Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom - Education (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom (150738 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition: The Waiting Is Over / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
Fynestboi:

Suggest date then...
Any weekend after April 2nd and 3rd will be okay. From test to exam. We are already sapped dry
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:31am On Mar 16, 2016
Catalyst4real:

Fynestboi, this topic was treated in the group stage, and I consider it to be inappropriate to debate on it again.
on behalf of team Abu Zaria, we'd appreciate a change in topic.
Thank you

Group stage? By which team? It was used for the Super Nairaland Interschool debate, and not group stage.... The topic was brought back due to the fact that what we expected as regard rebuttal stage of the Finals was not given, hence the topic....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:35am On Mar 16, 2016
Abuklaw:
Fynestboi, I just noticed the issue raised by my colleague and will consider it inappropriate for debate too. We would appreciate if the topic is changed to a more new and not recycled one.

Thanks to the management as we anticipate feedback and possibly, adjustment of the topic.

Kindly go through the fixture thread to validate your colleague claim...

https://www.nairaland.com/2811855/nairaland-interschool-debate-third-edition/2
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 11:51am On Mar 16, 2016
Fynestboi:

Group stage? By which team? It was used for the Super Nairaland Interschool debate, and not group stage.... The topic was brought back due to the fact that what we expected as regard rebuttal stage of the Finals was not given, hence the topic....
This topic puts Abu Zaria in an extremely tight corner, We will appreciate a change in topic, kindly look into it.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:58am On Mar 16, 2016
Catalyst4real:

This topic puts Abu Zaria in an extremely tight corner, We will appreciate a change in topic, kindly look into it.
Tight corner? Debate Topic normally are not meant to be an easy task.

The only reason debate topic will be change, is either if the topic is not debatable or it is not clearly stated.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
Fynestboi:

The only reason debate topic will be change, is either if the topic is not debatable or it is not clearly stated.

That's the point, it's not debatable
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 1:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
On second thought, Fynestboi please don't change the topic. My colleague and I will ace this like we always do.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
Fynestboi:

Is the date and the topic fixed?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
Neyoor:

Is the date and the topic fixed?

Yes.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
Catalyst4real:

That's the point, it's not debatable

Lol says who?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by IamDejman(m): 7:48am On Mar 18, 2016
emaculate99:
I didn't say that we should have it on April 2 but said after April 2. I believe that the organisers will in their good office give a date that is suitable for the parties and in which will be fair to the parties which April 3 doesn't seem to fit but other weekends after April 2&3 seem to fit.

Lasu exam begins 4th April. So 28th suits us

Cc Fynestboi
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 8:28am On Mar 18, 2016
smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Going by the new updated as regard OAU Exam I think 28 is the best date that will favour the both team, as we speak now OAU exam now ends on the 4th of April, so I believe TEAM OAU should be able to put up something as 25 and 28 is now declared an exam free day..

Cc

Emaculate99
OAUTemitayo
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Fynestboi:
Going by the new updated as regard OAU Exam I think 28 is the best date that will favour the both team, as we speak now OAU exam now ends on the 4th of April, so I believe TEAM OAU should be able to put up something as 25 and 28 is now declared as exam free day..

Cc

Emaculate99
OAUTemitayo
OAUTemitayo, is that okay for you?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
emaculate99:
OAUTemitayo, is that okay for you?
Okay
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:18am On Mar 21, 2016
Fynestboi:
[center][size=18pt]OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY VS LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY [/size][/center]
►Emaculate99
►OAUTemitayo
►Timidelaw
►Dejman

DATE: 28th March 2016

[size=15pt]Obafemi Awolowo University(Support) Vs Lagos State University (Oppose)

Topic: 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical
Mistake?[/size]

Coordinating:.. Tosyne2much
Judges: Xynerise, Adeaks, Obinoscopy

Time: 12pm

Venue: Nairaland.com

Come and witness the mother of all e-Essay Competition on the biggest Section of the biggest online forum in Africa..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:22am On Mar 21, 2016
Fynestboi:
[size=18pt]ABU ZARIA VS UNILORIN [/size]

► Abuklaw
► Catalystic4real

►Tourshaw
►Neyoor

DATE: 28th March 2016

TOPIC: Quintessential Nigerian Graduate - A Product Of Self Development Or The Institution".

Coordinating: Luxanne
Judges: Ishilove, HerexG, Ujsizzle

Time: 12pm
Venue: Nairaland.com

Come and witness the mother of all e-Essay Competition on the biggest Section of the biggest online forum in Africa..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by tosyne2much(m): 12:24am On Mar 21, 2016
This is going to be nice cool
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Tourshaw: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2016
Fynestboi:
[size=15pt] Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (A Product Of The Institution) Vs University of Ilorin (A Product Of Self Development

Topic: Quintessential Nigerian Graduate - A Product Of Self Development Or The Institution". [/size]

Judge:
Ujsizzle
Caracta
Ishilove

Catalyst4real
Abuklaw

Tourshaw
Neyoor

Date: 28th March 2016

12pm

Any questions?

Sir, why did you change our stance from product of self development to product of institution??

cc Neyoor, graciousolo, abuklaw, luxanne.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:03am On Mar 24, 2016
Tourshaw:

Sir, why did you change our stance from product of self development to product of institution??

cc Neyoor, graciousolo, abuklaw, luxanne.

Where.?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 24, 2016
www.nairaland.com/3001179/nairaland-interschool-debate-semi-finals

We are to speak for product of self development but what is written in this thread above is contrary to what is given to us. Please kindly look into it and correct the mistake.

Cc:

Fynestboi Luxanne
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:06am On Mar 24, 2016
Neyoor:
www.nairaland.com/3001179/nairaland-interschool-debate-semi-finals

We are to speak for product of self development but what is written in this thread above is contrary to what is given to us. Please kindly look into it and correct the mistake.

Cc:

Fynestboi Luxanne

Done...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 11:07am On Mar 24, 2016
ABU team has complained about the topic prior to this moment; that this topic has been debated in one of the previous stages. But, If you insist, we will accept it like that and go ahead with our preparation.

The latest development now is that, our availability on the slated date isn't certain. I lost my mobile phones and laptop to theft last week and making this comment from a public library. I could have proceeded with the someone's laptop but examination preparation is a major constraint.

consider this latest development and let know your feedback.

fynestboi, luxanne, catalyst4real,tourshaw, neyoor.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 24, 2016
Abuklaw:
ABU team has complained about the topic prior to this moment; that this topic has been debated in one of the previous stages. But, If you insist, we will accept it like that and go ahead with our preparation.

The latest development now is that, our availability on the slated date isn't certain. I lost my mobile phones and laptop to theft last week and making this comment from a public library. I could have proceeded with the someone's laptop but examination preparation is a major constraint.

consider this latest development and let know your feedback.

fynestboi, luxanne, catalyst4real,tourshaw, neyoor.

I learnt the topic was not thoroughly debated the last time it was done. Hence, the need for us to debate it again at this time.

I will implore the Moderators to look into your agitation, as regards your availability for the debate.

This is semi-final, both parties must be fully present to make it debatable.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
Neyoor:

I learnt the topic was not thoroughly debated the last time it was done. Hence, the need for us to debate it again at this time.

I will implore the Moderators to look into your agitation, as regards your availability for the debate.

This is semi-final, both parties must be fully present to make it debatable.
We will appreciate if the moderators would look into our complaint. I have not been able to communicate to my colleague as result of the theft, and I don't know if that will be possible before Monday.

catalyst4real, leave a message for me when you see this. I will see it when next I come online.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
Abuklaw:
We will appreciate if the moderators would look into our complaint. I have not been able to communicate to my colleague as result of the theft, and I don't know if that will be possible before Monday.

catalyst4real, leave a message for me when you see this. I will see it when next I come online.
Fynestboi seemed to have taken an indelible stand towards not changing the topic. I miss the logic in debating an already debated topic when there are a lot of unexplored topics, begging to be summoned.

Continuously imploring him to change it, presented an incompetent picture of me and the Institution I represent.
Which is why am passive at the moment.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
Catalyst4real:

Fynestboi seemed to have taken an indelible stand towards not changing the topic. I miss the logic in debating an already debated topic when there are a lot of unexplored topics, begging to be summoned.

Continuously imploring him to change it, presented an incompetent picture of me and the Institution I represent.
Which is why am passive at the moment.

So far so good, the topic has been fixed and their is no plan to change it. How about the availability of you and your team mate for the debate on this fixed date? I hope it is guaranteed because I would like both parties to be duly represented to make the battle fierce.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
But wait why are you suddenly concern about whether the topic had been debated before or not? This is not the first time we are using old topics, even for you, the quarter final stage was a once debated topic, the beauty of this topic lies in their beauty of seeing them from different perspective, there are some of this topic that stand all time, and will never loose their beauty, now tell me what's wrong with the topic we picked for you guys? Was once debated by who and when? Was it during this edition?

I asked you, to provide such evidence that the topic was used in this edition... But you could not...

We are not changing the topic on the premise that it was once debated...

Catalystic4real
Abuklaw
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Abuklaw and Catalystic4real

Kindly do well to provide us with the time you will be fully available so we can refine the time. ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (65) (Reply)

2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. / List Private Universities In Nigeria / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.