Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Hard Facts Of Life. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hard Facts Of Life. (17917 Views)

Facts Of The Two Sisters Who Married Oba Of Benin, Ewuare II / Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult / 25 Miraclous Facts Of Sex And What You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2019
When we are born, our minds are at tabula rasa. What we know depends on our environment, experiences, exposure and, where possible, the indoctrination our society has given us. Reality is such that no matter what we believe, it doesn't change and it doesn't care about our feelings. Given that many grew up believing the wrong things and are still believing these things, I find it important to set things straight. It might be that many are sensible but still not aware of certain things. Without wasting your time, here are hard facts about life.

1) THERE IS NO GOD AND YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN : a lot might not agree but I challenge you to show me any evidence that god exists. Your life struggle is yours to bear and no god is coming to help you out. No matter how much you pray, what god you believe in and how morally upright you are, nature will always take it's course and if you don't do the right thing, you won't get the right result. Religion, psychic stuffs and other spiritual stuffs are ridiculous falsehoods with no sound basis in reality. Do away with them and start facing reality.

2) THERE IS NO AFTERLIFE : once you die, that's it. Your cease existing forever after you die and there is no coming back. So do all you want now that you are alive. This world is all there is, there is no spiritual/unseen world. This is where you succeed, this is where you fail. If you don't make it here, forget it and there is no second chance. This is where you are happy, this where you are sad. Once time has passed, it can never be regained.

3) PEOPLE HAVE THEIR PRICE : people are not moral. With the right amount of money and desperation, people will do immoral and mean things. For many, morality is only when it's convenient. Learn not to trust anyone for even your enemies may smile a lot. Money reveals people's true colour. When it comes to money, people are not to be trusted and are mean spirited opportunists. When you have money, people (men and women) will gather round you. They don't give a damn about you but your money. Learn to say "no," spend your money on yourself and leave the rest for your children.

4) SUCCESS IS NEVER GUARANTEED UNTIL IT IS ACHIEVED : that boy or girl that looked almost certain to succeed might end up turning out to be a "failure" in future. That boy or girl that was looked down upon might be the highest achiever in future. No one, I repeat no one, can know the future. You might do everything right and die before you reap the fruit of your labour. You might suddenly have an accident or disease that would render you useless no matter how bright you were. You might be lucky to make it. There is nothing like a way to make it in life instead all you have are principles that increases your chances at making it in life but chances are what they are and are not certainty. Until it is achieved, success is not guaranteed.

5) LIFE ON EARTH HAS NO PURPOSE : you exist for no reason. The universe doesn't owe you any meaning to your existence. The meaning your life has is the meaning you give to it. There is nothing like destiny and fate. Your life is how you plan it.

6) NOT EVERYONE WILL MAKE IT IN LIFE : we all know this but still like to act like success is our birthright because we think our life is in the hands of an imaginary god. Even if we all work hard, not all of us will make it and you could be among those that don't make it. Even among those that succeed, there will be variation. Some will make it early while some will make it late. Some will be privileged to be born in a successful family while some will be born in poor families.

7) YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL : that HIV you hear about can happen to you. That cancer you hear about can happen to you. That rape you read about in the news can happen to you. That ghastly accident you read on nairaland, newspaper and see on tv can happen to you. In short anything bad can happen to you. That untimely death you see and hear from wherever can happen to you. Who the hell are you to think that you are immune to these things?

cool THE UNIVERSE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MORALITY. ALL IS CAUSE AND EFFECT : good things happen to bad people; good things happen to good people; bad things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Do the right thing and you will get the right result. It doesn't matter whether your approach is legal or not (legality and illegality are man's construct), apply the rules and you will get the right results. Cause and effect agrees with the strong overcoming the weak that's why your corrupt and powerful politician can unduly put you in jail and you will rot there no matter how morally upright you are. Your saving grace is if there is a more powerful force to save you and keep him in check. The universe cares about rules and facts not morality and your constitution.

9) INJUSTICE, NO KARMA AND WICKEDNESS : The universe doesn't care about your wellbeing and disputes. That guy that raped you might never be caught and would go on to marry and be happy till he dies while you struggle to make a living. That rich guy that snatched your girlfriend or the girlfriend that cruelly snubbed you and went for a rich man might end up building a happy marriage and home while you keep on struggling. Justice is man's duty to uphold. That man that stole all your money might invest it and be successful while you rot away; that man or woman that stole your idea might use it to make billions while you rot away into oblivion and poverty; that fake friend that cruelly snubbed you during your hard time might live a life of fulfilment while you rot away in misery; that cultist that shot your sister might never be found and may go on to live a successful and happy life. There is nothing like karma, if man doesn't seek justice then justice will never be implemented. Sorry for you if you think god will avenge your hurt and fight your battles. Sorry for you if the person you want to bring justice upon is very powerful. Take heart, it's life.

... to be continued

55 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by FemiEddy(m): 12:36am On Feb 08, 2019
You said there is no God? I decieve you not, God Exists, Seek the Truth. Most of your points are not true brother smiley

17 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Fidelismaria: 12:52am On Feb 08, 2019
Interesting read
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Undertaker001: 12:54am On Feb 08, 2019
FemiEddy:
You said there is no God? I decieve you not, God Exists, Seek the Truth. Most of your points are not true brother smiley
they say bring evidence and you are here typing what we have already seen countless times

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 12:56am On Feb 08, 2019
Undertaker001:
they say bring evidence and you are here typing what we have already seen countless times
No mind am. Na so people dey take fail exam.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by FemiEddy(m): 1:04am On Feb 08, 2019
Undertaker001:
Does God exist? We have to realize, friends, that this is not just about having the best argument and winning the debate. Its about truth. You see, logically, one side is fatally wrong, and the other is distinctly correct. One side promotes a life that will eventually be proved useless and the other utilizes its earthly time correctly (be it freely without God or in worship of God). And then of course, if God does exist, by the same premise of logic only one religion can be true, and all others flukes. They are no better than those who live as though He didn't exist.

That is why it is essential that in this discussion we put aside all anger and strife and really take a deep breath and consider the other side. You do realize that if God exists, then if you're in willful sin, you are in trouble, right? And as the Apostle Paul of the Bible says, believer, you are to be most pitied if what you believe in is a sham. You ought to eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you die!

Now in my next couple of posts I shall be calling up to the witness stand some Bible verses that I believe not only prove God's existence, but substantiate Christ as the only Way to God. These are not verses that've been used much, if at all, in this debate and I'm hoping they might bring some perspective. Only one verse today:

"so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:45

Isn't it ironic that one of the main arguments against the Christian God ( I say "Christian God" because only in Christianity does He claim to be love) is all the suffering in the world, even though the Bible explicitly explains the answer. Why does He allow it? Well, let's start here, if a loving God does not exist, then why is it that wicked people all around have sunshine and rain? I mean, if we are judging by some pantheistic moral standard that we have made up, then why is it that our self made God doesn't withhold food and drink from the wicked? Do we even understand what we are asking for when we ask for all suffering to end? Do we realize that we are asking Him to swipe the world clean of us? Yes, my friend, you and I. We are so evil we cant even hide it. I mean, we read the news, don't we? What do we find here almost every day? Atrocities upon atrocities caused not by nature but by humans on other humans. Yet God still sends us sunshine and rain. Imagine this. The guy who raped a little girl is going to get water to drink tomorrow. But why?

Well, only Christianity can answer that question."God shows us His love in this, that whilst we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8. You see, my fiend, the fact that everyone on earth, the ones we deem "wicked" and those we deem "good", both have sunshine and rain, and eat and are filled, is proof of not only God's existence (by virtue of the fact that He is good and merciful) but also that the Christian view is the only accurate one because it explains why God would allow this. That all might come to redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who lived, died under the wrath of God and rose again for the forgiveness of all who would turn away from their wickedness and believe in His name.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by dododawa1: 1:09am On Feb 08, 2019
The OP na them
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2019
.. continued

10) SUCCESS IS STEP BY STEP UNTIL THE VERY END : you must be consistent and not rest on your laurels, keep on at it step by step till the very end. Because you worked hard and made sound decisions in the past doesn't mean things will turn out well. A single mistake, ignorance or bad association can cost you all you have worked for overnight. So it's step by step with wisdom till the very end.

11) MIRACLES DON'T EXIST : there are no such things as miracles -- from the supernatural perspective. Work and hustle.

12) NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING : even if you are dying, your medical bill is five naira and you can't afford it, no one owes it to you to help you out. The rich don't owe the poor anything. You don't owe anyone anything and no one owes you anything. Let everyone go and work. No matter how much you complain and try to get emotionally, no one owes you sh1t. If you are broke, no one will give you money and no one will look your face no matter how handsome you are so when you have money, don't waste it being a Santa Claus. Use your money for yourself and children and leave to them the remaining as inheritance. Your money should pass down to your bloodline. If you like go and give birth to children that you can't take care of, when you can't afford hospital bills and your child dies, don't blame anyone.

When you have money, people will gather around you not because they like you but because they like your money. Even if it's your last card, they don't care. They will collect it. Learn to say "no" no matter the emotional display and desperation shown by the begger. Let people go and work and earn for themselves, you don't owe them anything. If you waste your money being a Santa Claus, people will disappear, no one will give you money, the people who you have helped will distance themselves from you ,snub you and start giving you attitude/insults. Don't borrow people money because most people don't pay back. Human needs have no end, even if you spend $2bn to meet people's needs, they will still come again. Beware that people always like to take advantage and control so stand your ground and trust no one. Live within your means as you are not obliged to impress or compete with anyone.

13) BEING TOO KIND IS A WEAKNESS : be kind while using your brain. Learn to say "no" and stand your ground and don't lose sleep helping people or at least those that are not worth it. Being kind can backfire.

14) EVERYTHING IS PHYSICAL, NOTHING IS SPIRITUAL : Everything thing is physical and has a physical explanation. Nothing is spiritual and no observation should be attributed to the spiritual. Nothing like "my village people dey do me," if you no make am, no be person dey do you. Many things that people thought were spiritual ended up having physical explanations. Be real. No human being is spiritually endowed with special anointing, supernatural knowledge, spiritual gifts or any of those nonsenses. No one is special and can't do what you can't spiritually. You can't heal terminal cancer therefore no pastor can do the same. You cannot disappear therefore your pastor or native doctor can't. Every person be human being. Throw spiritual nonsenses away.

The end.

34 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2019
Number 1 and 2 are crap

3 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by MJBOLT: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2019
trash,quoting the bible doesnt prove god exists.i can do the same for a comic book

[s]
FemiEddy:
Does God exist? We have to realize, friends, that this is not just about having the best argument and winning the debate. Its about truth. You see, logically, one side is fatally wrong, and the other is distinctly correct. One side promotes a life that will eventually be proved useless and the other utilizes its earthly time correctly (be it freely without God or in worship of God). And then of course, if God does exist, by the same premise of logic only one religion can be true, and all others flukes. They are no better than those who live as though He didn't exist.

That is why it is essential that in this discussion we put aside all anger and strife and really take a deep breath and consider the other side. You do realize that if God exists, then if you're in willful sin, you are in trouble, right? And as the Apostle Paul of the Bible says, believer, you are to be most pitied if what you believe in is a sham. You ought to eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you die!

Now in my next couple of posts I shall be calling up to the witness stand some Bible verses that I believe not only prove God's existence, but substantiate Christ as the only Way to God. These are not verses that've been used much, if at all, in this debate and I'm hoping they might bring some perspective. Only one verse today:

"so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:45

Isn't it ironic that one of the main arguments against the Christian God ( I say "Christian God" because only in Christianity does He claim to be love) is all the suffering in the world, even though the Bible explicitly explains the answer. Why does He allow it? Well, let's start here, if a loving God does not exist, then why is it that wicked people all around have sunshine and rain? I mean, if we are judging by some pantheistic moral standard that we have made up, then why is it that our self made God doesn't withhold food and drink from the wicked? Do we even understand what we are asking for when we ask for all suffering to end? Do we realize that we are asking Him to swipe the world clean of us? Yes, my friend, you and I. We are so evil we cant even hide it. I mean, we read the news, don't we? What do we find here almost every day? Atrocities upon atrocities caused not by nature but by humans on other humans. Yet God still sends us sunshine and rain. Imagine this. The guy who raped a little girl is going to get water to drink tomorrow. But why?

Well, only Christianity can answer that question."God shows us His love in this, that whilst we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8. You see, my fiend, the fact that everyone on earth, the ones we deem "wicked" and those we deem "good", both have sunshine and rain, and eat and are filled, is proof of not only God's existence (by virtue of the fact that He is good and merciful) but also that the Christian view is the only accurate one because it explains why God would allow this. That all might come to redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, who lived, died under the wrath of God and rose again for the forgiveness of all who would turn away from their wickedness and believe in His name.[/s]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 3:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
ubunja:
Number 1 and 2 are crap
Give me sound evidences and I shall conclude other wise. Adam and Eve, Moses, Abraham, King David, Solomon, Job, Jesus, Mary and many other bible characters never existed. Anyway, what are your takes on the other facts. Besides, I forgot to call the intelligent ones. Amakavula, Tamarapetty, Tozara, HopefulLandlord, HardMirror, XxSabrinaxX, Makydebbie, Biglittlelois, NwanyiAwkaetiti etc. What are your takes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Tchalz(m): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2019
The universe did not happen by accident.Someone must have created it...Something cannot come out of nothing.Having established that, whoever created the universe is God!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Give me sound evidences and I shall conclude other wise. Adam and Eve, Moses, Abraham, King David, Solomon, Job, Jesus, Mary and many other bible characters never existed. Anyway, what are your takes on the other facts. Besides, I forgot to call the intelligent ones. Amakavula, Tamarapetty, Tozara, CAPSLOCKED, HopefulLandlord, HardMirror, XxSabrinaxX, Makydebbie, Biglittlelois, NwanyiAwkaetiti etc. What are your takes?
if there was sound evidence what will be the point of faith?

4 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Bamidey: 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2019
ubunja:
Number 1 and 2 are crap
Crap without a counter reason to back it up?
I've read couple of stuffs you wrote and I believe with such intellect, you won't be an advocate of mere talk without evidence.
I'm a christian BTW. I'll like you to counter the OP with facts.
Is there really God somewhere? I've asked this question numerous times and believe me, even real men of God has.

6 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2019
ubunja:
if there was sound evidence what will be the point of faith?
So you find it okay to take certain things as truths without any sound basis? Will you take the existence of unicorns as true based on faith? Haba! Faith is no a virtue.

4 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
So you find it okay to take certain things as truths without any sound basis? Will you take the existence of unicorns as true based on faith? Haba! Faith is no a virtue.
We take everything by faith. Even the Big Bang Theory is not conclusive and has huge holes that scientists choose to ignore.

2 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
Bamidey:

Crap without a counter reason to back it up?
I've read couple of stuffs you wrote and I believe with such intellect, you won't be an advocate of mere talk without evidence.
I'm a christian BTW. I'll like you to counter the OP with facts.
Is there really God somewhere? I've asked this question numerous times and believe me, even real men of God has.
there is no reason to counter. It's not science. It's religion. Either you believe or you don't. No point in wasting energy.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2019
ubunja:

We take everything by faith. Even the Big Bang Theory is not conclusive and has huge holes that scientists choose to ignore.
Even if others take things by faith and ignore holes, that doesn't mean that you should follow suit. It makes no sense to do such. Start questioning things, embrace critical reasoning and start seeking evidences and investigating claims. Test and try claims.

8 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Even if others take things by faith and ignore holes, that doesn't mean that you should follow suit. It makes no sense to do such. Start questioning things, embrace critical reasoning and start seeking evidences and investigating claims. Test and try claims.
even atheism has holes. Eveything has holes. What do you believe?

1 Like

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
Tchalz:
The universe did not happen by accident.Someone must have created it...Something cannot come out of nothing.Having established that, whoever created the universe is God!
Is God something or nothing?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2019
ubunja:
even atheism has holes. Eveything has holes. What do you believe?
I know that all religious gods known to man and all other world mysticisms (psychics, native doctors, traditional voodoo, curse, witchcraft, sorcery, magic, spells etc.) are ridiculous garbages and falsehoods with no basis in reality. I don't know how the universe came about and I don't have answers to all of life's questions. I will believe in a god if there is any evidence to conclude that he/she/it exists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
I know that all religious gods known to man and all other world mysticisms (psychics, native doctors, traditional voodoo, curse, witchcraft, sorcery, magic, spells etc.) are ridiculous garbages and falsehoods with no basis in reality. I don't know how the universe came about and I don't have answers to all of life's questions. I will believe in a god if there is any evidence to conclude that he/she/it exists.
do you have any evidence that God DOES NOT exist?
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by MJBOLT: 4:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
evidence or STFU

Tchalz:

2 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2019
MJBOLT:
evidence or STFU

not everything has evidence.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2019
ubunja:
do you have any evidence that God DOES NOT exist?
I didn't say God, I said "all religious gods known to man." All religious gods have no basis or evidence for their existence and all logical analysis of them shows that they don't exist. Are you a christian? I want to know which of the gods to pick and debunk.

2 Likes

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by MJBOLT: 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2019
in that case,aliens exist grin
ubunja:
not everything has evidence.

1 Like

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
I didn't say God, I said "all religious gods known to man." All religious gods have no basis or evidence for their existence and all logical analysis of them shows that they don't exist. Are you a christian? I want to know which of the gods to pick and debunk.
its a question I'm asking. Im not basing it on anything you said.
What evidence is there that God Does Not exist?
I'm Christian
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by ubunja(m): 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2019
MJBOLT:
in that case,aliens exist grin

they do. We can't be alone in an infinite universe can we?
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Give me sound evidences and I shall conclude other wise. Adam and Eve, Moses, Abraham, King David, Solomon, Job, Jesus, Mary and many other bible characters never existed. Anyway, what are your takes on the other facts. Besides, I forgot to call the intelligent ones. Amakavula, Tamarapetty, Tozara, CAPSLOCKED, HopefulLandlord, HardMirror, XxSabrinaxX, Makydebbie, Biglittlelois, NwanyiAwkaetiti etc. What are your takes?
I Feel there's a supernatural being overseeing everything. Have you watched Hollywood Medium with Tyler? That show is an evidence that there is an afterlife.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
ubunja:
its a question I'm asking. Im not basing it on anything you said.
What evidence is there that God Does Not exist?
I'm Christian
As I have said, I don't know how the universe came about and I don't know if there is a creator or not even though I am inclined to believe that a natural process brought about the existence of everything. However, I am sure that all religious gods do not exist.

1 Like

Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by Martinez39(m): 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I Feel there's a supernatural being overseeing everything. Have you watched Hollywood Medium with Tyler? That show is an evidence that there is an afterlife.
I will watch it. Thanks.
Re: Hard Facts Of Life. by MJBOLT: 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2019
that staged show is your proof of an afterlife?you disappoint me

NwanyiAwkaetiti:

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Slim Lady With Big Breasts Causing Guys To Fight On Instagram / Ladies Pay And Queue To Take A Picture With A Man Big joystick (pics & Video) / Sweet! This Picture Of A Girl Spotted Under The Sun Will Wow You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.