U r a meanie grin grin grin grin
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Sissy3(f): 12:15am On Mar 08, 2009
tope2000:

U r a meanie grin grin grin grin

im just saying nah, grin grin, u knw sometimes pple dnt always knw wot is right 4 them even in fashion so someone needs to step in cheesy tongue
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by tope2000(f): 12:16am On Mar 08, 2009
~Sissy~:

im just saying nah, grin grin, u knw sometimes pple dnt always knw wot is right 4 them even in fashion so someone needs to step in cheesy tongue

Gosh . . . . .i thot i was the only one that feels like that
Sometimes i just feel like bitch-slapping some females on how they dress sad
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by doyin13(m): 12:19am On Mar 08, 2009
tope2000:

Gosh . . . . .i thot i was the only one that feels like that
Sometimes i just feel like bitch-slapping some females on how they dress sad

You are one of those ITK abi. . .

I almost poured IGBE on one lady that dared to diss my Flava Flav neck clock angry angry angry
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 08, 2009
Same way we girls have the right to complain about the way our guys dress  kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Is There Really Any Point Or Gain In Being A Good Girl? / Keys To Seduction And Self Improvement / Most Embarrassing Moment Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.