Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom - Education (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom (151274 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition: The Waiting Is Over / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
graciousolo:

Such insolence. You should be well behaved even if you are on an online platform. I'm done with you. I never really had your time.
I am glad you know what moral deficient is. I am done with the allegation and recrimination. Neyoor and I has been friends and will continue to be.

Apology to team Unilorin.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Tourshaw: 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:
I am glad you know what moral deficient is. I am done with the allegation and recrimination. Neyoor and I has been friends and will continue to be.

Apology to team Unilorin.

I, on behalf of team Unilorin, in it's humblest form, crave the indulgence of team ABU for the fracas that happened today. Shit they say happens. Let's dissolve the grudges and let bygones be bygones.Thanks for your understanding.

cc
Abuklaw, catalyst4real, Neyoor, graciousolo, others.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Tourshaw:

I, on behalf of team Unilorin, in it's humblest form, crave the indulgence of team ABU for the fracas that happened today. Shit they say happens. Let's dissolve the grudges and let bygones be bygones.Thanks for your understanding.

cc
Abuklaw, catalyst4real, Neyoor, graciousolo, others.
It is nothing bro. Adrenalin flows in everyone of us. As we await the result, it is good to show the world that it doesn't matter who wins, but what matters is learning outcome. I have added to my reservoir of experience today.

It's frustrating to realise, that after running from pillar to post to borrow laptop, after strenuous attempt at fine-tuning an argument, you still have have to contend with inability to make a meaningful contribution.

My unrestrained apology to Team Unilorin smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 7:38am On Mar 29, 2016
Smile...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 8:42am On Mar 29, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3542701_judges20160329080727_jpeg26aaa2ecdef23dc31c09ab9af8302b01

And now, let us take this time out to appreciate all that has made this event what it is, a grand success.

To all the debaters from the essay submission stage til date, we love and appreciate you all.

To the organizers, coordinators, judges and all Nairaland ers, your unrelenting support are also well appreciated.

And to our dear sponsors, thank you, thank you for investing in this.

Cc:

Ymodulus

Ifyalways

Jarus

Jaybee3

Amiloaded.com

All judges

GIVEAWAYS

► A hard copy of the book "The Road to Victoria Island" authored by Mr. Jarus to the debaters of the winning school.

► A soft copy (ebook version) to be given to each debater of the second placed team.

► Best debater to be invited to JarusHub Networking Event - an avenue to meet and dine with some Lagos professionals in a top restaurant in Lagos (This meet holds on every last Saturday of every month, and the debater is free to choose the month he prefers from June to December 2016).

Courtesy: JarusHub Career Consulting

If you are reading this and you are also interested in sponsoring this educational event, kindly reach us on - - nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com.

Thank you.

[size=15pt]If you are reading this and you are also interested in sponsoring this educational event, kindly reach us on - - nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com.[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3542699_img20160328234005_jpeg64a2becee44c19540db4c262baf5d24d
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 30, 2016
I think it is high time the judging process for this debate be put under great consideration.what are the criteria for scoring, are they religiously followed ?who are the moderators, are they impartial ?It is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that this round results between LASU and OAU is anothercase of terrible, corrupt and questionable situations which we may soon start leaving or playing with if we don't start dealing with them now. We are not justcalled the future for nothing. One of our responsibilities is to rescue our educational system which is in a state of quagmire. I salute those that birthed this whole thing, bit we are already getting it wrong.The debate results are not fair, and they are not right.Many people here will agree with me that the LASU team pulled this off. People had started congratulating them even before the results were released, it showed how glaring it was that they are rightful winners. They pulled off an excellent argument, the rebutting may not be great as some of the questions may even be considered vague but that did not stop people from congratulating team LASU for a great job. Team LASU has been robbed inbroad daylight and we request that ;1)the debate process be reviewed by neutral people2) fynestboi should not moderate, we and almost everyone here has lost trust in him as it is glaring that he has a big interest and thereby breaches the general principle " Nemo judex in causa sua"3) the round between team LASU and team OAU be reviewed and if deem fit, should be taken again4) the announced result on the debate round between team LASU and team OAU should be annulled.5) Seun, Obinoscopy, lalasticlala this should be givenserious consideration.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:23am On Mar 30, 2016
grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:30am On Mar 30, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3542701_judges20160329080727_jpeg26aaa2ecdef23dc31c09ab9af8302b01

And now, let us take this time out to appreciate all that has made this event what it is, a grand success.

To all the debaters from the essay submission stage til date, we love and appreciate you all.

To the organizers, coordinators, judges and all Nairaland ers, your unrelenting support are also well appreciated.

And to our dear sponsors, thank you, thank you for investing in this.

If you are reading this and you are also interested in sponsoring this educational event, kindly reach us on - - nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com.

Thank you.

[size=15pt]If you are reading this and you are also interested in sponsoring this educational event, kindly reach us on - - nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com.[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3542699_img20160328234005_jpeg64a2becee44c19540db4c262baf5d24d
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:33am On Mar 30, 2016
@danyel09 I seriously don't want to reply you, coz I don't understand what your point is.

Is it that the judges that graded the score were biased? Or that I manipulate the score? Or what I don't understand that's why I choose not to reply at first, so can you kindly explain which of the two you are referring to? The moderator manipulated the result or the judges were biased?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:
@danyel09 I seriously don't want to reply you, coz I don't understand what your point is.

Is it that the judges that graded the score were biased? Or that I manipulate the score? Or what I don't understand that's why I choose not to reply at first, so can you kindly explain which of the two you are referring to? The moderator manipulated the result or the judges were biased?
I wouldn't know if the lacuna is from the moderators or the judges, I not being part of the process will only see the end product and that is the result sheet, anything from any chain might have happened to the result and I won't know. Now the point is, team LASU deserved to win fair and square, argument wise and every other criteria was on point. People were already congratulating them, they are clear winners, well until you brought your results. There is nothing there in doing a review or to redo the round, it's dubious. Swallow your pride, even INEC conducts re-run elections.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 10:14am On Mar 30, 2016
Danyel09 you're fighting a futile battle

I could have complained too but I held my peace.
Sometimes I think the number of "likes" impairs the judgement of the judges.

During my debate, my opponent was getting cheap likes from his colleagues In background.

Two of the judges were neither present during the debate nor active.
They only came at the end of everything to award marks. (The number of likes still impairing their judgement)

I was so sure I killed it, so many of my insightful questions from the rebuttals weren't even answered by my opponent.

When am faced with failure, I always see it as my incompetence, as it open ways to improvement.

So this fair hearing you're looking for is more of chasing the wind. some fate, you accept.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 11:11am On Mar 30, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Danyel09 you're fighting a futile battle

I could have complained too but I held my peace.
Sometimes I think the number of "likes" impairs the judgement of the judges.

During my debate, my opponent was getting cheap likes from his colleagues In background.

Two of the judges were neither present during the debate nor active.
They only came at the end of everything to award marks. (The number of likes still impairing their judgement)

I was so sure I killed it, so many of my insightful questions from the rebuttals weren't even answered by my opponent.

When am faced with failure, I always see it as my incompetence, as it open ways to improvement.

So this fair hearing you're looking for is more of chasing the wind. some fate, you accept.
Are you saying you are better than all those you defeated since group stage?
You defeated some people, they did not complain and accepted defeat.
This is ridiculous.
People like you are bad losers. very bad ones
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
This is ridiculous.
First of all, learn to mind your business

Do I look like i haven't yielded to defeat, If I didn't I would have started an uproar from that very day.
Why are you so given to foolishness and myopic nuisance?
You should learn to be mindful of your words when addressing people, even if it isn't because of your inexistent self decency, at least do it for the name of the school you carry around in your username.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 30, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
This is ridiculous.
ya, for the sake of the good spirit of sportsmanship I would have kept shut bit keeping shut will only increase the lacuna we are experiencing in our educational system as what the debate was meant to tackle is now becoming part of the debate itself. The rot is too much, silence aided it's continuity and maybe this is the time for someone to talk.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2016
@Catalyst4real and OAUTemitayo be mindful of Rule 2

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Thanks...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2016
Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men's imperfections, and conceal your own. -George Bernard Shaw
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2016
Catalyst4real:

First of all, learn to mind your business

Do I look like i haven't yielded to defeat, If I didn't I would have started an uproar from that very day.
Why are you so given to foolishness and myopic nuisance?
You should learn to be mindful of your words when addressing people, even if it isn't because of your inexistent self decency, at least do it for the name of the school you carry around in your username.
If you have the ability to mind your own business you won't have dabbled into an OAU issue because the person you are supporting was accusing OAU of defeating his school through dubious means which deep inside you you know it is not true.
As for the 'foolishness and myopic nuisance' part, I won't trade insults with you. I am way above that gutter level.
Learn to mind your own business before accusing others of not.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
ya, for the sake of the good spirit of sportsmanship I would have kept shut bit keeping shut will only increase the lacuna we are experiencing in our educational system as what the debate was meant to tackle is now becoming part of the debate itself. The rot is too much, silence aided it's continuity and maybe this is the time for someone to talk.

How many of this debate edition have you witness?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2016
Neyoor:
Choose silence of all virtues, for by it you hear other men's imperfections, and conceal your own. -George Bernard Shaw
Wise one.
Am out
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

How many of this debate edition have you witness?

every bro, every one of ehm, and please stop digressing, that's not the point
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:29am On Mar 30, 2016
I think I really need to clear something here, when the debate started 3years ago we used to have two judges, but the first edition witness so many uproar as regard the honesty of the judges in grading them we thought in the third edition to use three judges why? It is impossible for the three judges to be biased, if that's the case then it presupposes that If three judges will be grading then the winner should be able to win two judges over the third making it 2-1 if such can happen then declaring the winner can not be coloured with dishonesty, but the only case we can look into is if it is 2-1 and the one with 1 happens to be the winner that's the only case we can do any re-run,and the case so far had been 2-1 except one which was in the Quarter Finals..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:

Every? Are you kidding me? When was the first one?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 11:33am On Mar 30, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
If you have the ability to mind your own business you won't have dabbled into an OAU issue because the person you are supporting was accusing OAU of defeating his school through dubious means which deep inside you you know it is not true.
As for the 'foolishness and myopic nuisance' part, I won't trade insults with you. I am way above that gutter level.
It's a shame

When I was busy using my experience to dissuade him from embarking on this path he has chosen

With your twisted mindset and intertwined comprehension you came in and called me a "Loser"

it's really a shame
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:34am On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:

Every? Are you kidding me? When was the first one? Am not digressing if you really followed all as you claimed, then I don't think you will be clamouring, the way you are doing, a re-run as you put it presupposes that the two judges that OAU won on their score sheet is biase? Or have you forgotten OAU won with 2-1 grading?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 30, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
grin grin grin grin see who is claiming "above gutter level" grin you wouldn't even last a round if we ever had a debate face off. It's a pity this is a faceless forum, it's the kid that has not left his father's farm that will think his father's is the biggest. I pity your mentality.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

Every? Are you kidding me? When was the first one? Am not digressing if you really followed all as you claimed, then I don't think you will be clamouring, the way you are doing, a re-run as you put it presupposes that the two judges that OAU won on their score sheet is biase? Or have you forgotten OAU won with 2-1 grading?
if you want to stylishly push the blame to the judges like you're doing now, let me help you, what are the criteria for choosing the judges ? who are the judges ? what's their qualification ?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2016
@Catalyst4real thank you for spewing your mind, the judge that was available to question you, scored UNILORIN 22 and ABU ZARIA 20, the other two judges that were not available at the time of the questioning keenly followed the debate, just that they choosed not to ask questions, and it is never stated any where compulsorily for Judges to ask questions.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 11:42am On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:
@Catalyst4real thank you for spewing your mind, the judge that was available to question you, scored UNILORIN 22 and ABU ZARIA 20, the other two judges that were not available at the time of the questioning keenly followed the debate, just that they choosed not to ask questions, and it is never stated any where compulsorily for Judges to ask questions.
From the judge that was available it was Abu Zaria 22 Unilorin 20
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
if you want to stylishly push the blame to the judges like you're doing now, let me help you, what are the criteria for choosing the judges ? who are the judges ? what's their qualification ?

I am not trying to shift not blame on anyone, I am only trying to explain to you that the score sheet couldn't have been coloured with biase as you claimed, due to the method we the coordinator adopted, and to your question of who are the judges, blah blah blah, have you forgotten you claimed to have been following since day one of this debate from first edition, by now you should know that...

Thanks...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 11:44am On Mar 30, 2016
How can a judge not even be available during a debate? Is that even allowed? They only followed it after it was over
I sincerely don't wanna drag this issue
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 11:47am On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
grin grin grin grin see who is claiming "above gutter level" grin you wouldn't even last a round if we ever had a debate face off. It's a pity this is a faceless forum, it's the kid that has not left his father's farm that will think his father's is the biggest. I pity your mentality.
Catalyst4real:

It's a shame
When I was busy using my experience to dissuade him from embarking on this path he has chosen
With your twisted mindset and intertwined comprehension you came in and called me a "Loser"
it's really a shame
danyel09:
You too can say whatever pleases you.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2016
Catalyst4real:

From the judge that was available it was Abu Zaria 22 Unilorin 20
Says who?

No sir you are wrong...

Can you see? How did you know? Who told you that? We don't use Judges name for their score do we? So where did you see name of the judge that asked you guys questions ,?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (65) (Reply)

Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread / 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.